All Traditional Planets Peregrine

dr. farr

I have long since, simply combined essentials+accidentals, and used the net to make estimations regarding each planet's potentials...

CactusLand

Hi Cactusland!

I noticed too that you are a triple Gemini and some of your comments about yourself and chart were telling as I have never met a person with that configuration before. Maybe like being a kinda human alarm clock? :biggrin: I promise I'm not making fun of you. I have a distant relative who is a triple Scorpio and boy was she fun! And I have met here a triple Pisces and a triple Leo. I just thought I would mention it to you and if you had any words of wisdom about that.

Thank you and God bless.
S5

Hi S5,

I see you are (maybe) near another one of my favorite Gemini's in the "high desert of the great American Southwest", Art Bell. He, for me, is consummate Gemini. Sun, Mercury and MC... but yes, I am Gemini on steroids, Sun, Moon, Asc, and Mercury in first house, ruler of my chart. I did the scoring for Almuten of chart once, it was ridiculous, Mercury one by a landslide. You won't be surprised to find out I have a tatoo of the Mercury glyph on my shoulder.

In a nutshell, I think I am the most curious person I have ever met, I am interested in almost everything, nothing bores me, ideas fascinate me, as does language. Too bad I was born with Mercury in Cancer and that blasted Saturn square to Mercury, or I would have been a famous writer ...I must sound like Marlon Brando.. ha ha. But I love being a Gemini, and Mercury is my lord and master. Of course, we super Geminis have our bad side, and I have done my share of shady dealings.. Another wonderful thing about being so Gemini, is that I can always see the other guys point of view, it is natural for me..the bad side of that is I can, at will, play the devils advocate to annoy people.

One boss told me I was an idea machine... bad side of that it, longevity.. the passion for an idea lasts until I feel like I have a basic understanding of it. That is why I think I love astrology so much, you never really feel like 'you got it', it is inherently elusive, and that is why I think I found my calling in the esoteric arts, as soon as you get close enough to say, "i got it", it slips out of your hands.

Talking about Scorpions like your cousin the triple Scorpion, another almost triple scorpion is one of my heroes, Terence Mckenna, Sun, Asc, Jupiter and Venus in Scorpio, and boy was he fun.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...z2X-sKO8zyT1VFnN7zRRcbbeKomjDphNQQNL2OP0yvOZk

Is there a place on the forum to post charts of people like Mckenna and start a thread on interpretations? I think it would be really interesting to hear different points of view on his chart. I think a lot of people here are probably into him, and he was very open to astrology, alchemy and of course the shrooms!!!

That last paragraph was very triple Gemini.. ha ha..

Best,

CactusLand

CactusLand

Currently, my perspective is that if the planets have no dignities, their favourable influences on the native is diminished; to some extent, their natural strength is lowered as well.

Reading Firmicus and many posts by Schmidt and other people made me realise that there is certainly more to the matter than essential dignities.

The main concern is with the malefics; benefic planets, even when essentially undignified, will still provide good things (unless they are debilitated horizonally and heliacally as well), although the favourability of the provision is lessened. Malefic planets, when undignified, especially when maltreated, will destroy the native's life indiscriminately.

Tentatively, you do not want undignified malefics on the angles dominating the degree of life and/or the givers of life, and be maltreated without being bonified or dominated by a benefic in return. But placing them in the 6th or 12th is also dangerous; they will be activated when they rule over the times. It's a matter of balance, I guess.

Thankfully, both of your malefics are placed in the 5th and 11th; they do not aspect the Ascendant as strongly, nor are they dejected. The issue is mainly the affliction of Mercury, the ascendant lord and significator of the soul, by Saturn. Do you suffer from depression, and have you ever had falls from height?

I don't know if it is relevant, but I have a well-placed and elevated Saturn but maltreated by the Sun, and I have chronic depression (though not too serious) and in my teens, I have suffered falls from stairs quite a number of times.

So far I have only seen one chart with no essential dignities whatsoever (I use Maternus's terms, which is similar to Dorothean terms), and the person had dominating malefics. He was a master of feigned appearances (Saturn), and eventually became a serial murderer (Mars) to keep up his appearances: Jean-Claude Romand Mystery Chart

Hi Larxene,

Thanks for the comments, very interesting. Glad to see I am in good company,, ha h Yes, I have a tendency toward being slightly depressed, but I keep it in check, I would say it is more like dysthymia. And remember, people who are bit depressed score much higher on aptitude tests, seems that mindset helps ones perception. But as I have gotten older, I realized that having a spiritual life, a liturgy (in my case astrology, Tarot and other esoteric arts), a rich intellectual life, and not drinking too much, can really keep that darn Saturn from taking over.

Knock on wood, no bad fall from heights, but I have a terrible fear of heights, and a recurring dream of a plane crash... maybe some connection there?

One question, you say, "(unless they are debilitated horizonally and heliacally as well)" I don't follow you there, could you explain that?

As having all, or almost all of my planets peregrine, I have definitely felt a lack of strength, or favorable influences from the benefics, and certainly some real problems with that Mars...he is not a happy Mars... but, in a way, I have tapped into that unhappy, justice crazed Mars in Libra through my political writing. Some of those articles do sound a bit like a crazed Mars in Libra... keep in mind, the trine to the Sun from Mars is very tight, 6 seconds. Those type of articles, a few of which have had a pretty wide distribution, I think are an interesting example of how one can harness some of that type of energy... beats the hell out of becoming a serial killer.. ha ha..

Thanks again for your thoughts

Best,

Cactusland

serafin5

Hi S5,

I see you are (maybe) near another one of my favorite Gemini's in the "high desert of the great American Southwest", Art Bell. He, for me, is consummate Gemini. Sun, Mercury and MC... but yes, I am Gemini on steroids, Sun, Moon, Asc, and Mercury in first house, ruler of my chart. I did the scoring for Almuten of chart once, it was ridiculous, Mercury one by a landslide. You won't be surprised to find out I have a tatoo of the Mercury glyph on my shoulder.

In a nutshell, I think I am the most curious person I have ever met, I am interested in almost everything, nothing bores me, ideas fascinate me, as does language. Too bad I was born with Mercury in Cancer and that blasted Saturn square to Mercury, or I would have been a famous writer ...I must sound like Marlon Brando.. ha ha. But I love being a Gemini, and Mercury is my lord and master. Of course, we super Geminis have our bad side, and I have done my share of shady dealings.. Another wonderful thing about being so Gemini, is that I can always see the other guys point of view, it is natural for me..the bad side of that is I can, at will, play the devils advocate to annoy people.

One boss told me I was an idea machine... bad side of that it, longevity.. the passion for an idea lasts until I feel like I have a basic understanding of it. That is why I think I love astrology so much, you never really feel like 'you got it', it is inherently elusive, and that is why I think I found my calling in the esoteric arts, as soon as you get close enough to say, "i got it", it slips out of your hands.

Talking about Scorpions like your cousin the triple Scorpion, another almost triple scorpion is one of my heroes, Terence Mckenna, Sun, Asc, Jupiter and Venus in Scorpio, and boy was he fun.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...z2X-sKO8zyT1VFnN7zRRcbbeKomjDphNQQNL2OP0yvOZk

Is there a place on the forum to post charts of people like Mckenna and start a thread on interpretations? I think it would be really interesting to hear different points of view on his chart. I think a lot of people here are probably into him, and he was very open to astrology, alchemy and of course the shrooms!!!

That last paragraph was very triple Gemini.. ha ha..

Best,

CactusLand

LOL you crack me up! No I'm not surprised that you have a mercury glyph as a tattoo, nor am I surprised that you are a person of ideas either. And while it can be fun being you the really worst thing for you other than a general restlessness is probably boredom, right? Your wife must be an incredible women as you married her, I imagine, and I assume she is super smart like yourself. So true that astrology never gets old dull or boring; I'm the eternal student!

Dr. Farr posted that yes if you go to the sub-forum called the "celebrity forum" you can post the charts of the infamous triple Gemini and Scorpio people you are familiar with as a "thumbnail" chart. And there are easy directions (sorta easy) for the download at the Natal charts forum too. I will be looking forward to these charts from you, I hope, in the near future, ok? So interesting and fun finding a triple Gemini!!!

God bless
Serafin5

Larxene

...people who are bit depressed score much higher on aptitude tests, seems that mindset helps ones perception.

It does seem that Melancholics have an aptitude for studying, due to the retentive and ruminating nature of their minds.

An aptly written article about this is available here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/melancholy.html

...But as I have gotten older, I realized that having a spiritual life, a liturgy (in my case astrology, Tarot and other esoteric arts), a rich intellectual life, and not drinking too much, can really keep that darn Saturn from taking over...

Well, Saturn is of the sect in favour, in the place of a sect-mate and in a favourable house, so he tends to be more favourable to you, except that he is maltreated somewhat by Mars through the opposition. Mars does not outright harm his own houses though. Spirituality, religious actions, and an intellectual life; all this is partly due to Saturn being the Lord of the 9th.

As for the drinking issue, I think that is due to Mars; being in the house of pleasure it may cause impulsive and short bursts of over-indulgence. You may find yourself suddenly wanting to drink and/or eat and end up overdoing it, but as Libra is a moveable sign, it is not chronic but rather episodic.

...Knock on wood, no bad fall from heights, but I have a terrible fear of heights, and a recurring dream of a plane crash... maybe some connection there?

Saturn's domicile in the 9th allows him to affect your dreams.

...One question, you say, "(unless they are debilitated horizonally and heliacally as well)" I don't follow you there, could you explain that?

That means, unless they are also in a bad house and invisible or retrograde.

...beats the hell out of becoming a serial killer.. ha ha..

Well, even when both charts are similarly devoid of dignities, that does not mean it will produce the same results :) In Romand's case his Saturn and Mars was dominating the significator of the self and the soul, creating all kinds of problems.

EDIT:

I was thinking about your statement of the probability of having a chart with all undignified planets. Below is a very rough calculation, not taking into account trigon lords (because I am not sure whether to choose one or all three lords) and also not accounting for the fact that Venus and Mercury's apparent motion are dependent on the Sun. It is also faulty because the planets have irregular motion; they do not travel around the Sun at a fixed rate.

Probability of the planets being undignified (all dignities except triplicity):

P(Saturn) = 198/360

P(Jupiter) = 182/360

P(Mars) = 223/360

P(Sun) = 260/360

P(Venus) = 196/360

P(Mercury) = 205/360

P(Moon) = 270/360

Multiply all seven together, P(all planets undignified) = 0.02892 (4 s.f.)

If we add trigon lords into it, the probability will decrease even further. I suppose your approximation was right :)

Last edited:

CactusLand

It does seem that Melancholics have an aptitude for studying, due to the retentive and ruminating nature of their minds.

An aptly written article about this is available here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/melancholy.html

Well, Saturn is of the sect in favour, in the place of a sect-mate and in a favourable house, so he tends to be more favourable to you, except that he is maltreated somewhat by Mars through the opposition. Mars does not outright harm his own houses though. Spirituality, religious actions, and an intellectual life; all this is partly due to Saturn being the Lord of the 9th.

As for the drinking issue, I think that is due to Mars; being in the house of pleasure it may cause impulsive and short bursts of over-indulgence. You may find yourself suddenly wanting to drink and/or eat and end up overdoing it, but as Libra is a moveable sign, it is not chronic but rather episodic.

Saturn's domicile in the 9th allows him to affect your dreams.

That means, unless they are also in a bad house and invisible or retrograde.

Well, even when both charts are similarly devoid of dignities, that does not mean it will produce the same results :) In Romand's case his Saturn and Mars was dominating the significator of the self and the soul, creating all kinds of problems.

EDIT:

I was thinking about your statement of the probability of having a chart with all undignified planets. Below is a very rough calculation, not taking into account trigon lords (because I am not sure whether to choose one or all three lords) and also not accounting for the fact that Venus and Mercury's apparent motion are dependent on the Sun. It is also faulty because the planets have irregular motion; they do not travel around the Sun at a fixed rate.

Probability of the planets being undignified (all dignities except triplicity):

P(Saturn) = 198/360

P(Jupiter) = 182/360

P(Mars) = 223/360

P(Sun) = 260/360

P(Venus) = 196/360

P(Mercury) = 205/360

P(Moon) = 270/360

Multiply all seven together, P(all planets undignified) = 0.02892 (4 s.f.)

If we add trigon lords into it, the probability will decrease even further. I suppose your approximation was right :)

Hi Larxene,

Very interesting and clear analysis. I think we all appreciate you sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

Best,

CL