Venus in the 12th house... am I doomed

geminigal14

I hate having Venus in the 12th house. It makes me shy around the people I like and admire( which is strange because I can talk to anyone but the person I admire), I feel and always have felt unloved and I think because of my Venus I let everyone take advantage of me

Can someone tell me the good things about Venus in the 12th house and how to overcome the challenges

diana795

well you can study your actions and automatic background behaviours that undo the desired effect of a happy love life
Venus in 12th might be oriented to a different type of beauty and love than the classical meaning.
is your Venus retrograde? what sign is it, what degree?
have you checked when it turns direct or gets out of the 12th house through progression?

diana795

I like to think of Venus and Mars like the right and left hand: one attracts the situations circumstances that help the soul in its growth, expose it to what's necessary for it to learn- that's Venus; Mars shows how we react to the above, how we deal with challenges presented to us.
A Venus in Taurus points to the need to somehow become self sufficient. Being the Scorp opposite, it still contains the desire to merge, however the emphasis goes on merging as two individual self sufficient beings.
How this Venus may act while in the 12th house is to subtly create codependent relationships libra-style instead of the self reliant partnerships. There are other undoings of the taurean archetype but they're quite particular, you'll have to find them within yourself. Being a Pisces house, the 12th can be a house of sacrifice; still nothing is gratuitous, everything serves a purpose in astrology, so

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

I hate having Venus in the 12th house. It makes me shy around the people I like and admire( which is strange because I can talk to anyone but the person I admire), I feel and always have felt unloved and I think because of my Venus I let everyone take advantage of me

Can someone tell me the good things about Venus in the 12th house and how to overcome the challenges

Hi
In 12th house normally venus gives very strong results. For details you have to provide your Date of birth, Time of birth and place of birth

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Certainly, effect of your planet, ownership of various house, conjunction and aspcting with other planets gives impact on you, then dasha's Mahadash/Anterdash etc and after that current planetary moment.

serafin5

I have it in Taurus 18°01'10 and its
direct

Venus in Taurus in the 12th house should work well for you; also it is direct and that is always a plus. Venus rules Taurus and it is accidentally dignified in the 12th thru Venus' exaltation in Pisces (the 12th being Pisces home). You probably have other things in your chart that give you that shyness. You need to show us your natal chart.

I have my Venus in Aries in the 5th house and I am shy. Go figure!:w00t:

Blessings,
Serafin5

Ion

Venus in the 12th House is (opinion) somewhat exalted .
Venus in the natural House of Pisces (12th) is very well placed .
I suppose that any 'aspects' to your natal Venus (?) will assist greatly in finding an answer.
Venus in the 12th house is about 'receiving' and 'enjoying' . . . I suspect that Mars , in this situation , may be problematic (?). . . or a complication in the Moon (emotions).

If we had your chart then a clearer answer would be facilitated .

I think that the "I hate Venus...." comment is , actually, coming from the source of the problem that you describe.

Love and Light !
Ion

jill

Some where on this forum I've read that planets in the 12th are things that were deprived or withheld from you as a child.
I have Venus and Moon conjunct in the 12th, in the sign of Aquarius.

As a child, I wasn't given the love or the emotional nurturing I should have been and it has been difficult. It's been hard to openly express these two parts of me, especially in intimate relationships. It's also hard to 'receive' love from others. Somehow, it just feels strange when someone compliments me, or says, 'I'm beautiful'. I just don't see it. And so, I tend to agree that they do somehow represent things we never received as a child.

In some ways though, it's been good. Having these 2 planets in the 12th has forced me to look at the 'hidden' things that the 12th house represents. I have alot of compassion for those who are suffering, in prison, on drugs or alcohol, etc. and this placement of venus/moon compells me to want to help them.

I've read also, that those with a '12th House Venus' have an extra guardian angel, because they are here to help or heal in some way.
12th house venus forces us to seek a higher form of love - not the sexual love for another human or for yourself, but a love for humanity and it's suffering.

And finally, I have also read that Venus in the 12th can mean that you like to keep your intimate affairs private, or that you become involved in secret affairs (possibly with married people), or fall in love with people that are unattainable or that you will never have.

Hence, the house of sorrow.

Attachments

• Natal - PLACIDUS.jpg
    Natal - PLACIDUS.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Natal - WHOLE.jpg
    Natal - WHOLE.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

geminigal14

Venus in Taurus in the 12th house should work well for you; also it is direct and that is always a plus. Venus rules Taurus and it is accidentally dignified in the 12th thru Venus' exaltation in Pisces (the 12th being Pisces home). You probably have other things in your chart that give you that shyness. You need to show us your natal chart.

I have my Venus in Aries in the 5th house and I am shy. Go figure!:w00t:

Blessings,
Serafin5

I am really not a shy person I am just afraid of love

venus in the 12th can be very charming. you may be a bit shy, but not really under the radar in love. i have this and i know i am quirky and disarming, kind of a beacon to the kind of guys i like...sweet and unusual. you may struggle to be noticed amongst super outgoing people, but your charm is there, subtle and enticing.

also, a vedic astrologer once posted that venus in 12th signifies a very happy sex life :)

Last edited:

slothmander

I have Venus in Pisces in the 12th house and the Sun is there too. When I was young I grew up in a foreign land. My parents were not very physically affectionate with me as it was not their way. I cried easily so other kids would pick on me. So as a child I lacked confidence and affection. Now that I am an adult I find that I have compensated for this, since my life is now full of the very things I lacked as a child. I work with kids that have learning disabilities in that same foreign land. I think someone with Venus in Taurus would orient well toward the earthly fulfillment of ones desires. I think it would make the native aware of ones body and suited to organizing ones environment artistically. Awareness of the emotional atmosphere of a place or group of people is felt physically. Angry people may make you feel queasy in your stomach or heart. Sad people may cause you to feel some discomfort in your throat. Taking care of your health and diet would have the effect of clearer awareness of people and your environments. I think Venus in Taurus in the 12th would be like "magick". 12th house issues are hard at first, but I think there may be a reward later on. Anyway, this is my 2 cents worth.

Ion

Venus in the 12th house (Pisces) is a good placement. I suggest that you examine hard aspects to Venus . Venus is NOT the problem.
best regards,
Ion