Vertex opp Mars - no job?

Yes, I am trying to get a grasp on my destiny! :bandit: (We all do)

I have this wonderful aspect. Vertex in Aries in seventh house opposite Mars in first by 4 degrees (so not an exact exact conjunction, but still [Mars is in stellium with Pluto and Saturn but those are even further so do not make an aspect]). I've read something about Vertex - in my case (V in Aries) I am "expected to pick up the reins of leadership" and "overcome inhibitions and activate personal drive", and I even agree with both statements that I am totally expected to do this. Vut then comes this Mars aspect, and I've found that conjunction makes one always have a job. I am struggling to find a full-time job, but all I get are one-time deals (even if multiple times at the same company), so is this the real deal? Do you agree with the notion of people always opposing me? and do you think that picking up "more leadership" will cause people to oppose me less?

On a side note, I also happen to have North node in tenth house in Cancer... which means I need to use my sensitivity & vulnerability in public, to make contacts with a lot of people and to make myself known for that. And then add to that Vertex in Aries... so do I really have to lead people by crying out loudly and be known for that? It doesn't quite connect for me, but perhaps someone has a better idea - And don't hesitate to post even the most absurd ones! Brainstorm please :devil: and many thanks!

Moog

Hmm, I can see your logic, but I've never heard of the vertex being used in this way.

Perhaps posting your chart would be helpful, there might be other factors?

Sorry this is a bit useless, I just hate seeing posts going unresponded to

Here's my chart.
Interpretation from cafeastrology:
Opposition to your actions comes from other people, and you are expected to learn how to handle these difficult situations. You could say that this ability is being brought forth in your nature. While these situations are not easy, you may draw on your own charm to bring balance.

Anddd John Lennon had Mars in Libra conjunct Vertex. I have opposite, but perhaps I should fear sudden death or something?
Aspect is not too tight thankfully...

Thanks for the input.
Mostly

Attachments

• astro.jpg
    astro.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 17
Yes, I am trying to get a grasp on my destiny! :bandit: (We all do)

I have this wonderful aspect. Vertex in Aries in seventh house opposite Mars in first by 4 degrees (so not an exact exact conjunction, but still [Mars is in stellium with Pluto and Saturn but those are even further so do not make an aspect]). I've read something about Vertex - in my case (V in Aries) I am "expected to pick up the reins of leadership" and "overcome inhibitions and activate personal drive", and I even agree with both statements that I am totally expected to do this. Vut then comes this Mars aspect, and I've found that conjunction makes one always have a job.[in what way, as Vertex only becomes active in one to one relationships??] I am struggling to find a full-time job, [then look to MC and 10th house, then 2nd and then 6th]but all I get are one-time deals (even if multiple times at the same company), so is this the real deal? Do you agree with the notion of people always opposing me? and do you think that picking up "more leadership" will cause people to oppose me less?

On a side note, I also happen to have North node in tenth house in Cancer... which means I need to use my sensitivity & vulnerability in public, to make contacts with a lot of people and to make myself known for that. And then add to that Vertex in Aries... so do I really have to lead people by crying out loudly and be known for that? It doesn't quite connect for me, but perhaps someone has a better idea - And don't hesitate to post even the most absurd ones! Brainstorm please :devil: and many thanks!
Node is about Life Lessons not necessarily work or even career. I have scorpio N Node 10th house and and I don't even want to make lots of contact with people Or public. Vertex and Node are completelty different things, don't try to make the link, as there is none..

Here's my chart.
Interpretation from cafeastrology:
Anddd John Lennon had Mars in Libra conjunct Vertex. I have opposite, but perhaps I should fear sudden death or something? [why would you connect these two to death?? vertex has *nothing* do with death. No one can predict death either]
Aspect is not too tight thankfully...

Thanks for the input.
Mostly

Vertex has very little to do with career/work/finances -- it's to do with relationships and is only used in synastry between two peoples charts

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775
please give some background ie: education, aspirations, options

Firstly, for a proper evaluation you should consider posting your chart with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24042

the above threads are 'how to' get, select and post the correct charts.

Mars is afflicted by conjunction to natal saturn, which creates delays, frustrations of actions (mars) and stop/go situations. Saturn conj Pluto can give raging ambition but ruthlessness to. Saturn is further hindered by square to venus, showing caution in romance and finances. Venus is further hindered by being retrogerade (going backwards) not great.

Venus Retrograde
* reconsiders before expressing love or affection
* relates awkwardly to others
* doubts the love others offer
* can become obsessed in relationships
* feels let down by the commitment level of others
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/retrogradeplanets.htm#neprx

Also mercury is retrograde reconsiders before speaking, lots of inner conversation and thoughts, expresses self better in writing , feels misunderstood

this will have probably gone direct, but venus may never....she is rather cool, calculating and always wants value for money, either when buying things or in relationships...

Last edited:
Now ruler of MC cancer/moon is exalted in taurus but conjunct chiron and quincunx

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Mars

"Learning to be emotionally consistent is harder for you than for most people because your feelings and desires cover such a wide range of possible expression. Your manner of self expression can inadvertently add weight and encouragement to components of your personality that you actually wish to minimize or even transform. It takes much experimentation with relationships in order to have emotions that serve your higher needs rather than just running amuck on their own mission of blind, disconnected expression. Either artistic or idealistic goals are necessary to achieve satisfaction."
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

Moon conjunct Chiron
“You instinctively understand the mind/body connection and the role of emotions in illness and healing. You are challenged to heal yourself of a deep, emotional wound, possibly based in the experience of maternal rejection. Your healing process is supported by those close to you, and becomes a journey of spiritual awakening. You will gain much understanding and find keys that you can share with others. Avoid giving your power away to medical practitioners. Your healing must come from within.”
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Moon_Aspects.html

“Chiron - Moon: In the natal chart, a positive aspect can indicate a person who is extremely sensitive, empathic and mystical. "Boundary problems" are a big-time problem here, regardless of the supportive or challenging aspects. The degree to which this is a problem will be indicated by the aspects. Anyone with a Chiron-Moon placement should learn grounding principles and psychic protection. There can be indications of rejection by the mother if the aspects are challenging.”
http://www.aquarianage.org/west/planets/ch-nat02.html

Last edited:
Ruler of the Tenth House in the Eighth House
Your main profession or your attitude towards it can go through a complete change. Your feelings about authority figures or even about being in a position of authority yourself will change. Your career may be related to some kind of research, other people's resources, or even the metaphysical realm.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr10

next year T Jupiter will go over your natal moon and vertex and this could be a good time for healing old wounds and getting a loan or mortgage even as this IS the house of joint finances

what members like to see in a thread – help forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25930

Astrologer50,
You've given me such a "homework" that I'll never be able to read and understand and remember that much! :smile:
I'm posting now natal & progressions twice - placidus and equal.
But even if I can read something in natal chart or synastry, I never got to progressions, so everything that is lost on me here!

As per what I do - by education I am musician, and as such I do quite well *when* I have a job - and then usually people with which I'm working want me to stay there and work in full time but somewhere it goes awry and I never get actual offer (even if there's much speaking about it!).

Mars is afflicted by conjunction to natal saturn, which creates delays, frustrations of actions (mars) and stop/go situations. Saturn conj Pluto can give raging ambition but ruthlessness to. Saturn is further hindered by square to venus, showing caution in romance and finances. Venus is further hindered by being retrogerade (going backwards) not great.

That much I know, though Saturn and Venus are in mutual reception, so perhaps it would alleviate the problem - I find varying interpretations in the internet, but usually this says that both are stronger AND not so so so bad.

About Chiron - Yes, I've read about this part already. I must say I never got a "maternal rejection" - as a matter of fact we get on very well.

From what I grasp, artistic carriers/vocations are difficult to see in charts, so I do not ask for "what should I do in my life" as what I do suits me very well.
I'm also not asking for a tip like what should I do to get *any* job. Rather, what I ask is why can't I get a full or even part-time job in my chosen field. There seems to be some kind of block, and that's why I looked up the Vertex and saw that "opposition comes from other people" and perhaps that could be it, but if you say it'snot, then I have no idea.
Was that clear and concise enough now? :innocent:

Attachments

• progres transit equal.gif
    progres transit equal.gif
    52.8 KB · Views: 20
  • progres transit placidus.gif
    progres transit placidus.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 19
hey, well done. Astrology IS like learning a new language and cannot be done overnight

That much I know, though Saturn and Venus are in mutual reception, so perhaps it would alleviate the problem - I find varying interpretations in the internet, but usually this says that both are stronger AND not so so so bad.
Well spotted BUT I still think this is the major problem

typically sun square moon = divorced parents
Moon square mercury = difficulty in expressing emotions, may I ask if you have any sleep problems? it's not something you would find in cookbooks, just my own research on AW....

If your chiron conj moon was not mother have you suffering in relationships?

I see prog sun and moon are both in 6th house of health, work and daily routines. Pisces is very often found in the 'caring professions' and 6th is 'service to others' as well. so any sort of service industries.

With sun and mercury in 5th house of creativity shows artistic, music, creative talent. but equally it could suggest working with young children, self employment, acting, gambling. Take your pick.

Good news with venus, I see she has gone direct and just changed signs into Aquarius. This sign really seeks friendshp, freedom and mental stimlulation with contacts

Your Progressed ASC (IF your TOB is correct) is now 26'40" which EXACT conj natal pluto thereby giving Pluto (and it's aspects) and outlet. so maybe you are coming accross as too intense, aloof,. you have natal pluto first but far away from ASc. Now your presentation has/is becoming more plutonian

Pluto in 1st House – angular
· Tends to be a loner and hold innermost self aloof from those around. Penetrating gaze. Person power and will is indicated. Much more below the surface than is shown above. Very private person – holds secret
· Tunnel vision when concentrating will always finish things.
· Usually deep penetrating eyes. Intensity comes over ‑ even when being silent
· A marvelous sense of purpose is generally present, and must be expressed and fulfilled otherwise an inner seething and sense of dissatisfaction may be the result
· If Pluto is afflicted and could cause deep‑rooted psychological problems that can emerge as physical ailments.

Let's not forget you are having your 'saturn return' which is also a major transit around age 28-30 where we feel more urgency to put down roots and lay plans for the next stage of life. Acutually when T Saturn gets to your pluto you may well become more ambitious, ruthless and demand more from yourself to 'get ahead' you may well be feeling this now as natally they are conjunct.

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_kdvalue_e.htm

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

Many thanks Astrologer50.
I am well aware of difficulties in my chart. "Power" stellium, venus-sat square, also T-square, moon/chiron inconjunct power stellium, etc.
I doesn't perhaps look as the best chart in the world. But then I have quite some time ahead of me to make from it what I can, don't I? So my question remains: where to push, what to hold on and what to let go to move forward (and finally stop being not employed due to unknown reasons).
I would also note that not only progressed Asc conjuncts Pluto (TOB is correct AFAIK - I have this patch from hospital that newborn kids get), but ALSO transiting Pluto closes on my IC or even is already there, depending on the house system.
Now about that moon conjunct chiron - I will stress it once again, apart from a short time when teenage - which I think is quite normal - I always got on with my mother very well, so much better than with my father that there's no comparison. Parents aren't divorced although they didn't ever really fit together and one can see that with naked eye.

A marvelous sense of purpose is generally present, and must be expressed and fulfilled otherwise an inner seething and sense of dissatisfaction may be the result

This quite fits me. In the moments I do too little whole my psyche is aching. That's why I am here, on this very forum.

Moon sq mercury - I have no sleeping problems as per: I cannot sleep in the night. But I find it difficult to follow a steady daily routine, that is to get up at the same time for whole week and especially when there's no job. Very often I wake up first day at 10, then next day at 14, next day I don't sleep at all and go to sleep at 18. Just an example. But when sleeping, I rarely have problems.

This intensity/aloofness may be a problem - I cannot judge myself BUT I always try to restrain myself (especially in order to not say anything not fitting socially) and despite this intensity might be seeping through.
So, do you any suggestions? Where to find the solution if there is any?
Share your thoughts please!

I doesn't perhaps look as the best chart in the world. But then I have quite some time ahead of me to make from it what I can, don't I? So my question remains: where to push, what to hold on and what to let go to move forward (and finally stop being not employed due to unknown reasons) [not knowing your circumstances how can *anyone* advise you as to the best course of action??]
I would also note that not only progressed Asc conjuncts Pluto (TOB is correct AFAIK - [that's great]I have this patch from hospital that newborn kids get), but ALSO transiting Pluto closes on my IC or even is already there, depending on the house system.
Now about that moon conjunct chiron - I will stress it once again, apart from a short time when teenage [I think you are *overstressing this point*]- which I think is quite normal - I always got on with my mother very well, so much better than with my father that there's no comparison. Parents aren't divorced although they didn't ever really fit together and one can see that with naked eye.
I replied,
If your chiron conj moon was not mother have you suffering in relationships?
you asked,
So, do you any suggestions? Where to find the solution if there is any? Share your thoughts please!
Being self aware is half the problem. You could try asking a horary question if you will find/be offered a job shortly..

Your question would be suitable for a horary question, IF you follow the basic rules
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards
You could try asking a horary question in that forum, by posting a chart and asking a question with yes or no answer but first you need to learn few basics and at least attempt an interpretation as horary is inundated with silly questions and senior members get very frustrated....