Will I Pass my Exam?

Starfall

Hello all!

I'm currently studying for a law exam. I expect to use the law qualification in compliance-related areas, probably government, as opposed to practicing law. It's currently planned for May 16th. I feel good about it, I've studied very hard. But I'll only really know on the day.

In the chart I see:

Sagittarius ascendant; Jupiter Lord of the 1st.

9th ruler: Venus

Before further consideration: late ascendant. The matter is pretty decided. In which direction?

Another factor: Saturn in the 1st house of Aquarius. No judgement or co-querent?

Jupiter is in the second house of Aquarius, peregrine. I hope that reflects my current situation, which I think it does, after being made redundant during lockdown, rather than my level of knowledge.

Venus is in the fourth house of Taurus. Venus is domiciled here so has strength. In terms of an exam, I wonder does that mean it's a reputable or valuable qualification and provider maybe. Venus is currently applying closely to square Jupiter. It is the second closest aspect in question, the Moon has something to say.

Moon in the 2nd of Pisces, peregrine also, applying to sextile Venus in Taurus. Moon receives Venus at the sign of her exaltation, Venus receives the Moon in the sign of it's exaltation. After the Moon's aspect, Venus immediately squares me, Jupiter.

I'm hesitant to say it's a yes, because that's what the heart wants. I might be missing negative details!

What do you think?

Attachments

• Starfall Exam.png
    Starfall Exam.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 69

waybread

Traditionally a late degree rising is a consideration against judgement. It suggests that you already know the answer to the question or for some reason the question really isn't in a state of play.

blackbery

That's a very very very late degree!

I think it's past the point of being able to be judged.

Good Luck though....if you've done the studying and the work, I'm sure it will work out fine.

BB

IleneK

Premium Member
This looks like a favorable chart. You are Jup and Moon, the exam is Venus.

Venus applies to aspect Jup by square. You will pass but it won't be easy; you know that already based on the late rising point.
Moon also applies to Venus by sextile along with the reception you describe, which shows great opportunity for your success.
Moon then translates light between you/Jup and the exam/Venus.
I'm banking on your passing the test.
Good luck!

Starfall

Thanks kindly everyone for your responses. With horary, both with myself and others, I've noticed that the heart can conveniently ignore negative details, so I don't entirely trust myself with these types of charts, best to field them out!

To be honest, the late ascendant confused me. In questions like: Should I do this course? Should I accept this job offer? Should I get back with my ex?, then I could understand the possibility that you're actually resolved, you just don't know it. But in the case of an exam that has yet to happen? :whistling: I don't know!

Yes the failure rate is high with this one. Pressures: you bet: difficulty with 'rote book learning', government pandemic support about to end so need to return to the market with a fresh qualification, a long time since last major exam.

Is there a confession or something 'to know'? Well, exam provider advises a minimum of 30 hours of study. Every student/3rd party tells me it's 60+ realistically. I've studied at least 250 hours now. I made it my mission to over-study. I did very well in an official practice test with the exam provider last week. :sideways:

I will report back with the result!

Starfall

Sadly I did not pass.

I decided to take it one day early, today.

I got about two-thirds correct in each of 3 sections, so there were no obvious area deficiencies. I was about 5-6 questions off passing.

I genuinely think I got the principles and general knowledge mostly nailed down. The amount of ways the exam tries to trick you and how complicated the questions are really did the damage. That's my update anyway.

IleneK

Premium Member
Sadly I did not pass.

I decided to take it one day early, today.

I got about two-thirds correct in each of 3 sections, so there were no obvious area deficiencies. I was about 5-6 questions off passing.

I genuinely think I got the principles and general knowledge mostly nailed down. The amount of ways the exam tries to trick you and how complicated the questions are really did the damage. That's my update anyway.

I am very sorry you did not pass. It is interesting that you did very well on an official practice exam with the exam provider yet did not pass the actual.

What do you see as the different between them?

How soon are you permitted to retake the exam?

I bet you will do much better the next time.

Starfall

I am very sorry you did not pass. It is interesting that you did very well on an official practice exam with the exam provider yet did not pass the actual.

What do you see as the different between them?

How soon are you permitted to retake the exam?

I bet you will do much better the next time.

Hi :happy:

When I didn't pass, I knew I had one job: knuckle down and go get it done.

Today I took it again, after studying very hard for the past month. I passed.

I'm nowhere near as experienced with horary; but I did wonder could that square have included that yes I would get it, but with difficulty?

The earliest anyone is permitted to take it again is 30 days after the previous sitting. Regarding the shock of the first, apparently there are widespread complaints that the official practice exam is not representative of anything in the actual exam. I agree. So I was caught very much off guard.

Passed today! :w00t:

IleneK

Premium Member
First, congratulations and good work!
Thank you so much for your update. I guess that square did mean you will pass your exam, but there will be a significant difficulty.

The square is often described as blindsiding, and so your description of being caught off guard by the atypical content in the exam certainly fits what the chart is showing.
Best wishes,