Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 09-14-2021, 02:45 PM

Should I enrol in an astrology course starting this week?

This course includes pre-natal and karmic astrology as well as a full understanding of ourselves, once a month throughout an academic year.
Having a very beginner level of astrology, I am fascinated to learn about this world from such a personal perspective and learn about my life purpose and deeper aspects about myself.
However, I donīt like online courses, I am not sure if the money will be worth it (in the past I lost money on courses which then served for nothing), and the teacher has a totally different view to mine to world astrology.
So I think that it may be best that I seek a professional astrologer to help with my life purpose rather than learning it myself, until something that convinces me shows up.
Does the chart reflect my feelings?Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astrologia evolutiva.jpg (1,020.3 KB, 14 views)

Unread 09-14-2021, 05:22 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Should I enrol in an astrology course starting this week?

At a glance, you're Venus. Venus is in fall. You don't like this situation at all.

I'm not sure which house to use for the course. Higher education is ninth house, but this isn't the same as normal higher education, by a long shot. Third house is lower (elementary through high school) education, and close to home instead of away. But since horary meanings predate online courses by many centuries, we don't exactly have a house for that.

I think, all things considered, the sixth is probably most accurate. That's the house of apprenticeship. An astrology course isn't exactly like traditional apprenticeship either, but it's closer to that than to university or K-12 education. And what do we have here: Venus in the sixth, in fall, with the sixth house belonging to Virgo, Venus's detriment sign. That's double testimony to you not liking this.

Venus's sign of Libra is intercepted in the sixth, with house ruler Mercury placed there. I take that to mean you like (Venus likes Libra, and by extension, likes any planet placed in Libra) the subject at the core, but you don't like the package it comes in. Since Venus is in Scorpio, not Libra, the part you like is probably going to be inaccessible to you through this course.

That doesn't necessarily mean a different astrology course wouldn't suit you, but that would be a whole separate question.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.

Last edited by Osamenor; 09-14-2021 at 05:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
leomoon (09-14-2021)
Unread 09-14-2021, 05:53 PM

Thank you, Osamenor. I wasnīt sure until what extent I was being conditioned by the fact it was online and her view of world astrology. Though we are slowly moving into the Acquarian era, where everything will be more and more online,I canīt seem to adapt to this. I like face-to-face and I live in an island where no astrology courses exist, so I think I am bound to find this problem with virtually any course and would hence never learn it, so thatīs why I wasnīt sure if I should try to overcome this feeling towards online interactions, coz it would eventually affect me in any field.

But from your analysis, I take it that itīs not convenient to enrol because something deep inside of me wonīt be totally comfortable or happy with the package.

Also because even if the teacher does not have to think exactly like me in everything, the fact she has a specific view about world astrology different to mine, leads me to think her view on my individual astrology might differ to. It makes me also wonder "how can she not see that this is happening in the world---maybe she canīt see certain other things either on my individual chart."

Thank you, that helps me understand that there is a connectedeness to my inner feeling and to try to be more patient and wait until something more appropriate comes on the way.
Unread 09-14-2021, 06:05 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

On a practical note, have you tried online astrology courses before? Even just mini ones?

I'm on the mailing list for Astrology University, and I get an email about a weekend lecture, usually an hour and a half to two hours long, nearly every week. Some of them, I've attended. It's not nearly as much of a commitment as an ongoing course, and they're done by many different people, so it's not just one person who may or may not align with me.

I prefer in person learning too, and the lecture method doesn't suit me very well, but I've found that online lectures can work well for me, especially when commenting is allowed throughout, which it always is in the Astrology University courses. And I have to do my astrology consultations online, between the pandemic and the fact that most of my clients aren't in my area.

On a note of interest, I see the moon in this horary chart is in Sagittarius. Horary meanings are somewhat different from natal meanings, of course, but when I see a Sagittarius moon in a natal chart, I think this is probably someone who loves learning but doesn't love school. Someone who needs their learning to be experiential. If that aligns with any natal placement you have, it speaks to that kind of approach, and it would also be a connection between the horary and your natal chart.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.

Last edited by Osamenor; 09-14-2021 at 06:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
leomoon (09-14-2021)
Unread 09-14-2021, 06:16 PM

Venus (you) is also opposing the ASC (the question) - and there are 3 planets in the 21st degree here. The Moon (place to look for answers), is also square the 21st degree of Neptune.

Sounds like it's a no you should not (for whatever reason) perhaps having to do with Neptune and the teacher's ideas.
Unread 09-15-2021, 12:19 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Okay soooo
to see if class has any weight or importance or meat we need to look at dignities
to see if you will actually get anything, we need aspect reception

Saturn rules 9th house
1 question 1: does the Lord of 9th house (class itself) have inner meat/importance? Answer: YES .. essentially strong, placed in 10th house - excellent.. retro but you cant make everyone happy plus it will soon go direct. This is important point ... read further
2. Will you learn anything or discover anything new? We need strong Lord of 1st house. venus is weak applying to square with saturn out of 7th house - EEEHHHH, here is what i think .. the class is good BUT you wont find anything that you dont know or havnent read or the other case is it might be a bit too advanced for you (Not putting you down or anything like that) it is just Venus has no essential strength other than accidental position on angular house

moon is making a good aspect to jupiter which rules general idea of learning

I'd say take it ... but you might be going over the things you didnt understand.. take notes or record a whiole class

Let us know as always

Last edited by tikana; 09-15-2021 at 12:24 AM.
Unread 09-15-2021, 02:56 AM

@Osamenor, that sounds excellent. Iīll take a look at the Astrology Unviversity link you sent! It could be of interest to me

Re. moon in Sag, I do love learning and love school as well. My natal moon is in Taurus in 1H. (Iīve got Neptune in Sag in 8H.)

@leomoon, I appreciate your comment and insight.

@tikana, my fear is more the first thing you say, rather than the second. That Iīll be paying more than 1.000€ for stuff that I could maybe find online, through youtube videos, documentation, etc. After all, both her and my favourite astrologer were self learners. My fear is more about wasting my time and money with things that I can find elsewhere than about it being too challenging. Would rather have the latter in any case and fight and learn for the course. In fact the first two lectures are about basic stuff Iīve already covered by myself, like planet placements, houses, etc.

Iīll take your comment into account, although so far it seems more like a "no" than a "yes" generally speaking.

Thank you , everyone, for your help!!!
Unread 09-15-2021, 03:35 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

1000 euros? HELL NO.

try https://sta.co/ maybe they have a class that you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
stellapolaris (09-21-2021)
Unread 09-21-2021, 03:12 AM

Thank you @tikana!

Tags
astrology, enrol, starting, week