Healing crystals / stones

Hello,

Does anybody have any info/hints/tips in this area? In particular, with what level of quality of stone is needed?

I'm just looking at purchasing my first two stones and not sure how 'certified' they need to be? The two stones I'm researching are the smokey quartz (brown) and the fire opal (orange).

I have found a version of the smokey quartz which comes with an ID card but it is a lot more than the type of stone that is shiny, polished and comes with a little pouch.

Would the pouch-type stone be as effective as the certified one, in a healing sense?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello,

Does anybody have any info/hints/tips in this area? In particular, with what level of quality of stone is needed?

I'm just looking at purchasing my first two stones and not sure how 'certified' they need to be?
The two stones I'm researching are the smokey quartz (brown) and the fire opal (orange).

I have found a version of the smokey quartz which comes with an ID card
but it is a lot more than the type of stone that is shiny, polished and comes with a little pouch.

Would the pouch-type stone be as effective as the certified one, in a healing sense?

SMOKEY QUARTZ MEANING :smile:
AND USES
https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/smoky-quartz

Tumbled-Smokey-Quartz-A-Dark-01.jpg

smoky+quartz.jpg

Whichever you feel most drawn to :smile:

Best way is to visit crystal shops and stalls
then choose

Well I definetely feel more drawn to the less polished, more natural stone, as it's closer to its natural form. I'm ordering online though, so won't be able to have the sensual experiences that go with looking around stalls. Unless I went to the city, but we are in a technology age now.

JUPITERASC

Well I definetely feel more drawn to the less polished, more natural stone,
as it's closer to its natural form.

I'm ordering online though, so won't be able to have the sensual experiences that go with looking around stalls.
Unless I went to the city, but we are in a technology age now.
Personal choice is best. There is usually a crystals shop/store/stall even in small towns

worth researching for nearest
:smile:

Personal choice is best. There is usually a crystals shop/store/stall even in small towns

worth researching for nearest
:smile:

I was looking up local gem shops in my area and there will probably be quite a few now I think about it. However, upon researching I noticed there was smokey quartz mined approx 15 miles from me, so surely that is a sign?? Even if it means ordering, but there is only 1 left so technically that is 'the one?'

Crystals radiate amazing healing energy, each one having a unique vibration to share with each of us. I agree that it's best to go to local metaphysical shop, and maybe one where they are educated about stones and can show you around. Pay attention and you'll feel which one is drawn to you.

It's important to cleanse crystals at times. Some suggest just after purchasing. You can charge them by placing them in the sun, or with some, running under water.(research beforehand because some minerals don't like water) You can also charge them under the moon or with intention. Simply send light into the crystal (in your right hand) and intend whatever it is you'd like the stone to help you with/shed light upon/heal.

Life with crystals is always enlightening. If you listen they will speak and heal. The laying on of stones is considered an ancient art, and its beautiful. I'm sure there are many crystals that resonate with certain zodiac signs. Fire opal definitely having that firey energy, and smokey quartz kinda reminds me of the 8th house/Scorpio/Pluto.

Some of my favorite stones.. Selenite, Amethyst, Celestite, Citrine, Obsidian, Hematite.

Crystals in their raw form are often more attractive to me, but tumbled stones are good for carrying in your pocket. Things to look into: Crystal grids and Sacred Geometry. Here is the atomic pattern of a Beryl Crystal.

Thank you, cosmicseeing. I will defo take the time to look in person for the stones. Although the ONE exception to the rule might be that I have found a smokey quartz in its raw form, which was mined just 16 miles away...and it's the last one...that's got to be a sign right??

I didn't know about cleansing the stones. It will be a nice excuse to go a walk when I get them, and lay them out in the sunshine. Having the pocket version is a good idea. I wondered how you can be sure of the quality of them though.

I don't think I'm at the putting on of the stones just yet, just carry them around or meditate with them at home for healing. I'm planning on doing a reiki course next year, and then I will be in a position to do stones healing too perhaps. Is it enough just to have them in your pocket or infront of you when you meditate?

I have Aries sun in 8th house, with an Aries Stellium, so fire opal defo fits, as well as the smokey quartz for the 8th house. The fire opal was specifically for the Saturn-moon conjunction in my natal chart, to help with my emotions. And the smokey quartz for Venus in 6th house health issues. I've learn a little about some more, including hematite. And amethyst is an old fav, what's the healing properties of it? Looking forward to learning more!

Last edited:
Amethyst aids in development of the intuition and the opening of the third eye. Hematite is wonderful for grounding, it's helped me a lot with all the mutableness in my chart. During meditation, I hear if you locate a gazing point just below eye level, it is helpful. People use candles but you can use a crystal too. I would go for the last smokey quartz that was mined locally if you feel it's meant to be, it sounds lovely!

Oh I also have a mutable chart so il look into Hermatite too. The Smokey Quartz will defo feel more special knowing it came local.