Something's going to happen in September 2016. Question is what?

Kitchy

Banned
My great grandfather was Manuel Antonio Furtado, a whaling captain from the Azores, in Portugal. [ Faial] My grandfather, at age 13, jumped off the whaling ship in the San Francisco Bay, swam to shore, and made his way to the new world. He ended up in Madeira California, with a large successful dairy farm. He went back to the Azores and brought his bride, Olympia Costa, back to California in 1910 0r so.

There was a very large Portuguese community in Stockton/Madeira area. Very kind, family oriented, hard working stock.

My father had a tin-plate portrait photo of his grandfather, the whaling captain. He had an earring, and I was told he had it pierced as a sign that he crossed the equator.

Very cool family story, KD! "muito romantico" .

Nelly Furtado's family is from the Azores. You are probably distant relatives!

(I thought I posted her "say it right" video in one of those links, but they were both of cristiano, so i must have clipped and grabbed the same one twice)

I have been through Stockton and Madera (Madeira) before when in college or afterwards. I had a few friends from the Centro Valle Stockton/Modesto/Visalia - farmer/orchard/dairy kids of long family history in those areas. Swiss Italians, Portuguese and Swiss. To think of someone from Azores, such beautiful coasts, being stuck in central valley is shocking, but they made well in agriculture and ranching in those areas. (There are a lot of central valley expats here in Northern Nevada).

V - I remember that period of time in Algeria. I think that is what Turkey is battling now - my friend Altan said that they are fighting against Sharia laws, radical Islam.

theV

Well that's wonderful. The Algerian Civil war was internal matter that it wasn't exposed to the world. I thought non Algerian didn't know about that period. parents, teachers, the government, all people in Algeria refuse to talk about the 90's. the period was very dark.

Yes, it is what Turkey is dealing with right now. Except in Algeria, a political partie tried to enforce radical Islamic ideologies. In Tukrey, the army is trying to enforcee secularism.

There is small planet/Asteroid called Portugal 3933. See where it falls. If it conjunct Sun/Moon, Ascedant/Mc, or IC possible connection to Portugal.

Azif

Well that's wonderful. The Algerian Civil war was internal matter that it wasn't exposed to the world. I thought non Algerian didn't know about that period. parents, teachers, the government, all people in Algeria refuse to talk about the 90's. the period was very dark.

Yes, it is what Turkey is dealing with right now. Except in Algeria, a political partie tried to enforce radical Islamic ideologies. In Tukrey, the army is trying to enforcee secularism.

There is small planet/Asteroid called Portugal 3933. See where it falls. If it conjunct Sun/Moon, Ascedant/Mc, or IC possible connection to Portugal.

That asteroid was named after Portugal for celebration issues (Portuguese entrance to the European Southern Observatory, in 1986). The name has no particular astrological meaning as far as I know. Even going to Kabbalah and esotericism, those numbers have no special meaning for Portugal.

Edit: for NASA info http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=3933

Edit2: Portugal and Spain officially became members of EU by January 1st 1986, although the process was completed by mid1985. Maybe this helps

Edit 3: It just came to my mind this. If you divide 3933 by 3, you get 1311, which was the year when Knights Templar suffered the most horrifying tortures, then the Order was "officially" ended by 1312. We also know their roots were not totally erased by the Christian Catholic Church, namely in Portugal, where their tradition was secretly maintained (this deserves another thread).

Last edited:

RockFish

Many of the terrorist returned to their homes, and since then terrorist attacks dropped to nothing.

Hello TheV,

This is a fantastic story. Algeria seems to be in the path of overcoming terror, so perhaps its got a lesson or two to other countries and people.

We are going through very trying times, some places more than others, but there is a heightened sense of fear and misunderstanding everywhere, it seems. We are all living similar fears, similar issues. We have to make an effort to ovecome fear within us, so that we can be a part of the cure for our lands and the planet as a whole. It is a very divisive moment for many countries. We must stay united as human beings, regardless of origins, for the sake of peace on the planet.

Thank you for letting us know who was Djamila Bouhired, I confess I never heard of her before, but her one sentence in face of torture and death already made her a hero to my eyes.

My country is suffering, going through a coup d'etat, and we're going to house the Olympics in less than a month. It's a completely crazy moment for us. We'll see how it all plays.

The fact is, a big portion of the world is crumbling under the weight of war. There's only one salvation and that's Love.

Thank you TheV, keep on keeping on

theV

Hello TheV,

This is a fantastic story. Algeria seems to be in the path of overcoming terror, so perhaps its got a lesson or two to other countries and people.

We are going through very trying times, some places more than others, but there is a heightened sense of fear and misunderstanding everywhere, it seems. We are all living similar fears, similar issues. We have to make an effort to ovecome fear within us, so that we can be a part of the cure for our lands and the planet as a whole. It is a very divisive moment for many countries. We must stay united as human beings, regardless of origins, for the sake of peace on the planet.

Thank you for letting us know who was Djamila Bouhired, I confess I never heard of her before, but her one sentence in face of torture and death already made her a hero to my eyes.

My country is suffering, going through a coup d'etat, and we're going to house the Olympics in less than a month. It's a completely crazy moment for us. We'll see how it all plays.

The fact is, a big portion of the world is crumbling under the weight of war. There's only one salvation and that's Love.

Thank you TheV, keep on keeping on

One thing that makes me proud of being Algerian is our history. Algeria has been through a lot throughout the course of history, but we were able to bounce back. Our economy and growth suffer a lot because of these periods. Fighting terrorism didn't allow us to grow and progress a nation unfortunately. However, I am happy we are safe and secure.

Algeria came to a peaceful resolution with the terrorists. In our wary time, nations are taking unnecessary aggressive/full of hatred measures like deporting muslims, or protesting against islamic ideologies that won't solve anything. Incredible how Algeria did this in 2006.

96 percent of the Algerian population chose love over hatred.