On the Earth (Signs)

graay ghost

One thing I have gotten again and again in writing groups:

"Wow, ghost, how do you come up with your ideas? It's so strange/unique/whatever!"

And I've got to wonder, do these people ever go outside? Or read non-fiction, at least? I've never had an original idea in my life but it seems like most people are just very unobservant. I wonder if that comes from earthiness. :pouty:

conspiracy theorist

I think the Earth signs are very underrated. The power/desire for materialization and form means that an Earthy person would work to put their ideas or dreams into material manifestation. I think there is a lot of power behind that many people don't appreciate because it is not very flashy.

Traditionally, the earth signs corresponded to the melancholy humor which is stated to be the humor of intellectuals.http://www.skyscript.co.uk/melancholy.html

sibylline

I think the Earth signs are very underrated. The power/desire for materialization and form means that an Earthy person would work to put their ideas or dreams into material manifestation. I think there is a lot of power behind that many people don't appreciate because it is not very flashy.

Yup. The above is another reason I like Earth -- getting real things done. Imagine if Earth disappeared. :pouty:

graay ghost

There is also the idea that "ideas" are superior to the "real" or "physical" but ideas in opposition to physical reality is the beginnings of things like propaganda, newspeak, gaslighting, etc. Ideas are only valid if they adhere to reality. Otherwise it's easy to get carried off...

Virgos. I cannot say I know any Virgos. Though apparently they are one of the most common signs, along with Libras, in the US at least. This I think however mostly has to do with when most people prefer to do the do than anything else.

AppLeo

So about Virgo. Why do you think some people may not be fond of Virgo? I think it's the critical nature.

Well no one likes to be told that they're making a mistake. Virgos draw attention to all mistakes – especially mistakes that aren't that important.

Virgo is modest and conscientious. People generally walk past these people and forget their considerate nature. No one really cares that much if you close the door softly before you leave, or if you fold their clothes after they're done drying. It's nice, but it's not completely mandatory.

Virgos never take the spotlight and are never the center of attention. No one cares about those on the side; it's the people that are front and center that seem to matter to people whether they are that important or not. People want to watch the actual movie not the behind the scenes. Virgos deal with and associate with the boring stuff of life that no one else really cares about.

One thing I've noticed with pretty much all humans to some fundamental level is that we want to believe in something. Which sounds kind of Pisces, which is opposite of Virgo. People want their fantasies or dreams to come to life. Virgo is just like, "Sorry but it's never going to happen and here's why." No one wants to hear that.

AppLeo

Yup. The above is another reason I like Earth -- getting real things done. Imagine if Earth disappeared. :pouty:

If Earth didn't exist then we couldn't do life anymore literally and metaphorically.

Fire is too busy playing; water is too busy crying; air is too busy in their minds. Earth actually does something about it.

graay ghost

Well no one likes to be told that they're making a mistake. Virgos draw attention to all mistakes – especially mistakes that aren't that important.

Virgo is modest and conscientious. People generally walk past these people and forget their considerate nature. No one really cares that much if you close the door softly before you leave, or if you fold their clothes after they're done drying. It's nice, but it's not completely mandatory.

Virgos never take the spotlight and are never the center of attention. No one cares about those on the side; it's the people that are front and center that seem to matter to people whether they are that important or not. People want to watch the actual movie not the behind the scenes. Virgos deal with and associate with the boring stuff of life that no one else really cares about.

One thing I've noticed with pretty much all humans to some fundamental level is that we want to believe in something. Which sounds kind of Pisces, which is opposite of Virgo. People want their fantasies or dreams to come to life. Virgo is just like, "Sorry but it's never going to happen and here's why." No one wants to hear that.

So is that who you are?

conspiracy theorist

There is also the idea that "ideas" are superior to the "real" or "physical" but ideas in opposition to physical reality is the beginnings of things like propaganda, newspeak, gaslighting, etc. Ideas are only valid if they adhere to reality. Otherwise it's easy to get carried off...

Following that tangent, an earthy person who lacks imagination is liable to find things they can't immediately verify as unreal or ********. It might be a case where these ideas do in fact have some validity but the earth person does not have the capacity to conceptualize how that idea may take a material form. Something like intergalactic space travel might make your average earth person scoff, but if everyone was so quick to dump an idea because of it's initial "impossibility" then no-one would take the time to learn and discover the science possible to make such a thing a reality.

The final product (earth) is only as good as it's inputs (fire, water and air). Earth might suffer from garbage in, garbage out the most.

craft94

Basically if any of the elements didn't exist, we all would be *******. There's value in every single sign, even if we don't think we get along with a particular Sun sign. Without Earth, nothing would ever get done. Without air, there would be no ideas to work towards. Etc.
I think it's good to have a balanced chart

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Basically if any of the elements didn't exist, we all would be *******. There's value in every single sign, even if we don't think we get along with a particular Sun sign.

Yeah they're all necessary. But most discussions about the signs seem to be around the water, air and fire signs in that order. Maybe this thread will help in fleshing out the understanding of the Earth element more.

craft94

Yeah they're all necessary. But most discussions about the signs seem to be around the water, air and fire signs in that order. Maybe this thread will help in fleshing out the understanding of the Earth element more.

Yeah. I feel like, if I were to talk to people who are interested in astrology but only have a basic knowledge of it and they were to ask what my "big 3" are, they'd assume the Taurus Moon would equate to me being a boring person which is not the case at all.

conspiracy theorist

Yeah. I feel like, if I were to talk to people who are interested in astrology but only have a basic knowledge of it and they were to ask what my "big 3" are, they'd assume the Taurus Moon would equate to me being a boring person which is not the case at all.

It's a good time to ask you this. How do you see your Taurus Moon mixing with your majorly airy/watery chart? I remember my interpretation way back when but it would be cool to hear it from you.

wan

Personally I tended to find that Earth signs were very "boring", "un-interesting". But as I get older, I tend to value them and their personalities more. The guy I like has lots of earth, which totally complement my chart (I only have one planet in Earth and it's not a personal planet).

katydid

So about Virgo. Why do you think some people may not be fond of Virgo? I think it's the critical nature.

Being a Taurus Rising, with a Cap Moon,, I have attracted a lot of Virgos into my life over the years.

I have Virgo on the 5th cusp, and my first two 'serious' romantic relationships in high school were both Virgos. Neither relationship ended well....:whistling:

I did feel unfairly criticized by both of them, especially at the end of our relationship. Being a Scorpio, with Venus in my 7th, and the Moon in my 8th, I did used to exude a certain amount of sexual energy. Both of my Virgo boyfriends were very attracted to that in the beginning, but somehow, by the end, they were using that same energy to beat me up and 'shame me.' :pouty:

But I think it was a good thing for me overall, because I had been sexually abused as a young girl, and my sexuality was a bit messed up. I did really need a Virgo's critical eye to help me understand social standards....:annoyed:

My God Mother, my mom's little sister, is a double Virgo. Although I used to feel 'judged' by her when I was younger, I also knew she was always there for me and was a helpful, realistic support. She was critical by nature but was also the first to offer a helping hand whenever anyone in our family needed it most. Every holiday, wedding, baby shower, funeral, Auntie Em would be the one in the trenches, doing the necessary work to organize, and make everything happen. I did not truly appreciate her until I was grown myself.