Let's talk about Neptune

lilllybelle

I am starting to come to the conclusion that some of my confusion floating around what I want to do when I grow up is tied into neptune opposing my sun in the 10th house. So my question is how does one positively work with the energy of Neptune? I know with saturn you bite the bullet and face up to realitys, and with pluto you face the things that you would rather leave in the dark, but what do you do with neptune? I think part of my problem with neptune is I haven't had a bunch of heavy neptune transits where I could consiously learn to work with neptune's energy. The funny thing is I'm just now starting to see the areas of my life where neptune is active. Hey you know jupiter will hit my neptune sometime in 2007. Maybe I can refine the energy then. Well if anyone wants to share their ideas on how to work with neptune, I would love to hear it. L.

freedomlover

It's funny... I've been meditating on how Neptune energy works, as well. As I woke up this morning, I was given this to ponder: Don't forget to include the energies of the opposite sign from the house the planet naturally rules. In this case, Neptune rules Pisces, so include Virgo issues.

Sharing from my own experiences, much confusion in one's life can come from power and control issues which also involve procrastination. (Did you ever notice how all children seem to dawdle and waste time, conveniently "not hear" their parents, say "just a minute", and it turns into an hour. Just some examples.....)

And where I'm going with all of that is this...... This can set up a pattern in one's thinking that equals a subconscious aversion to work, for work is equated with "being controlled and told what to do". And to tie all of this in with Neptune.... Neptune rules the subconscious and procrastination. Neptune rules the 12th house, which opposes the 6th house of........ you guessed it ;)..... Virgo, the house of work and service. So, procrastination is really the ego's diversion to keep you from doing any work, which it equates with being controlled. This diversion brings confusion about what you really want to do.
Confusion- Neptune/Pisces/12th DO- Virgo/6th

Also, please do not take this as I'm saying you're lazy and won't work. I have had serious issues with this, yet I was one of the hardest workers around. I just had a terrible problem getting started. I usually have to MAKE myself get started, but then, once I start, I can be very productive.

This is my theory..... Work on your procrastination issues(everybody's got 'em to one degree or another) and you'll soon discover what it is you want to DO.

And specifically, with your chart, Lilllybelle..... You say your Neptune is in the 4th, opposing your Sun in your 10th?. Was your mother/father really controlling? If so, this may have been a deeply ingrained behavior, and one of your major life lessons. I don't see your chart info, and I don't remember what sign you are, so I can't quite get a bead on how this energy specifically would express in this. But it defintely would have to do with something originating in childhood, and boundary issues. Interestingly, Capricorn/10th house also deals with work that is done to please another vs. the work one truly wants to do. Maybe your Sun needs to set some boundaries, and set up the proper "structure" in your life, in order to truly "shine". With Neptune in the 4th, it definitely sounds like there were issues with someone(s) around you not having any sense of boundaries. Cancer rules the 4th, and also governs "overmothering", "smother-mothers", and "emotional incest". Neptune has no boundaries, and an element of deception in there, as well. This combination of energies likes to "rescue" people from making any mistakes, because of fear, wanting perfection, etc. (Also Cancer/Capricorn 4th/10th issues) The "rescuing" usually takes the form of trying to give other's unwanted and unasked-for advice, help, etc, instead of letting the person solve their own issues, or waiting for them to ask for advice, help, etc. The person engaging in this type of behavior, actually feels deep down inside that they are the ones needing this type of rescue. Instead of dealing with it, they project it off, and then try to rescue someone else. This keeps them involved in other people's business, instead of minding their own. Often, too, they think they will be "loved" and admired if they do this, and indeed, some people may....... for a while. But deep down there will always be resentment because this keeps them crippled, instead of helping them to stand on their own two feet.

This has been my major current "Aha". I hope this has come across understandably. I'm still "getting it" as I write. I've just wrote the random thoughts that occur to me, and tried to make them structured enough to read and understand.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
my take on neptune is a bit more simpler.
neptune's focus, of all the planets, is purely spiritual or ethereal.the point is it is not concerned with "reality".it does not crystallize any vibrations.when the ego structure has promblems ,it is because the effect of neptune is not harmonious with "reality".again very simply,neptune's only totally positive effect on the ego structure comes whrn the ego surrenders to the forces that are greater than human existance.service to humanity is the behavior that can intergrate effects of neptune to the stability of the ego structure.
my feelings are a direct reflection of the writings of isabel hickey.and then i am a pisces rising.
rahu

freedomlover

Another take on Neptune energies....... I found this article, and I thought it really described the true capacity of Neptunian energies:

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial]"""Throughout life we must cope with blockages that impede our forward momentum. Whether these obstacles are of a personal, professional, or societal nature, our first instinct may be to push against the obstruction. But the simplest way to alleviate resistance is to approach it gently, with a soft manner and kind intentions. Struggle and strife can find no foothold when confronted with mildness because conflict can only exist when fed by two opposing forces. So many areas of our lives can benefit from the application of gentleness. The beauty of gentleness lies in its multifaceted nature. It is part love, part compassion, part patience, part understanding, and part respect for others. When we move through life gently as a matter of course, we naturally attract these wonderful elements into our lives.

This does not mean that gentle people are by nature passive or meek. Rather, their copious inner power is manifested in their gentleness and their choice to move with the flow of the universe instead of against it. You can make use of gentleness in your own life by applying it in situations where you feel challenged by your circumstances or by people in your environment. As you move forward gently, the energy pervading your life will likely shift and, consequently, the blockages before you will vanish. Cooperation progresses smoothly when approached gently because all parties involved feel confident that their needs will be met. And quarrels are easily quelled with gentleness because the dualistic concepts of losing and winning are made moot by our willingness to exercise infinite patience with those whose values differ from our own."""
[/FONT]

I have very vaguely read others' responses but I'd say that neptune breaks down boundaries where we can feel one with others and our environment or university. So maybe you have a struggle (balance issues) with this very personal concept you have, ie oneness from inside and your home (4th house) and maybe even your spirituality and your career where you want to completely fuse these two parts of your life and they aren't fusing properly or one has more demands and therefore overtakes the other at times. Maybe you have a very broad definition of career and you might have to narrow it down.

I have a similar problem, except I have a 4th house saturn opp 10th house sun, in that my restrictions from homelife impose on my career.

lilllybelle

Sorry that it took me so long to reply. I was deep in my head and my own space thinking aobut my career and what not. Thank you for the responses. My main thing is that I change my mind every 6 months or so about what I want to do career wise. I'll take a **** load of classes and then change my mind and start studying another subject. It's self defeating behavior because it keeps me in school constantly. I just want to finish up with school at this point. Thanks again. L.

I think everyone dreams of another career :)

I think the changes that you are experiencing re enrolment of classes might indeed have something to do with neptune, either it might be confusion, a broad and fuzzy definition of what you want to do or maybe you see everything in a dreamy way and when you do try it, the reality hits.

Also I must add it is good to do a bit of exploration, its ok to try out different things. What could be worse than doing one field and when completing studies, realising that at work, its not what you want to do!

Lin

Lillybelle,
I don't know your birth data (wanna share it?) so I can't answer specifically, but....remember the basics. Neptune is the planet of Deception. It's function is to make things look differently from the way they really are. The opposition is very difficult - you need to look for major aspects TO that Neptune, to the Sun, to the ruler of your 10th, to the ruler of your 4th - either by transit or progression in order to "modify" the Neptunian hold over you. You'll have many opportunities to do this...but first you must deal with the way Neptune affected your early life (birth to 14 years old) and how much or how many issues ruled by Neptune you had to deal with and had to overcome to achieve clarity.
LIN

lilllybelle

Hey Lin, My B-day is 05-29-77 @ 1:12 P.M. in Columbus, Ga. You'll note my sun is also conjunct jupiter. I guess I forgot to mention that jupiter is caught up in the show also. L.