music and astrology

craft94

This is really random but my friend and I once upon a time wanted to start a band but our ideas for the band were different. Saturn represents your work ethic right? Well I have Saturn in Pisces and I wanted it to be a dreamy shoegaze type band like the Cocteau Twins. She has Saturn in Aries and she wanted it to be an energetic, angry type band like the Sex Pistols, Ramones, or The Rolling Stones. Really random but I thought it was interesting

david starling

What about lack of planets in H10? Is that unusual for known musicians and singers? (It's a separate issue from musical ability, since it's about a career as a musician.) Any exceptions to "a busy 10th House?" Btw, thanks for your work on this--very interesting.

Last edited:

craft94

What about lack of planets in H10? Is that unusual for known musicians and singers? (It's a separate issue from musical ability, since it's about a career as a musician.) Any exceptions to "a busy 10th House? Btw, thanks for your work on this--very interesting.
I've noticed that a lot of very famous musicians have Moon in the 10th house specifically

craft94

Dave Navarro (moon conjunct MC - also Sun and Mercury), Kurt Cobain (also Jupiter) and Johnny Rotten all have Moon in the 10th
Courtney Love has Mercury conjunct the MC (in Leo..she told me herself though on a Facebook Q&A that she hates it when people say she acts like a leo because Madonna is a Leo lol)
Gwen Stefani has Sun in the 10th
Wasn't specifically looking, just something I've noticed

craft94

Just checked Amy Winehouse's chart since I was just listenig to her. She has no planets in the 10th house but she has Lilith exactly conjunct the MC. Don't know much about Lilith but this seems fitting.

david starling

Is there a genre pattern? Cerebral music like jazz and classical, emotional music like blues and ballads, high-energy music like heavy-metal and early rocknroll, might involve different planet combinations and different Signs.

craft94

Has anyone looked at their synastry with their favorite musicians and noticed anything that indicated being a fan?

I've noticed that a lot of my fave musicians are Virgo's for some reason which is interesting because I don't get along with, or even know that many, Virgo's irl

craft94

Is there a genre pattern? Cerebral music like jazz and classical, emotional music like blues and ballads, high-energy music like heavy-metal and early rocknroll, might involve different planet combinations and different Signs.
That would be interesting research.
I'm not sure how conclusive it would be because kind of like with politics, I think it would depend on other things such as culture, time, place, life experiences etc. but I imagine there'd be some common themes.
One of my favorite musicians has a Mercury-Mars conjunct and it's definitely evident in her music. I'll link you if you want.
And with songwriters, there might be patterns. Like maybe Libras sing more about relationships, Aquas sing about politics, Pisces sing about God, etc.?
For pop music, I remember reading that there were more Sagittarians than any other Sun sign. And this definitely seems true: Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Smiley Virus etc.

craft94

Genre divisions: maybe go by what you have and seperate them into categories? And count the aspects for each genre?

craft94

Idk about your attraction then, maybe your Sun house in 6th? Your Pluto in 6th?

Aha, I might do that but taking all the aspects takes timeee. I was hoping for something faster :D

My Sun's in the 5th. IDK. It's just random, I think.

Didn't you already calculate the aspects though? I would stick with what you already have.

theboy

this is really cool man i think alot of artitsts on here will benefit
maybe you can post the list of artists
and explain how these aspects manifest into artistic talent
that would be the ultimate thread lol

david starling

lol ty

I think we'd all benefit if more researches like this were conducted, indeed. Astrologers at work~

Moonris3, it's a good thing you have all the time necessary to thoroughly pursue this highly interesting and Astrologically valuable undertaking! :wink:

Last edited:

craft94

I'm thankful for the peeps who have been interested in this thread, gives me some hope.

I'd like to point out, for who's interested, that this is not anything new in matters of astrological researches. Mr Gauquelin, a french psychologist who's always been an astrology skeptic, conducted statistics on sportive people, finding out that a Mars near the Asc is usually present in most charts of "famous" sportive people, and in particular the 12th house is so far the most telling, for Mars located in 12th is the most present in the Gauquelin sport researches.

I didn't analyze the frequency of the Moon placement in 12th until lately ( I was a bit carried away by the X house) and with this finding is cool to remember of Mr Gauquelin, who found out something similar.

The Moon, is surely one of the planet that have more relevance in terms of artistic creations, and it's the planet most present from my researches too.

With this research something else appears clear: the bad reputation of the 12th house loses its polish, since it's one of the houses that create the most significant aspects, for very realized individuals.

Interesting! My own Moon is in the 12th house. This makes me feel better about it haha

LeoLady22

My favourite musician is Andre Rieu - Sun Libra/Moon Capricorn and Mercury conj Neptune in Libra.

I dated two guys who played (drums) in bands

1. Sun Aries/Moon Scorpio, Mercury in Aries opp Neptune Libra
2. Sun Capricorn/Moon Capricorn. Mercury in Capricorn square Neptune Libra.

Interesting topic, thanks :smile: