Venus In Capricorn

Polo

Hmm. Venus in Capricorn can be cold, but in private or with the right person, they can be the opposite. Maybe this placement needs some water to bring out emotion.

windwispers

froggy,
i am in a similar situation as you've described. people percieve me as stoic and somewhat placid, but i'm not. i have a libra ascendant with venus and saturn in capricorn square it (how does venus squaring a libran ascendant play out... that is one i've never been able to figure out.) but on good days i have an attractive quality (not in terms of physical attractiveness per say, but more like i draw more attention, people feel as if i am interested/ hiding smething).... this is probably due to my pluto in scorpio, 1st house.

can anyone share any insight as to what a venus in capricorn squaring a libran ascendant might mean?

Whitney

woolgatherer said:
I've read that Venus in Capricorn can be attracted to "moody loners", hah. I wonder if that's true for anyone here?

Yeah, I wouldn't call my boyfriend constantly moody, but he is quite a loner and he's about 7 years older than I am. It's a fantastic time. I have Venus in Capricorn and these ring true for me. Authority, older men (but not so old that they can be my grandpa), people who know the ropes to just about everything. It is incredibly sexy.

Frank

The experience of Venus in Capricorn will depend on the exact placement, dispositor condition, and aspects.

Take a look at the position and dignity of Saturn for clues.

In a Diurnal chart, Venus in Capricorn has Essential Dignity by Triplicity and she also has Dignity in the first 6 degrees of Capricorn by Term. Thus, Venus can express her nature comfortably with no help in those places.

Elsewhere, she is Peregrine and one must look to in-mundo postion, aspects, reception, and dispositor relationships for a better picture.

Frank

By the way, my natal Venus is in Capricorn and Peregrine - but it is also conjunct Mars in Capricorn (Exalted), in the 1st House, and Saturn is also in Capricorn (in Domocile) conjunct the ascendant and widely conjunct the Venus/Mars.

DevilshAngel

I'm quite confused about how my Venus in cap relates to me. I am serious when I comes to love. But I don't recall ever having a thing for older men, not passionate? I have Scorpio in my moon so well enough said :D I see parts of it in me but not mostly. Maybe because cap is very different than aqua, sag and scorpio. Which are my sun, rising and moon. Aspects are moon sextile, conjunct mars, conjunct saturn, conjunct neptune, and sextile pluto.

Golden

In my experiences cappies are very careful and cautious. but most of all loyal. one thing about cappy venus, you are going to have to pull your own weight no matter how much money your cappy is making. its half and half no matter what.
venus cappies just get better with time, and more attractive. so if you have the patience and want a loyal partner who works hard stick with capricorn.

jupiter0812

I have 5 planets in capricorn and saturn in a 1°conjunction with my venus ... i cant say i am very cold.. but picky am I! I go for guys.. usually older yes who have found their path.. their way.. not nessesserely like buisness rich guys.. Often guys who study music and even really emotional once.. but always a person who is not confused about himself. Knows what he wants. And often they are succsesful in what they are doing. What ever that is. Show a signal of strenght, mental and physical. And NOT too serious.. they have to have a sense of humour.. especially for them selves..

Often is said cap venus people don't have high standards... oh hell no.. i disagree ! Their physical appearance is very important to me, i have to take a lot of time to value each detail of him before i like ..'surrender' .. myself and give him all of me. Assume he is worthy of my trust.. and i am ready to give all in.. i don't think at all that it is because we are unemotional, i think it is because we are tooo emotional, it takes more time to come to the surface with our feelings because they are so many underneath..

we just dont take chances picking our spouse.. thats why they are often older... more experienced...we take this matter seriously .. our bounding with another person.. thats why we have our friends for such a long time also, because we want ' the real thing'

i actually have some pluto aspects to my venus mars and saturn so that might influence the intensity of my planets..

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all,

I just seen this thread and thought I'd post an advert...:)biggrin:)

Venus in Pisces Male interested in Venus in Capricorn partner. I have
Saturn ruling the 7th, and exactly trine Sun, so seeking and offering lifetime
fidelity, stability and commitment in partnership :)w00t:).

Extras to boost application: Mars in 11th Gemini (exciting in conversation and
many SPECIAL deparments), Aries Jupiter in 10th (for growing old adventurously,
and maintaining foresight and good reputation) Venus and Mercury in 9th of
Pisces (for exploring the various palaces of the mind, in the most exciting way
possible, thus paving the way for exciting conversation, anytime). :tongue:
:biggrin::w00t::tongue:

Last edited:

tanamarios

Hi all,

I just seen this thread and thought I'd post an advert...:)biggrin:)

Venus in Pisces Male interested in Venus in Capricorn partner. I have
Saturn ruling the 7th, and exactly trine Sun, so seeking and offering lifetime
fidelity, stability and commitment in partnership :)w00t:).

Extras to boost application: Mars in 11th Gemini (exciting in conversation and
many SPECIAL deparments), Aries Jupiter in 10th (for growing old adventurously,
and maintaining foresight and good reputation) Venus and Mercury in 9th of
Pisces (for exploring the various palaces of the mind, in the most exciting way
possible, thus paving the way for exciting conversation, anytime). :tongue:
:biggrin::w00t::tongue:

a good way of advertising yourself hehehe ... :biggrin:

vannasan

This is an interesting discussion. I have venus in Cap as well, and finding love is so hard for me. I feel as if I have too high standards; but then I also feel that if I drop my standards I won't be happy with what I get (trust me I've done it before and was too miserable).
Like most people have said, I do get attracted to older men but it's younger guys that get attracted to me. I look younger than I am (I also have Cap sun/ rising) so a lot of people still think I'm in my late teens :happy:. And I also like authority in men, men who can teach me much more than I already know. I'll tell you, if I meet a guy that's too emotional or seems to be weak (like I or anyone else can crush him) - though I would never do that- then he really doesn't stand a chance. :devil:

As for love, I don't get attracted to very many people and I cannot do anything with someone (much less marry them) if I am not 100% sure of the love there. I do agree that venus in Cap can be very loyal; also agree that when in relationships, I act like a teenager and give my all to that person.
So I do see the influence of Venus in Cap... but I have a question. Being new to astrology, I've often seen people say that if another planet is within 2-degrees of your sun the planet is combust.
My venus is 1-degree away from my Sun, does this mean my venus is combust, what would that mean for me anyways?

GitanaThirteen

Well, friends, I have recently connected with a Venus in Cap man (amen about the bone structure, lawd have mercy)---he seems to be a OneWomanMan, and his last relationship was quite serious and lovely (it seems). He is an Aquarius sun (they won't go away, being I am a Gem), with a Libra rising and a Virgo Moon. I am a Gem sun, Libra Rising, Cancer Moon. We have an incredible amount of humor and intelligence between us, but I know I can be fickle, dramatic and insane. My hope is that he isn't totally scared of this. I am going to try to harness my Cancerian Moon for some dignity and mystery, but I also have Venus in Gemini ahahha. Oh, man. WE shall see. So far, he's shown nothing but major respect, seems like a MAN as opposed to a boy, and loves his work incredibly. I, on the other hand, am always looking for some kind of adrenaline rush or spiritual and deep convo--so, i'm interested to see how this plays out. His Libra Asc and Aqua sun make him very social, but not as charismatic as what I really dig. But that's more than ok, b/c I am so exhausted of 'charisma' masking 'jerkoff-ish-ness' and "addiction", you know?

any thoughts?
it was crazy to think he was into me b/c his ex is SO well known and ambitious. i feel like the opposite of that...a social floater with a million dreams. *sigh* the ups and downs of too much mutable air...

in any case, i found out benjamin bratt, brad pitt and justin timberlake all have their venus in cap!! hubbahubba! makes perfect sense. can we saaayy smoldering?

PS: this venus in cap man im discussing is very affectionate, very sensual and definitely intrigued. i mean come on im a gem with a libra rising who wouldn't be fascinated? hahaha!! *kidding* (sorta):w00t:

Saturnian

I have Capricorn in Venus as well.
Of course my Venus is aspecting a lot of other planets so maybe I have a bit of a different point of view,I don't know.

Yes,love is a serious matter and if I don't want it to be love it won't be.I've noticed that I cannot be in love if I don't want simply cause I am holding back a lot.
Yeah,I am usually attracted to older partners around 4-5 years older though,nothing too dramatic.Mostly because I can learn so much from them.I have an idealized view of love and that is also learning from each other,somewhere in my chart says that I am looking for a "mentor" and it is true that I am attracted towards knowledgable people.I also like being around powerful and independent people,it's because I admire them and I can look up to them.Maybe I am setting the right role-models for me.When I say powerful,I mean someone who can use his on power to stand up on his two legs.Don't like dependant people and would never like to see such a trait in my self.
On the other hand,I want someone sensitve and artistic.I am not expecting someone of high statuts or anything,or with a wow job.If he is enjoying his simple job I will be more than happy.I don't expect him to pamper me financially.If I want money I can work for it and gain,don't need anyone to provide me such a thing when I pretty much can myself.I know I am gonna have a hard time to find the partner for a life but I will look for it.Despite my easy going nature and flexibility I need something specific in matters of relationships,understanding people are quite my type and I am not saying just understanding towards my needs but the rest of the world's.
Also another significant point in me,I have to feel a connection.If I don't I can't give it a chance.
In all honesty I am jealous but I can give lots of space since I need too for my own interests and friends.Also in my opinion security in relationships comes from you at first and then your partner.If you don't trust yourself then there's no way that you will ever be happy with your partners faith,you'll always want more cause subconsciously you need a lot to cover your lack of faith in yourself.So as a gift to my unknown partner I'll make sure I try my best to become a whole person,so I can contribute to the relationship by not causing trust and security issues.That from my side.

I hope I didn't go off topic that much.Just said my opinion on about love as a Venus Capricorn.
Venus conjunct Sun
Venus sextile Moon
Venus conjunct Mercury
Venus conjunct Mars
Venus sextile Jupiter
Venus conjunct Uranus
Venus conjunct Neptune

iSelf

Note what Frank said. Venus in Capricorn is peregrine, but you do have to analyze the context of the chart itself.

Place Venus in the 1st house, and even if it's peregrine, it will be highly infuential, and can give a ''mature sensuality'' aura to that person.

Reminds me of a person who had Mars in Virgo in the 1st house, a very strong person (physically), with a big knack for the army. And it was disposed by Merc in Sag, just so you know.

It's very hard to consider placements without the rest of the chart, the only idea you can have is very vague. But in general, it tends to give a certain coldness to the person.
Also, there's a detail in Astrology that you have to notice. Considering Moon in Capricorn, if there is no planet in Cancer opposing, the Moon gains Cancerish characteristics. There is a opposite dynamic that you have to take into account. Moon in Capricorn is actually extremely sensitive, but pulling that out requires extra work. Also, it has to be a constantly reassured relationship, and do not ever, EVER take one for granted. That'll be the end. But still, don't think that a Moon in Capricorn has no emotions. It's just a more ''work'' approach of things. (but if you work, you'll be very well rewarded)

Also, Venus in Aquarius is well placed, it's in harmony (3rd best placement after Domicile, and Exaltation) :p (not, it's not personal bias!)

jupiterianguru

No actually Venus in Libra is the worst placement of all, depends on the rest of the Chart venus in Capricorn may be ok, but I like independent outgoing people who are fun to be around and value freedom to be yourself as Saturn represents "perfection" and going beyond limitations slowly a cap Venus could conceivably have all those traits like Aquarius (traditionally ruled by Saturn) Venus. Venus in Libra is all hung up on social graces and superficial and wants to "please" everyone so eaisly offended by everything. Also Venus in Libra is super powerful I notice and tends to dominate the chart if nothing else offsets it. EEW I just want to be myself I can see how some people would like them but not for me.

Last edited:

Bunraku

I have a question about the terms. First 6 in cap are of Venus. Does that mean the rest of the 6 degrees or the cutoff is exactly 6 degrees? say anything more than 6, say 6 degrees and 2 minutes, does that count?

ThunderGoddess

I have a question about the terms. First 6 in cap are of Venus. Does that mean the rest of the 6 degrees or the cutoff is exactly 6 degrees? say anything more than 6, say 6 degrees and 2 minutes, does that count?

The first six degrees in this case are from 00*00' Cap to 5*59' Cap. So yeah, 6*02' would be the next term, which is ruled by Mercury (According to Ptolemey)