Hypochondria: 6th house matter, mercury matter, or both?

Hi friends,

I was doing some personal astrological journaling when I started to ask myself what may be the root of hypochondria-like psychosis & behavior in one's (including my) natal chart.

I have a Pisces moon which is obsessive: check.

An Aquarius Mercury conjunct an Aquarius Uranus in my Aquarius cusp 1st house, which is a chronic worrier/rapid thinker: check.

But I know that health maladies are also a 6th house matter... of what relation might this phenomena be related to the 6th house?

(my 6th house is Cancer cusp)

I'm highly curious, both for myself and for the folks that I practice astrology with.

Any input is welcome :biggrin:

Frisiangal

Hi friends,

I was doing some personal astrological journaling when I started to ask myself what may be the root of hypochondria-like psychosis & behavior in one's (including my) natal chart.

I have a Pisces moon which is obsessive: check.

An Aquarius Mercury conjunct an Aquarius Uranus in my Aquarius cusp 1st house, which is a chronic worrier/rapid thinker: check.

But I know that health maladies are also a 6th house matter... of what relation might this phenomena be related to the 6th house?

(my 6th house is Cancer cusp)

I'm highly curious, both for myself and for the folks that I practice astrology with.

Any input is welcome :biggrin:

You seem to have pinpointed your own particular quirk regarding your health, yet it may not be the same for everyone. with similar configurations. Moon, ruler 6th house, in Pisces(psychosis) might be explained as an irrational fear of (illness through) microbes, bacteria, germs, etc. á la Michael Jackson.

My son is a Mercury, Ascendant, Sun in Aquarius, Cancer on 6th house cusp and Moon in Virgo, THE sign of physical health worries and concerns. He has the typical Moon in Virgo tendency towards allergies...in his case to pollen (his younger sister the same)... yet is not a hypochondriac.

I have fond memories of a Virgo Sun friend who thought he was dying and insisted on seeing his doctor because 'I had a pain'. Turned out to be misplaced wind in the Virgo-ruled intestinal channel.

Mercury rules Virgo and is in the 1st house of physical constitution. If Virgo is on 8th house cusp, it might explain an 'obsessional, worrying' attitude of hypochondrical tendencies more than a Moon in Pisces and Aquarius Ascendant might. Virgo on 9th house cusp could be suggestive of health issues rather than physical complaints.
Is Virgo tenanted in your chart?
Saturn/Capricorn find more of an association with 'chronic' issues than Aquarius.
Mercury is also ruler of Gemini, so if harshly aspected, highly strung and unpredictable nervous tension might also be visible through Aquarius. and 1st house.

katydid

I have a pretty full 6th house:
Saturn, Neptune, Spica, in Libra, Sun and Mercury in Scorpio.

I am kind of the opposite of a hypochondriac. I hate going to the doctor and I try my best to work things out myself before I go see anyone.

I am 63 and am not taking any medications and never have. I do have an inhaler which I use if I have an asthma attack from allergies. But I only use it once a month or so.

My Stepdad was raised as a Christian Scientist. So he kind of set the tone for all of us growing up. We tried to stay in tune with our bodies in natural ways and did not depend upon medical doctors very often. We did go if we needed antibiotics or had broken bones, etc. But in general, we were cared for with home remedies.

:alien: