6 retrogrades

Just Jen

I'm pretty new to this but I'll take a shot.

It would help members if you could post your chart.

I have some retrograde planets and from what ive read when a planet is direct its energy flows outwards but when its Retrograde its turned inwards or is more internal.

Off the top of my head i know that MercuryRx gets a lot of blame for communications and transportation going awry. The normal business hustle and bustle seems to get a little jumbled, wires get crossed and mail doesnt reach its destination, you misplace your car keys or metrocard etc.

Also, the energy of Retrograde seems to be considered weaker( The people who blame Mercury Rx for delays and interuptions dont think his effect is all that weak.) than planets in direct motion but placement and aspects made are of importance which is why your chart could help people give you a detailed answer.

Overall i think retrograde gets a bad name (understandably). Using Mercury retro again.. if people slowed down and took the time to double check their work, keep an extra set of keys and allow time for slight interuptions during this retrograde life could flow a little smoother.

In a natal chart I would think Mercury being retrograde would result in you feeling frustrated with your mental dexterity or at least speach. Is this correct?:unsure:

ognjenka

It's not my chart, thats why I didn't post it.

I'm quite new in this too, and I never saw so many retrogrades.

Thank you for your time and for your help :smile:

kimnaps

All those retrograde planets makes aperson contemplate a lot. Mercury n jupiter would definetly feel the need to organized and clean house "mentally". With Venus the person may only put themselves out there with a good transit.
Ne he/she may have a hard time finding redemption and pluto hard to navigate thru karma n figure out what or where growth needs to happen.

This person could definetly use guidance on finding where the strengths lie n when to
act on them.

Ion

my opinion of 'retrogrades' in the birth chart is that they reveal the need to do 'inner-work' ... to do some enlightened 'housecleaning of the psyche' (mind and emotions).

best regards,
Ion

ognjenka

It's "he". I don't know if theres difference.
Some people say that a lot of retrogrades make a sense of "deja vu" in life.

waybread

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I have 5 retrograde planets, and my life pretty much turned out OK.

The outer planets Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are retrograde much of the time. So whatever is going on with them, a lot of people share it.

Generally, in a natal chart, the energy of the retrograde planet is turned inward. It may not have a free-flowing outward expression. Yet the person may have a rich inner life. If a retrograde planet is well-situated, it shouldn't be a problem, notably if the planet has subsequently turned direct by progression. You can check this via an ephemeris (see the free one at Astrodienst, or simply use their free charts section to cast a progressed chart.)

Saturn opposite sun will always be retrograde. This person may feel picked-on by authority figures, especially in a night birth where Saturn symbolizes the father. It can lead to self-esteem problems early in life, but if the person can recognize Saturn as a teacher or life-coach, this one should work out later in life; notably around age 40 when the progressed sun will trine natal Saturn. Generally Saturn retrograde's fault-finding tendencies will be turned inward; but this person can develop great inner self-discipline and stamina.

Jupiter retrograde people tend to appear rather formal or serious! For sure they have a sense of humour, but you sometimes find a kind of stiffness around their demeanour. Jupiter is kind of the Santa Claus of the zodiac, so natural jollity or feeling comfortable acting silly isn't their thing. But they may have inner interests in religion or philosophy. (p. s. my husband, ex-husband, and dad all have/had Jupiter retrograde.)

Mars retrograde people can be very hard on themselves, because Mars's natural aggression gets turned inward. On the other hand, Tiger Woods has Mars retrograde, and he is known for his inner concentration on the golf course. (Mars rules athletes.)

Venus retrograde, I confess, I understand the least. I don't know anyone who has it. Anyone? Supposedly Venus's natural affection and sense of esthetics is turned inward, so these people often have a rather mysterious look about them.

Mercury retrograde means that the person's thought is turned inward. They like to mull over various data bits that don't seem to fit together properly until they find the key that makes sense of them. It is easy for Mercury retrograde people to go off on tangents when they try to explain something, because communication doesn't necessarily flow in a direct manner. My Mercury is retrograde, and my life is kind of a walking Murphy's Law. ("If something can go wrong, it will.") I learn to plan for snafu situations. I try to think through a Plan B in case Plan A goes awry.

The sun and moon are never retrograde. The lunar nodes are always retrograde.

Zarathu

Account Closed
That person with 6 retrogrades I asked about was hospitalized with a diagnosis of deep depression

You could have mentioned this at the beginning. It would have focused the discussion a little bit more. Retrogrades are definitely one of the characteristics of what is one of the seven quotients of astrology(my own formulation) which is under the title LIMITATION. To each of us, some rain must fall. Fort some of us it rains an awful lot.

But without a chart its very difficult to determine whether this many RX is a sign of a deeply introspective person with lots of resources to go back and fix things that break or someone who is really down on the depressed side of life.

My daughter has all everything from Jupiter outward to Pluto Retrograde. She is deeply retrospective about everything. There is nothing on the surface for her. Everything is an iceberg of unknown stuff.

ognjenka

I asked this question a year and a half ago, he is in a hospital about four months now.
I don't have permission to put a chart, so...
It seems then that something is going wrong, but no one expected such a thing