A Natal chart for fun.

B

Bob

Hi all,

The purpose of this chart is to hone skills and test out all the various styles including guessing and all intuitive methods. This is not a test to pit one skill against another, just to see which themes are noticed more easily when all the various methods are applied. If this is successful I will list one chart every week. To help you, I will say that absolutely no-one can be affected by any comments made about this chart and I will suggest a few categories such as childhood, career, personality traits or hobbies. Are/were they a happy person? Have they achieved any notoriety or are they completely un-noticed. Are their any particular skills that stand out enough to be used in every day practice? Are/were they a parent? Is/was there anything that might suggest a genius? Anything at all, you have complete free reign to say as much good, bad or ugly as you see fit. Like I said earlier no-one can be affected, if this post attracts a fair amount of interest we can do it more often. I will reveal the subject and their life when everyone agrees they have finished.

Have fun

Bob

B2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/Antiscia/B2.jpg

House system used is Porphyry: If anyone would prefer a different house system please say so and I will replace this one. However, the angles will still remain the same.

Last edited:

Lissa

Wow Bob,I just love this kinds of things!Although I have to say I find the chart a little difficult to read.I love this kinds of initiatives and I hope this post is successful enough for you to do it again but,in case that happens,could you please post the chart in a bigger size?...

Uranus in Taurus,Neptune in Virgo and Pluto in Cancer..the only thing I can say is that the person is probably already dead...Sun,Moon,Mercury and Venus are all in Capricorn,being the Sun,Mercury and Venus in the9th and the Sun conjunct the Capricorn MC from the9th too..Did the person have a career related to Philosophy(9th house emphasis)?Philosophy revolves around rational,critical thiking,all things in which Capricorn is quite good at...The Sun makes part of a Earth grand trine with Uranus and Neptune,which supports my idea of a Philosophical career.I have the feeling he was probably a revolutionary in his area.The Moon is in debility and Venus isn't also in a very emotional sign,so the person was probably very guarded about his/hers emotions,perhaps even a little bit cold...

Ok,this is all I can say for now,I will probably get back when I give this some more thought.I'm only a begginer and I have the feelings I did everything wrong,I will probably die in shame when some more experienced astrologer takes a look at this but well,I'll never learn if I don't try:p lol.

Happy easter!
Lissa

flea

Hmmm cool thread.

Some one with a very serious steady nature, works hard very dedicated. Looking at the physical world as far as bringing about governmental structures or at least the matrix humans design to live by. This was the focus of life that did actually create some kind of socail structure/matrix that impacted society as a whole. Probably a chart that shows how the spiritual can be maifested in the world through using the earth signs in a creative way.

My ten cents....

Love& Light
Flea

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Without additional information and not having important transit charts, I will be looking for potential from the chart.

The Stellum in the 9th and around the MC in Cap appear to tell what this individual is known for. I am seeing a dynamic, charasmatic, yet gentle person. This person could well be seen as a spiritual leader, healer, or a master that could convey concepts quite lovingly. Mercury is Conjunct Venus very tightly, and we find the lord of the third (communications) is also Mercury. I believe the person was probably not married. The lord of the 7th is Mars found in the 11th house, appearing that humanity was more important than the individual. There is additional confirmation that the SN (road of least resistance) and the part of fortune are in the 1st house (self). The lord of the 5th is the Sun found smack in the middle of the stellum and conjunct the MC. So, the desire or love in life is the work this individual has done, and with Neptune in the 5th, the theme of religion or philosophy are again seen. Neptune is Retrograde, so there maybe some extreme bit of self delusion or possibly a closet drinker? Uranus in the 12th retro gives an individual that is progressive in his thinking and known for concepts that are quite forward and liberating.

All the different lords of houses and planetary placements show the area of work is the focus of this individual's life. Even the 8th house is empty but the lord of the house Jupiter is found in the 10th... a possible assassination? (hee hee or death by being tossed off an electric pony ride... endless possiblilities there).

That's my take,
TK

Neptune Rising

Libra20 said:
Plus, the PoF is a grand trine in earth with Neptune and the Moon. Perhaps this prominance was in a spiritual field, but the recognition is in the material world (earth)

I agree with this, grand trine in Earth, involving the P Fort, maybe someone who attracts money easily.

Sun, Mercury and Venus in the 9th house, involved very much with religion, philosophy or travel, communicates about these subjects. Maybe someone who travels to spread philosophy/religion?? Mars in Pisces 11 house, social and sensitive.

Anything more than this is a blur to me! :confused:

Neptune

B

Bob

Hi all,

First a big thankyou for participating and helping to kick start this insightful natal reading exercise. Other sites are doing a similar thing but I hope to get as many replies as I can before we enter a specific discussion about this persons life. When no more replies are forthcoming I/we will do a mini step by step delineation which should prove very helpful to all our future delineations. You have all made some very good insights so far, I hope we get more.

Don't be afraid to have a poke and...Don't hold back! What could the upper most inspirations this person could reach; alternatively, to what depths might this character sink to? I can promise you will all be pleasantly surprised.

When we have done a few I will hand the reigns over to someone else to put myself in the same position. Maybe we could do it from a who ever gets closest out of three could be the next chart poster if they wish, I really don't mind as it is only for fun, not to prove who might have the most knowledge. Come on folks, I have read some good replies by many of you all over the forum, please join in and help the young up and coming budding astrologers.

Wintersprite1
Without additional information and not having important transit charts, I will be looking for potential from the chart.

If I gave important transits it might give the chart away. Yes you are spot on with the analysis being about potential in general, you started to get right on track but I'm saying no more yet.

Great observations about the Lot of Fortune from some of you. Also Lissa & flea also hit the mark in some areas. Good work

Keep em coming

Bob

Frisiangal

Hi Bob,
I recently heard about 'dwads'....the 2.5 degr. breakdown of every sign that can provide more background info., so I'd like simply to attempt if practise and theory are one and the same, using the main features of the angles/rulers.:) For those like me unafficiated in the use of dwads, the first 2.5.degr. of a sign is the sign itself and the rest follow in zodiacal order.

Ascendant :15*44' Taurus in 2nd decanate (Virgo) in 7th dwad (Scorpio)

This would suggest a person that perceives the world through practical, tangible experience( Taurus). Facts are dissected and proven through detailed physical evidence (Virgo decanate) obtained by experimentation/research into that which is yet unknown (Scorpio). The person is/was very physically present, perhaps with a lean build (Virgo), yet with a forceful almost hypnotic side (Scorpio) that could capture and captivate any audience. May be/have been an obsessive stickler (Scorpio) for precision (Virgo).

Venus, ruler Taurus on 3*40' Capricorn in 1st decanate (Capricorn), 2nd dwad (Aquarius) in 9th house. ( Conjunct Mercury).

This nature is expressed through the 9th house. With such a further heavy Earth content, there's nothing 'wishy-washy' about this person, although it may have far-fetched idealisitic tendancies (Sag. on 9th cusp). There is a 'commanding' and 'leadership' (Capricorn +M.C) quality that knows what it is doing and talking about in presenting cold and solid hard (Capricorn) facts regarding reform and change (Aquarius + trine Uranus) in a manner that makes it a respected authority(Capricorn) in its specific field of expertise (9th house). With 9th house cusp under influence of Sagittarius, the person would seek to gain recognition of and beyond the environment into which it was born.
Love and devotion to a subject would be life-long, although not necessarily to a partner!

(Will go for M.C. next time !):D

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I have been mulling over this chart and keep coming up with a twist in possibilities. Concentrating on the 11th, we have Mars squaring the nodes, showing a possible act of aggression as a fated incident. Also in the 11th we find Saturn trine a retrograde Pluto in the 4th house. This could appear to show a crime against humanity. With the lord of the 8th in the 10th, a public death. Then looking at Uranus in the 12th, it is retrograde also, so even if the thinking of this individual was progressive, it may have only appealed to a select group. There is a suggestion of possible imprisonment based on actions toward humanity. I keep thinking, this could easily have been the chart for an individual such as the Reverend Jim Jones.

TK

Frisiangal

Dwads - Part deux.;)

M.C. Capricorn, 2nd decanate (Taurus), 7th dwad (Cancer)
Sun conjunct MC, 2nd decanate, 5th dwad (Taurus)
Moon conjunct MC, 2nd decanate, 8th dwad (Leo)

This would suggest a public figure (Moon in Cap. conj. MC) with impressive (Moon) directive, dictatorial leadership qualities (Leo), whom 'the people' (Moon) would look up to. Practical with a hint of stubbornness (Taurus). With the strong 9th house influence, such a person could easily be influential within the laws that others live by; a sort of 'Moses' in the field, whether as government official, army general, church minister, on a board of directors, in a penal institution, or local doctor. Even a mother with a house full of kids who very adequately rules the roost!

Saturn, ruler of Capricorn, in Pisces in 11th house.
3rd decanate (Scorpio), 12th dwad (Aquarius).
Trine Pluto in Cancer in 4th, opposite Neptune in Virgo.

An anchor or 'hard rock' in a 'community', 'humanitarian', 'separationalist' and/or international sect (Aquarius on 11th house cusp,12th dwad) realm, with the ability to lift people from everyday reality into 'other worldly spheres' by their losing touch with reality (Pisces + opposition Neptune). Someone whose personal home life was totally changed by a powerful new order (Pluto in Cancer) and the effect of compulsive control over life and death (3rd decanate + trine Scorpio in Cancer (begin and end of life), which thereby became a 'mission for humanity' (Saturn in Pisces, Scorpio decanate, Aquarius dwad?) to do something about. Saturn and Pluto are both retrograde and on the so-called 'critical degrees'. The person may have felt 'chosen' for such a mission.
Pisces is associated with spiritual transcendance, but with Saturn to Neptune in Virgo (Taurus decanate and dwad) the person could use Piscean creative (5th house) skills in an ordinary, everyday (Virgo) practical (Taurus) 'Earthly' way to ease physical pain and/or problems (Saturn) through music, medicine and drugs, film and photography, mystical illusion, etc.etc. 5th house hobbies might have included physical exertion; e.g. a good swimmer which Saturn in Pisces would encourage and provide discipline within a team (11th house) spirit that could achieve on international and world level (Saturn rules MC). On a personal level; a love of fishing....even of men?:rolleyes: .

B

Bob

Hi all,

Frisiangal,

thankyou for joining in and helping kick-start a mystery chart thread, I have often enjoyed reading your remarks all over the forum. I am very familiar with both kinds of dwads and dwadasamsas and use them myself all the time. Your directness makes for very pleasant reading and your implementing of dwads as part of a basic delineation is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping people would do. In line with your normal high quality posts I have to say, you have given a very good demonstration of how they can be used within the context of a natal chart which people who don’t understand them will be able to refer to and start to use themselves. It would also be fair to say you have captured the essence of this person very well and I look forward to reading any other techniques you may wish to apply to this chart.

Note:
Because the masculine/feminine nature would be a helpful addition when trying to understand a person or nativity (especially in blind reading) I think I should add that this chart belongs to a male person.

Wintersprite1,

Thankyou also for keeping the thread interesting. It is also interesting that you think there could be a possible criminal link; we will come back to this at the end of the thread. One of the things I was hoping to show was how astrology works with many varied techniques, no one of them being any more right than any other. What do you (or anybody else) make of the earthy Grand Trine? Great posts, I look forward to reading more.

Can anyone elaborate on the personality of this male chart?

The thread is shaping up nicely, it looks like we could make this a regular thing if we could just get more people involved.

Best regards

Bob

flea

I seem to have a more intuitive approach to this stuff. I see certain sign planets aspects and things stand out stronger than others. Not very intellectual or ordered but there you go that's what I get out of astrology.

The chart put me in mind of someone, so was quite surprised,when the taurus rising, cap MC, and Pluto in Cancer all came up. In something of a similar pattern too, but not the same.

So that led me on to the timing of the birth and what was happening in the world and more specifically US. Human rights issues, racism, foreign wars were all part of the package in the 60's when this person would have been at their height. Male seemed to be unquestioned for me, but that could be prejudice on my part as governmental issues stood out, and too many women featured back then. The Pluto/Uranus conjunction took centre stage in the mid 60's so that is about revolution, which could involve this birthing of a new spiritual attuned society structure.

The Sag/Gem axis is strong in US chart, where the Pisces/Virgo axis is squaring this. So Saturn Neptune is squaring US which talks about social structure. I dont think the status quo was happy with whatever this person brought in to play. Two malefics in 11th house, so society or the powers that be put up a struggle.

I think this guy may have gone through a personal transformation, pluto close nadir. Aspected by Jupiter and Saturn this may have been a reaction to what he saw around him. Neptune in 5th and Scorpio on descendent, may have had a strong sexual traits or attractions, dealt with illusions in relationship. I would guess they never married although had many relationships. Probably no children, but that does not mean they didn't relate well to children.

The node in 7th in Sag, is position is a little at odds with itself to my thinking. Maybe that freedom to follow your own path eventually comes back to an enhanced relationship with another. You go the other way to become closer, to understand the nature of relationship and the laws that govern it. But I think this could be a long long term learning over the whole of the life and not necessarily manifest.

This is much fun

Love&Light
Flea

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Thought I would give it another round...

Looking at the 3rd House who's Lord is Gemini. It is empty, but we find Mercury tightly conjunct Venus in the 9th... Could this person have a set of siblings, that were either born close in time or be twins. One would be a girl, the other represented by Merc is unknown. The retro to Merc could make for a sickly child. I would venture to guess, the Mercury child is indeed a Gemini then.

The 4th House cusp is in Cancer and there is the Pluto in Cancer retro placed. An intense childhood with a strong Mother figure and absent or distant Father. The Mother has a strong influence emotionally and mentally on this person. She is the Stellum at the MC.

The 5th house has Virgo intercepted, so there may likely be no children born to this person. ALTHOUGH, knowing life has it's own sneaky way of manifesting itself, if there is a child, the Cusp is ruled by Leo and the position of the Sun would suggest if a child had indeed come from this person, it would follow in his father's footsteps. Neptune in the 5th would also follow in the spiritual vein we all have suggested for this individual.

About the Earth trine. I think this would show in the personality with so much play with the part of Fortune and the Asc. in Taurus. We should have someone with a medium steardy build, dark hair, with a slower almost musical cadence to his speaking. This person appears comfortable in all situations, and has the appeal of a common sense type of approach. With Pluto in the 4th, he would have mastered early on how to use a magnetic, almost hypnotic "vibe".

TK

Natasha

Lots of earth. Sun Moon & ascendant in earth. 6 planets in earth, 3 planets in water 1 planet jupiter in 10thin air and no fire
9th house has 3 planets. jupier pluto opposition espectially jupiter in 10th would indicate a drive for power or success. trines sun to uranus, moon to I 11th house action with Saturn & mars both in Pisces.
neptune and saturn to pluto.
wonder if this person was a religious leader in some kind of way.

Frisiangal

Hi again, Bob,
I hope you have taken down the door so that my head can get through. Such compliments.:D

I have but one thing to add. I WISH YOU HAD USED THE PLACIDUS HOUSE SYSTEM! It places Saturn firmly in the 12th house opposing Neptune, ruler 12th house. Would have made it so much easier to get closer to the right answer. ;)

An interesting comparison is the chart of King Carlos of Spain. Almost identical! What a difference upbringing can make.

BTW: what's a dwadasamsa ?

F.

B

Bob

Hi Frisiangal & all,

I am putting up the placidus chart for yourself, everyone who reads placidus natal charts and for me to practice getting a good size chart.

abracadabra...

MysteryCht1.jpg

An interesting comparison is the chart of King Carlos of Spain. Almost identical! What a difference upbringing can make.

Thankyou for pointing this out, I shall have a look later this evening. I agree too about how an upbringing can turn a crook into a lord or the reverse. The movie 'Trading Places' springs to mind.

BTW: what's a dwadasamsa ?

It could be described as a 12th harmonic showing what is lying hidden or secret, or a connection to accumulative fate/karma that could seem to weigh one down with burdens or ill-health. From an Hellenistic viewpoint Schmidt theorizes that the dwadasamsa is the outcome of a planets action.

Thanks also to flea, wintersprite1 and natasha for your most interesting additions.

Best regards,

Bob

wilsontc

Staff member
birth info, to Bob

Bob,

I know you want to keep things secret as much as possible, but it would be very helpful to me if you would post the birth info so I can create the chart myself. I find my own home created charts much easier for me to understand since they allow me to see how close planets are to the next house, what aspects are to the points in the chart, use my own orbs, see the aspect grid, see which planets are OOB, etc. I promise not to tell if I recognize the chart! ;)

Here are my thoughts from what I can see in the chart (thanks for making it Placidus)!

Religion is STRONGLY indicated:
- Saturn (duty, also structure) focused in the 12th house (spirituality) opposite (energy is over-excited by) Neptune (spirituality)
- Jupiter (expansion, also religion) sextile (energy goes easily with) Sagittarius (expansion, also religion) modifying North node (future goals)
- More of the planets focused in the 9th house (expansion, also religion) and the 12th house (spirituality) than any other houses

Also issues of religious power:
- Jupiter opposite Pluto (transformation, also power, control)

Needs to be an "authority":
- More planets in Capricorn (duty, also authority) than any other sign

Needs to be a religious authority:
- Jupiter focused in the 10th house (duty, also authority)

Need for doing things their own way:
- Uranus (friends, also rebellion) conjunct (energy is combined with) Ascendant (self)

Anger issues
- Mars (being, also anger) square (energy needs to be combined with) North node

Martyr complex
- The sign Saturn is in indicates how we defend ourselves - A Saturn in Pisces defends themselves by playing the martyr (the "poor me" syndrome)

Strong need for power and authority
- Both Pluto and Saturn in a "fate degree"

Thoughtfully,

Tim

B

Bob

Hi Tim & all,

Tim:
I know you want to keep things secret as much as possible, but it would be very helpful to me if you would post the birth info so I can create the chart myself. I find my own home created charts much easier for me to understand since they allow me to see how close planets are to the next house, what aspects are to the points in the chart, use my own orbs, see the aspect grid, see which planets are OOB, etc.

I know exactly what you mean Tim, I will only rarely answer a post if I cannot erect the chart myself. Maybe it is a familiarity with the software we use to calculate charts or a need for us to know the chart is calculated correctly, in either case it is many times harder to read a chart where one just has a bland picture.
Tim, even on the few remarks you made you did hit the nail right on the head in a couple of your sentences. There does seem to be a strong religious theme coming through.

I honestly don't know whether a little extra info from me would be helpfull and I would be grateful for any suggestions. One thing I am wondering is whether to give helpful hints to help people focus without actually giving too much away. Because I have made a reference to the religious context coming through and I don't want to trick or mislead anyone I will give a hint about the religious tendencies of this chart owner. He was not religious in the sense of living his life according to God's divine plan.

Tim,
I will send you the natal data by pm if that is ok? I will do the same for anyone that may want to just observe from the sidelines, pm me and I will forward the data.

Note to all:
If anyone has any good suggestions on how to make the thread more interesting I will be more than happy to include them. This thread is shaping up nicely and I would just like to invite anyone that might want to use midpoints, asteroids or trans-neptunians or just plain intuitive guesswork, it is all welcomed with open arms.

Thanks again to all contributors

Bob

Frisiangal

Hi again,
Can I put forward a thought I have often had regarding how character and circumstances act out in a chart? If there is an abundance of a particular element, would this not show in the manner through which life is lived and experienced? E.g. I have a heavy Earth element so I experience life through hard facts and/of tangible events, even with the planets in fire, air and water. Would someone with a heavy water signature still experience planets in earth, air and fire through their emotional and sensitive side? Or those with a heavy air temperament treat events with other element planets through theorising about their outcome.
The example chart is very Earthy, so a Saturn in Pisces might not be so much 'spiritual' as a tangible bottle of booze, and a Jupiter in Aquarius not so much 'great humanitarian activity' but a physical rebellious disregard of the law, if you know what I mean.

Am I making any sense?:eek:

F.

flea

Martin Luther King was the taurus rising cap MC, and similar pattern with the Pluto cancer I mentioned. I thought it was interesting to compare with Frisiangal's King Carlos.

I like the analogy of "trading places", it shows how an individual plays their own chart to my mind.

L&L
flea

wilsontc

Staff member
more thoughts, to Bob

Bob,

Thanks for sending me the chart data! I now see that:

There is a stronger interest in innovation/rebellion
- two planets are very close to being in the 11th house (friends, also innovation, rebellion)

Values and relationships are very important to this person
- Venus (physical, also personal values/relationships) is OOB

This person feels that they are strongly interconnected
- The Ascendant, Descendant, IC, and Midheaven together form a Mystic Rectangle (strong energy), pulling together all parts of the person

Still thinking,

Tim

Last edited: