highly emotional personality

wilsontc

Staff member
Moon, to Grace

Grace,

Aspects to the Moon (home, also emotions) indicate the level of emotions a person has. Highly excitable/rebellious emotional people often have the Moon and Uranus (friends, also rebellion) in aspect to each other. The more challenging the aspect between Moon and Uranus, the more "emotionally excitable" these people are.

Emotionally,

Tim

Nexus7

Could it not depend on how much water the person has in their charts and how strong planets like Neptune and Pluto might be, in addition to the Moon?

Someone with a strong Moon-Uranus aspect might or might not tend to be more volatile and showing it whenever their delicate emotional equilibrium is upset, but is that the same as being 'highly emotional?'

How much emoting actually takes place seems to depend on fashion too - with the new emos, obviously, emoting is cooler than it was than the days of stiff upper lips. Apparently, emoting was also a more aceptable than it is now in 17rh-Century England at least, when men could and did weep openly.

Probably, however, in the dog-eat-dog workplace, poker faces may still remain considered as strategically advantageous. The same could be said for the world of Mafioso that Mario Puzo painted in his Gadfather books, where bland Libran 'reasonableness' was Scorpio Moon doublespeak for 'I will send the boys around if you do not comply.'

No doubt, Puzo's Scorpio Moon was highly emotional, but here was a climate where once again, still waters had to run deep, as to be open about feelings could unfortunately invite an early demise.

flea

I have moon in cancer sextile pluto/uranus, trine neptune, wide orb to opp mars, and also trine chiron. I would say I am highly changeable emotionally. have capacity to be very up very down and it can change really quickly. Best way for me to manage the emotional changes is by painting it out. It is a constant change.

I dont show it in a dramatic way, quite concealed inside. many people are surprised at the depth of feeling when I let down the mask. i also feel other peoples emotions inside myself. It was really confusing before I realised what was going on. I would feel stuff really strongly and not understand why I was feeling such a way. I also find it difficult to be in crowds for a long time. I can also pick up on really good vibes too.

I reckon my moon in cancer gives a sensitivity to moods and emotions, fine tuned attena. Also strong contacts with outer planets. Wide orb to mars probably mixes things up a bit to... added tension. Incompatible sun to moon also doesn't help things, needs creative solutions to adapt.

having said all that wouldn't not change it, I feel life intensely.

Love Light Flea

Nexus7

I would have thoguth that Moon square Saturn would indicate emotional repression, rather than being emotional. I thought it was an aspect related to apparent coldness.

moon trine jupiter
moon on midheaven
moon in the eights house
neptune strong
pluto moon
lots of water
all this i ve observed with highly emotional people.

couldn t it be also water and earth, as this shows the melancholic humor and means up and down as a rollercoaster?

and maybe moon square saturn also is emotional insecurity, feeling not to beloved.

greetings and a lovely day!

blennus

Shining Ray said:
The highly emotional personality can come in many forms... There are all kinds of emotional people, a water dominated person reacts through their emotions, often need relationships and people more, have more dependency issues, unless other aspects are involved. Depends on the overall chart.

QFT. The whole chart is important. No single aspect or planet dictates a person's personality. My own chart has many aspects to the moon including those to all the outer planets and quite a few personal ones. However I am not an emotional person, as my chart has very little water (only uranus in scorpio), and none of the watery planets are on the angles. Looking at a single aspect may lead you to believe that I am an emotional person (neptune opposite Moon), the whole chart shows a better picture of who I am.

Both house and sign placement of the moon is important as it indicates what you react to emotionally, not just how (sign).

Edit: Fire and Mars usually indicates Passion, which is a very different from watery emotion.

Last edited:

Pisceanfool

I think it is also important to consider venus and her situation because it shows how and when it is expressed, if at all.

Personally, Uranus square moon, conj Jupiter, and in pisces along with my stellium makes me highly emotional at times. However msot people that don't really know me have no idea because i choose to express it very personally because of Venus being in capricorn and the 12th house. My moon also makes a wide square to Saturn and at times it is hard to cry even when i want to. the only people who see me cry are my family and very close freinds. even then i still need to feel as if i can show it.

Another thing would maybe be Mars as has been said. Anger, for example, would be shown by Mars. I suppose it depends on what kind of emotions we are talking about.

Claire19

THe moon in Leo can be very dramatic and expressive.
THe Moon in Cancer can be very emotional but tend to withdraw when hurt.
Moon with Uranus can mean great excitability and erratic and unstable emotions.
Moon with Neptune can mean easily hurt and moved to tears.
Moon in Aries can be very aggressive and cruel emotionally
Moon in Sagittarius tends to over exaggerate issues and cry crocodile tears.

Junke

I'm kinda highly emotional but it's not always really apparent like with some people...

The aspects in my chart that I consider to contribute to this temperament are:

Sun conjunct Mars (In Scorpio) along with Mercury conjunct Pluto (in Scorpio)
Moon square Jupiter

Other aspects that may help are:

Venus conjunct Jupiter (expansion of emotional expression)
Venus trine Uranus (Emotions expressed in an Individualistic way)
and Venus trine Neptune (sensitive)

And with my Moon in Gemini (even though it's not really considered an emotional sign) my emotions rapidly change. Like from extremes. So that's important too.

Last edited:

ninetta

Shining Ray said:
Moon Pluto again two water planets but more darker, the emotional life can be intense, with domestic crisis. Powerful feelings.
quote]

totally agree with it. Personally i have 10thMoon opposite 4thPluto, and i have a very powerful feelings and crisis towards the domestic issue. specially towards my mother i have a kind of resentment. having the Moon in Aries i can be pretty cruel emotonally if somebody "bites me", my revenge i can say is highly emotional cruelty. I also find in myself a "manipulative" side to protect my feelings.

I think play an important role searching for a highly emotional personality:

-consideration of the aspects to the moon (specially if the person is sun sign CANCER, or ascendant CANCER, wich is my case, i have both). I belive too CANCER is a very emotional sign.
-PISCIS-NEPTUNE strongly placed, is also a very sensitive and emotional sign.
-lots of water in the chart (wich is also my case)

Last edited:

lexia523

hi everyone
Ive often wondered this same question

because i have so many aquarian plannets im kinda aloof and carefree
but im also very emotional in the way i take things personally far too much, i have tryed to train myself to have first thoughts of its not me its not personal, its not that i think everything is about me im actually the opposite, its... i dont want anyone to disslike me as i really do have a big heart and i wear it on my sleave:confused: so i find it hard to think others could be so cruel.

I have moon on my mc at 5 leo.. opp 11 aqu venus in 4th H
stellium of sun venus merc there.
Iam scorpio asc and neptun concunct asc
.. but do you think the placement of chiron has much to do with it.. mine is in pisc.. sort of self explainatory.. lol

Natasha

Moon Mars seems to be very emotional when under transit even by an inner planetary transit it can flare up.
As a person gets older and or can parent their moon with the sun more this can happen less.

Plutonian Persona

As a type of summary to the above posts, the most emotional person I have ever met, often times to the point of hysterics, is my fiancee.

She has a Sag moon conjunct Neptune in the 4th house squared by her Virgo Mars and Venus in the 1st house. I have never seen anything quite like it...

allie_b

Could she possibly have HPD (Histrionic Personality Disorder)?

Plutonian Persona said:
As a type of summary to the above posts, the most emotional person I have ever met, often times to the point of hysterics, is my fiancee.

She has a Sag moon conjunct Neptune in the 4th house squared by her Virgo Mars and Venus in the 1st house. I have never seen anything quite like it...

Nexus7

I don't know the person, but I could imagine that someone with a Sagittarius Moon square Mars-Venus might certainly show it when they are upset, but does that have to mean thast she has a personality disorder?