Venus House Dispositor?

bluewolf

I posted a previous thread relating to the house dispositor but im more interested directly in what it means in my chart alone and how I might be able to understand some conscious "control" over these dispositors!

Attachments

• bluewolf_natal.gif
    bluewolf_natal.gif
    76.4 KB · Views: 27
  • bluewolf_dispositor.gif
    bluewolf_dispositor.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 19

JUPITERASC

I posted a previous thread relating to the house dispositor but im more interested directly in what it means in my chart alone and how I might be able to understand some conscious "control" over these dispositors!

For thousands of years traditional astrological rulerships advise that:
Your Cancer Venus is disposited by the Moon because Moon is domicile ruler of Cancer.
Your Capricorn moon is then disposited by Saturn because Saturn is the domicile ruler of Capricorn
Your Sagittarius Saturn is disposited by Jupiter because Jupiter is the domicle ruler of Sagittarius
Your Pisces Jupiter is the final dispositor because Jupiter is the domicile ruler of Pisces as well as Sagittarius

Modern astrology has attempted to removed domicile rulerships from Scorpio Mars, Pisces Jupiter, Aquarius Saturn so that the recently discovered outer planets could be chucked in/substituted (Pluto discovered 18 February 1930allegedly Scorpio, Neptune discovered 23 September 1846 allegedly Pisces, Uranus discovered 13 March 1781 allegedly Aquarius) discussion on the theme of the roles of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39021

link to explanation re dispositors http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html :smile:

bluewolf

Well I see how that all connects in the SIGN disposition but I'm more interested in finding about what the HOUSE dispositor exactly means, especially since they're all pointing to Venus.
I sense the value and rule of jupiter over me, but I feel like I need to learn more about the Venus in my chart given the current pluto opposite venus transit I am going through, plus conj my moon, pluto is digging deep!

JUPITERASC

Well I see how that all connects in the SIGN disposition but I'm more interested in finding about what the HOUSE dispositor exactly means, especially since they're all pointing to Venus.
I sense the value and rule of jupiter over me, but I feel like I need to learn more about the Venus in my chart given the current pluto opposite venus transit I am going through, plus conj my moon, pluto is digging deep!

The House dispositor is in fact the Sign dispositor bluewolf

that's because the 'house ruler' is the ruler of the Sign on the cusp of the particular House in question bluewolf :smile:

Rebel Uranian

The house depositor chart on astro.com is quite misleading. They use the natural house rulers. A Mercury in Virgo with Virgo on the 5th cusp would deposit to the Sun in Leo in the 4th which would deposit to the Moon in Cancer in the 3rd which would deposit back to Mercury. Of course that's not a valid reception, because all those planets are domiciled. Plus, they often count planets in the wrong houses anyways.

bluewolf

Hmm im not following really, lol im sorry! So what does it mean that all the house dispositors are pointing to venus? That Venus is actually Jupiter (my sign dispositor)? Why does it seperate the house and sign dispositors in the chart?

So Jupiter is the real dispositor, the final one, ruling over house and sign? I see how the house ruler is the ruler of the sign, but doesnt Mars secretly rule over the first house in a sense (since its Aries based)?

I apologize again but i fully appreciate the information!

bluewolf

The house depositor chart on astro.com is quite misleading. They use the natural house rulers. A Mercury in Virgo with Virgo on the 5th cusp would deposit to the Sun in Leo in the 4th which would deposit to the Moon in Cancer in the 3rd which would deposit back to Mercury. Of course that's not a valid reception, because all those planets are domiciled. Plus, they often count planets in the wrong houses anyways.
I was typing my reply when you posted so i didnt read it yet. Is natural house rulership not a productive way to look at the chart? I can see how its confusing to have house and sign rulership but I just like the idea of all the things pointing to venus! Does it mean nothing!? Does it all truly end with jupiter?

And if it does, what do i make of the Pluto and Mercury all on their own? thx!

JUPITERASC

Hmm im not following really, lol im sorry! So what does it mean that all the house dispositors are pointing to venus? That Venus is actually Jupiter (my sign dispositor)? Why does it seperate the house and sign dispositors in the chart?

So Jupiter is the real dispositor, the final one, ruling over house and sign? I see how the house ruler is the ruler of the sign, but doesnt Mars secretly rule over the first house in a sense (since its Aries based)?

I apologize again but i fully appreciate the information!

There are hundreds if not thousands/millions of astrologers bluewolf and all have different opinions therefore the answers you get are dependent on the astrological preference of the responder

here's a link to an article that begins as follows
In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses". There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

the Sign on the cusp of any house of a natal chart being entirely dependent on the particular House System used is a matter of opinion/preference.

Also, the house position of natal chart planets is also entirely dependent on the particular house system chosen.

there are over forty different house systems - astro.com allows choice from a selection of the current fourteen most popular house systems. By clicking on Extended Chart Selection option on Free charts brings you to an area where you can select each one of these fourteen house systems in turn - the resulting visuals show how planets change house positions and Signs also change house position. :smile:

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Some of the house systems are bizarre and put the Ascendant in the 12th house. I would not mind having it in the 11th with my MC, however, and I think I'll make up a legitimately-calculated house system that often does that.

On the chart you posted your Venus is ruled by Mercury because Gemini is on the house cusp.

bluewolf

Alright well im happy with Jupiter ruling over everything, and I see how it relates to perspectives of house rulership, and im just trying to cross two parallel points of views. I'll definitely look into it further and see how it all fits together!

I get confused about the different between a house and a sign often so thanks for helping me clear things up!