Natal chart for my mother - she needs a new job or hobby

noideaaboutastro

My mother is finding it very hard as she doesn't have a lot of work at the moment in her field and is becoming depressed. She also has no friends in the country she lives in although she has made some close acquaintances (she has lived there with dad for nearly three years now).I suggested I look at her natal chart and see what she would be good/skilled at, as well as character flaws as to why she feels so unsure of herself and what could help her overcome it.
So I've uploaded the natal chart:

Firstly, I find it a little bit surprising as her chart suggests that she is an extrovert, and also a person that likes to give to the world rather than just taking it all in. What I do see is that the overwhelming amount of water in her chart makes her a very emotional and intuitive person, which is probably part of her reasons for feeling insecure. I think that her tendency to stay stuck in a rut is made obvious by the complete lack of cardinal signs in her chart, so instead of taking action she waits and waits until something gets better. I feel this observation interesting as I have the same lack of cardinal signs in my chart and if unwatched I can slip into a very similar depression to her where I don't do anything. I don't know if this is a generational/family karma thing, I have looked at my father's and my son's chart and they have a healthy amount of cardinal signs - so must be just us two.

I'm a bit sad really looking at the chart, maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to be a blueprint of a competely different person to my mother - or maybe I just don't really know her as a person. Mercury in the 10th house trine Jupiter in the 6th is I believe a very important aspect in her chart, she clearly has a lot of creative potential in communicating ideas. She has admitted herself that she loves working with young children (although she really messed up parenting with me), so maybe there is something there? I would really like to know why this aspect isn't strongly reflected in her as she has a lot of potential for creating a business or being an awesome employer. Instead, she always gets involved in petty scandals or people become envious of her abilities and start those scandals.

I think the answer lies in the Venus (12h) opposition Jupiter, which just happens to be in her house of career (or am I reading the sixth house wrong?), which shows how she feels incompetant, and also how she alienates people by constantly bringing up trivial details about her life. This aspect is really forthcomign in her, she is very bitter at people and I don't think has yet learned fully how to handle this aspect of herself. She also has Jupiter square Mars in 10th house, which again shows she doesn't trust herself with beign able to achieve things. Because the houses can all be related to career, I can really see why she is having a lot of problems expressing herself creatively through a hobby or career.

Chiron is also in the 6th house suggesting a pre-occupation with health (she is a fitness instructor), and in Pisces (have no idea what it means as cannot comprehend Pisces in the slightest - sorry Pisces people!).

My conclusion is that I am still not adapt enough in astrology to fully figure this out, but......what I have seen is that she has a lot of creative potential, especially when working with people (I suspect young children), and I also think that with having Chiron in the 6th house, physically training them or being involved in something to do with health will help her heal her own wounds (whatever they are - I really don't know enough about the lives of people in my family as they're all secret keepers by the looks of it). She just needs to learn to take action and prove to herself that she can do it.

Attachments

• natal chart mymother.gif
    natal chart mymother.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Vinyasa,
PS: One more point: Though I know nothing about your lives, I wouldn't say she messed up parenting: if you care so much now about her, definitely, no matter what mistakes she made, you are there to love and support each other. In any case with cusp of 5th in Capricorn and Saturn in Aquarius also in the 5th, parenting was not an easy role for her to undertake :wink:

This has not been easy cos moon opp uranus shows difficult distant relationship with her mother. Venus quincunx saturn (I have this to) makes someone very giving but sometimes authority figures and father, don't quite understand what brings us pleasure (venus)
I think that her tendency to stay stuck in a rut is made obvious by the complete lack of cardinal signs in her chart, so instead of taking action she waits and waits until something gets better.

The water grand trine can make someone lazy and not make enough effort. Virgo is quite a shy worrier and very analytical but also a nit picker and Gemini and mars conj MC is all about communications and little bits of information.

Firstly, I find it a little bit surprising as her chart suggests that she is an extrovert, and also a person that likes to give to the world rather than just taking it all in
So are we looking at the same chart, what makes you say this chart suggests she is extrovert. Virgo is quiet shy and unassuming, wants to work behind the scenes.Cancer sun if family orientated but in 11th house of friendships, hopes and wishes, large organisations. Her SUN is unaspected.....so that energy doesn't link with family or the chart and could poss swing from family to friends.

Her moon is square neptune, suggesting further problems with related to her mother and confusion as to her role perhaps as mother herself. Moon only has 2aspects and they relate to mum and aquarius as all know can be detached emotionally...venus conj Uranus is the divorce aspect and hides or keeps her affections to herself trapped in 12th house

use the search feature to look up 12th house threads...

When T Jupiter goes over her moon is also forms the opp to uranus, so sudden opportunities out of the blue, prob from women in her daily life....
Mars square Jupiter is a confidence aspects and mars square pluto is can be strong ego but also cos of 12th can suggest violence or abuse (behind the scenes) poss from childhood :whistling:

Lastly, wherever Saturn is placed is where we 'lack confidence' and it's in the 5th house of self employment and children!! but ask yourself what caused this lack of confidence, was is perhaps cos her mother was lacking?

noideaaboutastro

Thank you guys for your prompt replies.
Hi, I find it so nice that you are interested into giving a push and help your mother to find new interests/vocation...

I had a quick view only, your mom just underwent Saturn crossing Ascendant, this is kind of identity crisis, some structures collapse and new ones emerge, so it is the correct moment to find new interests or try somehow to evolve herself. Depression makes part of the picture, the collapse is not easy no matter the age, so she most probably needs a little bit time to recover and slowly start to re-build a new self, and she also needs support and fresh ideas and this is why it's nice you are there for her. But you shouldn't expect her to be an open book, with Moon in Aquarius sometimes feelings have no specific names.

Mars in Gemini right on her MC + Virgo rising is a good outfit for a fitness instructor, I bet she is quite successful in her profession and happy to do her job. I would look however at her Mercury (who is also ruler of her chart) as making part of a grand trine in water, together with jupiter in the 6th and neptune in the 3rd. Grand trines indicate a nice energy flow, however sometimes the flow is far too easy and the person does not get the maximum benefit out of it because we usually strive on the bad aspects, and we put no effort on the easy ones. So, with this grand trine in water, maybe what your mom is missing is a little spirituality, and this does not have to contradict physical training, why not to put these two aspects collaborate? What if she goes on an additional training as (power) yoga or pilates instructor? In this way she will learn something new/further, which she can utilize in her field, so she will feel (and be!) up-to-date in her sector and be able to "sell herself" better in her field, and at the same moment she will benefit deep inside from the introspection necessary for a grand water trine.

Just an idea, hope it helps you!

PS: One more point: Though I know nothing about your lives, I wouldn't say she messed up parenting: if you care so much now about her, definitely, no matter what mistakes she made, you are there to love and support each other. In any case with cusp of 5th in Capricorn and Saturn in Aquarius also in the 5th, parenting was not an easy role for her to undertake :wink:

Thank you Vinyasa for noticing the grand trine, I'm still very new so my eye usually misses those sorts of things. You are very spot on with that one, I think mum has nearly found her calling, it's just that because it comes to her easily she takes it for granted and doesn't realise how good she is at it. I will suggest those things to her, although my intuition tells me that maybe suggesting things like reflexology/physiotheraphy/some sort of massage thingy could also be helpful. She has always had a gift for those things but for some reason has never gone down that path, saying that her English just isn't good enough for those roles. I do believe those things will be good for her because I think she is aiming for lower than she could achieve.

In regards to her 5th house and Saturn, as her child I find it hard to see how Capricorn in 5th house really suits her at all - the opposite would be true I would say. I would also not call her distant Aquarius, although I strongly did not agree with her views in my tween/teen years on sex which were probably quite Aquarian. I would call her tyrannical in my childhood/youth days, but not at all distant.

Vinyasa,
[/B]
This has not been easy cos moon opp uranus shows difficult distant relationship with her mother. Venus quincunx saturn (I have this to) makes someone very giving but sometimes authority figures and father, don't quite understand what brings us pleasure (venus)

The water grand trine can make someone lazy and not make enough effort. Virgo is quite a shy worrier and very analytical but also a nit picker and Gemini and mars conj MC is all about communications and little bits of information.

So are we looking at the same chart, what makes you say this chart suggests she is extrovert. Virgo is quiet shy and unassuming, wants to work behind the scenes.Cancer sun if family orientated but in 11th house of friendships, hopes and wishes, large organisations. Her SUN is unaspected.....so that energy doesn't link with family or the chart and could poss swing from family to friends.

Her moon is square neptune, suggesting further problems with related to her mother and confusion as to her role perhaps as mother herself. Moon only has 2aspects and they relate to mum and aquarius as all know can be detached emotionally...venus conj Uranus is the divorce aspect and hides or keeps her affections to herself trapped in 12th house

use the search feature to look up 12th house threads...

When T Jupiter goes over her moon is also forms the opp to uranus, so sudden opportunities out of the blue, prob from women in her daily life....
Mars square Jupiter is a confidence aspects and mars square pluto is can be strong ego but also cos of 12th can suggest violence or abuse (behind the scenes) poss from childhood :whistling:

Lastly, wherever Saturn is placed is where we 'lack confidence' and it's in the 5th house of self employment and children!! but ask yourself what caused this lack of confidence, was is perhaps cos her mother was lacking?

Yes my mother has a very bad relationship with my grandmother (although I get along really well with my grandmother, more so than my mother). They have very different views of what it means to be a parent and I have no idea what happened between them but clearly they can't see eye to eye. I think she still might suffer from that actually.

I'm a bit surprised about the divorce aspect as she's being married to dad for 22 years and they seem to understand each other quite well - at least from the viewpoint of myself. It's not like they would tel me the nitty gritty of their relationship, I'm pretty thankful for that actually.

You are completely right about the water grand trine too, I think she has so much gift there that she just doesn't use it. Maybe if she stopped nitpicking and being such a worrier she would get more ahead, I think I'll her know that and tell her I'll support her through it but she has to stop saying, 'I can't do it/make it'.

A50, when does T Jupiter go over her moon so that I can keep it in the back of my head? She and an acquaintance of hers want to start a health/fitness-related business and that really fits in with 'a woman in her daily life'. Lol or it could be me:innocent: (doubt it).

Also, I am assuming that because she is nearly 50 she will be going through her Saturn return soon yes? I hope it doesn't hit her too hard. Is it the areas that are aspected to Saturn in her chart that it will affect in her life most?

Once again, thanks for your help, astrology is really complex and I doubt I would have being able to do a good reading without you guys:joyful:.

R4VEN

noidea..., how kind of you to be concerned about your mother. I agree that rather than mess up her parenting of you, she actually managed to do a great job. Her 5th house suggests that her role as a parent may mellow and get better with age. She may have been a trifle distant and detached with you - although I agree with you that she is also deeply emotional. Perhaps she is nearing an age when she can feel safe in expressing some of that emotion.

Her Mars placement indicates to me that she has to believe in the value of what she does. She also possesses (naturally) quite high levels of energy, drive and ambition. With Chiron in the 6th there is also a desire to be of use and of service to others. She would not be happy for long just doing any job for the money. She must feel that what she is doing is having some kind of positive impact in the lives of others.

I can see also why it is she is now being drawn towards working with children. Firstly, Saturn's transit over her ascendant would have taken her into a deep space of introspection and giving-herself-a-hard-time for things not yet achieved. Her 12th house is perhaps where she is looking to `seed' her next career move. The planets she has there - in particular the Venus-Pluto conjunction - indicate that she has observed - or perhaps even experienced first-hand - some difficulties in her own childhood, and she may be looking to help children in some way. She would have felt somewhat invisible as a child herself, and I'll bet that she is ready to work with this in some way - the best way being for her to work with young kids.

Now, not knowing her qualifications or anything it is hard for me to pinpoint anything specific. Given she's a successful fitness instructor, perhaps she can use what she knows, but transfer it to children.

I keep looking at the 8th house, since that is the house which her natal Mars rules. Your mother is actually quite sensitive, and her 3rd house Neptune confers a very creative - but not terribly practical or business-oriented - mind. This does not mean that she cannot create a small business for herself, but she should have some kind of advice were she to set up a small business. After all, Cancerians make really astute business people - Sir Richard Branson being one pretty obvious example. I would suggest that in order to create a path unique to her own abilities, skills and interests that she will need to think outside the square.

A50, when does T Jupiter go over her moon so that I can keep it in the back of my head? She and an acquaintance of hers want to start a health/fitness-related business and that really fits in with 'a woman in her daily life'. Lol or it could be me:innocent: (doubt it).

Also, I am assuming that because she is nearly 50 she will be going through her Saturn return soon yes? I hope it doesn't hit her too hard. Is it the areas that are aspected to Saturn in her chart that it will affect in her life most?

End November ish
http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/2000/nov2009gmt.shtml
2nd saturn return-- it takes saturn 28years to go around the zodiac as does prog moon. So 28+28 = 56 but lasts for 2.5years
Remember wherever your Saturn is, is where we 'lack confidence' and to compensate, so when saturn returns to 5th, self employment, creativity, recreational matters will be 'tested and evaluated' for thier usefulness...

http://www.newage-directory.com/saturn.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/saturn.html
http://www.saturnreturn.net/what_is.html
http://www.examiner.com/x-2766-Atlan...-Saturn-return

noideaaboutastro

End November ish
http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/2000/nov2009gmt.shtml
2nd saturn return-- it takes saturn 28years to go around the zodiac as does prog moon. So 28+28 = 56 but lasts for 2.5years
Remember wherever your Saturn is, is where we 'lack confidence' and to compensate, so when saturn returns to 5th, self employment, creativity, recreational matters will be 'tested and evaluated' for thier usefulness...

http://www.newage-directory.com/saturn.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/saturn.html
http://www.saturnreturn.net/what_is.html
http://www.examiner.com/x-2766-Atlan...-Saturn-return

Thanks A50. Her Saturn Return won't begin until February 2021 so we have ample time until then to prepare! Why did I think that there was an important transit at 50? Or is that Chiron???

noideaaboutastro

Hey noidea, when are you going to change your name? :sideways: You are correct, at ca. 50 years old it's Chiron return and it is very important, actually Chiron is at the moment at ca.21° Aquarius (guess what: over your mom's Moon!) and he will start to get really close to her Natal Chiron ca. beginning of summer 2012. Included retrograde phases etc you feel the presence for 1,5-2 years...

Wish you a lot of love and happiness for you and your mother and for the years to come! :)

Thanks for the info! I don't know if you can have name changes on this board?

I think we have decided on one of the hands-on health sciences. We are thinking physiotheraphy maybe.

Thanks for the threads A50 :)