enduring long lasting relationships

Claire19

Good, strong Saturn contacts for longevity, # 1 Sun to Moon or Moon to Moon, Mercury to Moon for commmunication, Venus to Mars, and absence of harsh Uranus aspects to the lights.

Last of all, good timing...the best sysnastry in the world will not keep people together if they are not ready for a relationship.

I agree. I have marvellous synastry with a guy I met whilst travelling and our composite is wonderful with classic love and compatibility but with a Moon square Uranus. He is married a long time, quite under the thumb and living a long way from me so the love that we have for each other has not been enough to disrupt our lives in the major way that it would need. We are also not young so sex and passion not a governing factor.:happy: At the end of the day just not meant to be... Sometimes the more difficult synastry is the one that we learn from and hook up because of that.

Claire19

I was married for 24 years. But it was NOT a good marriage. So are you looking for longevity or quality of marriage? lol. He cheated on me more than once.

Here's our wedding chart....pretty close to the time...could be off by an hour at the most. He got off work at 3 pm. We met at the court house and got our marriage license and then waited for the judge.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a...rology/AmysweddingchartAugust2219804pmCDT.gif

Here's our composite chart with both of us knowing our times of birth

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a...ology/AmyandRoyscompositecharttimesofbirt.gif
It has been my experience that Saturn keeps us together even when unhappy so it must be some kind of karma or lesson there. I have known long term marriages with Saturn squares that were unhappy but still the couple remained together. Sometimes it is a sense of duty or that they fear being alone or they stay for practical reasons or the status of being married.

In your case I think that it would have been best as an affair or uncommitted with Venus Mars in Taurus with Venus ruling the 5th. That composite Moon square Saturn would have been troublesome indeed. Even the marriage rites were not shall we say, romantic but seemed very matter of fact.

It has also been my experience that most men "cheat" especially in a long term relationship. It is not normal to be monogamous but serial relationships are the answer to that I feel. That is my airy Venus and Mars talking I guess.

MamaMinnee

It has been my experience that Saturn keeps us together even when unhappy so it must be some kind of karma or lesson there. I have known long term marriages with Saturn squares that were unhappy but still the couple remained together. Sometimes it is a sense of duty or that they fear being alone or they stay for practical reasons or the status of being married....
I agree & will add Saturn in the 7th for endurance--relationships are easy to get into & almost impossible to get out of. Stability, tradition & responsibility also color the relationships, as well. And, true to Saturn, the harder you work at it, the easier it gets... or the less you care about the imperfections... as time progresses.

Even exes remain in the picture, albeit with alternating roles.

Vista

I agree. I have marvellous synastry with a guy I met whilst travelling and our composite is wonderful with classic love and compatibility but with a Moon square Uranus. He is married a long time, quite under the thumb and living a long way from me so the love that we have for each other has not been enough to disrupt our lives in the major way that it would need. We are also not young so sex and passion not a governing factor.:happy: At the end of the day just not meant to be... Sometimes the more difficult synastry is the one that we learn from and hook up because of that.

I would agree that sometimes the harshest synastry will keep people together and the easy ones don't. Example:
I had a relationship break up recently that was on and off and we had really great synastry together; Sun Moon conjunction, Sun Sextile Sun and Moon, Sun Trine Mercury, Venus, Mars, Uranus, and Pluto, etc, with Saturn trining and Sextiling Sun and Moon and Saturn Trining the ASC and other nice aspects too w/o harsh Uranus aspects, composite Sun Moon trine...I guess my point is that we all the makings for a great relationship sysnastry wise, but yet we just couldn't seem to get it together. He liked me more than I like him in the beginning and when I finally came around and fell for him, it was too late. It's really frustrating to say the least as I always seem to attract partners with harsh Saturn aspect to my Sun or Moon and with him I had only trines from Saturn.

Claire19

I don't see a Uranus Venus square or opposition working in a relationship. Unless you are constantly looking for change of partners "this is the swingers linkage" not good for stability at all. There would have to be a lot of other really strong supporting "love linkages" to offset this one . Saturn would just "bind" you but isn't conducive to real love.
Well we have seen that relationships do endure with Venus square Uranus in the composite and other aspects have to be taken into consideration. It is only one. Some people thrive on separations, uncertainty and conflicts and it keeps it exciting and fresh. If you are not wanting to live in each other's pockets and need a great deal of freedom as Aquarian types tend to do, then it can work. I do think it shows a lack of real passion that one can tolerate the affairs of the other or a deep friendship that is really the basis which is necessary for a fulfilling long term relationship in my opinion. We all know that the "in love" phase doesnt last.

:happy:
Horses for courses.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

It has been my experience that Saturn keeps us together even when unhappy so it must be some kind of karma or lesson there. I have known long term marriages with Saturn squares that were unhappy but still the couple remained together. Sometimes it is a sense of duty or that they fear being alone or they stay for practical reasons or the status of being married.

In your case I think that it would have been best as an affair or uncommitted with Venus Mars in Taurus with Venus ruling the 5th. That composite Moon square Saturn would have been troublesome indeed. Even the marriage rites were not shall we say, romantic but seemed very matter of fact.

It has also been my experience that most men "cheat" especially in a long term relationship. It is not normal to be monogamous but serial relationships are the answer to that I feel. That is my airy Venus and Mars talking I guess.

With my Venus in Cancer and Pisces rising - I want that commitment.....but I would rather be alone til the right fella comes along. My x and father of my kids is Libra rising, Aries Sun, Cancer Moon, Mercury in Aries, Venus in Pisces, Mars in Cancer (That's EVERYWHERE in my relationships thanks to my Venus in Cancer. lol.) BECAUSE I have moon square Venus when a good contact is made with one it's in conflict with the other.

Claire19

I believe a Saturn connection is necessary for long time attachment. But too many Saturn connections make the relationship depressing.
I agree and too much is restrictive, limiting and not conducive to an equal fulfilling relationship with ease of expression.