Help, Bucket Shaped Chart

chart.jpg

I've been studying astrology for a little over a decade and I'm always learning new things! I've known that I have a bucket shaped chart for a while now but never looked too much into it.

You can probably tell from my chart that I'm very career oriented, I'm a full time artist. I also have an interest in music, beatboxing in particular. I'm also Buddhist and am looking forward to traveling for my practice after COVID to different monasteries. Mercury seems to be prominent in my chart and I've been thinking that having Gemini in Mars may help with getting quick beatbox sequences down, (I'm still a beginner). I've been told I have a way with words and am very quick in an argument- though I don't like to argue!

Anyways, if anyone can lend any insight on the bucket shaped chart and having the handle in the seventh house (in Mars/Gemini) I'd appreciate it. Please know also that I'm not really a relationship person as I'd rather focus my time on career and personal development. This is what is tripping me up having the "handle" in the house of partnerships. Isn't the handle where I should be focusing my energy? I'm confused.

Attachments

• mychart.jpg
    mychart.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

katydid

Anyways, if anyone can lend any insight on the bucket shaped chart and having the handle in the seventh house (in Mars/Gemini) I'd appreciate it. Please know also that I'm not really a relationship person as I'd rather focus my time on career and personal development. This is what is tripping me up having the "handle" in the house of partnerships. Isn't the handle where I should be focusing my energy? I'm confused.

I can see why you might feel confused about your 7th house. There are 3 placements in your 7th, and they are contradictory to each other in some ways.

Mars, Juno and the South Node are all together in late Gemini in your 7th, and part of the funnel to your Bucket chart. But each of them has their own specific energy and 7th house needs, and they don’t easily mesh with each other.

And they are greatly emphasised in the chart because of that funnel position.

We can start by looking at the Bucket pattern here. MOST of your chart is in the Eastern hemisphere And is nicely aspected with several trines and sextiles.

So you have the enviable ability to make things happen, even when under stress and pressure that would overwhelm most people. You have the ability to pave your own way. You’re highly independent, intelligent and perceptive—but you may also be impatient with people who can’t seem to call the shots the way you can.

In a bucket pattern, the handle or funnel, is extremely powerful. It becomes the focus of the chart. Because its needs are always paramount, Marc Edmund Jones compared that lone planet to a ‘toothache.’ It commands attention—and it hurts. By sign and by house, it acts as a counterweight to the rest of the chart.

Your toothache is in the Western Hemisphere.

Western funnel=you’re more dependent on circumstances than you want to be and/or appear to be.

It falls in your 7th:You may need to be more opportunistic and spontaneous, especially in terms of partnerships. When upset, you may feel that you must bend to the demands of others in order to succeed.And that makes you feel uncomfortable.

So your handle falls in the 7th and is made up of three components:Mars, So Node and Juno.

This is where the confusion comes in…Mars and Juno are very different animals.

Juno=
Bonding, partnership, royalty, queen, leadership, conception, union, pregnancy, birth, attentiveness, values,*loyalty*

Mars= Independent, Life force, Animal instincts, Masculinity,
Passion, Physical energy, Courage, Goal-oriented, Action, Aggression
Initiative, Survival instinct

So those two placements in Gemini have to try and merge even though they are almost polar opposites. And then we add in the South Node.

South Node=
The familiar, Our comfort Zone, Our instincts, Where we came from, What we already know….

Yikes, more COMPLEXITY in your 7th house. I find it so interesting because of the contra-indications.

Mars being in the 7th, and being the funnel planet, at first blush I would say you are ’supposed’ to be putting energy into personal relations and partnerships and learning to accept love and romance, but without having to make a formal commitment, since there is a strong need for independence.

And yet Juno there is a vote for love and union and a stable commitment which could give you a strong foundation.

But then the South Node checks in and seems to imply that you already checked those boxes in previous incarnations. And you are capable of having a relationship if you desire, but your north Node in Sag in the first is asking you to focus on your own SPIRITUAL quest and progress. North Node in Sag requires travel and research and learning about other cultures and religions in this lifetime. :sideways:

So it seems that you already figured that out. :innocent:

You are still very young. Perhaps there will be a pivot at some point and your perfect Juno partner will appear, and the focus will shift...:whistling:

Wow, you really went in on it, thank you! That was another thing I was confused about- the south node aspect and considering past lives.

I'm also new to Juno. Does Juno enbody my perfect mate or is that just 7th house in general which tells of that?

This makes me feel like I should get my chart professionally read. I always thought the highlight of my chart was involving my 9th and 10th house. The way that my rising sign is ruled by Jupiter and many planets are in the 9th house seemed important. My mother also had Sag rising/mercury and my grandmother was a Sag sun. However, now it seems like the important thing to focus on is my 7th house! I really wanna use my chart to know what I need to work on and where I should focus my attention in life. You mentioned that I'm young which made me feel pretty good, lol, because I feel like my life is going by too quickly without me making any impact on the world.

katydid

Wow, you really went in on it, thank you! That was another thing I was confused about- the south node aspect and considering past lives.

I'm also new to Juno. Does Juno enbody my perfect mate or is that just 7th house in general which tells of that?

This makes me feel like I should get my chart professionally read. I always thought the highlight of my chart was involving my 9th and 10th house. The way that my rising sign is ruled by Jupiter and many planets are in the 9th house seemed important. My mother also had Sag rising/mercury and my grandmother was a Sag sun. However, now it seems like the important thing to focus on is my 7th house! I really wanna use my chart to know what I need to work on and where I should focus my attention in life. You mentioned that I'm young which made me feel pretty good, lol, because I feel like my life is going by too quickly without me making any impact on the world.

Separately from your 7th house, Juno still embodies 'your perfect mate.' So having it land in your 7th is pretty special. :love:

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-d...t-reveals-about-who-youll-end-up-with-8137609
Juno meaning in natal chart:
First and foremost, Juno is the zodiac sign of marriage and commitment. In Roman and Greek mythology, Juno was the wife of Jupiter (aka Zeus), and she was hailed for her unbreakable loyalty to her husband. She's also responsible for the pairing of soulmates and her feminine hands are behind every marriage that occurs.

Your 9th is very important, I agree with you. But it doesn't mean that you need to overlook the 7th. There is a powerful emphasis there as well. It does seem like having a professional chart reading would be a great benefit.