What career is best for this person?

darkskies

Someone I'm very close to is having tough times at the moment in terms of reaching their career goals. would love an interpretation on this. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? :lol:. They are very into creative stuff if that helps.

Attachments

• shelby chart.png
    shelby chart.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 44

waybread

I notice that the given birth time is 12:00. Is this accurate? If not, we cannot look at houses, and it is probably best not to include any. The 10th house is an important career indicator, but if we cannot use the one in this chart if the birth time is made up. Yes, we can look at other factors, but it's best if we know.

darkskies

I notice that the given birth time is 12:00. Is this accurate? If not, we cannot look at houses, and it is probably best not to include any. The 10th house is an important career indicator, but if we cannot use the one in this chart if the birth time is made up. Yes, we can look at other factors, but it's best if we know.

she was definitely born at this time :)

xichuwangwai

Someone I'm very close to is having tough times at the moment in terms of reaching their career goals. would love an interpretation on this. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? :lol:. They are very into creative stuff if that helps.

personal finance (I don't know those financing jobs) in a bank or something

waybread

Thanks. I notice that her sun, Mercury, and Venus in Taurus are in an intercepted sign in the 10th house of career. This suggests to me that while her career (10th house) is extremely important to her, she has difficulty in understanding herself (sun) and therefore it is hard to identify a career that will really feel like it fits her like hand-in-glove. She may always wonder whether her career expresses her true self, because that self is a bit of a cipher. Uranus square sun augments this issue, because Uranus tends to change or disrupt what it touches.

The strongest planet in her chart is that domiciled Venus in Taurus. If she is musical or artistic, she may not make a ton of money at it, but she can express her talents.

With Aries on the cusp of her 10th house of career, Mars in Virgo in the second house is also a player. The second house rules one's own money: the 8th house deals more with money that is shared in some way such as investments and insurance.

Mars is at the tip of a "yod" formation, so making money will probably be important to her. If she's not good at math, no problem, thanks to calculators! It's more a question of logic and the ability to forecast financial trends.

Virgo is ruled by Mercury, which is also in her 10th house of career. Mercury rules thinking and communicating (good for teachers) and it also rules the hands (good for some jobs, including playing a musical instrument)

darkskies

Thanks. I notice that her sun, Mercury, and Venus in Taurus are in an intercepted sign in the 10th house of career. This suggests to me that while her career (10th house) is extremely important to her, she has difficulty in understanding herself (sun) and therefore it is hard to identify a career that will really feel like it fits her like hand-in-glove. She may always wonder whether her career expresses her true self, because that self is a bit of a cipher. Uranus square sun augments this issue, because Uranus tends to change or disrupt what it touches.

The strongest planet in her chart is that domiciled Venus in Taurus. If she is musical or artistic, she may not make a ton of money at it, but she can express her talents.

With Aries on the cusp of her 10th house of career, Mars in Virgo in the second house is also a player. The second house rules one's own money: the 8th house deals more with money that is shared in some way such as investments and insurance.

Mars is at the tip of a "yod" formation, so making money will probably be important to her. If she's not good at math, no problem, thanks to calculators! It's more a question of logic and the ability to forecast financial trends.

Virgo is ruled by Mercury, which is also in her 10th house of career. Mercury rules thinking and communicating (good for teachers) and it also rules the hands (good for some jobs, including playing a musical instrument)

Thank you very much for the interpretation! :D. Yeah she sings, dances, does art and acts. She really wants to become a ballet dancer but its a very short lived career and super competitive. I see no harm in trying, I just wished she lowered her expectations abit and thought more long term haha. My first house is in capricorn that's probably why it frustrates me :lol:.

I think I'll leave her to it, to figure things out herself :). like she's extremely picky with jobs and kinda definies herself through her career. She's very into the whole, "making it big"/mass recognition sort of thing. To me, as long as you're doing things that makes you happy, that's the most important thing.

I showed her your interpretation :)

xichuwangwai

So you reckon a banking/finance job is suitable for this person? lol. They aren't that great at maths, as much as I love them lol

you don't like it doesn't mean she doesn't like it, and even if she doesn't like it, you think everybody just... supposed to have a job they like?

darkskies

you don't like it doesn't mean she doesn't like it, and even if she doesn't like it, you think everybody just... supposed to have a job they like?

She definitely wouldn't be interested in a finance job. I wasn't suggesting that everyone is supposed to have a job they enjoy. but she does want a career that's perfect for her and that she loves. This is very important to her. I was just trying to see if this was a suitable option for her.

xichuwangwai

She definitely wouldn't be interested in a finance job. I wasn't suggesting that everyone is supposed to have a job they enjoy. but she does want a career that's perfect for her and that she loves. This is very important to her. I was just trying to see if this was a suitable option for her.

there's an old saying "things change", you don't like it now, doesn't mean you won't like it in the future
you walk into a supermarket, you see these clerks, you might think "they're just ordinary people", but you know what, they might be pretty good at writing, music, or even philosophy, sure, their writing was never published, their music was never popular, their philosophy was never taken seriously, so now they just work there, and do the things they like as hobbies
when you're 20, you think the world is your lobster, but guess what, it might be not, it might be someone else's, or even worse, you might be their lobster

darkskies

there's an old saying "things change", you don't like it now, doesn't mean you won't like it in the future
you walk into a supermarket, you see these clerks, you might think "they're just ordinary people", but you know what, they might be pretty good at writing, music, or even philosophy, sure, their writing was never published, their music was never popular, their philosophy was never taken seriously, so now they just work there, and do the things they like as hobbies
when you're 20, you think the world is your lobster, but guess what, it might be not, it might be someone else's, or even worse, you might be their lobster

I think you misunderstood me abit. Like I know not everyone is able to achieve their dreams and sometimes you have to settle for jobs you don't like. Trust me, I've done alot of jobs I don't like, just to make ends meet. But I see no problem in at least trying to pursue your dreams. On my previous post in this thread, I did state how I don't think you need to "make it" to be happy.

I really do stand by the whole Creative stuff can be a hobby too and doesn't need to be career. It's just not the case for this person. She wants to pursue something creative but I see no harm in her trying.

Like I get it, I'm young but I am very practical and realistic when it comes to my goals. I'm very aware creative jobs are financially unstable.

waybread

Thanks for the feedback.

If this woman likes to act, she might consider teaching. A teacher is on-stage all the time. I could imagine her directing a high school musical, involving singing, dancing, and acting, while she is the one who's in charge.

Teachers make an OK salary, are generally protected by unions, have summers off, and good benefits.