Am i just messed up?

Ok so yeah i think most of my worth comes from being the best out there at what i do creatively... is this a bad thing? I'm not really avoiding my feelings though, i dont go crying to anyone or tell people my deepest feelings but i feel them and i cry and stuff... Only when I'm alone thinking about things. I think I'm valuable.... Have a hard time trying to figure out why the people im interested in don't seem to? I don't really get why anyone wouldn't like me but it happens and its confusing.

Cypocryphy

??????????????????

:lol: Is the number of question marks relative to the exigency in which you wish the question answered or to the degree of puzzlement? :wink:

You can induce one reason by Eight eight's response: "I have ADD, and am on meds for that. I have awesome handwriting, its pretty :D but i hate sitting around writing, did horribly in school. Actually sitting around writing is bummer indeed"

The predominance of Martian energy creates a restlessness and inability to focus and reflect. Writing, especially creative writing, requires a great level of reflection, of plummeting the depths of human behavior and being able to contemplate the moral, ethical and psychological nature of humanity. James Joyce is an excellent example of this quality. The Martian energy causes one to be too restless in the mind, too active, too ego driven and too outward projecting to have the quality of deep reflection and perception required to produce quality work.

Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

Peregrine_Moon

It took me a long, long time to begin to understand that how people feel about me isn't really about me, it's about them.

It pleases me when others care about me. I have an ego. I consider myself to be worth caring about. But I'm not necessarily a better or worse person just because someone does or doesn't care for me. I need to remember this, too. It can be a wonderful, glorious thing when someone loves me and I feel the same way about them. But when they don't love me, even when I want them to, and when I've demonstrated all of my most loveable qualities, assets and whatever else I think should seal the deal, if they don't love me, that's not a comment on my essential loveableness. For whatever reason, they don't find in me whatever they're looking for. Or maybe they recognize all my finest qualities but, deep down, they just can't tolerate redheads: my hair colour is the deal-breaker. Maybe it's something else. All I know for sure is it's not me, it's them.

Similarly, how I feel about someone says more about me more than about them. I can learn a lot if I focus on why I care about someone or why I have a strong, negative reaction to someone else. Perhaps the other person reminds me of someone I've known in the past. If the association is positive, terrific. If negative, I know what to do with that, too. Pretty soon, I have to recognize that I may be sorting people into categories and then deal with them as though their classification is appropriate. Just because I've relegated someone into a particular category doesn't mean that they belong there or even that it's right for me to be so discriminating or discriminatory.

This is all to say that if the people you care about don't seem to care for you, keep going. Whatever you do, don't settle for friends or companions who don't care about you. And, if you want to be loved, be loving, yourself. Be loving and kind and caring first. Take risks. Open your heart a bit wider.

Peregrine_Moon

The predominance of Martian energy creates a restlessness and inability to focus and reflect. Writing, especially creative writing, requires a great level of reflection, of plummeting the depths of human behavior and being able to contemplate the moral, ethical and psychological nature of humanity. James Joyce is an excellent example of this quality. The Martian energy causes one to be too restless in the mind, too active, too ego driven and too outward projecting to have the quality of deep reflection and perception required to produce quality work.

With all due respect, Cypocryphy, this is a great overstatement. The writer Stephen King has Mars conjunct the Ascendant, as does the poet Ted Hughes. Ernest Hemingway has Mars in his first house, out of orb for the conjunction, but one can hardly say that the man lacked an outward-projecting ego, a restless mind or physical vigor, to say nothing of the depth and perception in his high-quality work. Bill Clinton also has Mars conjunct the Ascendant; though writing hasn't been his primary form of expression, he's certainly capable of channelling the Martian energy into his work and presentation.

Our friend 888888 doesn't want to be a writer, in any case. But the Mars conjunction with the Ascendant shouldn't prevent her from whatever she wants to do. She will need to find ways to handle her energy so that she can focus attentively, and it sounds like she's able to do that.

Cypocryphy

With all due respect, Cypocryphy, this is a great overstatement.

I believe you see it that way.

Bill Clinton also has Mars conjunct the Ascendant; though writing hasn't been his primary form of expression, he's certainly capable of channelling the Martian energy into his work and presentation.

Bill Clinton is not a good example. One, he is not a writer in the sense that we are talking about, and two, much of his writing is done by others. I do see your point, however, and I agree.

Our friend 888888 doesn't want to be a writer, in any case.

Sure. But that was learned after the fact.

But the Mars conjunction with the Ascendant shouldn't prevent her from whatever she wants to do.

That's true. Just to clarify, however, I did not say she is incapable of being a great writer. If you look at what I wrote I again, you will see that I said "I am not sure . . ." That qualification means I am not saying it is out of the question, simply that there is a shadow of doubt cast by Mars.

And you buttressed your position with some cases in point, and I do think they are all great writers. Nevertheless, there are always exceptions. The reason for such exceptions is due to the nature of free will, which allows individuals to either circumnavigate any energies working adversely toward an individual's projection of his or her ideals and dreams into the physical world or to utilize said energies synergistically to create a positive manifestation of one's desire or goal. Also, it is worth taking note that astrology has an approximate 80 percent accuracy in predicting an individual's personality and course in life. Free will is the driving force, more powerful than the Sun's solar flares, more powerful the the Moon's gravitational pull.

I would also like to qualify anything I say regarding sign and planetary influence as not being a force that dictates one's course in life, as if he or she is on a railway and can either move backward or forward on a set path. Rather, they are only inclinations, currents that influence. They do not commandeer a person's soul, just color it. The soul is tempered by mind and directed by it. Mind is the painter; astrology is just colors used or rejected by us as we paint our soul.

I do believe that if you look at many famous writers, you will find that, in the aggregate, Mars will be a relatively weak factor.

As an ending note, I do think I could be wrong about this---but I will have to look into it further or be presented by substantially more evidence to think otherwise. And of course---this is just my opinion. Nothing more.

It took me a long, long time to begin to understand that how people feel about me isn't really about me, it's about them.

It pleases me when others care about me. I have an ego. I consider myself to be worth caring about. But I'm not necessarily a better or worse person just because someone does or doesn't care for me. I need to remember this, too. It can be a wonderful, glorious thing when someone loves me and I feel the same way about them. But when they don't love me, even when I want them to, and when I've demonstrated all of my most loveable qualities, assets and whatever else I think should seal the deal, if they don't love me, that's not a comment on my essential loveableness. For whatever reason, they don't find in me whatever they're looking for. Or maybe they recognize all my finest qualities but, deep down, they just can't tolerate redheads: my hair colour is the deal-breaker. Maybe it's something else. All I know for sure is it's not me, it's them.

Similarly, how I feel about someone says more about me more than about them. I can learn a lot if I focus on why I care about someone or why I have a strong, negative reaction to someone else. Perhaps the other person reminds me of someone I've known in the past. If the association is positive, terrific. If negative, I know what to do with that, too. Pretty soon, I have to recognize that I may be sorting people into categories and then deal with them as though their classification is appropriate. Just because I've relegated someone into a particular category doesn't mean that they belong there or even that it's right for me to be so discriminating or discriminatory.

This is all to say that if the people you care about don't seem to care for you, keep going. Whatever you do, don't settle for friends or companions who don't care about you. And, if you want to be loved, be loving, yourself. Be loving and kind and caring first. Take risks. Open your heart a bit wider.

Makes sense....

Cypocryphy

One last thing: I think it is great that you brought up Earnest Hemingway because he is a perfect example of Mars having a tremendous impact on his writing.

Hemingway was not only a writer, he was a soldier during the first World War. He was a hunter as well, and his literature is fraught with athleticism, aggression and other Martian characteristics. Not only did he excel in English and literature, he also was an avid sportsman, competing in numerous athletic activities throughout his life, such as boxing and track. These Martian characteristics of hunting (fishing), bullfighting, etc. pervaded his writing. His subject matter was Martian, too.

So this is a classic example of turning this Martian energy to his advantage. It is interesting, and does show how these energies can become part of one's character and lead to success.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Cypocrphy. Much of the reason for my question marks has already been expressed by Peregrine Moon. Thanks for the examples Peregrine. Although 88888888 has said that she doesn't want to be a writer at the moment, I don't think it's a good idea to give her the impression that her chart somehow contra-indicates this. She may want to give it another go in the future.

It's worth remembering that Mercury is ruled by Aries in esoteric astrology, illustrating how the energy of Mars is not incompatible with the use of mind. Just as many sports people benefit from the coordination afforded by a strong mercury, so a many writers benefit from the drive of Mars.

Mars is rising in this chart, making it very strong because the ascendant is Mars' natural angle, and I can see why such a placement could be associated with the need to do something more dynamic and physical. But this is no ordinary Mars. It's in a t square with Moon in Cancer and Neptune (with the Moon on the angle of role in the wider world.) Moon in Cancer opposite Neptune has great potential for exploring the imaginal realm, and the tension of the opposition is seeking manifestation through the rising Mars. Meanwhile Mars is in an air sign, and so more likely to express on the mental plane. Mars also makes a close novice aspect with Mercury, and Mars' ruler is in expressive Scorpio.

miquar

Hi 88888888. I wasn't suggesting that you were necessarily hiding from your feelings - it's just something I would routinely encourage people to check out with themselves just in case where Saturn and watery energy come together.

With a similar tentativeness, I wanted to throw in another idea in response to what you posted above. The signs most likely to deflect the initiative of Mars are Cancer, Libra and Pisces. Your Mars is in Libra, and tensely aspecting the rulers of Cancer and Pisces (Moon and Neptune, which are both strong because angular, and Moon is strong in its own sign). So although your Mars is rising, it may not express in a straightforward manner.

The need for inclusion which is valued in different ways by Libra, Cancer and Pisces could mean Mars' self-assertiveness is inhibited, and perhaps channeled into striving and even competing (Mars) to be liked. Sometimes this kind of Mars (i.e. rising and also deflected) can be partly projected into the environment, which leads to others reacting in a Martial way which seems at odds with the amiable front which is being presented.

It's just a suggestion, but might be worth checking out. I have heard people talk about their experience (and I have come across it myself too) of someone who is very affable and courteous, but somehow triggers irritability in others. This may not be the kind of dynamic you were referring to, though.?

Cypocryphy

Hey Miquar:

Hi Cypocrphy. Much of the reason for my question marks has already been expressed by Peregrine Moon. Thanks for the examples Peregrine. Although 88888888 has said that she doesn't want to be a writer at the moment, I don't think it's a good idea to give her the impression that her chart somehow contra-indicates this. She may want to give it another go in the future.

You bet. I can appreciate your and Peregrine Moon's concern. It's important for people not to feel discouraged.

Oooh okay, i see.... hm well i do like being liked... And that is so true, i do occassionally meet people who seem to hate me right away when ive been nothing but nice! I just assume that they are either just a-holes or they think im being fake... Regardless i think those people should lighten up and get over themselves... The only thing i want from them is a smile :)

miquar

Fair enough. Even if your Mars plays a part in such dynamics, it probably only occurs with people who also have Mars issues themselves. Thanks for all the open and honest background you've given on this thread.

Thank u for all the information... Really into learning as much as possible about myself right now... Its nice of you all to be so helpful esp to those of us who tend to be kinda standoffish emotionally, wish i can offer something in return

Guess i need to work on figuring out how to get angry properly... Not putting my self worth on my business, not being so sexual, get help in making judgements, not worry about what my love/friends/family thinks...