Algol during 2022

psychoEclipse

Friends,
This is just a suggestion, an offering.
How might it be if we discussed how Algol works in charts and refrained from discussion of religion, morality, ethics and who is right or wrong in those arenas?
That way an interesting and perhaps illuminating conversation can open up of for us all?
That's what I wanted to do since 2-3 posts, actually. I hate to repeat myself over and over.

Algol is interesting because it can mean both doing OR receive its effects, which ranges from an extreme and evident sexuality with hysterical tendencies and strong passions, to a violent death or murder, violence and catastrophes. It's strongly connected to the head, thus it can lead to traumas there, like insanity (mentally) or death from beheading, shotgun and alike (physically).

Based on what kind of aspects it creates with other objects it shows such concepts towards others or yourself; with Neptune it can be a strong indicator of madness, a brutal one, just to make an example.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Friends,
How might it be if we discussed how Algol works in charts and refrained from discussion of religion, morality, ethics and who is right or wrong in those arenas?
That way an interesting and perhaps illuminating conversation can open up of for us all?

Well, it's mundane also, and I'm wondering about the transits relative to Algol, rather than in specific natal-charts.

All good. There was no suggestion of restricting areas of astrology to discuss.

Opal

Premium Member
A single aspect is not really helpful to understand the nature of Algol in your chart; other planets gives important clues.

Algol on Sun/Descendant can mean many things, even a really bad death...like Gianni Versace; he had Algol on DC and got shot, in the head.

Obviously that's just one possibility, it doesn't mean that it happens to everyone, it depends on how your chart is sorted out.

I never said how any aspect in particular worked. Obviously you are drawing from what you feel, because I haven’t made any conclusions, only pointed out that there is more to any asteroid or fixed star or planet than the generic evil that you would prefer it to represent.

I only stated that that is one of the aspects that I have to it, and that there can be different conclusions drawn.

Opal

Premium Member
It's not my main goal to look for the acceptance of others. I follow myself and what I feel is right to do, no matter what others thinks of me.

If they can accept it, that's nice...but never my existence will lay on being appreciated by others; I desire freedom and that's what I have, while my actions are just a reflection of it. Cages aren't something I want to be in, because flying in the night sky is what makes me alive. It's what makes me...myself.

Hahaha, you are the one that is stating that we should adhere to your scope of reality.

You have your freedom to believe whatever you wish. So do we. I base my beliefs on myths from around the world on any entity and the books that I have, and some of the websites available, but I find books more interesting.

Don’t take our freedoms to discern or believe for ourselves. We are comfortable with your choices based on your amassed reading experiences.

Opal

Premium Member
No, I just find morality what makes humans one of the weakest species in the entire universe.

Nobody will give you a reward for being "good"...remember that, unless you consider soil a worthy gain. Do you ever wondered why humans are full of genetic malformations? Mentally and physically, humans have tons of problems caused by the choice of avoiding natural selection. If you save any individual and make it reproduce, no matter if diseased or not, such problems will carry on until the same genetic mutation happens again...and you know what happens when two recessive mutations meets? They become one active mutation, harmful or useful whatsoever. Since humans saves everyone, every single mutation will likely survive...and that destroys a species. There's a reason for why any other animal let the weaker or sick dies, but humans believes that keeping a malformation is worth it. Destroying a species...to save some individuals? I see it as the stupidest thing you can do.

That's just one of the many reasons I see morality as a dangerous illusion, something that on the long run destroys more than what it saves.

There is no rewards guarantee. Being moral or good offers nothing to anyone for the endeavour, it is personal to each person.

psychoEclipse

I never said how any aspect in particular worked. Obviously you are drawing from what you feel, because I haven’t made any conclusions, only pointed out that there is more to any asteroid or fixed star or planet than the generic evil that you would prefer it to represent.

I only stated that that is one of the aspects that I have to it, and that there can be different conclusions drawn.
Well...for what I saw in the majority of cases Algol shows such concepts in its aspects with other astrological objects, you can interpret it differently from what I associate it with, obviously. When I wrote the previous post it was more about telling you my ideas, but how it affects you...that's something only you can understand.

About the single aspect: it's obvious that more aspects makes a bigger picture more evident, but that just means how looking into the whole thing helps to understand it better. Nothing more.

Hahaha, you are the one that is stating that we should adhere to your scope of reality.

You have your freedom to believe whatever you wish. So do we. I base my beliefs on myths from around the world on any entity and the books that I have, and some of the websites available, but I find books more interesting.

Don’t take our freedoms to discern or believe for ourselves. We are comfortable with your choices based on your amassed reading experiences.
I never said that you should believe what I think is right for myself, yet I'm sincere and when I don't share an idea I'll make you know. That doesn't mean you can't believe what you desire, but I express what I want regardless of your beliefs.

There is no rewards guarantee. Being moral or good offers nothing to anyone for the endeavour, it is personal to each person.
Some individuals expects rewards from being good, no matter what...they feel entitled just for acting that way. It depends on their beliefs.

Last edited:

blackbery

Love this.

For every night, there is a day.

For every ying, there is a yang.

Algol CAN be horrific but CAN be extremely creative, abundant & positive.

Many prominent artists or 'bohemians' have a tight Algol conjunction to an important planet. Frida Kahlo has Moon conjunct Algol.

Hello

I was reviewing charts and realized that every chart that dealt with charity/compassion had algol prominently placed. I am convinced this star also has positive sides to it.

blackbery

Very good example of the 'demon' aspect of Algol working with the Nodes.

The war started in March 2003 with LIES from the USA about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. It was all a pretext to grab the oil in Iraq without paying for it & having US control a large part of the Middle East.

They illegal killed the leader of Iraq, Saddam Hussein & reduced the
country to rubble.

Thousands died because of war crimes perpetrated by the US Military & their allies. Both George Bush & Tony Blair are considered WAR CRIMINALS by the Hague & should both be arrested & executed.

ALGOL at its worst in this time. Children were blown up & killed by the thousands by the US/UK & were considered ' collateral damage' by the demon nations who murdered them.

I think you forgot it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

The actual conjunction started around April 25th, during that time many events related to such war happened.

psychoEclipse

Love this.

For every night, there is a day.

For every ying, there is a yang.

Algol CAN be horrific but CAN be extremely creative, abundant & positive.

Many prominent artists or 'bohemians' have a tight Algol conjunction to an important planet. Frida Kahlo has Moon conjunct Algol.
There's no good or evil, as I explained before...my evil is not the same definition as the evil of others and viceversa.

Destruction is the key for something better to reborn, yet it doesn't mean that what is destroyed is what will reborn.

Very good example of the 'demon' aspect of Algol working with the Nodes.

The war started in March 2003 with LIES from the USA about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. It was all a pretext to grab the oil in Iraq without paying for it & having US control a large part of the Middle East.

They illegal killed the leader of Iraq, Saddam Hussein & reduced the
country to rubble.

Thousands died because of war crimes perpetrated by the US Military & their allies. Both George Bush & Tony Blair are considered WAR CRIMINALS by the Hague & should both be arrested & executed.

ALGOL at its worst in this time. Children were blown up & killed by the thousands by the US/UK & were considered ' collateral damage' by the demon nations who murdered them.
Algol was in an important position, creating strong aspects with other astrological objects, during many catastrophes in human history.

You should check where Algol was during WW2, if you're interested about such topic.

I appreciate the thread psychoEclipse.

Good comments.
Thanks, I appreciate that you understood what I meant almost perfectly.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Friends,

Both George Bush & Tony Blair are considered WAR CRIMINALS by the Hague & should both be arrested & executed.

I believe we formed a consensus to refrain from talking about religion, morality, ethics, right/wrong and focus on deepening our understanding of Algol. Not sure if we still feel that way, but thought I would bring it up to reconsider, so we can avoid being diverted down other paths more suitable for other threads?

blackbery

Tony Blair, who was a co-spirator with George Bush to illegally invade Iraq, called himself a Christian doing 'God's work' while the Uk/US Military blew up innocent civilians, incl children/babies, slaughtered Iraqis by the tens o thousands & destroyed the country which was emerging as a global power with the abundant oil fields.

Blair has Jupiter conjunct Algol, using religion as a means to achieve his demonic agenda.

He could have used his power & creativity to STOP the slaughter but chose to use his powerful Algol energy to 'decapitate' an innocent country & rob it of its natural resources.:sick::sick::sick:

Attachments

• astro_2atw_tony_blair.60451.183217.jpg
    astro_2atw_tony_blair.60451.183217.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 33

blackbery

Please don't try to stifle FREE SPEECH; we have enough of that already.
We are not living in Commie Chyna.

The topic is Algol & I can post about it in whatever context I deem suitable.

Thank you.

I believe we formed a consensus to refrain from talking about religion, morality, ethics, right/wrong and focus on deepening our understanding of Algol. Not sure if we still feel that way, but thought I would bring it up to reconsider, so we can avoid being diverted down other paths more suitable for other threads?

leomoon

I mean what are your sources. I am aware of the stars you mention, because I have books on fixed stars. Some have the ones you mentioned in one book others are of individual stars or asteroids. That’s why I want to know what you are using for a source of your orbs.

Thanks!

The late Diana Rosenberg,
"Ye Olde Fixed Stars" her then web site, studied for many years, and watched the fixed stars in particular of more worthwhile note (from the ancients) - as I did, for years and also wrote a book which is solely about Algol, believing it was worth a title of it's own :w00t:
https://darkstarastrology.com/diana-k-rosenberg/

https://ye-stars.com/WP/

We both agreed along with Wm. Lilly that Algol and some other fixed stars (the Persian Royal stars), deserve a much wider berth, especially for Algol, because of it's ability to do great harm. Sometimes this harm is within, sometimes without. .... I would think it's dependent upon the soul's needs in a particular lifetime, suggesting that not everyone will "Lose their heads:". lol.

For example, in my home, my husband has this fixed star in his 7th house of "committed relationships, and contracts also covered here - ".... He had a terrible time earlier in life, (and me too by osmosis :) with some contracts he signed.
They appeared just fine, but they all came back to haunt him eventually. And yes, Algol, was terrible for him as a 3 degree conjunction with his fated NN . I do believe however, he learned a lot, mainly, not to be so trusting in the business world.

Opal and others wanting more sources: I have more, but it likely would take going back to my own book, and Kindle doesn't allow me to do this, so I'd have to look for my old notes. There ARE many others, but until about 15 y rs ago or so, people held tight to the tighter orbs for every fixed star, except for a minority of astrologers, myself included. Sometimes, you simply have to study on your own, (thousands of charts), and THEN come to one's own determination as the aforementioned have done.

Last edited:

leomoon

IMO, it's very important for all in Astrology work, to be quite aware of the propensity for harm from "some" well known fixed stars, Algol included, BUT, we also need to not be so personal in our work. In other words, just because Algol is prominent in someone's natal chart does not then transfer to the personality of the person. Although it certainly may be the case, in many many cases, it's simply best seen as "really bad luck" in life.

Best not to pre-judge. :wink:
Here is a quote I particuarly liked and agreed with from the late Diana Rosenberg, that I included in my writings because it speaks to what I believe as I just said:

short bio:
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Rosenberg,_Diana_K.

Diana Rosenberg Algol and Soldiers:

“[FONT=Arial, serif]Though it is often found in the horoscopes of criminals, having Algol prominent on a nativity does not necessarily mean one will commit or experience violence, it is rather that one will not be able to remain aloof from that level of human experience and will be led to come to terms with it in some manner. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif]A journalist may be assigned to cover tragedies….a medical student may be assigned to a trauma center (in medicine the treatment of pain is called Algology!), a [/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]soldier witnesses [/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]terrible slaughter, a war veteran suffers flashbacks; an Algol placement compels confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of human experience…Under the influence of Perseus, whose head and arm are here, they desire to make a difference, with [/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]the idea of “rescuing” people,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif] social groups or nations from their ills”. [Diana Rosenberg from her Blog][/FONT]

My husband had been in the U.S. Coast Guard during Vietnam, in the States and not overseas., yet he had to pull many a dead body out of the oceans, and waterways, which changes a person forever., especially when you are young as he was at only 19. His NN cj. Algol 7th hs. opposite Jupiter (planet of good luck) in the 1st house.

I have tons of examples btw. PLEASE, I implore you ALL, try and not "bash people", because they happen to be working on experiences in this lifetime, to their soul's betterment, and have Algol in their natal charts. Astrology is not about slamming others with their natal charts. :( And I've never in all my studies over many decades of the fixed stars, seen Algol work for the happy endings in our charts, rather for learning and sadly sometimes, it can end badly.

Last edited:

leomoon

There is a war somewhere in the world every year, so if we wait long enough, your prediction will come true. So will many other things you didn't predict that are positive or neutral, so how do we connect what does happen first to the lunar nodes, which I've only personally interpreted in a person's natal or synastry charts, and then to fixed stars, in this case Algol, and its aspects to the nodes? How does the Iraq War relate to the mythology of Algol?

The surprise attack on Iraq's sovereignty :

At 5:34 a.m. Baghdad time on 20 March 2003 (9:34 pm, 19 March EST) the surprise[129] military invasion of Iraq began.[130] There was no declaration of war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

Algol does not appear to be relevant in this Event chart, unless it's in parans? But the Kite and the T-Square seem quite relevant to me .

With an apparent magnitude of 2.12, Algol is the second brightest star in Perseus, after Mirfak. It lies at a distance of 90 light years from Earth. In Perseus, Algol marks the head of the Gorgon Medusa, a mythical monster associated with the myth of Perseus, who used her head to turn his enemies to stone.

Looking at all the bright stars over 2 brightness, I don't see Algol anywhere in the heliacal rising or setting stars -

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c1i0file...n_shock_awe_attack_on_iraq_hp.71953.18371.pdf

leomoon

History: WW2

Sept. 1, 1939:

Adolf Hitler orders extermination of mentally ill through the "T4 Euthanasia Program," arguing that wartime "was the best time for the elimination of the incurably ill

Uranus wide conjunction in 12th of major institutions with fixed star Algol. :crying:

The United States, entered WW2 on December 7th, 1941 or as we call it, "Pearl Harbor Day" technically entering the War already in progress

https://www.onthisday.com/photos/pearl-harbor-uss-arizona

psychoEclipse

The surprise attack on Iraq's sovereignty :

At 5:34 a.m. Baghdad time on 20 March 2003 (9:34 pm, 19 March EST) the surprise[129] military invasion of Iraq began.[130] There was no declaration of war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

Algol does not appear to be relevant in this Event chart, unless it's in parans? But the Kite and the T-Square seem quite relevant to me .

With an apparent magnitude of 2.12, Algol is the second brightest star in Perseus, after Mirfak. It lies at a distance of 90 light years from Earth. In Perseus, Algol marks the head of the Gorgon Medusa, a mythical monster associated with the myth of Perseus, who used her head to turn his enemies to stone.

Looking at all the bright stars over 2 brightness, I don't see Algol anywhere in the heliacal rising or setting stars -

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c1i0file...n_shock_awe_attack_on_iraq_hp.71953.18371.pdf
Algol influences is not the same every time, it changes a lot and every aspect can be influencing if connected to other points. During 2003 Algol made several aspects that weren't related to the North Node like 2022 and yet it was exactly during Iraq War. To understand it better the best thing to do is look how Algol moved that whole year, you can't find much by looking at conjunctions to the nodes alone. That's why I consider other aspects too, like trines, oppositions and sextiles.

History: WW2

Sept. 1, 1939:

Adolf Hitler orders extermination of mentally ill through the "T4 Euthanasia Program," arguing that wartime "was the best time for the elimination of the incurably ill

Uranus wide conjunction in 12th of major institutions with fixed star Algol. :crying:

The United States, entered WW2 on December 7th, 1941 or as we call it, "Pearl Harbor Day" technically entering the War already in progress

https://www.onthisday.com/photos/pearl-harbor-uss-arizona
Algol conjunct Uranus was a strong indicator, but if you look where it created aspects like trines it's obvious what it brought...even without knowing the history related to the WW2.