Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-26-2017, 12:51 PM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 3,748
Question Strongest signs

In the zodiac, there are 3 levels of strength, energy and power. The middle stage: Pisces, Aries and Taurus. The lower tier: Cancer, Leo and Virgo. And the strongest level: Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn. In between levels are equal wavelength (air signs): Gemini, Libra and Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign - and my sign group doesn't like to put signs below or above us (or anyone else), an egalitarian genderfluid neutral sign ruled by Uranus.

Signs with the most physical strength, amount of anger or emotions, and what can be construed as "masculine" (destructive) and "feminine" (creative) forces. Aries, virgo and Scorpio fits the bill on cosmic or universal "alpha and omega", esp Aries is sex (ruled by Mars), virgo is birth (the first age of the procession now going to Aquarius) and scorpio is death (Pluto is the ultimate malefic planet). Pisces=psychic powers, Leo=emotional intelligence, and Capricorn=planning and "weeding" - yet not too strong. And "somewhat stronger, but not weak" Taurus is prone to anger while ruled by Venus (so is Libra), Cancer nurtures while the Moon is feminine and maternal, and pretty strong Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter is spiritual guidance and leadership.

And what about the air signs? Gemini is great in athletic ability and business management. Aquarius is about scientific advancement and political reform. And not sure what to call Libra, they are the scales - about the balance of yin and yang - middle point of the astrological calendar year. If Scorpio is the "strongest" vs. Leo "weakest", btw, are fixed signs, where does exactly the bull Taurus stand? Scorpio's opposite. And yes, my Aquarius is a fixed sign.

__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Animatrix Animatrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In the Neptunian depths.
Posts: 547
Re: Strongest signs

Interesting. I believe that Aries and Taurus are the strongest, most masculine, courageous signs of all.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11-26-2017, 08:17 PM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 3,748
Post Re: Strongest signs

Masculine or positive energy signs: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.

Feminine or negative: Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.

Signs of Life and birth (and your mother): Cancer (the Moon) and Virgo (Mercury).

Signs of decay and death (and your grandparents): Scorpio (Pluto and Mars) and Capricorn (saturn).

Although the parts of pregnancy and childbirth is 22' Cancer and 8' Scorpio (also the part of your mother).

And the parts of mortality are 8' Virgo and 22' Capricorn (also the part of your father).

Now for sign of reincarnation (previous life), or your parents' lives: Taurus (Venus).

and sign of being a spirit in the afterlife...or to be reincarnated, your next life: Pisces (Neptune).

In my natal chart, Chiron in Taurus-11th and Mercury in pisces-9th.

The signs of fatherly figures (fire signs): Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.

Before Aries (Mars) is Pisces (Jupiter), Leo (Sun) and after Sagittarius (Jupiter) is Capricorn (Saturn) - they represent your father.

And signs of family influences (air signs): Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.

Note 3rd house under Gemini (Mercury) is about family and neighborhood, 7th under Libra (Venus) is about community and social group, and 11th under Aquarius (Uranus) about friends and the world around you.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 11-27-2017, 03:52 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatrix View Post
Interesting. I believe that Aries and Taurus are the strongest, most masculine, courageous signs of all.
Taurus, is ruled by Venus and is a Yin sign. Not Yang.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (11-28-2017)
  #5  
Unread 11-27-2017, 05:30 AM
urano urano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Re: Strongest signs

I would be tempted to say Aries and Scorpio because both are Signs where Mars (energy, courage) is in rulership.

Aries is a Cardinal Sign, action goes quick and strong!
Scorpio is a Fixed Sign, very persistant.

Leo (Fixed Sign) with the Sun in rulership is a strong sign.

Actually Common Signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) could be weaker Signs, but Cardinal and Fixed are said strong, especially Cardinal.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to urano For This Useful Post:
katydid (11-27-2017)
  #6  
Unread 11-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Animatrix Animatrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In the Neptunian depths.
Posts: 547
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Taurus, is ruled by Venus and is a Yin sign. Not Yang.
Maybe not masculine then but the Taurus people I have known have been exceptionally strong, stubborn, fixed and calm.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 11-27-2017, 10:09 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatrix View Post
Maybe not masculine then but the Taurus people I have known have been exceptionally strong, stubborn, fixed and calm.
Calmness is a sign of strength and certainly a hallmark of Venus. Stubbornness not so much. Fixed is a quality shared by four zodiac signs. Strength can come through a good Saturn, healthy Sun and Moon, a healthy Mars, and healthy Asc. It all depends on what kind of strength one is looking for.


To anyone really looking to pursue astrology, even if as a hobby, and looking to grow in the subject, I strongly, strongly suggest that one picks up Christian Astrology by William Lilly, also available online and read through it A to Z. One can still practise Modern Astrology, but Christian Astrology will at least give you a strong foundation, which is the Alpha and Omega of any subject one studies in life.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Animatrix Animatrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In the Neptunian depths.
Posts: 547
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Calmness is a sign of strength and certainly a hallmark of Venus. Stubbornness not so much. Fixed is a quality shared by four zodiac signs. Strength can come through a good Saturn, healthy Sun and Moon, a healthy Mars, and healthy Asc. It all depends on what kind of strength one is looking for.


To anyone really looking to pursue astrology, even if as a hobby, and looking to grow in the subject, I strongly, strongly suggest that one picks up Christian Astrology by William Lilly, also available online and read through it A to Z. One can still practise Modern Astrology, but Christian Astrology will at least give you a strong foundation, which is the Alpha and Omega of any subject one studies in life.
My old boss was typical Taurus. Strong, robust and had a very steady "stand". He looked really immovable, like a bull. He had a very pleasant voice and was the best speaker I have met RL. He was also an old soldier and heard many stories about him, good, nice and strong Taurus. He loved to eat also, always ate much when it was lunch.

I shall read Christian astrology, because I like it from a religious-moral standpoint. I have understood that the stars play bad for us only when we commit sins or live out of tune with the universe, and that everything works for good when we live according to the law. That is my experience and seriously I believe it not to be an illusion.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 11-28-2017, 04:41 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 16,967
Re: Strongest signs

CapAquaPisces, I've not heard of your system. What is its source?

Normally I wouldn't think of a sign being strong on its own. I think a planet can be strong but I'm not so sure about a sign. A sign qualifies or describes how a planet operates. The planet is the actor.

However, you might think of signs as being cardinal, fixed, or mutable.

cardinal signs: Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn (initiative-takers)

fixed signs: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius ("stay the course")

mutable signs: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces (adaptable)
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 11-28-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 11-28-2017, 06:32 AM
urano urano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Re: Strongest signs

Indeed, Planets are the main actors, Signs are "lands" with different qualities or properties.

I think there is a classification concerning Signs with regard to physical appearance. Some Signs (on the AS) are said to bring a strong constitution for example, possibly the "bestial Signs" but I'm not sure, it's to check.

It depends on what is termed "strong". We can have a strong mind and a weak physical constitution, and vice versa!

Last edited by urano; 11-28-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to urano For This Useful Post:
waybread (11-28-2017)
  #11  
Unread 11-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Strongest signs

I find Sagittarius and Aries the strongest. Not sure where Leo fits in.

Weakest would have to be Pisces.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 11-29-2017, 01:41 AM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,871
Re: Strongest signs

Fixed signs are the strongest; holding the line; deeply rooted.
Cardinal are the strongest going forward, fastest off the line, but with less staying power than fixed.
Mutable/common signs are the most adaptive but the least directed or grounded.
I put my money on Taurus/Scorpio for sheer strength. Leo is also very, very strong.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 11-29-2017, 10:11 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
...I put my money on Taurus/Scorpio for sheer strength. Leo is also very, very strong.
Very, very strong in what way? In holding the line? Which also means they hold on to issues like anger, stubbornness, jealousies, manipulation, bitterness the strongest and longest. Is that strength?
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (12-01-2017)
  #14  
Unread 11-29-2017, 11:51 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Very, very strong in what way? In holding the line? Which also means they hold on to issues like anger, stubbornness, jealousies, manipulation, bitterness the strongest and longest. Is that strength?
I'd have to agree with you aquarius.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (12-01-2017)
  #15  
Unread 12-01-2017, 07:10 PM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 3,748
Lightbulb Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
CapAquaPisces, I've not heard of your system. What is its source?

Normally I wouldn't think of a sign being strong on its own. I think a planet can be strong but I'm not so sure about a sign. A sign qualifies or describes how a planet operates. The planet is the actor.

However, you might think of signs as being cardinal, fixed, or mutable.

cardinal signs: Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn (initiative-takers)

fixed signs: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius ("stay the course")

mutable signs: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces (adaptable)
Yeah, the c/f/m system works best. Then the elements: fire, earth, air and water. There the 4 seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter (in the northern hemisphere). And finally, the 3 stages: Early, Middle and Late.

My sign is masculine, fixed, air, winter and Late. An Aquarius sun (and moon) combination. And Aquarius, Pisces, Gemini, Cancer, Libra and Scorpio are said to be psychic/ spiritual/ the soul, as well the signs of the mind/ psyche/ universe being Capricorn, Aquarius, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo and Libra.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-01-2017, 08:08 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
...My sign is masculine, fixed, air, winter and Late. An Aquarius sun (and moon) combination. And Aquarius, Pisces, Gemini, Cancer, Libra and Scorpio are said to be psychic/ spiritual/ the soul, as well the signs of the mind/ psyche/ universe being Capricorn, Aquarius, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo and Libra.
Can you please explain how Saturn and Mars ruled signs can be "psychic"?

Thanks
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-01-2017, 08:32 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

"Strongest signs" - the problem lies in the fact - how do we understand "strongest"?

Signs that are psychic? Or is strength defined by compassion? Or is being assertive and warrior like seen as being strong? Are masculine signs stronger than feminine signs per se? Are we talking about physical strength or emotional strength? I could go on and on with examples. Is a sign stronger if it rules an angular house? Are fixed signs strongest because they hold on to feelings/ other characteristics? You see how broad the spectrum is. However, "strongest" is a superlative, so you cannot have so many strong signs especially when there are only 12 of them.

Here is how I criteria-rise strength. But before I launch, please bear in mind that I am talking about signs, NOT people with those sun signs.

Libra is strongest when it comes to relating to people because of Venus ruling it.
Gemini is strongest in communicating with others because Mercury is all about communication and thinking.
Virgo is strongest when it comes to practical details or the fine print because that is also part of Mercury.

So, basically, each sign is the strongest in the quality its planetary ruler and its element (earth, water, fire, air) stand for.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-01-2017, 08:54 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,871
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Very, very strong in what way? In holding the line? Which also means they hold on to issues like anger, stubbornness, jealousies, manipulation, bitterness the strongest and longest. Is that strength?
Yes, you are correct. The strength is for better and worse, so it could be holding on to anger, stubbornness and also their opposites, and really everything in between, as that is the nature of fixity in this context.
The strength, the tenacity, I think, is blind. I was thinking of it as pure strength without any values attached. I was thinking, metaphorically, that it is the degree to which a muscle can flex. Fixed signs by that definition have the greatest sheer strength.

Good conversation. Thank all of you.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-01-2017, 08:57 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Yes, you are correct. The strength is for better and worse, so it could be holding on to anger, stubbornness and also their opposites, and really everything in between, as that is the nature of fixity in this context.
The strength, the tenacity, I think, is blind. I was thinking of it as pure strength without any values attached. I was thinking, metaphorically, that it is the degree to which a muscle can flex. Fixed signs by that definition have the greatest sheer strength.
I understand what you are saying. Then again, to relax/contract and again stretch a muscle, fixed signs could have the maximum problems because they are fixed in nature, whilst mutable might be able to adapt (to un-metaphorise it) themselves the best.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-01-2017, 09:17 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,871
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
I understand what you are saying. Then again, to relax/contract and again stretch a muscle, fixed signs could have the maximum problems because they are fixed in nature, whilst mutable might be able to adapt (to un-metaphorise it) themselves the best.
So true about problems with too much fixed. Also, there can be problems different in nature, but to the same degree, with too much mutable.

Ideally we want cardinal, fixed acting cooperatively and skillfully so we can start, sustain and let go as needed.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 12-01-2017, 10:29 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
So true about problems with too much fixed. Also, there can be problems different in nature, but to the same degree, with too much mutable.

Ideally we want cardinal, fixed acting cooperatively and skillfully so we can start, sustain and let go as needed.
I wasn't trying to say that mutable are stronger than fixed. I was only showing that fixed is not necessarily a sign of strength - depending on the situation. In the same breath, mutable also cannot be the strongest. And, in the same breath can cardinal also not be the strongest because the cardinal quality is known mainly for taking action, for initiating things. However, alone that quality also does not make Aries or Capricorn the strongest. Because that would reduce the definition of strongest here to initiating things. If that is what the title of this thread was implying, then certainly the cardinal signs are the strongest.

I really think that the most sensible way to look at this is that each sign is strongest at what it does best - in a 'pure' (or to use your adverb/ "sheer") way - without considering the influence of other constellations and placements in the chart.

So the sign of Libra will be strongest at balancing things and relating to people.
Cancer, because of the Moon, will be able to express its emotions the best and nurture the best. To some that is strength.

And so on...
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 12-01-2017, 10:55 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,871
Re: Strongest signs

I do suppose it all depends, as member mentioned earlier in this thread, on how one defines strength.
By your definition, I certainly agree with all you say.
Thank you for the discourse.
Warm regards,
Ilene
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (12-01-2017)
  #23  
Unread 12-02-2017, 07:00 PM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 3,748
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Can you please explain how Saturn and Mars ruled signs can be "psychic"?

Thanks
They are also ruled by Pluto (esp Scorpio, also Aries) and Uranus (Aquarius, then Capricorn). Uranus is exalted in Scorpio and Pluto is exalted in Capricorn. And the Sun exalted in Aquarius, but also in Aries.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 12-03-2017, 02:16 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
They are also ruled by Pluto (esp Scorpio, also Aries) and Uranus (Aquarius, then Capricorn). Uranus is exalted in Scorpio and Pluto is exalted in Capricorn. And the Sun exalted in Aquarius, but also in Aries.
Please, CapAquaPis, I can understand that you are a modern astrologer, but modern Astrology has no concept of "exaltations". I am not sure you really understand the word even. How can the Sun be exalted in Aquarius? You do understand that when a planet that rules a sign, Sun rules Leo, it is always in detriment in the opposite sign, so Sun is in detriment in Aquarius.

Perhaps being a modern astrologer, to some, means that follow absolutely no rules and also no logic at all? I am not trying to offend anyone here, but it is sad to see how people just pick up a planet and forcefully (or rather conveniently) fit is somewhere without much logic or justification. Just sad because this is hardly astrology even anymore.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 12-03-2017, 04:02 AM
love-thinking love-thinking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 606
Re: Strongest signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
In the zodiac, there are 3 levels of strength, energy and power. The middle stage: Pisces, Aries and Taurus. The lower tier: Cancer, Leo and Virgo. And the strongest level: Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn. In between levels are equal wavelength (air signs): Gemini, Libra and Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign - and my sign group doesn't like to put signs below or above us (or anyone else), an egalitarian genderfluid neutral sign ruled by Uranus.

Signs with the most physical strength, amount of anger or emotions, and what can be construed as "masculine" (destructive) and "feminine" (creative) forces. Aries, virgo and Scorpio fits the bill on cosmic or universal "alpha and omega", esp Aries is sex (ruled by Mars), virgo is birth (the first age of the procession now going to Aquarius) and scorpio is death (Pluto is the ultimate malefic planet). Pisces=psychic powers, Leo=emotional intelligence, and Capricorn=planning and "weeding" - yet not too strong. And "somewhat stronger, but not weak" Taurus is prone to anger while ruled by Venus (so is Libra), Cancer nurtures while the Moon is feminine and maternal, and pretty strong Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter is spiritual guidance and leadership.

And what about the air signs? Gemini is great in athletic ability and business management. Aquarius is about scientific advancement and political reform. And not sure what to call Libra, they are the scales - about the balance of yin and yang - middle point of the astrological calendar year. If Scorpio is the "strongest" vs. Leo "weakest", btw, are fixed signs, where does exactly the bull Taurus stand? Scorpio's opposite. And yes, my Aquarius is a fixed sign.

Fixed signs and fire signs. I would say the four strongest signs are Leo, Scorpio, Taurus, and Aries.

Leos are the lion kings of the zodiac which are at the or one of the top of the animal hierarchy in the jungle. If leos are bad people, they are extremely intimidating. This is anecdotal evidence but I have seen leos making people extremely uneasy and afraid. They are a fire sign and as such, they can be very angry but they are also very prideful, selfish and overconfident. Their overconfidence if it is expressed through manipulative means can make anybody do or believe whatever it is that they want.

Scorpio is the only sign I have ever seen that can match up or compete with a leo. This is because a scorpios psychological insights can push leos over the edge and destabalize them. I have noticed that scorpios if they don't do anything radical like beat up their spouse, they get more respect than anybody else in the zodiac. People really like them. However, scorpios tend to be outshined and outled by leos and usually they don't really care for the spotlight so they willingly accept this.

Tauruses are very emotionally strong. They can go through a lot of pain but they're very loyal, have a lot of patience and are willing to stick till the end. They are like a rock, and they'll be a foundation for you to fall back on. They're very protective over friends and family members and will be there for you and check up on you from time to time. I've seen tauruses have the patience to work very very hard; juggling a job, long hours of study, no free time and still not being agitated. However, if you ever prove to be "full of ****," they will stubbornly cut you out after making you witness their bout of anger. They are good at the silent treatment. But they'll forgive you if they think you're not a malicious person.

Taurus and scorpio are similar. Tauruses are just more simple and practical than the scorpio and will not infect you with psychological BS.

Aries is strong because they possess ambition, physical strength and vitality. They are also a cardinal sign which makes them have the ability to create and achieve things that the fixed signs don't always posses. But usually I would define fixedness as stronger because of the radical nature of where they are standing. They're very passionate about where they stand.

But I would say in terms of strength.

1. Scorpio (the ruthless warrior seeking revenge that has nothing to lose)
2. Leo (the King)
3. Taurus (Farmer that protects family. Paesant but family comes first and will do anything and everything to protect loved ones. I chose taurus because his sense of protectiveness is not materially or ego-based. They are the providers of their family, of their herd. )
4. Aries (Knight)
5. Aquarius (The vissionary, hacker teen, can overthrow system with intelligence, they can be arguably the strongest. However they have little to no effect if no revolution is needed.)
6. Capricorn (Hardworking manager father)
7. Sagitarius (The traveller, fire sign but also inambitious mutable sign that hates responsibilities and hates getting down and dirty)
8. Cancer (The mother, housewife but still a cardinal sign making it ambitious and they also have emotional power)
9. Libra (The lawyer, diplomat, will fight for justice but way too a part of the system, too indecisive, too pleasing to fight)
10. Gemini (the child)
11. Virgo (critic that is very swayed by the patterns of the system, often lacking a personality of its own. So will rarely affect the system)
12. Pisces (old wise man, passifist, escapist, drug addict) This can also belong with number nine with libra or even number 6, if it is a passifist fighting for a cause. However, very often because they have way too much empathy and have an easier time opting out of reality(through drugs and imagination) they usually don't fight people. Also since they are a water and mutable sign, they can merge with other people's feelings and perceptions because they are way too empathetic. That is why they are also very easy to manipulate.

However, pisces is also the least likely sign to pick the wrong side but will bear pain projected on to them.
However, pisces is the wisest of all the signs and probably will escape the physical world much sooner than any of us will.

Also, I define strength in the terms of how much you can affect and influence people, how ruthless and individualistic you are, how sure you are of yourself.

Last edited by love-thinking; 12-03-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
signs, strongest

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.