Positive Saturn Contact Natally

byjove

Account Closed
Hello all,

I'm looking for opinions and beliefs about how positive Saturn contact in the natal chart effects how the person moves in that area of life - and especially related to time. I'm referring to when the positive Saturn contact is the sole or dominant influence in an area.

Take any planets:

Venus trine Saturn : would the native choose (consciously or not) to unfold the love life over time, and what would the pre-requisites of the native feeling prepared to do so? Would motivations of loyalty and honesty guide more than most?

Mercury trine Saturn : would the native choose (for example) programs of study designed to be step-by-step (resulting in the passing of quite some time) and what would be the motivations for how the native expresses the Mercury with Saturn?

Sun trine Saturn : is the native bound to their own rigid designs in life? What would be the motivations for the path chosen? Reason, responsibility, simply to keep things smooth and comfortable?

Does positive Saturn contact always mean time spent (usefully) on expressing the other planet? What are His requirements, pre-requisites, specifications, desires?

dr. farr

You will find plenty of such information in the following books:
-Saturn the Kingmaker
-Saturn: Friend or Foe?
-Saturn: Friend and Guide

...these come from Vedic astrology, but what they have to say about Saturn is relevant to any astrological system; you can find these books @ astroamerica.com

Also, get Charles Carter's "The Astrological Aspects" and you will find indications of positive relationships of Saturn wiith all of the planets, delineated therein...

Anachiel

Byjove: May I ask what you mean by a "positive" Saturn? I know Saturn is not all bad but most fear or dislike Saturn so, I just need to clarify your question here.

byjove

Account Closed
Sure, by positive contact I mean sextiles or trines or other factors with planets and angles. So Venus trine Saturn, Mercury sextile Saturn.

Vagabondgirl

I also have a well aspected saturn. Have sextile from Venus/Moon (and Mars wide orb, 6 deg). From this I get the impression that I have to work for the good things in life, and that I dont usually get things for free if I dont deserve it in a way. But Saturn is "the teacher", so one has to learn ones lessons in a good way...

I heard that Venus in a good aspect to saturn may give a stable/longterm love relationship, with someone more mature/older, or love at an older age/when more mature.

byjove

Account Closed
lol Vega, Saturn is squared by both my Moon and Venus natally lol. I'm still trying to understand it's effects nonetheless. For me, Saturn rules my 7th and trines my Sun exactly. I'm trying to crack that one!

Kuntuzangmo

Hi Jove,
I'm really curious about your saturn/moon square and how that might manifest. Do you find that often your structured responsible self is in conflict with your emotional wants/needs? If so by what means do you reconcile these? Any other ways it manifests?
Cheers,
kz

byjove

Account Closed
Hi there,

for my Moon-Saturn square, guess sometimes I've quite a dry, unemotional take on changes especially. Cancer ASC I suppose brings forth the strength of the Moon(though Virgo), while Saturn has many aspects, is in conjunction and hosts a T so is strong, so the emotional expression and choice to react is very much epitomized in the chart.

1. I have to say if there is much of a personal struggle, it's not in the moment - an emotional or intellectual response is set from the outset in any situation. The thing is, I tend to notice my reaction (benefit of tricky aspects - awareness) so I can actually choice to switch from emotion to reason very quickly and fully.

2. Self-doubt and related effects can pop up at any time in any situation. It's worsened by the Moon being in Virgo - difficult natural tendencies (tremendous worrying, perfectionism, criticism etc.) are amplified.

3. I have a difficult relationship with my mother. I think the Virgo Moon and the tricky aspects with Saturn in my chart describe her well. Interestingly I notice that frequently we have opposite reactions to things - one of us emotional and the other intellectual, and vice-versa, and it antagonises the other person to no end.

4. It's not all doom and gloom. I've spent plenty of time digging into chart synthesis and the strong Sun digs me out. I can choose to rise above fear and doubt and to lead and succeed. Really, a fire-Sun (especially the iniative nature of Aries) is perhaps the best salve to the nervous-nelly Virgo Moon. Can I? Yes I can! To some degree a little worrying pushes me further - I overprepare. Also, with Mercury, Venus and the MC in Pisces, the water nature cannot be fully contained.

I best not ramble! If I haven't explained something enough or there's more questions, just shoot! :)