What does Dasha's mean

Moog

What does Mahadasha, Antar Dasha and pratyantar dasha.....

They refer to a 'timetable' used mainly in Indian or Vedic astrology. However, there are similar systems used by Western traditional astrologers, such as zodiacal releasing.

Each planet in your chart rules certain periods of your life, and we experience effects related to the placement of the planet.

This is based on a lunar progression calculation.

xen

Hey moog,

thanks for your reply...

one more thing.....where can i get interpretation of Antar Dasha and pratyantar dasha from....

Moog

Hey moog,

thanks for your reply...

one more thing.....where can i get interpretation of Antar Dasha and pratyantar dasha from....

From the specifics of your question, I assume that you have access to some kind of MD interpretation. So you can perhaps extrapolate or synthesise from that.

The Antardasha and other minor dashas are a lot like a Mahadasha only (a) it's shorter (b) the Antar and Pratyantar dasha lords have less 'authority' or 'power' than the MD lord

The effect of the AD or PD depends on the relationship between them and the MD lord.

Moog

thanks heaps moog for your reply...

i hv tried to google it....i found this...

http://www.indianastrology2000.com/dasha/jupiter-a.php#ju

still its kinda confusing...cuz its all same in all...antardasa..

These general descriptions aren't very helpful, since they do not take into account the specific effects that are dependent on how planets are situated in your chart.

Example; in a recent bhukti of Jupiter, a friend of mine went bankrupt. Among the reasons; Jupiter is debilitated and in the 12th house in her chart, and rules 2 and 11 (Aqua rising). Jupiter was also in a very bad transit position.