Moon / Asc opposition + bowl pattern — significant?

Hello all — would love any brief thoughts or input anyone could give me about meanings for the oppositions and conjunctions going on between Moon /
ascendant / nodes / mars and any extra significance due to the bowl pattern, with these aspects at the “rim”

Thank you in advance

https://bit.ly/2AYSHl7

PS my chart is in whole sign houses as this is how I’ve been taught, other house systems have the same aspects I am asking about here.

Last edited:

Harmelia

As far as the bowl pattern is concerned, the focal point is 10 degrees cancer, near the IC, 4th house. Theoretically, it gives an intense focus upon home, family, psychology, your deep inner private self.

All your planets are OUT THERE in the social world, so your Libra Moon and South Node isn't the only indication of you being very active or attuned to thinking about yourself in social terms. That bowl suggests that you need to also turn inward and FEEL yourself apart from who are with people or in social situations.

You tend to define yourself through outward relationships. That Mars and North Node in Aries is also asking you to simply BE yourself independent of what others may think or want you to be. That's a strong goal for this lifetime.

You are physically active with Aries rising and Mars on the ASC.

Since so much of your chart makes you so social, your goal here is to find a way to truly be yourself - a strong individual - within your relationships. You are simply trying to strengthen an independent sense of self within all that social activity. That will be something you'll be working on a long time. It'll take some work changing the way you think about yourself and relationship in general. It will take some doing to be more reflective and emotionally sensitive, but it's a worthy goal. You do tend to approach your feelings from a mental place - you handle your feelings through thinking. But to be truly independent, you need to FEEL who you are.

Thank you so much Harmelia.

I think the moon is my cutting planet?

It's strange, I don't identify much with my Aries/Mars, though it's such a strong part of my chart, but what you've said about the importance of moving towards this makes so much sense. Physicality, sense of physical presence or ease is a massively dominating part of my psyche – having it, not having it. So whilst those typical Aries/Mars attributes don't sync naturally with how I often am, it is a huge part of how I think and feel, working towards it, or feeling dominated or frustrated by its lack.

Harmelia

You are welcome! Yes, your Moon is the lead planet for the bowl. The Moon is always one of the most important planets in everyone's chart - along with the Sun, ASC and Nodes.
Your Moon is conjunct your SN right on the very sensitive DES cusp. It's prominent. Most people find it difficult to "do" their NN, so it's rather normal to not be as in touch with your Aries self. But, you will get better at it with time. It'd be really good to find a physical activity you like doing if you haven't already.
ANY movement at all will be healthy and very positive. Watch for negative uses of Aries and Mars - nervousness, impulsiveness, aggressiveness - that kind of thing. Work with it knowing the potential is there. Turn it into positive passion for something.
Venus is trine your ASC - so that's good for being kind and loving. That Pluto in Scorpio in the 7th quincunxes the ASC - use your power to help others as well as to evolve your own self in relationships. It can also help you evolve that NN, Aries, Mars. Study Aries and Mars and learn all about its traits. You will use it to set boundaries between you and others. That's positive for you. The really cool things I like about Aries is it usually has a bubbly, happy countenance. It has this inspirational side - it is fire - energetic, healthy, and it has a sense of itself as an individual. It can be a leader.

Mars in Aries, Jupiter in Pisces, and Pluto in Scorpio are your planets in dignity or rulership. They are very strong. They can express strongly. It'd be great to contemplate how you're doing them and feeling them.

All the planets and signs have positive and negative traits. It's up to us to learn to use them positively. Most of us will have some of both - positive and negative uses. So, as we go through life - we observe ourselves and decide - what isn't working well for us and then we work toward the positive uses of those energies. Everyone's chart is perfect for them - for what they need to learn. We each have a unique task. Owning that task and acknowledging that who we are is perfect and special - and there's no one like us - and it's a blessing to be able to develop this specialness - gives life meaning and direction.
Yes, I bet you could be very interested in spiritual things and bringing that spiritual energy down into the body. Grounding it. Owning it. Being it. Am I right?

This is extraordinary!

"Watch for negative uses of Aries and Mars - nervousness, impulsiveness, aggressiveness - that kind of thing. Work with it knowing the potential is there. Turn it into positive passion for something."

These negatives can manifest in strange 'shadow' ways for me – the nervousness and impulsiveness in particular, which I feel undermine those more embodied positives of the Mars/Aries identity, and as a sense of 'detachment' and sometimes even a total lack of physical presence or engagement. This was something that always puzzled me about that Aries/Mars aspect and prominence. Yet, in its absence, it's also really a dominant issue for me (my main one, really) the thing I feel most actively I lack or struggle with.

"I bet you could be very interested in spiritual things and bringing that spiritual energy down into the body. Grounding it. Owning it. Being it." – YES!

I hope you don't mind, but I have one more question – but I don't want to take too much of your time, so please feel free to ignore...

You mentioned "the focal point is 10 degrees cancer, near the IC, 4th house. Theoretically, it gives an intense focus upon home, family, psychology, your deep inner private self" – so this is the 'empty' space in my chart, would this suggest a preoccupation because of the absence of activity there?

Harmelia

I'm glad you're finding this helpful! I'm an older woman now, and, my aim is to simply share what I've learned. So I'm happy to share.

Yes, with the bowl - we look at the center point between the two opposing planets - in your case, Moon and Mars. So that's how I got that Cancer focal point. Your bowl is turned upside down and what's in the bowl is falling out exactly there. That point becomes what you're looking at. This is theory, but if it fits, then this may be a helpful point.

Bowls tend to be intensely focused people. Your Moon leads and the focal point is the Moon's natural house. That can be experienced in any number of ways though - so you'll have to intuit what it is for you. It can be:

1. a sense of emotional security
2. having a family, children
3. studying psychology or doing any kind of inner work
5. developing compassion
6. doing dream work
7. developing a more private sense of self or doing things that feeds this
8. growing your individual consciousness
9. and more

But we already know that you are developing Aries, Mars - so whatever that Cancer point means for you, it will include developing an inner sense of individual, private, interior self - and the Aries, Mars ASC - is projecting that out into the world and relating to others from this sense of self.