Aspects supporting GENIUS or ECCENTRICITY!!!

Personally I have found it hard to accept the idea of indigo children, all children are gifted at different things. I don't like to say some children are special and some are not. Some of the points I don't get in the article like self worth not being an issue, this is not taking into account other chart factors. The description of indigo's sound a lot like most of us on this forum not born at those times. We have lots of system busters here, who do not conform to forum rules :D.

Saying this there are lots of followers on the forum of this theory of the gifted children among us. We all have our own views on this, but an interesting note to bring into the discussion. :)

P.S I'm only jealous because I want to be an indigo child. ;)

Miss Saturn said:
P.S I'm only jealous because I want to be an indigo child. ;)

In my school i know many people (Uranus conjunct Neptune) not gifted at all. Or, everyone is gifted in their own way but my class less gifted compare to other people. Many schools in Sweden right now lower their standars becouse the people born 1992 has very bad grades.

Last edited:

Astrodawn

Hi

My fella has

mercury 4'13 taurus
jupiter 4'00 taurus both 10th house

opposite

uranus 5'00 scorpio 4th house

The effects of this rather than genius makes him continually think about working for himself, BUT his ideas are so big he misses off all the fine details just sees a huge picture, gets an idea, works about 18 hours a day on unnattainable goals which he never achieves due to lack of correct preperation, then becomes moody when it fails and blames the world for being against him. Till his next idea comes along.

sigh

ps out of curiosity could anyone please tell me what the significance of him having his
4'13 merc/jup conjunction on my 4'55 MC and the
5' uranus conjunct my sun/moon 4' scorpio

Thanks

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Jenna Jupiter said:
In my school i know many people (Uranus conjunct Neptune) not gifted at all. Or, everyone is gifted in their own way but my class less gifted compare to other people. Many schools in Sweden right now lower their standars becouse the people born 1992 has very bad grades.
Perhaps 'gifted in another way' is the explanation Jenna. I think that's the difference this conjunct perhaps makes. It points at somethig out-of-the-ordinary (not what has always been seen as gifted - like an A-grade student). That's the uniqueness (Uranus) and perhaps the other-worldiness (Neptune) that Donna Cunningham is hinting at. One thing is for, Uranus (a strong one) certainly makes you unlike the rest and fall out of those strictly specified norms.
It's what Einstein's strong Uranus did to him, rather forced him to admit "I can't do what other men can, but I can do what most other men can't"

aquarius7000 said:
Perhaps 'gifted in another way' is the explanation Jenna. I think that's the difference this conjunct perhaps makes. It points at somethig out-of-the-ordinary (not what has always been seen as gifted - like an A-grade student). That's the uniqueness (Uranus) and perhaps the other-worldiness (Neptune) that Donna Cunningham is hinting at. One thing is for, Uranus (a strong one) certainly makes you unlike the rest and fall out of those strictly specified norms.
It's what Einstein's strong Uranus did to him, rather forced him to admit "I can't do what other men can, but I can do what most other men can't"
The only thing some people in my class can do is dugs, drinking and sex (Scorpio in Pluto?).

Gifted I think everyone is more or less but this people; less. Sorry. The indigo children fall short (in this case). I don't like looking at generalization for generations. And you can't blame it on "they feel insecure" they have responsibilities and the most of them dont appreciate it.

aquarius7000

Astrodawn said:
..out of curiosity could anyone please tell me what the significance of him having his
4'13 merc/jup conjunction on my 4'55 MC and the
5' uranus conjunct my sun/moon 4' scorpio
Briefly, a conj coming from Uranus to any planet basically means renewal & revival, thereby keeping life exciting. Since it's your 'fella's' Uranus ;) he could be the one to emphasize excitement and expression of individuality of your Sun or the relationship (with his grand ideas, one would be inclined to believe this :) ) Your Sun /self might also be attracted to his unconventional side. His Uranus to your Moon- could have got you instantly attracted to your partner, like a one to 100 degree 'explosive' attraction from one moment to the other, only it's difficult to sustain this intensity with passing time. Uranus' conj to Moon can also bring about sudden moments of sexual attraction (emotions playing high and low usually in Moon-person's case)

Merc/Jup on your MC: with this constellation he could take interest in your career/ your goals in life and with Jupiter involved he would encourage you and give you support to achieve these goals, at least heis Merc would stimulate you to communicate your ideas to him. Merc on MC (MC=career & Merc = trade, business) could also mean that you two could work together. Jupiter's conj will certainly help you expand your horizons and achieve success in double-pack :)

//aquarius7000

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Jenna Jupiter said:
The only thing some people in my class can do is dugs, drinking and sex (Scorpio in Pluto?)... I don't like looking at generalization for generations..
To answer your question
Pluto in Scorpio: Pluto was in its own sign from about 1984-1996, so a whole generation practically 'inherited', if you so like, at least some commonalities of what is generally associated with the influence of Pluto in Scorpio.
Though the question is off the real topic, but here are some of my thoughts:
The Scorpio in Pluto generation is certainly said to be more prone or actually open to such issues of drugs, sex.. This generation is said to live off media culture which promotes sex, violence, and celebrity. Pluto is about intensity both in the positive & in the negative sense.
So, as you can see, your question (or most of the questions) related to the three outer planets Uranus, Neptune & Pluto, is difficult to answer without going out from some amount of generalisation for generations to understand the influence of these planets.
In fact, there is a separate branch of astrology called Generational Astrology, which basically works using this method. This is because these outer planets are so slow moving and remain for almost a decade (Uranus, about 7 years) in a sign, and the aspects they form with eachother also remain for long, thereby influencing entire generation(s) born under such planetary aspects/configurations. Therefore their effects have to per force be generalised for generations

Coming back to the real topic, this is the branch of astrology that Donna Cunningham used to help understand Uranus influencing the generation of children born under the Uranus conjunct Neptune configuration, which remained from 1988-1995. During this same period Pluto was in Scorpio (and remained there till 1996)- that's where your question comes in.

Perhaps Neptune, (besides Pluto) is also one of the connections between this generation that Donna C addressess (as Indigo Children), and your question because Neptune is also associated with addiction, drugs and alcohol.

Regards
aquarius7000

Last edited:
aquarius7000 said:
To answer your question
Pluto in Scorpio: Pluto was in its own sign from about 1984-1996, so a whole generation practically 'inherited', if you so like, at least some commonalities of what is generally associated with the influence of Pluto in Scorpio.
Though the question is off the real topic, but here are some of my thoughts:
The Scorpio in Pluto generation is certainly said to be more prone or actually open to such issues of drugs, sex.. This generation is said to live off media culture which promotes sex, violence, and celebrity. Pluto is about intensity both in the positive & in the negative sense.
So, as you can see, your question (or most of the questions) related to the three outer planets Uranus, Neptune & Pluto, is difficult to answer without going out from some amount of generalisation for generations to understand the influence of these planets.
In fact, there is a separate branch of astrology called Generational Astrology, which basically works using this method. This is because these outer planets are so slow moving and remain for almost a decade (Uranus, about 7 years) in a sign, and the aspects they form with eachother also remain for long, thereby influencing entire generation(s) born under such planetary aspects/configurations. Therefore their effects have to per force be generalised for generations

Coming back to the real topic, this is the branch of astrology that Donna Cunningham used to help understand Uranus influencing the generation of children born under the Uranus conjunct Neptune configuration, which remained from 1988-1995. During this same period Pluto was in Scorpio (and remained there till 1996)- that's where your question comes in.

Perhaps Neptune, (besides Pluto) is also one of the connections between this generation that Donna C addressess (as Indigo Children), and your question because Neptune is also associated with addiction, drugs and alcohol.

Regards
aquarius7000
Thanks! Can you see what kind of people the influence effect more?:confused:

I don't fit in here at all. :)

Moulin

Hi :)

Highly intelligent and eccentric one here!

No significant Uranus aspects though unless you count uranus opp chiron :confused:

aquarius7000

Jenna Jupiter said:
Thanks! Can you see what kind of people the influence effect more?:confused:
While all born during the time Pluto was in Scorpio will be influenced to a certain extent by the Scorpion qualities (+ve/-ve) of Pluto, the question as to a)who will be more b)who will be adversely & who will 'benefit' from it (in the positive sense) will depend on 1)which house this Scorpion Pluto occupies, 2) what aspects it forms with other planets & thereby its relation to other houses and signs; in the individual's chart.
Note that the above are just a few points I've pointed out in answer to your question. A far more in-depth study of the individual's chart will be required to understand Pluto's 'personalised' influence, as asked in your question.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Chiron is associated with the higher intellect. It is said to be a knowledge holder that transmits higher teachings either as an outer teacher (Saturn) or as an inner teacher or spirit guide (Uranus).
Chiron, besides being called the (wounded) healer, is also known to be the inner teacher that stresses the importance of going within to find an answer, and then sharing it with others. In education, music and medicine, Chiron unites the body and mind, instinct and intellect.
Digging mythology for this asteroid, will tell you that Chiron was the immortal son of Kronos (Saturn) - the karmic teacher and pushes us to put to use our ultimate potential (thereby healing us).

For me the any connection between Uranus and Chiron bears considerable significance.

Returning to the original topic, I would briefly like to point out that Uranus, alone, does not account for Genius (or Eccentricity). While it plays a key role certainly when we talk about these qualities, (just like Neptune would when considering spiritualism & mysticism), many other factors/planets/configurations need to be considered, as the mind (& the intellect) is not addressed by one planet alone.

Anthony Lyons

Uranus is definitely the planet for flashes of genius. But I also think that Saturn can bring a depth of mind required to put together these flashes into a coherent theory, philosophy, teaching, or some other piece of work.

Einstein is a great example. Having Jupiter in Aquarius is a great start, but it is his Mercury-Saturn conjunction that gave him the mental framework to bring all his ideas together to create a paradigm shift in Physics.

Geniusness is not just the flashes of insight, but also the ability to thread ideas, to create something from those random pieces of illumination.

This is my opinion, of course, but I would look at connections between Mercury and Uranus (and other strong Uranus placements) as well as Mercury and Saturn connections to help round out the picture.

aquarius7000

Anthony Lyons said:
Uranus is definitely the planet for flashes of genius. But I also think that Saturn can bring a depth of mind required to put together these flashes into a coherent theory, ..
Yes, Saturn can be of big help to give the sudden Uranian flashes form and continuity.
Anthony Lyons said:
Einstein is a great example. Having Jupiter in Aquarius is a great start, but it is his Mercury-Saturn conjunction that gave him the mental framework to bring all his ideas together to create a paradigm shift in Physics.
The Merc conj Saturn made Einstein, in his early school years, a slow learner. It also accounted for his late speech development as a child. But Saturn certainly gave him the patience and consistency, as you very rightly said Anthony, to thread his (initially thought of eccentric ideas) together in to something lasting and put these to practical use. The analytical Virgo-Uranus in 3 (so there's the Uranus-Merc link) aspecting his Aquarian Jupiter in its own house 9 (higher learning) kept that supply of genius flashes on.

Dazzled

Mercury in gemini squares my mars, semi-sextile jupiter (and mars sextile jupiter)
opposes uranus and saturn(while my saturn and uranus conjunct each other), sesquiquadrate pluto, and conjuncts chiron (and my chiron trines pluto, squares mars and oppose neptune/uranus/saturn)

I know without a doubt, that all these espects make me...an eccentric. Darn it.
What genius. Just conflicted.

Dazzled

Oppositions and squares, don't they make some sort of difficulty to relating to each planets?

I don't know about most people but I think the planets I like in my chart are Saturn and Pluto.
Mercury I think, plays deceiving games.

I'm known for being quirky lol.

But thank you for that encouragement, it's bright and cheerful, makes me feel it too :)

Serendipity

Definitely Uranus has to do with genius or eccentricity by it's sign and / or house. At times I have a flair or talent for writing... I have Uranus (0 Libra) conjunct Jupiter and Pluto in the 3rd.
My husband has a high IQ and his Mercury aspects nearly everything in his chart.

freedomlover

Geniusness is not just the flashes of insight, but also the ability to thread ideas, to create something from those random pieces of illumination.

This is my opinion, of course, but I would look at connections between Mercury and Uranus (and other strong Uranus placements) as well as Mercury and Saturn connections to help round out the picture

Well, you just described me. My Mercury (r) in Sag in the 12th squares both Uranus in Virgo in the 8th, and Saturn in Pisces in the 2nd.

Some call me a genius - some call me an idiot, some call me crazy - some just don't call me.:D

piercethevale

...I go along with the Uranus/Mercury aspect observations...more or less.
I'm particulary experienced with Mercury trine Pluto [my own natal chart] and people with Pluto conj. Ascendent [a most interesting form of awareness...if not nesessarily inteligence] and people with Sun conj. Uranus... people, to who I find lends a very insightful natural understanding of cosmic forces.
...Other than the Pluto conj. Asc. aspect I'm not up to speed on house placement...although I'm sure there is added weight to the analysis by the utilization in analysis.

...[to the above: I've also Pluto conj. M.C. and that also confers a sensitivity to understanding the underlying forces in the Universe...Sarkoian and Ackers Handbook, although not highly regarded, I, personally, have found to give most insightful understanding to the metaphysical and paranormal attributes conferred by Astrological aspects....the above are all examples of their analysis].

MamaMinnee

freedomlover said:
.....Some call me a genius - some call me an idiot, some call me crazy - some just don't call me.:D
Adding on... I have Mercury retrograde in exalted Virgo in the 11th house of Aquarius... with Sagittarius and intercepted Capricorn ruling the the third house... Sun conjunt Pluto in Virgo is my Mercury Uranus midpoint...

freedomlover

Originally Posted by freedomlover
.....Some call me a genius - some call me an idiot, some call me crazy - some just don't call me.:D
Adding on... I have Mercury retrograde in exalted Virgo in the 11th house of Aquarius... with Sagittarius and intercepted Capricorn ruling the the third house... Sun conjunt Pluto in Virgo is my Mercury Uranus midpoint...

MamaMinnee,

I'm not sure I understand your point, in connection with what I wrote. My point was that - yeah, there are some flashes of genius here and there - but also alot of scorn, mental anguish, and messed-up communications with others. (and my Sag/Cap emphasis trying to make a joke of it)

FL