nyangeloxo

can you please help me ?

Attachments

• my chart.gif
    my chart.gif
    48.4 KB · Views: 49

dr. farr

I use a bit more of a complex method in finding the ruler of the nativity:
in your chart, starting with the ruling planet of the ascending sign, Venus would be the chart ruler: however, in my method, Venus is inhibited because it is in a pitted degree (1 Capricorn); so I would then begin a search for another ruler; in my method, the next candidate would be the planet closes to the ascending degree (but in the same sign)-however there are no planets in Libra; therefore my next candidate for chart ruler would be the planetary ruler of the sign of the MC: this would be the Moon (ruler of Cancer which contains the MC): Moon is in Aquarius, so it is not in a sign of Fall or of its detriment; Moon is not in a pitted degree, and is not conjunct the Dragon's Tail, and is not combust the Sun (ie within 5 degrees of conjunction with the Sun)...Therefore, as far as I am concerned (using my method for selecting the ruler of the natal chart) the MOON is your chart ruler...

stellamora

This is quite honestly a very different way of calculating chart ruler and I looooove it. :) The chart ruler is the major theme of the chart, if I am not correct?

nyangeloxo

I use a bit more of a complex method in finding the ruler of the nativity:
in your chart, starting with the ruling planet of the ascending sign, Venus would be the chart ruler: however, in my method, Venus is inhibited because it is in a pitted degree (1 Capricorn); so I would then begin a search for another ruler; in my method, the next candidate would be the planet closes to the ascending degree (but in the same sign)-however there are no planets in Libra; therefore my next candidate for chart ruler would be the planetary ruler of the sign of the MC: this would be the Moon (ruler of Cancer which contains the MC): Moon is in Aquarius, so it is not in a sign of Fall or of its detriment; Moon is not in a pitted degree, and is not conjunct the Dragon's Tail, and is not combust the Sun (ie within 5 degrees of conjunction with the Sun)...Therefore, as far as I am concerned (using my method for selecting the ruler of the natal chart) the MOON is your chart ruler...

wow this is very cool! thank you for sharing. would this make the chart ruler "weaker" in any sense? or do you see it as just as strong.
what qualities are associated with a moon ruled native in contrast with a venus ruled native?

dr. farr

Whichever candidate "wins" as ruler, would be just as "strong" (that is, just as able to express its influences) as if the first candidate (ruler of the ascending sign) had been selected.

The essential qualities of each planet are well outlined in a variety of easily obtained astrology books, so to get an idea you would do best to study the planet therein. But remember this: the quality of any planet (including ruler of the nativity) will be modified by a number of factors (such as aspects for example) which would be unique to each PARTICULAR chart!:biggrin:

nyangeloxo

Whichever candidate "wins" as ruler, would be just as "strong" (that is, just as able to express its influences) as if the first candidate (ruler of the ascending sign) had been selected.

The essential qualities of each planet are well outlined in a variety of easily obtained astrology books, so to get an idea you would do best to study the planet therein. But remember this: the quality of any planet (including ruler of the nativity) will be modified by a number of factors (such as aspects for example) which would be unique to each PARTICULAR chart!:biggrin:

great! i really appreciate all your help with this, i find it so interesting.
one last question...even though i have mars in my first house, you do not look to it as my chart ruler because it is not in the same sign as my ascendant?

astrology02

Technically your Ascendant is in Libra, ruled by venus...hope this helps :)

But I really love Dr.Farr's explanation and believe it's the most accurate!

dr. farr

A traditionalist approach (used by some Modernists as well) is to take the planet with the most (highest total) of dignities, as the Ruler of the Nativity; the Volguine method (book is "The Ruler of the Nativity") leans in that direction, and the Volguine method is, I believe, the most reliable approach-I used it for a long time, until I developed my own method, which combines a concept of dignities with planetary positions relative to 1st house and MC, and also incoporates the ancient concept of allowing the planetary ruler of the Part of Fortune to be a candidate as a possible ruler of the nativity.

I like my method best :)whistling:)...

JUPITERASC

Thanks for linking to OMNISPHERICUS useful thread :smile:
Almutem Figuris is an old doctrine
where one planet according to certain calculations applied,
receives the honors to be the Ruler or Lord of the Chart.

Robert Zoler had applied the therm AlmuteM
instead of AlmuteN
in order to differentiate
the Lord of the Chart
from the Lord of certain house
or place in the natal chart
such as Almuten Domus (Ruler of a House).

The word Almutes is an Arabian word which means 'Winner'.
Because, the planet is the Winner of all the 'life giving' places.
Or the places which are most sensible and important in the natal figure.

The method which we'll use here I call Ezra/Zoller method.
Arabian Astrologer Ibn Ezra (1089 — 1164) was the first
(as far as we at this moment are aware)
to explicitely wrote about calculating the Almutem Figuris.

Zoller about the Almutem Figuris says that it
is equally as powerful as all the other planets taken together."

The method of calculation

1. Find the Essential Dignities (the 5 dignities, apply 3 points to all 3 triplicity rulers), in the Degree of the:
- Sun
- Moon
- Ascendant
- Part of Fortune
- Syzygy (the prenatal lunation, the one that came last, i.e. after which the birth follows - New or Full Moon).

2. Add 7 points for the Day ruler and 6 points to the Hour ruler.

3. Add accidental dignities scores.

For the planet in 1st house you add 12 points.
10th house = 11 points
7th house = 10
4th house = 9
11th = 8
5th = 7
2nd = 6
9th = 5
8th = 4
3rd = 3
12th = 2
6th = 1

The planet which has most points in the aforesaid places is the Almutem Figuris of the chart!

Don't forget to apply the 5 degrees ruler for the planet near the cusp of the houses. For example, if Saturn is at 15 Scorpio in 4th, but the 5th house cusp is at 19 Scorpio, you will calculate that Saturn already in the 5th, and you will give him 7 points instead of 9 as he would took if he was in 4th house. This can make big difference.

free traditional astrology software -
Morinus calculates the Almutem Figuris http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=17
You can find this option by typing F3.
But I should warn you that in that calculation is included some adding of points according to the planets phases.
Zoller did not mention any kind of phases calculation
so at this moment I'm not aware why the author of the software did included that.

But the best way and more enjoyable is to calculate it with your own hand. You will be familiar with the chart more deeply if you do this calculations with your own hand as the older astrologers did.
And if you must use the Morinus software
than subtract the phases scores and you will get the Almutem Figuris right.
All else is the same calculation as the Ezra/Zoller method.

Zoller gives short discriptions for every planet being Almutem Figuris:

Sun:
"If the Almuten figuris is the Sun, the native will want to lead, express his creative power and be recognized."

Moon:
"If the Moon, s/he will want to care for, be cared for, eat and make love, dream"

Mercury:
"If it is Mercury, s/he will be diligent in the sciences, business and communications"

Venus:
"Id it is Venus s/he will be a lover of beauty, of music, of men and women etc."

Mars:
"If it is Mars, s/he will fight in order to dominate"

Jupiter:
"If it is Jupiter, s/he will philosophize and teach"

Saturn:
"If it is Saturn he will retire from society, investigate hidden things and suffer adversity.""