Golden Yod

Rasasifi

Do you think fixed stars to be valid in golden yod? Like Gemini Aldebaran 9 degrees, Pisces Chiron 28 degrees, Leo Jupiter 22 degrees
Thank you

sibylline

Opinions vary on this. I don't personally consider anything other than planets in any chart formations (yod, t-square, grand trine, etc).

Rasasifi

thank you for this, I personally feel this, was felt since a child. And now adult age discovers Aldebaran it all makes sense for me.

waybread

What is a golden yod?

I agree with sibylline. I use only actual planets in chart patterns like the yod.

Otherwise it's too easy to make the chart mean whatever we want.

Rasasifi

thanks for that. It is not like that I want to make my chart mean whatever I want. It was like I said clearing to me things out some of the feelings thru my life with many other aspects in my chart. Globally meaning it is definitely something. Indicates what is the conscious collective to do in the future (people with these aspects). On an internal level, I figured out my own influences

Humanitarian

What is a golden yod?

I agree with sibylline. I use only actual planets in chart patterns like the yod.

Otherwise it's too easy to make the chart mean whatever we want.
A golden yod is like a yod but the quincunx become the biquintile and the sextile become the quintile

waybread

Rasafi, if viewing your chart in a particular way gives more meaning to your life and makes you a stronger person, for sure, use it.

Generally the fixed stars are used in connection with an actual planet or chart angle. Then you need a super-narrow orb. Maybe check them out with midpoints or major asteroids.

The so-called fixed stars do move, but very slowly from our geocentric perspective. It's about one degree every 72 years. So you would have fixed star positions in common with most people on the planet.

My attitude is to start with the major planets, angles, and aspects. Get a good sense of them-- and don't sell them short. Planets have a lot of meanings that don't pop up in popular astrology sites and books. Then you're in a better position to look at fixed stars.

An astro-expert on them is Bernadette Brady-- Google her and see what comes up.

leomoon

An astro-expert on them is Bernadette Brady-- Google her and see what comes up.
When I started promoting and writing about the Fixed Stars everywhere i could as I was very excited about their value in astrology work; no one was using them or very few Astrologers. Others would argue that if they were connected to planets would try to tell you they don't count. Even William Lily used them religiously., especially certain ones including the Persian Royal Stars.

Bernadette Brady was one of those people who argued against use with planets, but since then, and after the late Astrologer Rosenberg's book and her work on them all those years via personal examination (always the best way) , she apparently changed her mind.

That was good to see, because everyone can learn once we apply ourselves and open our minds to examine them ourselves, they are hard to deny. Back then she was only promoting the Parans period.

But as for the OP question, - I'd not consider any of the aspect formations except with the Planets. That makes more sense to me (imo) But then again, since she did not change this page, perhaps she still only considers the Parans stars.

http://www.bernadettebrady.com/research.html

Fixed Stars in Astrology - by the turning of the earth

My work in fixed stars is focused on using parans
I know I had a knock down drag out (just j/k of course), debate when I started promoting the fixed stars with the planets with astronomer/scientist/owner Alois. He insisted that Algol was not to be counted because it is below the Ecliptic. We also disagreed heartily on the Vedic Sidereal astrology worth & value, but eventually he came around on his forum pages. I'm talking years ago.

I think he too has changed his tune. That was a while back,,...and after all, he has Algol rising in his natal chart. :innocent: Being a public figure, it's online and easily seen.

Last edited:

leomoon

thanks for that. It is not like that I want to make my chart mean whatever I want. It was like I said clearing to me things out some of the feelings thru my life with many other aspects in my chart. Globally meaning it is definitely something. Indicates what is the conscious collective to do in the future (people with these aspects). On an internal level, I figured out my own influences

Astro-Manda speaks here of the Yods, and a commenter has a Gold Yod.
She posts Malala's chart the Pakistani girl who won the Nobel Peace Prize and her two yods.

I have one Yod I can define, and I really do agree with the writings that they infer fate to the highest extent.

http://www.astromanda.com/yod-in-astrology-a-karmic-pattern/

Humanitarian

Do you think fixed stars to be valid in golden yod? Like Gemini Aldebaran 9 degrees, Pisces Chiron 28 degrees, Leo Jupiter 22 degrees
Thank you
No. We only use planets and also very important points and also luminaries for golden yods( only can use (
:sun::moon::mercury::venus::mars::jupiter::saturn::uranus::neptune::pluto: and these are planets and luminaries) and Ascendant/Rising)

Last edited: