Mars in Dignity and Debility

Caprising said:
Nackie wrote "What about Mars in Virgo? I have read, and with a few charts of people I know have also experienced, that Mars is in somewhat of a debility here. From my experience it tends to make very lazy people, or at least that is how the people come across to others. They weigh every action and think about it forever before deciding if the action is worth it or not. Can you confirm this?

BR,
Nackie" Good observation!! if mars is in direct motion in a persons natal chart, then the next expression of mars energy is of the sign that it progresses to, that being libra. You have just described mars in libra, that is indecision/procrastination, the opposite of mars's natural fire /action characteristics!

gasp!

no one understand the amount of energy we, libra mars, pour into not doing things, tsk, tsk

libra mars: energy is focused on attaining pleasure/harmony

so yes, if there´s no pleasure involved, the energy goes into playing libra to get someone to do it because it just refuuuuses to go into action mode o.o (my friends and I call it the "mars taking a break in venus' parlour " mars)

in my case, mars' energy just goes on a high at the sight of injustice. the energy surge is huge then.

(I do love mars in earth signs, though. sooo sexy o.o -except for my blasted love-hate relationship with mars in virgo, over-critic of everything and everyone without actually doing something about anything because it will never be perfect enough >.> -)

Intercepted Sun said:
gasp!

no one understand the amount of energy we, libra mars, pour into not doing things, tsk, tsk

libra mars: energy is focused on attaining pleasure/harmony

so yes, if there´s no pleasure involved, the energy goes into playing libra to get someone to do it because it just refuuuuses to go into action mode o.o (my friends and I call it the "mars taking a break in venus' parlour " mars)

in my case, mars' energy just goes on a high at the sight of injustice. the energy surge is huge then.

(I do love mars in earth signs, though. sooo sexy o.o -except for my blasted love-hate relationship with mars in virgo, over-critic of everything and everyone without actually doing something about anything because it will never be perfect enough >.> -)

agreed that libra mars: energy is focused on obtaining pleaseure/harmoney :)

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris said:
Mine is in mellow Pisces but strengthed I think by being in my first house so I still have the energy when I need it. I always try to handle conflicts with my brains first. And I'm also retrograde. Lucky me. I am one of those that is contantly in motion. And that's WITH subdued Pisces for Mars. I imagine if it'd been in another sign.....I'd be considered ADD and on meds. lol. But I consider myself mellow constant motion if that makes sense. My toes might always be tapping but at the same time I have a mellow component. Thankfully it's my only retrograde sign.

What gets me is that I have Venus in Cancer and I always gravitate toward those Mars in Cancers. But....thankfully....I also attract Venus in Pisces.

However, since we don't get to pick our date or times of birth....I prefer to use the tools of astrology to get past the negatives and work toward it's positive manifestations. (I have sun conjunct jupiter in Virgo)

i agree use the tools of astrology to get past the negatives and work toward it's positive manifestations. :) :) :)

kiwikid

Hi Bizquit
Bizquit said:
Talking of dignities and debilities...
Something that has always intrigued me about Mars in Cancer is that Mars is considered a Lord of the Water triplicity along with the Moon and Jupiter/Venus. (Morin, Schoner, Dorotheus).
I am not sure if I understand this correctly but it seems to me that, within Cancer, there are some degrees -10 to 19 - that are actually 'better' for Mars than others.
So, for example, is Mars at 12Can30 better or worse placed than a peregrine Mars?

Maybe it has something to do with traditional Mars originally being the ruler of Scorpio before Pluto came along. The second decan 10 to 19deg of Cancer is Scorpio co-ruled by Mars. Also Cancer being a cardinal sign, same mode as Aries might be an asset as long as there were no outer planets blocking Mars energy.

Idrew

Mars in Pisces here. Not so easy going though. Hardened by opposing my Sun and Jupiter conjunct in Virgo and trine my Moon in Scorpio. I can get hot pretty quick, but also very restless.

Night Sky

Hi everyone,

I found the thread interesting, because my natal chart has Mars in Virgo conjunct a Virgo Ascendant in the 1st (with 5 degree orb.)

I don´t think this Mars is particularly strong, though perhaps it takes time to develop and mature. Being PERERGIN there is no essential dignity here, I interpret this as being born lacking some of the Martian spirit.

However, Mars in the 1st is accidentally dignified, i think in retrospect, that this Mars has had to work on itself to become better, to become stronger and to be able to defend itself.

My interest in this thread was and is about Accidental VS: Essential dignity.

And I think I have partially answered the question that I originally had. If you are born with Essential dignity, the qualities are present without effort. If a planet is accidentally dignified... but not essentially dignified... The energy of the planet can be harnessed and worked on through your own conscious effort. But perhaps that only applies to the 1st house? :59:

Here is anothr question: Describe to me these two circumstances.

Mars in Aries in the 12th house...define... (Essentially dignified accidentally debilitated)

Mars in Libra conjunct the Ascendant in the 1st house, with a sextile to Sun or Jupiter. Essentailly detriment but Accidentally dignified.

What is the difference in these planetary possitions?:34:

Last edited:

juicey J.

Banned
I wish I knew which, had promience a detemint or fall or an accidental dignity. I think if a planet is angular (accidental dignity) I think it counters the fall or determint but I'm not sure.

M

may28gemini

I have mars in Taurus, in it's Fall, I am slow to start, but once I start, nothing stops me. Mars in Tar is kind of lazy if you ask me. No offense other Taurus mars people.

Maybe mars is more noticeable than people think. Maybe people can feel mars more than Venus at times. It is high raw energy.

I have met a few Aries mars and they seem to get beyond themselves and take action to fast, but maybe my taurus mars sees it this way.

Good thread.

i laughed really hard about mars in taurus because that's what i have. mars in taurus can be lazy because it's too slow and cautious about starting anything until they are absolutely sure they can complete it. there is a bright side to this, mars in taurus is the most patient and will wait it out where others have dropped from the race eons ago. good and bad side: once mars in taurus gets pushed, we're unstoppable but watch out for complete destruction!
i always wished i had mars in aries because that means i could be a major doer... but i'm not a doer; i allot my energies to fulfill and complete. what's hilarious and awful to me is mars located in my 10th (eep!). basically speaking... i have always CLASHED and battled with every power hungry employer (now ex-employers) because i insisted on taking the longer route to ensure a more accurate and complete delivery (not in the literal sense). of course, all my "careers" have resulted in either me suddenly explosively leaving or i had been suddenly explosively dismissed LOL. this is tainted by mars opposition uranus and further promotes my rebellious streak.
the bright side to mars in the 10th means natural leadership qualities but the major drawback is there will be clashes with authority until i become an authority (which could happen suddenly) LOL

Last edited:

RayAustin

Hello guys,
You also want to consider if Mars is in sect or not while you're considering dignity. Mars will operate better in a night chart and give more of his positive qualities like leadership for example, while a day Mars will give more of his negative qualities such as destruction.

Wames

^^Ha, I will add that to my list regarding Mars. My Mars is out of sect, pitted, cadent house (12th) in Virgo. It is what it is....highest of highs and lowest of lows. :annoyed:

Thankfully my best friend gives me drive, motivation, courage, and strength when I feel I have none. She is a scorpio rising with her mars in aries rejoicing in the 6th house. I am like the calmness and she is like the storm...So together things balance out.

RayAustin

^^Ha, I will add that to my list regarding Mars. My Mars is out of sect, pitted, cadent house (12th) in Virgo. It is what it is....highest of highs and lowest of lows. :annoyed:

Thankfully my best friend gives me drive, motivation, courage, and strength when I feel I have none. She is a scorpio rising with her mars in aries rejoicing in the 6th house. I am like the calmness and she is like the storm...So together things balance out.

Woo, well my Mars is out of sect, cadent in the twelfth house in Libra conjunct the south node. I'm sure that affects your energy levels--it without a doubt, effects mine. For me though the south node agitates my Mars/accentuates it (the SN is supposedly the nature of Mars).

Wames

Woo, well my Mars is out of sect, cadent in the twelfth house in Libra conjunct the south node. I'm sure that affects your energy levels--it without a doubt, effects mine. For me though the south node agitates my Mars/accentuates it (the SN is supposedly the nature of Mars).

Thanks for the additional info, RA. Mars is squared my SN (in gemini/9th house). I've found a brief piece at this christian astrology blog on the SN conjunctions to the planets here: http://buddymaterna.wordpress.com/south-node/

You are right. I tend to overdo or not do enough depending on the circumstances. Striking a healthy balance is my goal and not getting down on myself for making plans but not always acting on them is something that I've made peace with, although I still am my own worst critic. :cool:

RayAustin

Thanks for the additional info, RA. Mars is squared my SN (in gemini/9th house). I've found a brief piece at this christian astrology blog on the SN conjunctions to the planets here: http://buddymaterna.wordpress.com/south-node/

You are right. I tend to overdo or not do enough depending on the circumstances. Striking a healthy balance is my goal and not getting down on myself for making plans but not always acting on them is something that I've made peace with, although I still am my own worst critic. :cool:

Thank you for the link. :sideways: The SN is supposedly a negative influence, but I wonder if in some strange configurations it can strengthen a weak Mars.