Ceres rules Virgo, and the Earth rules Taurus.. Thoughts?

AppLeo

Now the traditional system had it down pretty good.

All signs were ruled by two planets except for Leo and Cancer.

However, when modern astrology came about, the newer planets were associated with the signs.

Aries: Mars
Taurus: Venus
Gemini:Mercury
Cancer: Moon
Leo: Sun
Virgo: Mercury
Libra: Venus
Scorpio: Pluto
Sagittarius: Jupiter
Capricorn: Saturn
Aquarius: Uranus
Pisces: Neptune

The only signs left that don’t have a planet of their own are Taurus, Libra, Gemini, and Mercury.

I feel like Venus fits with Libra more. And I feel like Mercury fits with Gemini more.

So that leaves Taurus and Virgo.

Taurus should be assigned earth. Because anything born on Earth has an inherent Taurus nature to it. And Earth itself is like fixed Earth. It’s a giant rock that maintains its Earth. And it’s seen as the center of the solar system even though it’s not. Earth is the most beautiful planet and it has life on it. Taurus in my eyes represents life. Scorpio on the other hand is death and transformation. Life forms on Earth are slow to change and fear death and pursue life.

So Earth rules Taurus.

Which leaves Gemini and Virgo. Well, I think Mercury rules Gemini. Which leaves Virgo alone.

But the. I read about the asteroid Ceres, and the description matches Virgo really really well.

Ceres is about food (earthy), agriculture (Virgo ends the summer season which may begin harvest or preparing for colder temperatures), transitions in females life, nurturing and motherhood. Although Cancer is nurturing and motherly, Virgo is too in a very practical way.

So yeah, Ceres rules Virgo.

CapAquaPis

Re: Ceres rules Virgo, and Earth rules Taurus.. Thoughts?

Here's my version of planetary rulerships for each zodiac sign:

Aries: Mars, Pluto, Sun.
Taurus: Venus, Ceres, Mercury.
Gemini:Mercury, Eris, Venus.
Cancer: Moon, Sun, Ceres.
Leo: Sun, Moon, Mars.
Virgo: Mercury, Ceres, Jupiter.
Libra: Venus, Eris, Saturn.
Scorpio: Pluto, Mars, Uranus.
Sagittarius: Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron.
Capricorn: Saturn, Uranus, Pluto.
Aquarius: Uranus, Saturn, Eris.
Pisces: Neptune, Jupiter, Sedna.

They have a ruler, co-ruler and influence, about 3 planets for each sign.

AppLeo

Here's my version of planetary rulerships for each zodiac sign:

Aries: Mars, Pluto, Sun.
Taurus: Venus, Ceres, Mercury.
Gemini:Mercury, Eris, Venus.
Cancer: Moon, Sun, Ceres.
Leo: Sun, Moon, Mars.
Virgo: Mercury, Ceres, Jupiter.
Libra: Venus, Eris, Saturn.
Scorpio: Pluto, Mars, Uranus.
Sagittarius: Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron.
Capricorn: Saturn, Uranus, Pluto.
Aquarius: Uranus, Saturn, Eris.
Pisces: Neptune, Jupiter, Sedna.

They have a ruler, co-ruler and influence, about 3 planets for each sign.

Hmm.. interesting that you give all signs 3 rulerships.

Why did you give Jupiter rulership over Virgo? Seems way out of place. Everything else I can get behind.

aldebaran

My guess:

Ceres is related to Hasta.
Earth related to Krittika :pinched:

which also means Virgo/Taurus, but with more specific descriptions.

CapAquaPis

The Sun has a major effect on Aquarius, so does the Moon for Capricorns - the opposite of signs ruled by the Sun (Leo) and Moon (Cancer).

AppLeo, Jupiter is the royal planet and Virgo is thought to represent a queen of the universe, so it fits her (the Maiden virgin) perfectly.

And Chiron (a planetoid) is the "healer" in a healing sign Sagittarius in medical astrology, and Sedna is the "psychic" in a spiritual sign Pisces.

AppLeo

AppLeo, Jupiter is the royal planet and Virgo is thought to represent a queen of the universe, so it fits her (the Maiden virgin) perfectly.

Not really. Virgo is an Earth sign, and Earth signs are skeptics and non-believers. Jupiter is all about the beliefs and positivity.

Also, Jupiter is big picture – makes everything wide and expansive. Virgo focus on the tiny little details that don't hold any weight.

aldebaran

What are Hasta and Krittika?

They are Lunar Mansions(nakshatras), a kind of old Zodiac from India/China that divides the sky in 27 portions, which were later mixed in India with the Assirian zodiac of 12 signs.

I suggest Barbara Pijan Lama website to read about nakshatras, it's great. I interpret them as if I was reading super-detailed descriptions of decans/terms, portions of a Sign.

Hasta Nakshatra describes very well my personality. And since I don't have much neither in Tropical or Sidereal Virgo, I assumed that my strong aspects of Ceres(with Moon and Sun) result on it.

Last edited:

waybread

The earth isn't able to rule a sign. Signs and the constellations for which they are named appear up in the sky. Astrology is based upon a geocentric (earth-centered) or topocentric (place centered,) Ptolemaic cosmos. From your standpoint on earth, you will never see the earth up in the sky.

The earth in a horoscope is symbolized by the AC-DC axis.

Several years ago I did a lot of research on Ceres as potentially a modern ruler of Virgo. My results were not conclusive.

Keep in mind that rulership (domicile) means considerably more than simple affinity. A sign ruler has real work to do in a horoscope, notably as a house cusp ruler (lord.)

david starling

The earth isn't able to rule a sign. Signs and the constellations for which they are named appear up in the sky. Astrology is based upon a geocentric (earth-centered) or topocentric (place centered,) Ptolemaic cosmos. From your standpoint on earth, you will never see the earth up in the sky.

The earth in a horoscope is symbolized by the AC-DC axis.

Several years ago I did a lot of research on Ceres as potentially a modern ruler of Virgo. My results were not conclusive.

Keep in mind that rulership (domicile) means considerably more than simple affinity. A sign ruler has real work to do in a horoscope, notably as a house cusp ruler (lord.)

[IMO] which I'm quite confident about (even though I realize that you'll dismiss it as nonsensical:biggrin:), the Earth, which is by necessity "fixed" in the center of the geocentric Zodiac, is the Native-ruler of the Fixed-Earth Sign. Not because of the nomenclature, which is just a synchronistic coincidence. Our circle of measurement, the Ecliptic, is Earth's orbital-plane, and it's through the Ecliptic itself that our home Planet expresses its Astrological effect. The Age Indicator isn't a single point, or even a single line. As the "part that represents the whole", it's a measured segment of the circle of the Ecliptic, which is firmly divided into 12 equal parts, according to most Astrologers (Constellationists not included). Therefore, the Ages are representative of Earth's Chart-influence; and, the Age Indicator is the leading edge of the constructed, 30 degree Age Interval, which is located using important Terrestrial points, and moves through the Zodiac due to Earth's "wobble" as it rotates. The Age Interval moves in and out of Convergence with the Signs, at such a slow pace that Earth's Astrological impact has to be discerned by what are often (coincidentally) called the Ages of Earth, meaning epochs such as the Iron Age, the Dark Ages, etc.
So, yes, for this reason, combined with a pattern which employs rate of movement, I do have the Earth as the "Native-ruler" of Taurus. However, Taurus is "in-Service" to Venus due to another coherent pattern, and Taurus is so responsive to Venus that I do use Venus as its major Chart-influence. Similarly, due to that pattern, Scorpio is, by the same token, (what I'm calling) "in-Service" to Mars, and is highly responsive to Mars. Due to the slow movement of the Age Indicator especially, but also the second slowest ruler, Pluto, they are the impersonal rulers, while Venus and Mars are my go-to personal rulers for Taurus and Scorpio.
Don't know why I bothered explaining it, but, there it is. :biggrin:

Last edited:

waybread

So David, explain to me how you actually use the earth as a sign or house cusp ruler.

And then let me know when you see it up in the sky.

david starling

So David, explain to me how you actually use the earth as a sign or house cusp ruler.

And then let me know when you see it up in the sky.

Earth's Age Indicator is comprised of measured points, which are located differently in Tropical versus Sidereal charts. Both the locating points, and the movement, are qualities of the Earth.
Let me know when you see the Midheaven and the Sign-boundaries in the sky. Or, the NN (assuming the Moon isn't there at the time). :biggrin:
Also, the visible House-cusps in the sky; and, now that I know about them, the visible term-lords, embedded in the visible Sign-degree points.

Last edited:

david starling

Visible Equinoctial and Solsticial points would save us the trouble of locating them. And, the Apogee point of the Moon, for Black Lilith; and, for locating the center of the Tropical Age Interval, the diamond point at Earth's closest approach to the Sun (Earth's Perihelion), which is on the centerline of Earth's elliptical orbit.

aldebaran

I ask for a kindly disagreement. The Ancient didn't often see Earth as we see, as a Planet like the others. They believed most often that Earth had a totally different nature if compared to the other Planets/bodies of the sky. Earth wasn't a Planet.

The way we see Earth now I believe justifies supposing that it could have Astrological significance, if we change the traditional comprehension of the world it will have effects on other areas - if Earth is a Planet, it belongs to the sky. Thus I believe the denial of Earth's Astrological influence should be done by experiment, not by tradition.

I tried two ways:
Opposite Sun (position of Earth related to Sun)
Imum Coeli, center of Earth.

This second option is interesting, once we geometrically calculate the position of the Planets by the Center, the Center of Earth (Imum Coeli) would be the most natural conclusion for the source of it's influence.

An interesting thesis, however, is supposing the mysterious point of the Ascendant as the source of Earth's influence - it rivalizes with Sun and Moon in relevance, as we would suppose only the Blue planet could do.

david starling

We're dealing with 3 dichotomies: 1) The Ecliptic is both Earth's plane of orbit around the Sun, AND the Sun's orbital path around the Earth.
2) The Earth rotates on its axis, AND the Earth is stationary with everything else, including the constellations, rotating around the Earth.
3) The Seasonal points rotate through the constellations in Retrograde fashion AND, the constellations rotate relative to the Seasonal points with Direct-motion.
I'm opting for a combination that yields what I consider to be the best Astrological results, using these concepts: 1) All movement is relative to the location of the viewer. 2) The choice of what is held fixed in place is up to the viewer.

Last edited:

Our3Minds

If we see the Planets as symbols of the Functions that are in us we can get a clearer picture of not only what those Functions are but of the connections each of the Planets have to the Signs and Houses.
OWU47ETAY8VMq4jABTwVA8vAjcQcOZEJK0CuNiEU+wvBrLFK4gNpE6nBuEYdw8UeQfE2IIyQB2JIx7liGXzCnEEdjtdkE8mSLkxAWCEUjYWKkLYSNQxCm0Yns+MTXEGpPVzEYhEQADs=
FCircle+Signs+Behave+Q.gif
FCircle+Signs+Behave+Q.gif

Quadrant 1 (Ari,Tau,Gem) is about Intuition and the needs of the Self, all can be said to be part of the Asc. I see Aires having the Core of the Earth as it's symbol, Taurus the Crust and Gemini the Atmosphere. The pattern continues with Quadrant 2, the Moon circling the Earth, offering Protection and Nurturing to her (us). The Sun, bigger then all the planets, providing "life" to it's loyal subjects, playing roles in us to fit what mood we are in. And the last of the Self Planets comes Mercury, associated with Virgo, working in us to bring reason and quality to the whims of our Sun Sign and the rest of the Self.

The upper Planets start with Venus (Libra) and Mars (Scorpio), both of which must deal with our Relationships with others and groups. Optimistic Jupiter (Sag) finishes off this Quadrant bringing about a sense of all-is-well with our Being.

I believe we don't know how the rest of the Planets work in us, we are not ready for them and as far as the first 2 quadrants of the wheel, we don't have a clear enough understanding of them yet either, mainly because we don't use the Psychology that this pattern of planets affords.This Pattern helps us to more clearly see how the Psychological Functions are a part of the whole in us, and how it all works together.

Our3minds

Last edited: