Reception Question

Denied Anthropophobic

PLEASE MOVE IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG THREAD!

I was looking at some dispositor charts on astro.com and I seen this.

(IMAGE EXPIRED. SEE THUMBNAIL WITH ARROWS)

In the box that reads, " Sign dispositor hierarchy" there is an arrow between Venus and Pluto meaning they are in mutual reception. His Venus is in Scorpio and his Pluto is in Libra.

However, I was looking at another chart. In the box that reads, " Sign dispositor hierarchy" this is what I saw:

(IMAGE EXPIRED. SEE THUMBNAIL WITH HELIX)

Her Saturn is in Pisces and her Neptune is in Capricorn. Again, mutual reception.

My question: Why are those two symbols different? Does one mean something more? or less? Enlighten me.

Attachments

• hei 2.png
    hei 2.png
    632 bytes · Views: 33
  • hei 1.png
    hei 1.png
    731 bytes · Views: 61
Last edited:

Denied Anthropophobic

Can you figure this out?!

I don't know what that little symbol means between Saturn and Neptune. What does it mean? How are those planets affected by it? I placed it here because I feel like it has something to do with aspects, but don't quote me on that. That is why I'm asking.

If this post is in the wrong section, then please move it.

Attachments

• hei 1.png
    hei 1.png
    731 bytes · Views: 74

theoddone

Re: Can you figure this out?!

Is the image part of a birth chart? If so, I'm thinking it may be the symbol for conjunction.

aer

So that symbol looked sort of familiar, did you see it in a sign/house dispositor graph on astro.com? I was curious about this too after seeing it in my friends chart. It took me forever to find anything about it. With the line in the middle of that shape being thicker, it sort of looks like it might be two different shapes put together? I only say that because I found two websites that show exactly half of that symbol, so just a straight horizontal base with two lines that cross and form a triangle. It's apparently the symbol for a 100 degree aspect, a combination of novile and sextile. From what I read, I believe it's either called a centile or a sentagon, but I can't find a solid answer. I've rarely heard about them, and never seen one until recently. I'm curious of it's meaning also. I personally can't tell you much about what it means or it's significant in that chart by just looking at the partial image you posted. The most helpful page I found was published in early 2017, I'll link it below so you can see the shape/explanation at least and go from there.

http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2017/17020r-fdbk-extra-aspect-sym.pdf

theoddone

So that symbol looked sort of familiar, did you see it in a sign/house dispositor graph on astro.com? I was curious about this too after seeing it in my friends chart. It took me forever to find anything about it. With the line in the middle of that shape being thicker, it sort of looks like it might be two different shapes put together? I only say that because I found two websites that show exactly half of that symbol, so just a straight horizontal base with two lines that cross and form a triangle. It's apparently the symbol for a 100 degree aspect, a combination of novile and sextile. From what I read, I believe it's either called a centile or a sentagon, but I can't find a solid answer. I've rarely heard about them, and never seen one until recently. I'm curious of it's meaning also. I personally can't tell you much about what it means or it's significant in that chart by just looking at the partial image you posted. The most helpful page I found was published in early 2017, I'll link it below so you can see the shape/explanation at least and go from there.

http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2017/17020r-fdbk-extra-aspect-sym.pdf

Astrodienst doesn't show planet aspects like that on the charts themselves. And that symbol doesn't show up on the chart aspects either.

aer

Astrodienst doesn't show planet aspects like that on the charts themselves. And that symbol doesn't show up on the chart aspects either.

I am not sure if there's an easier way to share a previous thread so please let me know if this is the wrong way to do it but I saw that OP posted this same picture in a slightly more detailed thread yesterday:

It looks like it is from astro's sign/house dispositor chart. I can't find any further information on the symbol, but at least we know what chart it came from. That chart doesn't have the option to view a list or table of aspects, at least as far as I can tell. I didn't find anything about it after searching the astrodienst website either. The symbol for a 100 degree, novile sextile combination aspect is the closest to that picture I've seen. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Last edited:

Denied Anthropophobic

[Solved] Can you figure this out?!

This was simply a fault of over examination. The arrows are overlapping since there is not enough room in between them . Thank you for all your help. Case solved. :rightful:

Denied Anthropophobic

PLEASE MOVE IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG THREAD!

I was looking at some dispositor charts on astro.com and I seen this.

(IMAGE EXPIRED. SEE THUMBNAIL WITH ARROWS)

In the box that reads, " Sign dispositor hierarchy" there is an arrow between Venus and Pluto meaning they are in mutual reception. His Venus is in Scorpio and his Pluto is in Libra.

However, I was looking at another chart. In the box that reads, " Sign dispositor hierarchy" this is what I saw:

(IMAGE EXPIRED. SEE THUMBNAIL WITH HELIX)

Her Saturn is in Pisces and her Neptune is in Capricorn. Again, mutual reception.

My question: Why are those two symbols different? Does one mean something more? or less? Enlighten me.
This was simply a fault of over examination. The arrows are overlapping since there is not enough room in between them. Case solved.

JUPITERASC

interesting quote from dr. farr on another thread
MODERN ASTROLOGY DIGNITIES AND DEBILITIES :smile:
at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67385
Yes Paul correctly understood my perspective:

no, I do NOT consider Neptune, Uranus or Pluto to be dispositors ("rulers") of any sign

-but yes I do consider them to be affinitive to certain signs and dissonant with other signs:

for me, if X planet is in, say, Aquarius, then I consider SATURN to be dispositor of that planet,

PLUS I consider Uranus to have a relationship to that planet as well
(because of the affinity of Uranus with Aquarius),
but NOT at the same level (the level of dispositorship) that Saturn has.

To explain further, there are a few philosophical issues that arise when using the outer planets. It's true that many more classically oriented astrologers use them, but they tend to regard them as fainter fixed stars, so their importance and abilities tend to be scaled back or ignored unless they are on an angle or conjunct some important planet.

Dirius is correct in noting that the fact the outers carry no visible light is a major detriment to their inclusion into the classical framework. Astrology evolved alongside ancient optical theories and these theories still permeate astrological discourse to this day. Planets in aspect are said to "see" or "regard" one another and their light is often considered a transmitter of their influence.

The word "planet" originally evolved from the Greek "planetes aster", or "wandering star" and referred to the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn whose motion could be detected against the backdrop of fixed stars that are stable in their relative distance from one another, but all move together as one large group. Today we have redefined what a planet is to serve our own categorical needs. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's important to remember that we, as astrologers, have organizational needs that are different from those of astronomy.

Another issue with the outer planets in general is that they lack much of the tools that the classical planets have. This isn't just referring to dignities (though that is a large part of it), but they also lack nature, sect, gender, years, winds, orbs, signatures, etc. This may all seem superfluous or unnecessary, but its significance really cannot be overstated. Without these associations, the outer planets are essentially blank orbs without instruction or meaning.

Finally, there is the issue with the meanings contemporary astrologers have given to them. Mostly they either 1) don't make sense within their own context or 2) are already taken by another planet.

About the first, a lot of the meanings of the planets have been assigned to them based on mythological interpretations or perceived mundane events happening around the time of their discovery. A lot of the mythological meanings are cherry picked and often nonsensical, like Uranus ruling rebellion, but in the myth Ouranos is the tyrannical dictator, not the freedom fighter. The mundane events are definitely cherry picked as there are many important events happening around the world at any given time. Pluto was discovered in 1930 and has taken on an association with nuclear force, but when I hear 1930s I think Great Depression and I've never heard anyone associate Pluto with financial ruination.

About the second, each of the outer planets have significations that are more or less plucked from the classical planets. Uranus's reported instability and recklessness can be found in Mercury and Mars. Neptune's illusions and mysticism can be found in the Moon. Pluto's transformation and general heavy-handedness are the domains of Mercury and Saturn. Not only does this create strange, cross-breed planets, but it makes the classical planets into flat characters when their meanings and significations are much more multifaceted in the tradition.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=589878#post589878

lantlos

This was simply a fault of over examination. The arrows are overlapping since there is not enough room in between them. Case solved.

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious to me haha :lol:

Trying to find deeper meaning in something that, in the end, has absolutely none whatsoever is something I would do lol.

It does make a pretty nice-looking symbol, though haha