What's ailing my cat?

Osamenor

Staff member
My cat has vomited several times in the last 36 hours. One round had hairballs in it, but most had no clear cause. She's thrown up in the early morning both today and yesterday, and night before last. When she threw up night before last, she refused to eat anything, which threw off her medication schedule.

She has diabetes and is on insulin, which I can only give her when she has food in her system. She missed the dose night before last because of the vomiting and refusing to eat. She's also, currently, halfway through a three week course of antibiotics for a UTI, and those can only be taken with food, too. She missed an antibiotic dose night before last, again due to not eating.

The next morning, she ate and I medicated her, then she threw up again. Otherwise, though, she was acting normally. I called the vet and they suggested bringing her in for an emergency appointment, but also said that if she recovers and isn't acting lethargic, it's okay to wait and see. I took the wait and see tack because she's not lethargic, she's behaving like herself aside from the vomiting, and if anything, she has a little more energy than usual. For the last two days straight, she's been meowing at me in a very demanding tone, like she wants me to solve whatever's bugging her.

She didn't vomit last night, and she did eat and have her meds, but this morning, around 5 am, she did. That was the hairball round. A couple hours later, she threw up again, no hairballs this time. About an hour after that, she ate a little bit of breakfast, just enough that I was comfortable giving her insulin and antibiotic, but she hasn't been interested in food today otherwise. She's still been giving me those distress meows, though.

I've been through several rounds of vet appointments with her before, because she has multiple health issues and they've always been hard to diagnose. We have an appointment scheduled in a couple of weeks, to follow up on the results of the antibiotic treatment and rerun some tests she recently had. They thought for a while, this past year, that she might have kidney and/or thyroid problems, but the latest tests on that came back normal. At this point, I suspect a horary chart might give me more solid information than veterinary tests.

Interestingly, kitty and I are both represented by Mars in this chart. I take the eleventh house to be her house of health (fifth from sixth). Virgo on the cusp immediately made me think of the digestive system; I seem to remember Virgo being associated with gut microbes. Mercury in Libra... is that suggestive of kidneys, perhaps? Maybe a kidney problem? Maybe the antibiotic has upset her intestinal flora too much?

Mercury is definitely key here, since it rules H11 and it's applying opposition to Mars.

I'm shooting in the dark because I know very little about this. Help!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_what_s_wrong_with_feliz.65061.28019.jpg
    astro_2gw_what_s_wrong_with_feliz.65061.28019.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 59

ScorpioCancerian

The can is Mars, which is retrograding at the moment and that confirms its poor physical condition.

Venus signifies the food the cat takes down to its throat. Venus is peregrine and inside the cat's turned 4th. Poor food inside her stomach. Here we have a clear picture of what is going on. The Moon is the turned L4, the stomach and in Venus' detriment. The cat's stomach is in a terrible shape and that is why it rejects the food (Venus).

Interesting that the Moon is in aspect with the Sun (Venus dispositor) and the Sun also is uncomfortable with Venus. But let's push the Moon a little back. Usually the Moon points to a symptom. The last thing that happened to the Moon was Saturn. And look what we have here: Saturn is the cat's L10, the treatment. Saturn is in the Moon's detriment. The treatment afflicts the stomach and stomach rejects the food.

Right on the cat's 10th house cusp is Pluto, which usually corrupts things. Probably treatment side-effects? Probably. Saturn exalts Mars, the treament does good to the cat but f***s up the cat's stomach.

aquarius7000

Hello

The cat is Mars and present in Aries, in its own house.

Mars is VOC not making any further aspects, so it seems the condition, as is, will continue at least over the next 3 days to weeks, off and on, from the date of creation of the chart.

The Moon is not only in its fall, but also at the critical 29th degree. Moon too is VOC. Its last aspect was to the Sun in Virgo. The cat probably has eaten something that did not suit her/ it could not digest well. Given the Moon last transferred from Saturn to the Sun, and the fact that Mars' last aspect also was to Saturn, it could be that what it ate was a substance that could likely not be broken down by the digestive system. It could be hard - like stone or ruled by Saturn - hair/ nails. It could also show deposition of extra protein. Mars will enter into its sign of detriment - that of Venus - which shows it could wreak some havoc with the sugar levels. A visit to the vet might not be amiss.

Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting that you both think it was something she ate. I did not feed her anything, at the time of the chart or since, that I hadn't already been feeding her for months. It's possible she ate some of the weeds growing on the patio, but there's nothing else she could and would have gotten into.

I did take her to the vet the day after I posted this chart, because she was still hiding and crying and not eating much and not seeming okay. They decided to change her antibiotic. What the vet thought was that the antibiotic she was on was the wrong one and her UTI was getting worse. Apparently, that can cause vomiting.

A few days after the switch, she stopped vomiting. Even sooner, she started acting more like herself. The new antibiotic was finished a week ago, and I just took her back to the vet for a recheck. We'll know in a day or two if the infection has cleared.

Based on the horary chart, though, it sounds like maybe the antibiotic was doing what it was supposed to but was upsetting her stomach into the bargain. That fits the picture of the vomiting stopping after the antibiotic was changed.

I also put her on a probiotic, and I'm keeping her on it for at least a couple of months. Want to get the good bacteria back up.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Mars is VOC not making any further aspects, so it seems the condition, as is, will continue at least over the next 3 days to weeks, off and on, from the date of creation of the chart.

It did last about 3 days after the antibiotic was changed. Maybe it would have been 3 weeks if nothing had been done? Or not improved at all?

But it doesn't look to me like Mars is VOC in this chart. Mercury is applying opposition, Mercury moves faster than Mars, and Mercury is direct while Mars is retrograde. That opposition would perfect while Mars is still in the same sign. Venus would also perfect a trine to Mars while both were still in the same signs. How can that be VOC?

Last edited:

ScorpioCancerian

Interesting that you both think it was something she ate. I did not feed her anything, at the time of the chart or since, that I hadn't already been feeding her for months. It's possible she ate some of the weeds growing on the patio, but there's nothing else she could and would have gotten into.

Please, read my comment carefully. I didn't say she was vomiting because she ate something. I commented on the fact that the treatment (antibiotics) harm her stomach (Saturn's last aspect with the Moon) which disturbed and rejected the food. ( The Sun/Moon negative reception to Venus).

Osamenor

Staff member
Please, read my comment carefully. I didn't say she was vomiting because she ate something. I commented on the fact that the treatment (antibiotics) harm her stomach (Saturn's last aspect with the Moon) which disturbed and rejected the food. ( The Sun/Moon negative reception to Venus).

Yes, I see that at second glance.

The antibiotics were oral. So in that sense, if it was the treatment, it was something she ate.

Your analysis is spot on, I think. She got better after the treatment was changed.

aquarius7000

It did last about 3 days after the antibiotic was changed. Maybe it would have been 3 weeks if nothing had been done? Or not improved at all?

But it doesn't look to me like Mars is VOC in this chart. Mercury is applying opposition, Mercury moves faster than Mars, and Mercury is direct while Mars is retrograde. That opposition would perfect while Mars is still in the same sign. Venus would also perfect a trine to Mars while both were still in the same signs. How can that be VOC?
That indeed is correct. I just didn't check the degree on Merc - given Merc is stationary right now. However, this is a Sept chart. So thankfully given Mars was not VOC, the cat got better/has been getting better.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
That indeed is correct. I just didn't check the degree on Merc - given Merc is stationary right now. However, this is a Nov chart. So thankfully given Mars was not VOC, the cat got better/has been getting better.

And yet, your interpretation worked, even if it was a misinterpretation. It did take about three days for the vomiting to completely stop, not after the chart was created, but after the treatment was changed.

I also find it interesting that you say sugar levels could be affected, because she has diabetes, vomiting prevented her from receiving insulin, and that would indeed affect her sugar levels. According to the vet, having an infection was also likely to raise her sugar levels, and they were high before she was treated. Thankfully, that seems to be stabilizing. I just did glucose testing on her and the numbers have come down into acceptable range.

aquarius7000

Thanks and I meant in my previous post - "this is a *September* chart (not Nov).

This is what happens when you have been hammering away on your keyboard for 12 straight hours. Can't focus.

aquarius7000

That's what I thought.

I don't suppose Mercury stationing as we speak helps matters either... :biggrin:

I have Merc rx natally, so I don't feel very affected by an rx Merc. With me, from what I have noticed, is my Uranus in the 3rd house and in a trine to my 3rd ruler, Venus in Pisces

Osamenor

Staff member
I just heard from the vet. Test results are in. Kitty cat's infection is gone. Vet also says her glucose numbers are what they should be. :happy:

aquarius7000

If we take Moon to be the co ruler of the subject = cat, or reflecting the situation, then Moon in sextile to the Sun (treatment) shows that cat will recover and that in a relatively short time.

Osamenor

Staff member
Is Sun treatment, or is Saturn?

Sun rules the tenth house of the chart, but Saturn rules the turned tenth. If the cat's tenth house is her treatment, wouldn't that be the third house of the chart?

But the cat did indeed get better quickly... with a new treatment.

aquarius7000

Is Sun treatment, or is Saturn?

Sun rules the tenth house of the chart, but Saturn rules the turned tenth. If the cat's tenth house is her treatment, wouldn't that be the third house of the chart?

But the cat did indeed get better quickly... with a new treatment.

The treatment/meds does not belong to the cat. They are general, so for the treatment, we do not need to turn the chart.

Osamenor

Staff member
The treatment/meds does not belong to the cat. They are general, so for the treatment, we do not need to turn the chart.

Got it.

Looks like we have two interpretations of that here, and they both work. ScorpioCancerian used the turned tenth house to say the original treatment was causing the problem, and that does seem to be the case. But a new treatment solved the problem.