What do you learn from Chiron?

Starmiss

I seldom focus on the place of Chiron in my chart. What is Chiron for? It is said that Chiron stand for the awakening the sense of individuality. And Chiron may help us to find the way of healing.

PromisedLand

I would love to hear any information as well.

I've read into him some as he is seemingly a small less significant body but he does much more than he gets credit for.

From what I recall him and Sagittarius were one in the same once. Chiron became an immortal being but as it goes he was hit with an arrow. He couldn't bear the pain so Saturn healed him so to speak, by allowing Sagittarius to live forever (in the stars) while Chiron transformed into a great healer. His purpose is to rid the world of suffering because he didn't want to see another suffer as he did.

In our natal charts chirons power isnt used and often overlooked. Its energy comes out when it is in close conjunct with another celestial body, specifically a major one.

The body's he is around tends to br greatly effected by this healing energy so it would be expressed through that planet.

Retrograde chiron tends to be more intense and the native seems to have a need to draw pain to where its placement is.

Others often take advantage of people with strong chiron energy because they are lacking it in their own chart and they know chiron doesn't mind.

It can be very harmful to the native if they aren't aware of his influence as he tends to take as much suffering as he can.

I can see where the awakening individuality comes into play though.
We can't solve the worlds problems and need to balance that energy between helping others, yes but at the same time we have to look out for put best interest first and foremost.

waybread

Chiron deals with hurts, whether emotional or physical, that do not heal. But it also shows where, if we stay open to our experiences, we can gain in wisdom and compassion.

twistandshout

Chiron is... A thorn in my side :lol: I've been getting to know it very very very closely over the last year since I have had several heavily stressed aspects being made to it in my chart, as well as the transiting Chiron applying stressful aspects to several planets in my natal, including a square to my Chiron. Needless to say if I have a day where I spend it crying a great deal, I can almost guarantee that if I look back, Chiron will be involved.

I see Chiron as being the deepest wound you have. It's one you may have thought you've moved on and dealt with but with a Chiron transit, you may realize fairly quickly that there are some things that still haven't personally been resolved for you to genuinely heal and move on. It's why it's associated with compassion, and individuality. As you heal and tend to it, you get a better understanding of the kinds of pains that life has to offer, deepening the empathy you have available to other people. It also helps mold you to get a much deeper and greater understanding of yourself through the strife that you have endured and how its shaped you into the individual you are today.

It's honestly disappointing to see how people don't take more time to pay attention to it as I think it can be quite insightful.

I have Chiron in Cancer 5th house.

I had a rough upbringing and the house was almost my prison, parents would not allow us out to play, mum especially.

Went into foster care at 12 years old so that helped a lot and i did go out but it obvious set me back a lot especially socially, but now i have zero issues with being sociable etc.

I do agree with the description though.

I am Cancer sun and Jupiter in 5th house too.

I have no fears of being able to raise my own children and am 110% confident in myself, this actually is more thanks to my Scorpio i was with, she said i would make a great father 1 day and that hit me rather deep.

Natal Chiron in the 5th house of a natal chart indicates some emotional wounds connected with how much the native played as a child. The fifth house rules recreational activities and fun; thus its presence here shows unresolved traumas related to the house’s matters. Chiron in the fifth house can also signify an early disappointment in the native’s love life, a broken heart from a childhood crush.

Generally, asteroid Chiron is responsible for traumas and their healing; thus the house where it is placed is a rather sensitive area of the native’s life. In case that the asteroid is negatively aspected, especially by Mars, Saturn or Pluto, the native may have experienced quite a lot of suffering. On the other hand, a well-aspected Chiron indicates abilities of healing other people in the respective life area, as the native has learnt quite a lot from his own experiences.

Chiron in the house of creative self-expression may make the person shy to party. This placement can frequently give tendencies to sit in the corner and look at others having fun, instead of becoming the heart of the company. This behavior can trace back to childhood parties or playtime, when the individual was feeling quite alienated by the other children and not invited to participate in the activity even if he yearned for it.

In addition, the native may have experienced difficulties in love during his young years. He may have been rejected by his childhood sweetheart, or even never expressed his affection towards that person. Such a rejection can influence his adult life, making him feel insecure about expressing feelings. Indeed, a fifth house Chiron individual may frequently feel as a child when falling in love, unable to think clearly and find the courage to approach the desired person. His sexual energy may have awakened rather early, definitely earlier than the other kids around him. The lack of stereotypes to follow makes the child confused, as it is difficult to dive into subjects such as love and sexuality when even your desired partner is not mature enough to be aware of them.

The 5th house is also ruling children, and Chiron’s placement can create some complications concerning this matter. The planet definitely creates a desire to have a child, yet can make the native very anxious about his ability to handle and grow it. The asteroid can give great relations with children in general; on the other hand there are native bears huge doubts about whether he will be a good parent himself. Another fear it can create is the phobia of not being able to have children, or a general worry about how to treat them. As a result, such a native is prone to be a rather strict parent and generally give love in a wrong way. His worries about the child’s future can make their relationship rather complicated.

In case you have this placement, it will be a pity to allow your oversensitivity poison your relations with your offspring. Actually, you may not even notice some difficult traits you will have as a parent, and the reason behind that is that you are perfect in consulting other people about how to grow their children. Yet, you do not follow your own advice, allowing deeper instincts of fears to take control. Observe yourself consciously and try to end any vicious cycles of traumas that Chiron has passed to you.

This natal placement is quite good for people who work with children, no matter if they are teachers, sports trainers or child psychologists. Chiron may gift them with great abilities of healing young individuals, and empower their dreams. Having experienced disappointments himself, he knows how to aid youngsters in order to not get disappointed by the same issues.

In addition, a fifth house Chiron person may be an expert in romance advice. Even if his own life does not correspond to the advice he gives, he can offer very helpful tips about love. Usually, such people do not become psychologists for couples but just support their friends and acquaintances with coaching about love affairs.

If you have this placement, we strongly advise you to examine the natal aspects of Chiron so that you understand the whole big picture. Sometimes, by strengthening the planets that trine or sextile Chiron you can indirectly heal yourself, without having to dedicate a lot of time and effort in researching your childhood years with the aid of a professional.

Last edited:

Alzander

My Chiron is retrograde Libra.

The following is what's said about this position:

'Chiron in Libra suggests a relationship that needs to be healed, or maybe they got hurt or rejected in a relationship. Learning to ground themselves may help them deal with their sensitivity. They may get caught up in a codependent relationship or be abused. They may feel that every relationship they have goes wrong. By learning that they are whole on their own can come as a great relief. They create more balance by learning this lesson. Chiron in Libra may also learn that a partner can help them heal in some way. One of the lessons that may be learned with this combination is that conflict may lead to a greater sense of intimacy.'

Courtesy of: http://www.alwaysastrology.com/chiron-signs.html#libra

waybread

Chiron rules physical or emotional wounds that do not heal. But where, if we stay open to them, we can gain in wisdom and compassion.

demetraceres

Others often take advantage of people with strong chiron energy because they are lacking it in their own chart and they know chiron doesn't mind.

Very interesting observation about how strong chiron energy works. I am not sure in what context is "taking advantage of" meant. I think some Chirons do mind, mostly where Chiron is in hard aspects, I mean - where strong Chiron indicate some kind of abuse experience and the native still lacks healthy personal boundaries. But I am sure there exists more constructive option, too. Some people with strong Chiron may have strong healing abilities, which could be beneficial for others, without any exploatative background.