Will Germany and Britain ever be great again?

Dirius

What if the person you are disagreeing with also bases his response on evidence and also uses the scientific method, and yet the two of you still arrive at radically different conclusions? Are you still always right? Also, what if the debate you are having is not based on matters of fact, but rather, it is philosophical in nature, where facts and evidence are less important (if at all)? Will you still be always right?
Rather hypothetical example.

I am not talking about immigrants in the UK. I am talking about the third-world immigrants as a group.

That is your problem right there. You are placing people into groups that have no connection to one another, other than coming form the same geographical location.

You need to prove the causal relationship, which is what your post implies. You need to prove that the reason these groups succeed in the UK is because they are qualified, more entrepeneurial, have fewer children etc etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_in_the_United_Kingdom
British Sikhs are considered one of the best example of cultural integration in the United Kingdom. A strong work ethic combined with an emphasis on the importance of the family has been the reason why Sikhs have been so successful.

According to the ONS, the national average income for British households is approximately £40,000 before tax. With these values in mind the British Sikh Report 2014 found that Sikh households tend to be affluent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_Kingdom#Position_in_society

According to analysis based on the 2011 census, Muslims in the United Kingdom face poor standards of housing, poorer levels of education and are more vulnerable to long-term illness, and that Muslims in the UK had the highest rate of unemployment, the poorest health, the most disability and fewest educational qualifications among religious groups. The figures were, to some extent, explained by the fact that Muslims were the least well-established group, having the youngest age profile.

In 2011, 24.0 per cent of British Muslims had degree level qualifications, compared to 27.2 per cent of the population as a whole 25.6 per cent of Muslims had no qualifications, compared to the national average of 22.7 per cent.

Again, you need to prove the causal relationship. You need to prove that these things are caused by easy access to welfare and lack of law enforcement. Just because two things happen pretty closely, it does not mean one is caused by another.

Statistically the majority of people emmigrate for economic reasons, seeking better opportunities. Those that fail to achieve economic succes in an area, usually leave (otherwise they die)

However if the state provides you welfare, there isn't a reason to leave.

Dirius

You are speaking about those, who represent a criminal danger. Not all immigrants want to take your money and rape your wife. And no- if they are an enrichment for my country, why I should have any problem with? It's about a risk group of foreigners and that for sure cannot be ignored. We have to distinguish between those who live acknowledged and those who have no perspective. While those with a perspective tend to commit crimes below average, people with no prospect of staying and jobs are frequently than average more criminal.

So, correct me if I am wrong, but you are advocating for tougher laws regarding immigration, right?

wan

Rather hypothetical example.
What are you saying? That those instances happen so rarely that you can safely not address them? Sounds like you are dodging.

That is your problem right there. You are placing people into groups that have no connection to one another, other than coming form the same geographical location.
According to this "logic" of yours, we also cannot group people into Britons, Americans, the Dutch etc etc because they also have no connection to one another other than coming from the same location.

Secondly, please do not tell me that I "have a problem". You are not the arbiter of what is proper and what is not. And also do not tell me what I can or cannot do. If I want to lump all third-world immigrants into one group, that is my prerogative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_in_the_United_Kingdom
British Sikhs are considered one of the best example of cultural integration in the United Kingdom. A strong work ethic combined with an emphasis on the importance of the family has been the reason why Sikhs have been so successful.

According to the ONS, the national average income for British households is approximately £40,000 before tax. With these values in mind the British Sikh Report 2014 found that Sikh households tend to be affluent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_Kingdom#Position_in_society

According to analysis based on the 2011 census, Muslims in the United Kingdom face poor standards of housing, poorer levels of education and are more vulnerable to long-term illness, and that Muslims in the UK had the highest rate of unemployment, the poorest health, the most disability and fewest educational qualifications among religious groups. The figures were, to some extent, explained by the fact that Muslims were the least well-established group, having the youngest age profile.

In 2011, 24.0 per cent of British Muslims had degree level qualifications, compared to 27.2 per cent of the population as a whole 25.6 per cent of Muslims had no qualifications, compared to the national average of 22.7 per cent.
I don't want you to quote stuff from other people/sources. I want to hear from your own mouth how you can prove the causal relationship that you claim to see. If I wanted to read a bunch of pages from the internet, I could have just googled it.

Last edited:

Dirius

What are you saying? That those instances happen so rarely that you can safely not address them? Sounds like you are dodging.

Because you can either discuss the interpretation of authors, which would be one thing regarding (it is verifiable material), or something you came up on your own, which would be a hypothesis, ergo, something hypothetical.

You just provided a bad example.

According to this "logic" of yours, we also cannot group people into Britons, Americans, the Dutch etc etc because they also have no connection to one another other than coming from the same location.

Secondly, please do not tell me that I "have a problem". You are not the arbiter of what is proper and what is not. And also do not tell me what I can or cannot do. If I want to lump all third-world immigrants into one group, that is my prerogative.
There is a linguistic and traditional connection between the individuals who conform such group. "Americans" for example, speak english and share multiple cultural similarities. People from "the 3rd world" such as someone from India shares little in common with someone from Paraguay

You can do whatever you want, its just wrong mate. And I'm hppy to point it out for you.

I don't want you to quote stuff from other people/sources. I want to hear from your own mouth how you can prove the causal relationship that you claim to see. If I wanted to read a bunch of pages from the internet, I could have just googled it.

I'm using statistical data, and providing you with facts. Not my fault you dislike it.

Last edited:

Dirius

Yes I do. The foreigners aren't the problem, in any case in the majority. The government just can't keep up by the immigration issue.

But if that is the case, if you toughen immigration laws, a large part of that majority wouldn't be able to enter the country correct?

Because searching for criminl records from much more corrupt countries isn't usually a reliable way to tell whether a person is a criminal or not, so usually the safest indicator is to use economic data (wealthier individuals are less likely to commit crime, according to statistics in any part of the world), and usually only allows individuals who are from the wealithier tier of society to enter the country.

So if you keep that position, it would probably mean europeans would cut back on about 80% to 90% of their immigration.

You support such thing?

Last edited:

wan

Because you can either discuss the interpretation of authors, which would be one thing regarding is verifiable material, or something you came up on your own, which would be a hypothesis, ergo, something hypothetical.

You just provided a bad example.

Just because you cannot address my examples, it doesn't make them "bad". But keep dodging, though.

here is a linguistic and traditional connection between the individuals who conform such group. "Americans" for example, speak english and share multiple cultural similarities.

Some Americans don't speak English. Also, some Americans also do not share multiple cultural similarities.

People from "the 3rd world" such as someone from India shares little in common with someone from Paraguay
There *IS* a commonality between someone from India and someone from Paraguay--they are both from the third-world. They are also from countries that are h*ll-holes, and they are both a lot darker than white people. There, in just a few minutes, I have found some similarities. If you give me time, I can find more.

You can do whatever you want, its just wrong mate. And I'm hppy to point it out for you.
Except it's not wrong. And keep thinking you are the arbiter of what's right and wrong. You don't put people off enough.

I'm using statistical data, and providing you with facts. Not my fault you dislike it.

I never said I disliked it. I said I wanted to hear your own thoughts. You claim a causal relationship, so the onus is on you to prove it. But you weaseled out by linking to someone else' work. I guess you don't know how a proper debate works and you rely on others to do your thinking for you. But it's Ok though. I know you have trouble formulating your own argument. It is too mentally demanding for you. I understand.

Last edited:

kalinka

There is a lack of qualified skilled workers, jobs, migration assisance and accommodation...I would advocating tougher laws for offenders not in general.

Dirius

Just because you cannot address my examples, it doesn't make them "bad". But keep dodging, though.

Some Americans don't speak English. Also, some Americans also do not share multiple cultural similarities.

There *IS* a commonality between someone from India and someone from Paraguay--they are both from the third-world. They are also from countries that are h*ll-holes, and they are both a lot darker than white people. There, in just a few minutes, I have found some similarities. If you give me time, I can find more.

It is a bad example because you are discussing a particular situation based on something you might come up with, rather than an actual topic that is of public knowledge such as the one we are discussing now. It is thus a very hypothetical situation.

Every single american citizen speaks some form of english, unless you are counting illegal immigrants as "american", which would be ironic.

And just becuase both paraguayans and indians might be "brownish" from your perspective, doens't mean they are similar. Also the "3rd world" is a rather shallow term, you can also add developing nations into the mix, which people usually avoid.

Except it's not wrong. And keep thinking you are the arbiter of what's right and wrong. You don't put people off enough.

It is wrong, if you don't want to accept it, that is on you mate. You are now just denying reality.

I never said I disliked it. I said I wanted to hear your own thoughts. You claim a causal relationship, so the onus is on you to prove it. But you weaseled out by linking to someone else' work. I guess you don't know how a proper debate works and you rely on others to do your thinking for you. But it's Ok though. I know you have trouble formulating your own argument. It is too mentally demanding for you. I understand.

I did prove it mate, by showing you facts and data gathered about the issue, that back up all the points I have made on this topic. You are just unable to refute it, thus you are choosing to deny it. But thats on you mate, not my fault you dislike it.

Dirius

There is a lack of qualified skilled workers, jobs, migration assisance and accommodation...I would advocating tougher laws for offenders not in general.

But the problem is that screening for offenders based on the records of other goverments is not a good way to detect them. Thus you would be allowing many criminals into your country.

For example, domestic violence in countries such as Pakistan is almost never reported, because there are almost no laws to condem such crime. So if you review the criminal background of any pakistani male, you are never going to find such crime in the record.

Thus screening for criminal background is imposible.

wan

It is a bad example because you are discussing a particular situation based on something you might come up with, rather than an actual topic that is of public knowledge such as the one we are discussing now. It is thus a very hypothetical situation.

But this something that I "might come up with", happens in real life. It is possible, and I don't mean just theoretically possible, that someone who uses the scientific method as you do, can come up with radically different conclusions than you. If you really want to label this as "hypothetical", you will need to prove it. And no, linking to someone else' work (again!) won't do.

Every single american citizen speaks some form of english

Prove it.

And just becuase both paraguayans and indians might be "brownish" from your perspective, doens't mean they are similar.

I never said they are similar. I said that there is commonality between them. And I proved it (something you have yet to do). They have one thing in common, which is that they are both from the third-world.

Also, according to your criterion, Americans themselves are also dis-similar in many ways. But why do you have no problem lumping them as "Americans"?

Also the "3rd world" is a rather shallow term, you can also add developing nations into the mix, which people usually avoid.

Prove that the"3rd world" is a shallow term. But I bet you can't, and it's because it's an opinion. Why do you spew your opinions at me as if they had any worth?

It is wrong, if you don't want to accept it, that is on you mate. You are now just denying reality.

If me being wrong is "reality", then surely you will be able to prove it, with your precious "evidence" and "scientific method". Go ahead. Do it. And no, "I just know I am right" won't do.

I did prove it mate, by showing you facts and data gathered about the issue, that back up all the points I have made on this topic. You are just unable to refute it, thus you are choosing to deny it. But thats on you mate, not my fault you dislike it.
First of all, prove that I am unable to refute it. Secondly, prove that I dislike it. I am tired of you making all sorts of accusations at me.

Are you aware, at all, that debates entail formulating one's own argument? That you are not supposed to just throw down a link, loudly declare that it's "facts and data", and then proudly prance around as if you had won? Why do you have such a strong aversion to backing up your claim with your own words?

Last edited:

kalinka

You might understood me wrong. I never thought of a "pre-check". There are enough offenders, who commit new offences because they get packed in cotton by the german law. The deportation of criminal foreigners could be regulated tougher.

Dirius

But this something that I "might come up with", happens in real life. It is possible, and I don't mean just theoretically possible, that someone who uses the scientific method as you do, can come up with radically different conclusions than you. If you really want to label this as "hypothetical", you will need to prove it. And no, linking to someone else' work (again!) won't do.

If you are using the scientific method, you would need to come up with evidence to support the theory, at which time we would be discussing based on the evidence. This is contrary to your original example, in which you would be discussing something not based on evidence (such as an idea you would come up with), thus a hypothetical situation.

You are now contradicting your own example, trying to make a point.

I never said they are similar. I said that there is commonality between them. And I proved it (something you have yet to do). They have one thing in common, which is that they are both from the third-world.

Also, according to your criterion, Americans themselves are also dis-similar in many ways. But why do you have no problem lumping them as "Americans"?
Because it is not a commonality. If you go into skinc olor, in the "first world" you will find similarities. Italians and Spaniards are pretty "brown" just so you know, and in some cases with darker skin than paraguayans or indians (who many them are also caucasian).

The commonality you use to group people together seems to render your very point moot, because it is common to both the 1st world and the 3rd world.

So it either makes your point non existant, or it is not a commonality among that would distinguish those countries from other ones.

Prove that the"3rd world" is a shallow term. But I bet you can't, and it's because it's an opinion. Why do you spew your opinions at me as if they had any worth?

Its a term that came to existance during the cold war, to dinstinguish western allied countries (US and europe the "1st world") and the soviet block (USSR, China "2nd world"), and the countries/continents they would try to bring under their influence (South America, Africa, Asia, etc.). Ergo is not a term which correctly applies towards the discussion.

The term has no ethnical nor economical implications. Thus, either way you are using it wrong. And my opinions seem to matter to you, otherwise you wouldn't keep replying.

If me being wrong is "reality", then surely you will be able to prove it, with your precious "evidence" and "scientific method". Go ahead. Do it. And no, "I just know I am right" won't do.
First of all, prove that I am unable to refute it. Secondly, prove that I dislike it. I am tired of you making all sorts of accusations at me.

Are you aware, at all, that debates entail formulating one's own argument? That you are not supposed to just throw down a link, loudly declare that it's "facts and data", and then proudly prance around as if you had won? Why do you have such a strong aversion to backing up your claim with your own words?

I have answered you. You are just disregarding the evidence because you are unable to refute it, otherwise by this point you would have presented your own evidence.. which you haven't.

Because you are unable to refute the evidence, you are opting for a strawman, talking about how I didn't come up with them. You can keep denying it, but facts still support my point, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Dirius

You might understood me wrong. I never thought of a "pre-check". There are enough offenders, who commit new offences because they get packed in cotton by the german law. The deportation of criminal foreigners could be regulated tougher.

But at point, you not preventing the crime itself. Which is what has people worried, because crimes from immigrants could be totally avoided just by closing down immigration. Which would save lives.

The system you are suggesting takes you back to the start.

wan

If you are using the scientific method, you would need to come up with evidence to support the theory, at which time we would be discussing based on the evidence. This is contrary to your original example, in which you would be discussing something not based on evidence (such as an idea you would come up with), thus a hypothetical situation.
But just because something is not based on evidence, it need not necessarily be an idea I would come up with. And furthermore, why would this make it a hypothetical situation?

Give me an example of what this "hypothetical situation" might be, so I know we are talking about the same thing.

An example I can think of, is this: someone has a cold. I say his cold is due to being exposed to a sick person. You say it's due to not drinking enough water. Both of us are basing our reasoning on evidence, however we reach different conclusions. How is this "hypothetical"?

You are now you are contradicting your own example, trying to make a point.

How am I contradicting my own example? Show your reasoning. Also, what is this "point" I am trying to make? Tell me. You seem to be able to read my mind.

Because it is not a commonality.

Why not?

If you go into skinc olor, in the "first world" you will find similarities. Italians and Spaniards are pretty "brown" just so you know, and in some cases with darker skin than paraguayans or indians (who many them are also caucasian).
But Indians and Paraguayans both have darker skin colour than white people. I did not say they have the same skin colour. The fact they both have darker skin is one commonality that they have. Are they similar? No. But do they have commonality? Yes.
The commonality you use to group people together seems to render your very point moot, because it is common to both the 1st world and the 3rd world.
How does it make my point moot?

So it either makes your point not existnt, or it is not a commonality.

How does it make my point non-existent? And what is my point? You seem to know me better than I do.

Its a term that came to existance during the cold war, to dinstinguish western allied countries (US and europe the "1st world") and the soviet block (USSR, China "2nd world"), and the countries/continents they would try to bring under their influence (South America, Africa, Asia, etc.).
So what? The fact that this term originated in the cold war does not render it invalid. If you say "the third-world", most people know what you mean.

The term has no ethnical nor economical implications.
Why does it have to have ethical or economical implications?
Thus, either way you are using it wrong. And my opinions seem to matter to you, otherwise you wouldn't keep replying.
I never said your opinions did not matter to me. I said they had no worth. Please learn to read.

I have answered you.
No you haven't. You just threw down a link and expected me to read it and infer your conclusion from it. That is not how a proper debate works.
You are just disregarding the evidence because you are unable to refute it,

I am not "unable to refute it". I in fact only read the first couple of words, found out that it was from some source other than you, and then I stopped reading.
otherwise by this point you would have presented your own evidence.. which you haven't.
I don't have to present any evidence, because I have not made any claim. You on the other hand have made a few positive claims, so the onus in on you to back them up. But so far you haven't.

Because you are unable to refute the evidence,

Prove that I am unable to refute the evidence. I am tired of your accusations.

you are opting for a strawman, talking about how I didn't came up with them.
This is not a strawman. You ARE responsible for coming up with your own argument, not relying on someone else' work. I see that you have no idea how a debate works, and you probably think I am being a big meanie for asking you to back up your claims.

You can keep denying it,
What am I denying? Tell me more about myself.

but facts still support my point,

How do these "facts" support your point? Show your reasoning.

regardless of whether you like it or not.

I never once said I did not like it. Why do you say that?

Last edited:

kalinka

as I wrote above..lack of perspective and poverty mainly cause crime. These things have to be eliminated, not the people. Most of these criminal immigrants come from war areas, Poverty conditions and corrupt circumstances. However everyone deserves a chance. Your idea is too radical...in addition my impression is that germany is still safer than other european countries. and the criminal rate of immigrants declined in the last years in germany.

Dirius

But just because something is not based on evidence, it need not necessarily be an idea I would come up with. And furthermore, why would this make it a hypothetical situation?

Give me an example of what this "hypothetical situation" might be, so I know we are talking about the same thing.

An example I can think of, is this: someone has a cold. I say his cold is due to being exposed to a sick person. You say it's due to not drinking enough water. Both of us are basing our reasoning on evidence, however we reach different conclusions. How is this "hypothetical"?

Well here is the problem with your example, you are not using "evidence", because the person has only presented you with the problem, but has not provided you with any evidence. You are just identifying the problem, and then jumping to your own conclusion. You are forming a hypothesis of the possible reasons. Hypothesis do not require evidence, because they are hypothetical.

If the person had presented you with evidence, for example, mentioning that the previous day he had taken a walk while it was raining, that would then constitute data to backup a conclusion, thus forming a theory.

Your example situation is just bad, and the example exemplifying your example makes even less sense.

Why not?

But Indians and Paraguayans both have darker skin colour than white people. I did not say they have the same skin colour. The fact they both have darker skin is one commonality that they have. Are they similar? No. But do they have commonality? Yes.
How does it make my point moot?

How does it make my point non-existent? And what is my point? You seem to know me better than I do.

Because you used skin color as an argument for belonging into the same category (1st, 2nd, 3rd world) as one of the only 2 connections you could provide, but said connection renders the point moot because people from Europe have similar skin tones as people from South America (both white and brown). It is a contradiction within itself.
So what? The fact that this term originated in the cold war does not render it invalid. If you say "the third-world", most people know what you mean.

Sure they do, I just pointed out earlier that the term does not have anything to do with skin color, something you used to link together countries in order to place them on the same category.

I just pointed out it was wrong, and you asked me for me to explain to you what was the origin of such terminology. I provided the explanation because you requested it.

I never said your opinions did not matter to me. I said they had no worth. Please learn to read.

No you haven't. You just threw down a link and expected me to read it and infer your conclusion from it. That is not how a proper debate works.

I am not "unable to refute it". I in fact only read the first couple of words, found out that it was from some source other than you, and then I stopped reading.

I don't have to present any evidence, because I have not made any claim. You on the other hand have made a few positive claims, so the onus in on you to back them up. But so far you haven't.

Prove that I am unable to refute the evidence. I am tired of your accusations.

This is not a strawman. You ARE responsible for coming up with your own argument, not relying on someone else' work. I see that you have no idea how a debate works, and you probably think I am being a big meanie for asking you to back up your claims.

What am I denying? Tell me more about myself.

How do these "facts" support your point? Show your reasoning.

I never once said I did not like it. Why do you say that?

Sure you did, your claim is the second post on this thread. You haven't provided evidence because you don't seem to be able to come up with something backing your point, otherwise you would have by now and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I have provided you with data that shows the conditions in which different migrant groups live in the aformentioned countries, revealing some groups are at large much more succesful than others and are perfectly capable of adapting and respecting the laws of the country they settle in, regardless of a massive diference in cultural or ethnical similarity with the "host" population. Thus disproving your point. This leaves us with finding another reasons as to why other migrant groups seem to fail to adapt, and thats when I presented evidence regarding education and income and factors that would influence a group's chance of succes or not. At that point you began complaining about "posting data" and we stopped having that discussion, to instead discuss your missgivings for being unable to read facts.

Dirius

as I wrote above..lack of perspective and poverty mainly cause crime. These things have to be eliminated, not the people. Most of these criminal immigrants come from war areas, Poverty conditions and corrupt circumstances. However everyone deserves a chance. Your idea is too radical...in addition my impression is that germany is still safer than other european countries. and the criminal rate of immigrants declined in the last years in germany.

But when you import a large amount of unqualified workers, who don't even speak the native tongue making it imposible for them to be employed, it is very hard to provide them with proper jobs in the short term (and sometimes even hard in the long term).

The only result, is having a rather large chunk of people with nothing to do, living on government welfare. This conditions develops into ghettos populated by men with nothing to do, who end up resorting to criminal activities as the only way to improve their economic standing, which devolves into an open disrespect towards the law.

If you add into the mix that the state is unable to properly enforce order on these areas, you end up with a chaotic situation.

Now when we go to your main point about eliminating poverty, in order to provide traning or basic education you need to spend millions of euros (at the tax payer's expense), but even if you have the money it can take a couple of years (sometimes more than 3 or 4) to teach them even basic skills in order for them to find lower wage jobs.

Finally this creates tension and resentment from the migrant population towards the host nation, and an inability to move higher in society. Which creates segregation, which turns towards radical political ideas.

Its just something whith very few solutions. It just can't be done. The risks and costs end up being higher than the rewards. It is just safer for any sane country to restrict immigration as much as they can.

Last edited:

wan

Well here is the problem with your example, you are not using "evidence", because the person has only presented you with the problem, but has not provided you with any evidence. You are just identifying the problem, and then jumping to your own conclusion. You are forming a hypothesis of the possible reasons. Hypothesis do not require evidence, because they are hypothetical.

If the person had presented you with evidence, for example, mentioning that the previous day he had taken a walk while it was raining, that would then constitute data to backup a conclusion, thus forming a theory.

And if this person had taken a walk while it was raining, AS WELL AS being exposed to a sick person the previous day? So how come the two of us still arrived at different conclusions?

Your example situation is just bad, and the example exemplifying your example makes even less sense.
If you think my example is bad, come up with your own. I want to see whether you can illustrate your point that my example makes no sense.

Because you used skin color as an argument for belonging into the same category (1st, 2nd, 3rd world) as one of the only 2 connections you could provide, but said connection renders the point moot because people from Europe have similar skin tones as people from South America (both white and brown). It is a contradiction within itself.
I never said that it's possible to categorize people into 1st, 2nd...etc worlds just by skin colour. My main point is that there is commonality among third-worlders. If you think skin colour is not a good criterion, I can come up with other things. For example, all third-worlders come from countries that are h*ll-holes. They are all less developed economically. There are probably more. My point is, "third-worlders" is a term that works. People know what you mean when you say it. It is not outdated, it is not invalid. It is a useful term, because it concisely denotes one group of humans.
Sure they do, I just pointed out earlier that the term does not have anything to do with skin color, something you used to link together countries in order to place them on the same category.

I never said the third-worlders are determined solely be skin colour. I also did not say I could link countries together by skin colour. I was just trying to find examples of commonality. Speaking of which, why do you have no problems with calling Americans Americans (when there are also many differences among them), but you object to calling people third-worlders? Both terms encompass huge swaths of people that are very different in many ways.

I just pointed out it was wrong, and you asked me for me to explain to you what was the origin of such terminology. I provided the explanation because you requested it.
How does explaining the origin of a terminology prove that it's wrong?

Sure you did, your claim is the second post on this thread. You haven't provided evidence because you don't seem to be able to come up with something backing your point, otherwise you would have by now and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Then you could have asked me to back up my claim. But just because I haven't done so, it does not mean you don't have to back up your claims, either. And you most certainly should not be relying on someone else' work to prove your point. You don't seem to get this. You wont even acknowledge it, despite the fact I have brought it to your attention numerous times. I really think you are intellectually dishonest.

I have provided you with data that shows the conditions in which different migrant groups live in the aformentioned countries,
Data only show facts. They don't give you conclusions. And they most certainly do not prove causal relationships. If I say, the Japanese have a GDP of 1 trilliion USD annually, and they have the world's largest share of people over 100 years old, these are facts and data, however they do not tell me things like, "Japan is successful because of its education system".

Similarly, the stuff you linked to only tells us about facts. I did not read much of it at all, but I imagine it says things like, the Sikhs and Hindus have fewer children, they have low crime rates, and they are this and that. These are all facts, which I do not dispute. However, these things alone do not tell me that these people are successful because of it. This is the causal relationship that your links fail to provide, and is what I have issues with.

revealing some groups are at large much more succesful than others and are perfectly capable of adapting and respecting the laws of the country they settle in, regardless of a massive diference in cultural or ethnical similarity with the "host" population. Thus disproving your point.
I don't understand why you seem to think respecting the laws of the host country is some sort of achievement. People do not want to go to jail, so they obey the laws. It's not because they respect the spirit of the law, or that they are fully in tune with the values of the host country. It's because they dont want to go to jail.

I mean, I also obey the laws of my host country, but I can honestly say I have done pretty much nothing to advance my country, or improve the lot of the people who received me. I imagine this is the case with the vast majority of these immigrant groups in UK.

This leaves us with finding another reasons as to why other migrant groups seem to fail to adapt, and thats when I presented evidence regarding education and income and factors that would influence a group's chance of succes or not. At that point you began complaining about "posting data" and we stopped having that discussion, to instead discuss your missgivings for being unable to read facts.
I already told you I did not read much of what you posted, and it was due to unwillingness, not inability to read facts. Why do you keep lying? Did you even read what I wrote? Do you think if you repeat a lie many times, you will appear to be less of a loser?

Last edited: