Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology

Predictive Astrology This is the place to discuss the astrology of the past, present, and future. Includes eclipses, transits, progressions, planetary returns.

Unread 10-06-2018, 04:59 PM

Possible to predict college graduation? Transits or Progressions?

Hello.
I was wondering if it is possible to predict college graduation through astrology. Which predictive methods do you use, i.e. transits or progressions or solar returns?
For some reason i don't seem to find any particular indicators through transiting planets in the 3rd or 9th house. No planet movement in these houses or mercury or jupiter when one enrolls, and nothing when they graduate.

Any ideas?
Thanks very much!

Unread 10-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Possible to predict college graduation? Transits or Progressions?

Not possible. Transits and progressions are too unspecific for that.

When you do something major, like graduate from college--especially if that means you're now going out and getting your first job and living on your own/not in the dorms for the first time--transits are likely to reflect a major life transition. But they don't spell out the details of that transition. If you were not graduating from college at that time, it would be another kind of life transition.

If you are currently in college and not sure if or when you'll graduate, the most accurate predictive method would be horary. You could ask something like, will I graduate this year?

If you're in college and on track to graduate at a specific time and don't see any reason why that won't happen, then astrology isn't likely to tell you anything more than you already know. If there is an unexpected hurdle that keeps you from graduating, transits would reflect that, but again, wouldn't spell out what kind of hurdle it is or whether the result is that you don't graduate as expected.

When looking at transits, also consider the fact that most people who go to college enter at about the same time in their life--age 18 or about--and usually at the same time of year--beginning of fall. But what time of year Mercury transits your third or ninth house isn't the same for everyone. Which house Jupiter is transiting when you're 18 isn't the same for everyone (although everyone does have a Jupiter opposition shortly before turning 18). Progressed Mercury only moves through two or three houses in a lifetime, and which two or three they are depends on where your natal Mercury is, which, again, isn't the same for everyone. So, we can't rely on house transits as a universal college marker.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Oceanis (10-06-2018)
Unread 10-11-2018, 03:21 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanis View Post
Hello.
I was wondering if it is possible to predict college graduation through astrology. Which predictive methods do you use, i.e. transits or progressions or solar returns?
For some reason i don't seem to find any particular indicators through transiting planets in the 3rd or 9th house. No planet movement in these houses or mercury or jupiter when one enrolls, and nothing when they graduate.

Any ideas?
Thanks very much!

Try horary .. when will i graduate?
Unread 10-14-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Not possible. Transits and progressions are too unspecific for that.

When you do something major, like graduate from college--especially if that means you're now going out and getting your first job and living on your own/not in the dorms for the first time--transits are likely to reflect a major life transition. But they don't spell out the details of that transition. If you were not graduating from college at that time, it would be another kind of life transition.

If you are currently in college and not sure if or when you'll graduate, the most accurate predictive method would be horary. You could ask something like, will I graduate this year?

If you're in college and on track to graduate at a specific time and don't see any reason why that won't happen, then astrology isn't likely to tell you anything more than you already know. If there is an unexpected hurdle that keeps you from graduating, transits would reflect that, but again, wouldn't spell out what kind of hurdle it is or whether the result is that you don't graduate as expected.

When looking at transits, also consider the fact that most people who go to college enter at about the same time in their life--age 18 or about--and usually at the same time of year--beginning of fall. But what time of year Mercury transits your third or ninth house isn't the same for everyone. Which house Jupiter is transiting when you're 18 isn't the same for everyone (although everyone does have a Jupiter opposition shortly before turning 18). Progressed Mercury only moves through two or three houses in a lifetime, and which two or three they are depends on where your natal Mercury is, which, again, isn't the same for everyone. So, we can't rely on house transits as a universal college marker.
Thanks so much. Tried horary!
Unread 07-19-2019, 12:10 AM

Any mystery can be solved using astrology. So yes.
Unread 07-19-2019, 09:21 AM

I never saw any significant transits nor progressions when I moved out of home for college. Same for graduation cos I haven't graduated yet hehe.
Unread 07-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post
I never saw any significant transits nor progressions when I moved out of home for college. Same for graduation cos I haven't graduated yet hehe.
Did you have any taking shape? Or any slow movers that were in place for years right then?

I had Saturn opposing my sun when I first left home. I didn't go straight through college, but when I finally did get my BA, Uranus was opposing my sun. Both are long transits, really an era in and of themselves.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 07-20-2019, 10:59 AM

I just checked, nothing I'd deem significant. The only thing maybe was Uranus squaring my 4th house ruler and sun. That's it, nothing else significant in progressions.
Unread 07-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I just checked, nothing I'd deem significant. The only thing maybe was Uranus squaring my 4th house ruler and sun. That's it, nothing else significant in progressions.
Bingo! Uranus square sun. That's an era of self change.

I don't know if you just checked your progressions for aspects or if you also considered changes in sign or direction, but the years around when a progressed planet changes signs, or houses, are also significant. So are the years around a progressed planet turning retrograde or direct. I just double checked and realized that my progressed Venus changed signs when I was about 18.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!

Last edited by Osamenor; 07-20-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Unread 07-21-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Bingo! Uranus square sun. That's an era of self change.

I don't know if you just checked your progressions for aspects or if you also considered changes in sign or direction, but the years around when a progressed planet changes signs, or houses, are also significant. So are the years around a progressed planet turning retrograde or direct. I just double checked and realized that my progressed Venus changed signs when I was about 18.
Yeah but that's a bit vague. I'd expect to see things hitting the houses and planets that have to deal with movement.

Ans I checked, nothing was changing sign during this period.

I just don't think in modern days when,moving around is so common, that it can be pinpointed. Maybe it can with some Arabic points but I haven't checked that .
Unread 07-21-2019, 06:01 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I just don't think in modern days when,moving around is so common, that it can be pinpointed. Maybe it can with some Arabic points but I haven't checked that .
I don't think moving is, in and of itself, always such a big event that it will happen under significant transits. It is such a big event if it's a significant move. Leaving home for the first time is that kind of significant move. Basically, if making that move changes your life in a big way, or if you do it as a result of big life changes, then there are probably significant transits going on.

Unread 07-22-2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I don't think moving is, in and of itself, always such a big event that it will happen under significant transits. It is such a big event if it's a significant move. Leaving home for the first time is that kind of significant move. Basically, if making that move changes your life in a big way, or if you do it as a result of big life changes, then there are probably significant transits going on.
I guess you are right. However I'd still expect to see how a self change would translate, cos it won't be moving out for everyone. So that's why I'd still expect to see specfici houses or rulers being hit , you know ?
Unread 07-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I guess you are right. However I'd still expect to see how a self change would translate, cos it won't be moving out for everyone. So that's why I'd still expect to see specfici houses or rulers being hit , you know ?
In practice, it doesn't always work that way. No, self change doesn't mean moving for everyone, but if you are moving out for the first time, it is a time of self change. Not all fruits are apples, but all apples are fruit. It's like the universe offers you a bowl of fruit (self change transit) and you choose the apple (important move).

Unread 07-24-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
In practice, it doesn't always work that way. No, self change doesn't mean moving for everyone, but if you are moving out for the first time, it is a time of self change. Not all fruits are apples, but all apples are fruit. It's like the universe offers you a bowl of fruit (self change transit) and you choose the apple (important move).
And still shouldn't our inclinations be shown in a chart? I get what you mean but I guess it's just a matter of opinion and perspective.
Unread 07-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
And still shouldn't our inclinations be shown in a chart?
In a very general way. But what your general inclinations are doesn't tell us if you'll move at a specific time in your life.

Unread 07-25-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
In a very general way. But what your general inclinations are doesn't tell us if you'll move at a specific time in your life.
Thata true, I agree.

Tags
college, graduation, predict, progressions, transits