Natal: same birth info diffrent Pluto placement?

Seeker35

Hello there,

I've been a member of these boards for quite some time, I just don't post as I'm still learning astrology.

I use an app on my phone called astro matrix, just to keep my chart with me and check transits etc. Yesterday I was using the website astro seek and ran my chart so I could download it as its a little easier for me to read.

Anyway, I was looking at the astro seek chart and obviously it's almost identical to my astro matrix one, except for the placement of Pluto.

Im the phone app my Pluto is in the 11th house, however, on the astro seek chart it's in the 12th? How can this be? I used exact same birth info for both charts.

Im just a little confused, obviously I've done something wrong, I'm just not sure what. Do I read the astro matrix one with Pluto in 11th? Or is astro seek site correct and my Pluto is actually in the 12th?

Any input would be great :)

Attachments

• horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-15-9-1982_11-30.jpg
    horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-15-9-1982_11-30.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210331-121020.jpg
    Screenshot_20210331-121020.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 22

wilsontc

Staff member
Use astro.com

Seeker,

Your Ascendant is different in the two charts. This indicates a time calculation error caused by putting the wrong time zone in one of the two charts. I suggest using astro.com, which automatically converts the time without requiring you know the correct time zone for the chart.

Differently,

Tim

Seeker35

This is my chart from astro.com as you suggested. It places Pluto in 12th again. So the astro matrix app is incorrect Im guessing. I have 12th house Pluto?

Thank you for your help ❤️

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_lucy.43528.14381.png
    astro_w2gw_lucy.43528.14381.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 32

JUPITERASC

Hello Tim,

Sorry I'm confused, the ascendant is scorpio in both charts?

This is my chart from astro.com as you suggested.

It places Pluto in 12th again.

So the astro matrix app is incorrect Im guessing.

I have 12th house Pluto?
Thank you for your help ❤️
astroseek website software creator
is our member kaktuzz :smile:

if you pm
aka send a private message
to kaktuzz

he'll resolve the mystery
with an informed technological answer to your question

wilsontc

Staff member
degrees are different, to Seeker

I'm confused, the ascendant is scorpio in both charts?

Seeker,

The Ascendant is in a different DEGREE of Scorpio in each chart. This shows that two different charts have been created. The most likely way that happens is if the birth time is correct in both charts but the time ZONE is different. This is a common error in charting sites that require you to calculate and input the correct birth time zone yourself in order to calculate a chart. A better alternative is sites such as astro.com that only require you to enter the birth time and the site calculates the time zone automatically (and correctly).

Yes, you DO have a 12th house Pluto. However, Pluto is VERY CLOSE to the 11th house, so I would say you have Pluto effectively in the 12th house AND the 11th house. This indicates you would identify with both descriptions of Pluto in the 12th house and Pluto in the 11th house.

Following up,

Tim

Last edited:

waybread

Also, it's possible that the two charts are using different house systems. But the ascendant degree is critical.

I've found the free charts at Astrodienst www.astro.com to be accurate-- and easy to read.

wilsontc

Staff member
Ascendants would be the same, to waybread

Also, it's possible that the two charts are using different house systems.

waybread,

Even if the two charts were using different house systems, the Ascendant degree would be identical if the charts were of the same person. Even in whole sign houses, the Ascendant is listed as a separate point in the chart.

Around the house,

Tim

kaktuzz

astroseek website software creator
is our member kaktuzz :smile:

if you pm
aka send a private message
to kaktuzz

he'll resolve the mystery
with an informed technological answer to your question

Hello! kaktuzz here :tongue: :))

I just found the PM about this topic.

I checked all those 3 charts and it seems that Astromatrix screenshot didn't include DST Daylight Saving Time into calculation ... and rendered (+1hour) the wrong chart.

BST - British summer time was in use in Wolverhampton, UK, England in September 15, 1982
=> 11:30am local time should be converted into 10:30am UT/GMT Universal Time ... and all astro calculations shoud be calculated from this 10:30am UT time
=> ASC should be correctly 11°Scorpio and Pluto in the 12th house (Placidus houses)

Astromatrix on the first screenshot shows the wrong 21°Scorpio ASC and wrong Pluto 11th house placement

---

BUT! ... I just entered those birth data into Astromatrix website ... and it gave me the correct ASC 11°Scorpio and Pluto in the 12th house.

= Always double check if you inputted all birth data correctly ... because sometimes the user input might be the issue :)

Attachments

• astromatrix.jpg
    astromatrix.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 25

JUPITERASC

Hello there,

I've been a member of these boards for quite some time, I just don't post as I'm still learning astrology.

I use an app on my phone called astro matrix, just to keep my chart with me and check transits etc. Yesterday I was using the website astro seek and ran my chart so I could download it as its a little easier for me to read.

Anyway, I was looking at the astro seek chart and obviously it's almost identical to my astro matrix one, except for the placement of Pluto.

Im the phone app my Pluto is in the 11th house, however, on the astro seek chart it's in the 12th? How can this be? I used exact same birth info for both charts.

Im just a little confused, obviously I've done something wrong, I'm just not sure what. Do I read the astro matrix one with Pluto in 11th? Or is astro seek site correct and my Pluto is actually in the 12th?

Any input would be great :)

Hello! kaktuzz here :tongue: :))

I just found the PM about this topic.

I checked all those 3 charts and it seems that Astromatrix screenshot didn't include DST Daylight Saving Time into calculation ... and rendered (+1hour) the wrong chart.

BST - British summer time was in use in Wolverhampton, UK, England in September 15, 1982
=> 11:30am local time should be converted into 10:30am UT/GMT Universal Time ... and all astro calculations shoud be calculated from this 10:30am UT time
=> ASC should be correctly 11°Scorpio and Pluto in the 12th house (Placidus houses)

Astromatrix on the first screenshot shows the wrong 21°Scorpio ASC and wrong Pluto 11th house placement

---

BUT! ...

I just entered those birth data into Astromatrix website
... and it gave me the correct ASC 11°Scorpio and Pluto in the 12th house.

= Always double check if you inputted all birth data correctly .

.. because sometimes the user input might be the issue :)

Cheers kaktuzz - many thanks for your detailed expert response :smile: