Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Tandy

Banned
Does the intent of the question change in the wording? The chart is cast at moment of question and the chart tells the querant's conscern of the question at the moment it was drawn and the answer doesn't change from changed wording later does it?

The house of the moon is always put in a chart time no matter the wording, right? Isn't it a question of the moment and the moon remains true to the question asked, even in a chart that can't be read by rules? The moon has baring on all questions and answers - as much as I know from traditional astrology in horary.

Is there a restriction on reading the chart's moon because the question was shaded?

Last edited:

waybread

Tandy, there is often a problem when the printed question that is asked is different from what the querent is actually thinking. For whatever reason, the querent may not share her true question, and asks a cover-up kind of question. Oh, for example, she might call a man her friend (11th house) when she's really interested in him as a committed lover (7th house.)

Sometimes the moon will show where the querent's true interests lie. So maybe she asks about a "friend" but the moon and her significator are in the 7th house. Sometimes an ambiguous question just gives a chart that doesn't seem appropriate to the question; or even one with strong considerations against judgment.

muchacho

Does the intent of the question change in the wording? The chart is cast at moment of question and the chart tells the querant's conscern of the question at the moment it was drawn and the answer doesn't change from changed wording later does it?

The house of the moon is always put in a chart time no matter the wording, right? Isn't it a question of the moment and the moon remains true to the question asked, even in a chart that can't be read by rules? The moon has baring on all questions and answers - as much as I know from traditional astrology in horary.

Is there a restriction on reading the chart's moon because the question was shaded?
The actual words don't matter. What matters is that the words you use accurately describe your question/issue. Often that's not the case. And so rewording the question after the chart has been posted is usually more helpful than not and sometimes absolutely necessary.

The Moon sometimes can represent someone else or something else depending on the question. It's not necessarily always your co-significator.

ChildOfVenus

CoV, it's not like we're assuming very much. We read your chart and try to honestly interpret what it tells us. iRght? You're the querent so this gives you a big role in a horary chart plus any kind of friendly advice. If it looks like the man would be eating his heart out, the chart should show that.

And if the guy says he wants me in real life. I am to ignore that because the chart says different? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. If the guy said he likes me then that means he likes me. Regardless of what a chart says isn't that common sense? Why doesn't that make sense to anyone? At what point does a person live in real life? Sorry but I'm not going to pick astrology over what a person is saying in real life. That should be common sense I mean really.

The problem is people think astrology can tell them whether or not they can have a relationship with someone. Like they are psychic that's using astrology the wrong way. People like that shouldn't be involved with astrology because they abuse it. It shows potential about what could happen. It can not determine what will actually happen though. Some people have horrible synastry and they have been together for years. People ask Horary questions and get one answer yet something else happens in real life. I love astrology but people abuse it and it's sad. I've learned to avoid astrologers who pretend to be psychic. Or think that just because they had a experience with someone. That the next person will have the same result as they did. We are all different people. What one person goes through may not happen with the next person.

I'm not asking anymore Horary questions in regards to relationships. Because it's never accurate I've asked other questions in the past. And the answers where not correct. With another guy I was told that this guy and I wouldn't meet up again. Yet we have at least twice since then. So it's obviously not accurate for me with relationship questions.

Last edited:

Oddity

Horary astrology is to be used for the kinds of questions that keep you awake at night. When you need to know the answer more than you need to like the answer, and you've exhausted all normal means of discovering it already.

If you're using the way you'd pluck petals from a daisy whilst saying 'he loves me, he loves me not', then don't expect to get a realistic answer from it. And certainly don't take 90% of the questions you see on this board as horary. They aren't. Most people come here wanting their fortunes told for amusement, and it shows.

waybread

Well said, Oddity and Muchacho.

CoV, by all means, if you mistrust horary, then don't use it. I might just point out that over the past few millennia guys have led gals astray by claiming to love them when they didn't, but just wanted something from her. Or maybe they liked her for a brief while, then lost interest. But if you're an expert judge of character, then you don't need horary to know whether or not to accept a man at his word.

The other thing I might mention is that most (not all) of the people reading charts on this forum are amateurs. I would never claim 100% accuracy. Which is why feedback from the querent is so helpful. If I got it wrong, then I can go back to the chart and see what I misinterpreted.

Might I suggest that you get what you pay for?

ChildOfVenus

Well said, Oddity and Muchacho.

CoV, by all means, if you mistrust horary, then don't use it. I might just point out that over the past few millennia guys have led gals astray by claiming to love them when they didn't, but just wanted something from her. Or maybe they liked her for a brief while, then lost interest. But if you're an expert judge of character, then you don't need horary to know whether or not to accept a man at his word.

The other thing I might mention is that most (not all) of the people reading charts on this forum are amateurs. I would never claim 100% accuracy. Which is why feedback from the querent is so helpful. If I got it wrong, then I can go back to the chart and see what I misinterpreted.

Might I suggest that you get what you pay for?

Now you are saying he's leading me on and that he's not interested in me anymore you are truly unbelievable. I'm not listening to what you have to say anymore. It has caused major issues for me in regards to this situation. I've gone as far as to argue with him because I let you and other people like yourself influence me. But I'm done with it and won't be bothered anymore. I have no reason to believe he's lying about being interested in me. So please save your assumptions for someone else because your brainwashing won't work on me anymore. You have a lot of nerve trying to be sarcastic with me calling me an expert. When you pretend to be a psychic thinking you know it all. I don't care what you say you can not convince me that someone doesn't like me based on a chart. When they are telling me otherwise so please just stop wasting your time because it won't work. If people actually listened to you they wouldn't have a life. Or any kind of friendship or romance with anyone.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

Horary astrology is to be used for the kinds of questions that keep you awake at night. When you need to know the answer more than you need to like the answer, and you've exhausted all normal means of discovering it already.

If you're using the way you'd pluck petals from a daisy whilst saying 'he loves me, he loves me not', then don't expect to get a realistic answer from it. And certainly don't take 90% of the questions you see on this board as horary. They aren't. Most people come here wanting their fortunes told for amusement, and it shows.

I get that but we have people here who don't use common sense they think astrology and horary trumps real life. I don't use it as a way of saying he loves me he loves me not. But like I said before I won't be using it for relationship questions anymore. Because people here take everything out of context and completely ignore anything in regards to real life. Have you counted the number of times I've said that what the chart says isn't what is actually happening in reality? Yet there are people here who are STILL trying to tell me that what I'm saying is a lie. If I'm saying that the guy says he likes me and has asked me out several times. Then why are people here trying to convince me that he doesn't actually like me? That he's just leading me on or is no longer interested in me. It's insanity and I shouldn't have been gullible enough to feed into the bs. But I won't anymore I'm not going to allow these people to get to me. I honestly think most of them do it on purpose for their own entertainment. Then we have the SunconjunctUranus guy making assumptions about me being bisexual. Just because I asked a question in regards to a synastry of me and a friend. Telling me how I won't have a friendship with the person because of one synastry aspect. So you see? People here are trolls and just get a kick out of toying with people.

Last edited:

waybread

Now you are saying he's leading me on and that he's not interested in me anymore

Where did I say that???? What I did was to point out a potential risk factor, and to say that IF you're a good judge of character you don't need horary.

you are truly unbelievable. I'm not listening to what you have to say anymore. It has caused major issues for me in regards to this situation. I've gone as far as to argue with him because I let you and other people like yourself influence me.

Nobody told you to argue with him. You have to take responsibility for how you interact with other people.

But I'm done with it and won't be bothered anymore. I have no reason to believe he's lying about being interested in me. So please save your assumptions for someone else because your brainwashing won't work on me anymore. You have a lot of nerve trying to be sarcastic with me calling me an expert. When you pretend to be a psychic thinking you know it all. I don't care what you say you can not convince me that someone doesn't like me based on a chart. When they are telling me otherwise so please just stop wasting your time because it won't work. If people actually listened to you they wouldn't have a life. Or any kind of friendship or romance with anyone.

Well, you clearly misread my posts! Nobody on this thread could possibly "brainwash" you. Where did I call you an expert? I said that if you were an expert at reading chararacter, then you don't need horary.

Why would you manipulate what I say?

I am not a psychic and do not pretend to me one. I read charts for people. Most astrologers are not psychic. Because we are only human, we could read a chart incorrectly. Oftentimes in a chart the time is not the right one or the question is not really the one on the querent's mind, so there is a potential for error.

Our job is not to give the querent the answer that she wants. It is to read and communicate the chart truthfully, as we see it.

If you leave horary astrology alone for a while, that is probably a healthy direction for you. Because ultimately it is your life and your decisions, not ours.

With best wishes for your journey, W

Last edited:

Tandy

Banned
When I did an horary chart for my friend - she asked would her mom give money for down payment on condo - the moon was in 8th house of querant where I expected it to be in 4th house or 2nd house with maybe a relating aspect to 8th as family money. Saturn was in querant's 8th conjunct moon. Her mom died a month after that, after saying "no - no down payment" and much resentment by my friend, and then she and left her the family house. The moon in 8th was not a good place for "will my mom give me a down payment' except for the real question - answered in her response to me when I said 'she won't give you the down payment' and she said "she won't part with a dime until she dies". I think the moon tells more about the question than the wording in horary.

ChildOfVenus

I forgot to update we did actually end up meeting and hanging out and we had fun together. So I guess it's best not to always believe with the Horary chart says when it supposable says no. Because obviously, it's not always accurate.