why is communication soooo hard for me? mercury aquarius in 12th house

peacelover

I can barely speak with anyone. and even if i do speak they dont understand what i am saying. i had speech problems since my childhood. its very hard for me to express myself. i hate this about myself. people often misunderstand my silence as rudeness. whenever there is silence in the room, i feel so nervous because i feel i have to speak something, but i dont have anything appropriate to say, so i dont. sometimes people speak to me and i just listen to them and when i dont reply them back, they think iam being rude to them. whenever i say something, i sound really nervous and stupid. even when i see my therapist, i write down my problems on a paper, but when i say it to her i talk in a really nervous and confusing way. thankfully she understands me. but for others its hard. i speak very little and also sometimes i dont understand what others are saying. is it because of mercury in 12th house too?

-could you describe mercury aspects of my chart? (is it badly aspected)
-what kind of career is good for people with mercury in 12th house like me?
-what is the purpose of mercury in 12th house?

Attachments

• birth chart.jpg
    birth chart.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

serafin5

I can barely speak with anyone. and even if i do speak they dont understand what i am saying. i had speech problems since my childhood. its very hard for me to express myself. i hate this about myself. people often misunderstand my silence as rudeness. whenever there is silence in the room, i feel so nervous because i feel i have to speak something, but i dont have anything appropriate to say, so i dont. sometimes people speak to me and i just listen to them and when i dont reply them back, they think iam being rude to them. whenever i say something, i sound really nervous and stupid. even when i see my therapist, i write down my problems on a paper, but when i say it to her i talk in a really nervous and confusing way. thankfully she understands me. but for others its hard. i speak very little and also sometimes i dont understand what others are saying. is it because of mercury in 12th house too?

Hello Peacelover! I was intrigued by your post because I also have Mercury in Aquarius, but in the 3rd Hse (Placidus), or 4th Hse (Whole-Sign). I was painfully shy as a child and still shy as a grown women, and it has taken so much time and experience to get to a place of confidence, assertiveness and generally not giving a **ck of what people think anymore!!!
However, there are still times where it seems I'm a bit slow to retort in times of confrontation. I stuttered a bit when younger and still get a bit tongue-tied now but am self-taught bi-ligual and generally gifted in learning languages! So go figure, LOL!

Using the "search" function here at AW you can get excellent descriptions about our Mercury placements, the role of Mercury through the Signs as well as the 3rd and 6th house that planet rules. There are some really great Astrology sites that explain these descriptions as well such as CafeAstrology, Astrotheme, and Skyscript! It's just so much to type here!

As far as your 12th hse with the Sun and Mercury deposited there I believe can make one a bit secretive but also with Pisces on the Ascendant can cause shyness. I should know since my bday is right on the cusp (2-19) but alas a 0deg Pisces Sun (with 3 personal planets in Aquarius though)!

My opinion is that Mercury is comfortable in Aquarius and is well-placed but I know my thoughts race much faster than my tongue!!

Hope I helped!:joyful:
Serafin 5

Last edited:

peacelover

Hello Peacelover! I was intrigued by your post because I also have Mercury in Aquarius, but in the 3rd Hse (Placidus), or 4th Hse (Whole-Sign). I was painfully shy as a child and still shy as a grown women, and it has taken so much time and experience to get to a place of confidence, assertiveness and generally not giving a **ck of what people think anymore!!!
However, there are still times where it seems I'm a bit slow to retort in times of confrontation. I stuttered a bit when younger and still get a bit tongue-tied now but am self-taught bi-ligual and generally gifted in learning languages! So go figure, LOL!

Using the "search" function here at AW you can get excellent descriptions about our Mercury placements, the role of Mercury through the Signs as well as the 3rd and 6th house that planet rules. There are some really great Astrology sites that explain these descriptions as well such as CafeAstrology, Astrotheme, and Skyscript! It's just so much to type here!

As far as your 12th hse with the Sun and Mercury deposited there I believe can make one a bit secretive but also with Pisces on the Ascendant can cause shyness. I should know since my bday is right on the cusp (2-19) but alas a 0deg Pisces Sun.

My opinion is that Mercury is comfortable in Aquarius and is well-placed but I know my thoughts race much faster than my tongue!!

Hope I helped!:joyful:
Serafin 5

hey serafin5, thanks!!! :) :) :)
i did read the descriptions on some sites about aquarius mercury in 12th house. well i was just curious about how it is placed in my chart. but thanks, i will search AW for more descriptions on mercury placements. :)
wow thats a great placement you have (aquarius mercury in 3rd house). you must be very communicative!!!

Last edited:

serafin5

hey serafin5, thanks!!! :) :) :)
i did read the descriptions on some sites about aquarius mercury in 12th house. well i was just curious about how it is placed in my chart. but thanks, i will search AW for more descriptions on mercury placements. :)
wow thats a great placement you have (aquarius mercury in 3rd house). you must be very communicative!!!

I can be but generally on the quiet side. I'm a bit of a late bloomer; I have to thoroughly digest info and I have to be sure too that my response has a ring of truth to it. While I have been a student of Astrology for most of my life, I am shy about doing interpretations. I am working on this. Sorry :unsure:

Blessings to you
Serafin 5

Krewster

Peacelover, your Merc is in a nice 30-60-30 triangle with Sat and has no challenging aspects (other than a 5 min tight orbed undecile to Pluto which in my familiars does not indicate your mentioned behavior/experiences)...
so looking at other aspects to better represent your issues, the Moon appears challenged (since it triangulates the Uran 45 Pluto into a semi-octile based config).
Wondering if the Moon could somehow be involved in these issues.

Hello,

I think it can be because your Mercury is squaring the Third House, which is the house of communications. Moreover, Saturn is in conjunction with Venus, the ruler of your Third House.

Mercury in the Twelfth House means that your mind is curious or occupied with things related to the subconscious, reincarnation, unseen, prisons, vices. It can also represent secret enemies.

Hope I could have been of some help.
Peace.

peacelover

Peacelover, your Merc is in a nice 30-60-30 triangle with Sat and has no challenging aspects (other than a 5 min tight orbed undecile to Pluto which in my familiars does not indicate your mentioned behavior/experiences)...
so looking at other aspects to better represent your issues, the Moon appears challenged (since it triangulates the Uran 45 Pluto into a semi-octile based config).
Wondering if the Moon could somehow be involved in these issues.

wow, ok so my moon is challenged. i always felt that my moon might the problem. i absolutely hate that placement in my chart.
Thank you so so much Krewster! Helps a lot! :)

peacelover

Hello,

I think it can be because your Mercury is squaring the Third House, which is the house of communications. Moreover, Saturn is in conjunction with Venus, the ruler of your Third House.

Mercury in the Twelfth House means that your mind is curious or occupied with things related to the subconscious, reincarnation, unseen, prisons, vices. It can also represent secret enemies.

Hope I could have been of some help.
Peace.

Redgreenstar Thanks for helping :)
wow, i can relate to what you said about the subconscious mind. but "secret enemies" part is quite scary :sad:

Hi peacelover,
It's not meant to scare you, and, in any case, "forewarned is forearmed". The 7th House is the house of open enemies while the 12th is the one of secret enemies. This is a problematic house that some astrologers call "garbage bin". Perhaps only Jupiter placed in the 12th House works well, like a "guardian angel"; otherwise, planets placed in the 12th can be rather problematic.

Krewster

Glad you could resonate with the Moon aspects being more indicative than the Merc aspects of your mentioned behavior/experiences.

Your Moon's "placement" about which you feel discontent means the sign...?

Or, perhaps more about its "red" triangle with Uran and Pluto (suggesting calm emotional states are often replaced with clutch, cramp intensity from which no exit seems presented) coupled with its stray undecile to Jup (4 min tight orbed), about which your guess will be as good as anyone's.

Dunno, but hopefully, focusing on each of Jup, Uran and Pluto from your Moon's viewpoint (to more clearly label each influence) may result in an increased self mastery for purposes of unwinding some of the mentioned issues.

sworm09

Mercury is in the 12th house, cadent and in aversion to the Ascendant. Mercury tries but is in a place where he can't be heard. Mercury is helped through being received by his ruler Saturn who is in his triplicity. Mercury-Saturn gives reserved, measured communication and it promises hard work being required in this field. Saturn dominates this sextile, inclining toward reserve over speech.

Meanwhile Mercury is sextile Mars, making the mind sharp, though with Saturn there's difficulty in expressing it.

The key to this configuration is with Saturn forcing you to be careful and responsible with what you say and when you say it, often involving fear and anxiety. It urges listening rather than speaking. I'm not saying that it's easy or it's your fault and it most certainly doesn't make you stupid or rude.

You mentioned writing, I'd stick with that is I were you. Writing often involves a level of deliberation that speech doesn't allow for. You start talking and you're often thinking on your feet, but when you write you have time to plan and organize, showing your sharp perceptiveness. That's Saturn-Mercury at work. Run with it.

peacelover

Hi peacelover,
It's not meant to scare you, and, in any case, "forewarned is forearmed". The 7th House is the house of open enemies while the 12th is the one of secret enemies. This is a problematic house that some astrologers call "garbage bin". Perhaps only Jupiter placed in the 12th House works well, like a "guardian angel"; otherwise, planets placed in the 12th can be rather problematic.

hey redgreenstar thanks. you're right, i guess the whole astrology concept is about being forewarned. and thanks to people like you who share the knowledge with others. :) :) :)

peacelover

Glad you could resonate with the Moon aspects being more indicative than the Merc aspects of your mentioned behavior/experiences.

Your Moon's "placement" about which you feel discontent means the sign...?

Or, perhaps more about its "red" triangle with Uran and Pluto (suggesting calm emotional states are often replaced with clutch, cramp intensity from which no exit seems presented) coupled with its stray undecile to Jup (4 min tight orbed), about which your guess will be as good as anyone's.

Dunno, but hopefully, focusing on each of Jup, Uran and Pluto from your Moon's viewpoint (to more clearly label each influence) may result in an increased self mastery for purposes of unwinding some of the mentioned issues.

Thank you very much :) :) :)

peacelover

Mercury is in the 12th house, cadent and in aversion to the Ascendant. Mercury tries but is in a place where he can't be heard. Mercury is helped through being received by his ruler Saturn who is in his triplicity. Mercury-Saturn gives reserved, measured communication and it promises hard work being required in this field. Saturn dominates this sextile, inclining toward reserve over speech.

Meanwhile Mercury is sextile Mars, making the mind sharp, though with Saturn there's difficulty in expressing it.

The key to this configuration is with Saturn forcing you to be careful and responsible with what you say and when you say it, often involving fear and anxiety. It urges listening rather than speaking. I'm not saying that it's easy or it's your fault and it most certainly doesn't make you stupid or rude.

You mentioned writing, I'd stick with that is I were you. Writing often involves a level of deliberation that speech doesn't allow for. You start talking and you're often thinking on your feet, but when you write you have time to plan and organize, showing your sharp perceptiveness. That's Saturn-Mercury at work. Run with it.

Thanks sworm09, very helpful :) :) :) I've always felt comfortable with writing, rather than speaking.