Do you think I could have a career in art?

Katles

Hello, would sombody please be able to help me. I was born on August 17 1984 at 04.55 in St. Peter Port, Guernsey (Channel Islands) I am at limbo, I really would like to do somthing artistic for a career as I have done a course in admin already but I really found it boring. And another question is in deciding me career should I also consider numerology as my name number and DOB both add up to 11, see would art proberley be out of the question. Sorry I hope question isn't to long.

Thanks

Arian Maverick

Hello, would sombody please be able to help me. I was born on August 17 1984 at 04.55 in St. Peter Port, Guernsey (Channel Islands) I am at limbo, I really would like to do somthing artistic for a career as I have done a course in admin already but I really found it boring.

Katles,

I have posted your natal chart below:

I'm no professional astrologer, but neither I am unaware of obvious influences--your Ascendant and Descendant are both located in fire signs, and your natal moon is tightly conjunct your Midheaven! Although fire does not have a reputation of being the most sensitiveand therefore artisticelement, through personal experience I have found its influence to be very inspirational--excited by new ideas and eager to generate them, if only to stroke one's ego! I :D

Leo in particular is a very creative sign, a born performer. I have no difficulty imagining an individual blessed with Leo Ascendant as well as a first house Leo Sun considering a career in the arts. However, we must take your practical second house Mercury/Venus conjunction in Virgo into consideration as well, an influence which may possibly explain your initial attraction to a career in administration. Each of the twelve houses governs specfic aspects of one's life, and the second house--which corresponds to Taurus, the second sign of the natural zodiac--represents:

Main Rulerships:
Resources, material comforts, earnings and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature. The manner of attaining wealth (note sign on cusp, planetary ruler and its condition). Personal goods and belongings, assets, income, gain, money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted), support and assistance from others. Succeedent houses generally show the resources and support given to the preceding angle, ie., the 5th will show the financial status and assistants of the father, the 8th will show the wealth of the partner and the enemy's resources and supporters, and the 11th will show the friends and supporters of whoever is in power and the profit to be made from the business.

I believe that your Aries Moon is a key component of your natal chart, for it serves as an anchor to the planets located within the lower hemisphere. I believe that Tim in particular may have quite a bit to say about this placement; in the mean time, I highly recommend his guide to Basic Chart Interpretation, a link that can also be found under the heading Learn Astrology on the main site ;)

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

And another question is in deciding me career should I also consider numerology as my name number and DOB both add up to 11, see would art proberley be out of the question. Sorry I hope question isn't to long.

If I am not mistaken, eleven is considered to be a master number, and I can only imagine its influence upon your Expression (name number) and Life Path (DOB) to be profound. I was about to recommend Astrology-Numerology.com, but it seems that the author has decided to nix the master numbers from his interpretation guides.

No matter, for I have found a decent explanation of your Life Path number from Decoz® Numerology:

Your Life Path is 11

Your Life Path (sometimes called Destiny) is derived from your birth date. Your Life path is the road you are traveling. It reveals the opportunities and challenges you will face in life. Your Life Path number is the single most important information available in your Personality Chart!

You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people. You possess an inordinate amount of energy and intuition. There is so much going on in your psyche that you are often misunderstood early in life, making you shy and withdrawn. You have far more potential than you know. You galvanize every situation you enter. You inspire people, but without your conscious effort. Energy seems to flow through you without your controlling it. This gives you both power and sometimes emotional turmoil. You are a channel for information between the higher and the lower, between the realm of the archetype and the relative world. Ideas, thoughts, understanding, and insight -- all of these can come to you without your having to go through a rational thought process. There seems to be a bridge, or connection, between your conscious and unconscious realms, attuning you to a high level of intuition through which even psychic information can flow. All of this amounts to a great capacity for invention. Many inventors, artists, religious leaders, prophets, and leading figures in history have had the 11 prominent in their chart.

Because you are so highly charged, you experience the consequences of a two-edged sword. You possess great abilities, but indulge in much self-reflection and self- criticism. You often feel highly self-conscious. You are aware on some level that you stand out. Even when you try to blend with your environment, you often feel conspicuous, alien, and out-of-place. You are blessed with a message, or a specific role to play in life. But you must develop yourself sufficiently to take full advantage of that opportunity. Until that time, your inner development takes precedence over your ability to materialize the great undertaking you were chosen to perform. Consequently, 11s seem to develop slowly, but they simply have more to accomplish in their evolution than the average person. Thus, your real success does not usually begin until maturity, between the ages of 35 and 45, when you have progressed further along your path.

You may often be frustrated, largely because you have extremely high expectations of yourself. But these expectations can be unrealistic, and can prevent you from accomplishing anything. You can be very impractical, envisioning a skyscraper when all that was necessary was a two-story house. You may also suffer from bouts of confusion and lack of direction. This gives rise to loss of confidence and the onset of deep depression. The cause of these emotional problems is your lack of understanding of your own sensitivity and potential. Your desire to achieve some great ambition is enormous. However, a lack of confidence in your own ability to realize this dream may cause you much frustration. You sense the enormous potential you possess, which requires equally enormous confidence in your ability to materialize your dream. Confidence is the key that unlocks your potential. On a strictly physical level, you must protect your nervous system, which is inordinately vulnerable to stress because of your acute sensitivity. Depression is often the result of long periods of stress that have gone unrelieved. Seek out peaceful and harmonious environments, relaxing music, and follow a healthful diet in order to restore balance and peace. As an 11 Life Path, you are a highly charged version of the 2 and possess many of the characteristics and talents of that number.

You can be extremely diplomatic and tactful. You are also patient and cooperative. You work well with groups and somehow find a way of creating harmony among diverse opinions. You enjoy music and poetry and require a harmonious environment. You have an eye for beauty and a fine sense of balance and rhythm. You have healing capabilities, especially in such fields as massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, and counseling. You are a sensitive and passionate lover; your perceptiveness makes you aware of your partner's needs and desires, which you are able to fulfill with almost magical delicacy. However, when you feel you have been mistreated or jilted, you can react with devastating power, sometimes using personal criticisms vindictively.

You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. When you have found your niche in life and begun to realize your true potential, your rewards will more than compensate for your trials earlier in life.

I have also found a site that appears to have plagiarized its descriptions from Astrology-Numerology.com before the original author's change of opinion regarding master numbers:

11 Life Path:

The number 11 Life Path has the connotation of illumination describing its general focus. This is the number associated with spiritual awareness. As one of the two master numbers, 11 vibrations yield understanding and knowledge beyond the grasp of others. The attitude toward life of those possessing this Life Path is somewhat extreme; extremely intuitive, avant-garde, idealistic, visionary, and cultured. These extremes make you an interesting, if unusual person, with much to offer society. The Life Path 11 person is deep-thinking, and you are no doubt interested in understanding many of life's mysteries and more intriguing facets. Your inventive mind and broadminded views will permit you to succeed in life in any number of ventures. You can best serve society, however, in those endeavors utilizing your skills of counseling and guidance. Much of your idealism is people oriented and quite humanitarian in nature. You expect a great deal of yourself and of those to whom you are close.

On the negative side, there is a lot of nervous tension associated with the 11 life path, and you can be a difficult person to deal with because of this. For this reason, relationships, at times, can be difficult. This is a Life Path that seems to feature broad mood swings between the elation and depression. You are likely to have trouble making decisions and getting your life in gear, so to speak. There is a tendency for the 11 to harbor feelings of uneasiness, and dissatisfaction with accomplishments and personal progress in life. Your grandiose schemes usually make sense, but you can get off the track and they can be very impractical. You have a very distinct side that lacks common sense, and you are quite often unable to distinguish between fantasy and reality. In this regard, you are perhaps more of a dreamer than a doer. When you do get on target, your ideas seem to have been inspired on high. Perhaps you are not a leader, but you are a visionary and a very talented idea person.

11 Expression:

Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.

The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

Arian Maverick

wilsontc

Staff member
Writing

Katles,

As Maverick indicated, I am interested in chart patterns and the position of your Moon (home, also emotions) focused in the 10th house (duty, also career), indicates you are interested in having a career which makes you "feel" something. Since Aries (being, also action) modifies the Moon, you may also feel the need for a feeling career that is "active" in some way.

One thing I have started to look for when people talk about "career" is the North node (future goals) in their chart, since the North node indicates the area we are working to develop in our life. With Gemini (thinking, also writing) modifying the North node (future goals) focused in the 10th house (duty, also career), a writing career of some sort seems to be a goal for you. In addition, since there is a T-square between the nodes focus on Leo (self-expression) modifying (Sun) focused in the 1rst house (action), you may want to use some form of active self-expression (such as art) as a way to express your thoughts and feelings in written words.

A challenge you have is that most of your energy is focused on the bottom of your chart (inner world), although your future goal (North node) is focused at the top of your chart (outer world). This indicates that you will have to "get out of yourself" and go out into the world in order to accomplish your life goals.

Life goaling,

Tim

Katles

Thank you both for your help.

I don't think that I could be a writer but do you know of a career, even i not art that I could succeed at and also when I read about my moon sun and as, it says that I am quite load and I love to be the centre of attention but I'm not like that, I am sensitive and I don't like to lead.

I really would love to do art and I thought that I might be able to do it because I have Neptune trine to my sun and moon, Neptune in the fifth house and Neptune conjunt Jupiter.

Three-leg-cat

I look for your Venus-Saturn sextile. Usually beauty/artistic nature (Venus) can use forms/structures (Saturn) for expressions.

I know several friends from the chorus with Venus-Saturn aspects, but visual arts that involves a lot of "forms" and objects (earth elements) would takes you patience (Saturn) to create.

While your Mercury and Venus conjunct, your artistic affinity to literature may be possible.

Who else could speak more on your Venus-Uranus square aspects? Some say it's about "self-will". I have a weak square between these two but I have little tendency to create new stuff, but not to follow much from the traditional ways.

My Pisces Venus tends to experience planets influences in subjective ways, the stronger the aspects I have experienced or with somebody I encountered with, the more I can say about.

Three-leg-cat

Katles said:
I really would love to do art and I thought that I might be able to do it because I have Neptune trine to my sun and moon, Neptune in the fifth house and Neptune conjunt Jupiter.
Coincidentally I have also a Kite patten between my fire grand trine Neptune, Sun and Moon, with one oppositing to Pluto, that're similar to you. I guess these configurations leads to learing through "action" rather than learning through passive ways. So administration courses would nevertheless be boring to you, with one more Jupiter in conjunction to your Neptune.

wilsontc

Staff member
you can do art

Katles,

You said:

Just to be clear: you can do anything you want to do. If you want to be an artist...go ahead! :) But at some time in your life, you may decide that you may become dissatisfied with art unless it allows you to communicate your ideas and thoughts (Gemini North node).

Guessing,

Tim

Elianah

Hi Katles,

Another thing to look at via a career in the arts is the placement of the signs Venus rules in the chart and what signs are in the Venus ruled houses.

The first thing to note in your chart is that Taurus is intercepted in the 10th house. This means that Taurus is total enclosed in the house and does not have any cusps. Whatever the form of artistic expression you choose, it will have to have a public component to it that you can get instant feedback that will help you develop your own self confidence and self worth.

Since you are who other see you are (Sun and ASC in Leo), a performing aspect does enter into it, as Arian Maverick pointed out. And as Tim also pointed out, Gemini is pointing some form of communication being part of the mix through your NN being in Gemini. Since the NN is on the cusp of the 10th and 11th house, it pulls influences of both. The interesting thing to note here is that the sign that covers most of your 3rd house (the house Gemini rules in the natural zodiac) is Libra. Even though Virgo is on the cusp of the third house, Libra (ruled by Venus) is the dominant undertone—sort of like the old addage that behind every great man there is a woman in power. The Libran portion of the 3rd house is saying that whatever you communicate in any art form, there has beauty, balance, grace and it needs to speak to others as clearly as it does yourself.

This message is mirrored by Venus and Mercury being conjunct in Virgo in the 2nd house. Mercury is wanting everything that you communicate through your Venus artistic temperment not only to be logical, concise and mentoring, but it is something that will build your own self worth.

Now this suggestion is going to throw you for a loop because it is not typically considered an art: teaching. As a teacher, you not only influence the greater public (10th house) but small groups (11th house). You have your own stage to perform on five days a week that you "rule" (Leo) that builds not only your self worth but others' (Taurus in 10th). You can be analytical in artistic ways (Merc/Venus conjunct in Virgo). It will provide you steady income (2nd house in Virgo) that will allow you to have the ability to pursue more traditionally classified arts on your own time. Teaching is an art, it can be a sacrifice, but to see that you have had an impact on even one child (Leo again) may build your self worth more than 10 zillion performances or artistic creations. And remember, when teaching, a child has no chronological age because the person is coming to you to learn something he or she does not know. The "child" could be 5 or 95 or any age before, in between or after.

Just my thoughts...

FishNChips62

Three-leg-cat said:
I look for your Venus-Saturn sextile. Usually beauty/artistic nature (Venus) can use forms/structures (Saturn) for expressions.

I know several friends from the chorus with Venus-Saturn aspects, but visual arts that involves a lot of "forms" and objects (earth elements) would takes you patience (Saturn) to create.

While your Mercury and Venus conjunct, your artistic affinity to literature may be possible.

Who else could speak more on your Venus-Uranus square aspects? Some say it's about "self-will". I have a weak square between these two but I have little tendency to create new stuff, but not to follow much from the traditional ways.

My Pisces Venus tends to experience planets influences in subjective ways, the stronger the aspects I have experienced or with somebody I encountered with, the more I can say about.

That could also apply to Neptune-Saturn =) saturn giving structure and direction to neptinian fuzzy wuzzyness. In my post about vocational guidance there is a description about it from canopus, describing how it could be useful in...for example, piano. In the canopus description, I don't think it says anything about art, more like music, but maybe neptune could be related to art, too, thought I think venus is still a lot more appropriate for the category. Neptune could be more related to music..as music sort of is nothing without srtucture and form..

So, I guess neptune-saturn applies especially to piano, and any sort of instrument or maybe even singing i guess, b/c you need to read music in order to sing or play instruments, and with saturn giving structure to neptune, i guess, you'd have the capacity to understand the structure behind the beautiful music you're expressing.

Mabel

Last edited: