What the heck does "nurturing" mean?

graay ghost

People keep using this word as it relates to astrology. I have never been a nurturer. I've always conceived of myself as an entertainer. I feel like a lot of words that we throw a lot here can be warped to mean anything. Anyone care to explain?

Oddity

Maybe benefic? Supporting life, instead of malefic, being hostile to life.

I dunno for sure. I don't think I've used the world 'nurturing' in relation to astrology.

conspiracy theorist

Generally anything Cancer/Moon related. It just seems like a meaningless buzzword.

To be fair, that tends to be what modern astrology focus most in regards to the Moon and Cancer. The moon has a myriad of other significations going on that has nothing to do with "nurturing" so to speak, like writing and travelling.

You can also see how the moon is viewed by the fact that it joys in the 3rd house.

Last edited:

obsidianmineral

Okay, so what do you do if you don't do that, or you have been seriously harmed by that?

Well I thought you reach a neutral state. It's like saying, what do you do if you don't kill? Well, you don't kill. That doesn't mean you do the opposite of killing. You just don't do it. Natal charts are meant to take us from general terms to specific terms.

Spongebob

Okay, so what do you do if you don't do that, or you have been seriously harmed by that?

People forget that everything in astrology has more than one meaning. The moon isn't just motherhood or nurturing, it's also the emotions and some say it's the soul also.

Kinda reminds me of the way people insist that if your Moon is in aspect to Pluto, your mother HAD to have abused you, when Moon-Pluto could just indicate an intense emotional nature, that sort of thing.

obsidianmineral

People forget that everything in astrology has more than one meaning. The moon isn't just motherhood or nurturing, it's also the emotions and some say it's the soul also.

Kinda reminds me of the way people insist that if your Moon is in aspect to Pluto, your mother HAD to have abused you, when Moon-Pluto could just indicate an intense emotional nature, that sort of thing.

I believe that the Moon has different meanings, but they're all somehow interconnected.

Mother - Emotional Security - Where we feel safe - Nurturing - Moods, etc. But keep in mind that in each natal chart, the Moon rules different houses. Say, as a 3rd house ruler it could represent a sibling, or it could represent the way you communicate with others.

david starling

People keep using this word as it relates to astrology. I have never been a nurturer. I've always conceived of myself as an entertainer. I feel like a lot of words that we throw a lot here can be warped to mean anything. Anyone care to explain?

Useful, in a comforting, reassuring way.

Last edited:

RaRohini

Providing solace to the soul ( now,is that even more warped 😉?)

david starling

Providing solace to the soul ( now,is that even more warped ��?)

That's what music is for!:biggrin: Astrology can provide useful information as a guide to right action, self-knowledge, and personal growth. If it's viewed in a non-judgemental way, it's nurturing. There are some non-nurturing Astrologers who blame a difficult Chart on the native's "bad Karma".:annoyed:

Last edited:

RaRohini

That's what music is for!:biggrin: Astrology can provide useful information as a guide to right action, self-knowledge, and personal growth. If it's viewed in a non-judgemental way, it's nurturing. There are some non-nurturing Astrologers who blame a difficult Chart on the native's "bad Karma".:annoyed:

Karma Chameloen !