Dealing with Neptune transits

kennedyrosewhith

Lately i've had Neptune squaring my Ascendant. This is the third and last time it will make this aspect, so the aspect itself is not new, but the issues are.

Backstory (if you're not interested, there's a question at the end of the post):
I feel like i've hit a brick wall in several aspects of my life, and i feel lost on where i'm heading next. I have two main issues that i'm trying to deal with and sort out right now. The first one is that i'm making plans to attend school full-time overseas in the fall, and i've been wanting to do this for years. I'm nervous about this one because of a lack of money and so i'm not entirely sure yet how this will work. The second one is that i'm also tentatively making plans to undergo a gender/sex transition while i'm at school. I feel lost about this because i've been trying to run away from this problem for months now, and now i'm finally facing it and dealing with it but... well first off, i don't want to and i don't know how to stop running. Second, it feels like i should be having a new beginning with my life, but there was never an ending to what's happened before. What i mean is, i've spent the past 7 or 8 months of my life dealing with needing to transition (or not dealing with it), and having most of my thoughts consumed with that, and now i have to actually make plans and commit to doing things. It feels like the state of mind and body i've been in for the past several months should be done with and i should be able to move onto new things, but it's not. If i'm lucky and plan right, it'll be another two years *at least* before this is all done with. And everything is all up in the air right now, regarding how it'll work out. I have no idea what i'll be doing in the fall, what country i'll be living in, or even who i'll be. My chart with transits is attached to this post for the visual people.

I'm not entirely optimistic that there's an easy solution, but people who have had trouble with Neptune transits, was there anything you found that helped you get through it?

Attachments

• astro_24gw_36_anonymous_2012117.72183.22582.jpg
    astro_24gw_36_anonymous_2012117.72183.22582.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 51

Claire19

Neptune does not contact the ascendant natally so there will be little significant effect... Maybe something with your career, your father or authority figures or your goals and confusion there.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Hi Kennedyrosewhith,

I personally do not use aspects to the ascendant except conjunct. I did notice that Pluto is having a tango with your natal Moon. Pluto's domain of transformation and destroying false foundations to allow for a new birthing sounds more like the gender reassignment.

Neptune, bah, would just wash everything away in a shipwreck after a whirlwind romance of sparkly promises and hope. Neptune and I have issues:unsure:

TK

sandstone

Banned
hi,

you are quite young still.. you haven't hit your saturn return yet - around age 28-30. i think the education oversees will work out. perhaps your life is more complicated because you want to make a few major changes - move overseas, education and sex change based on decisions you made some time ago that don't feel the same way now as you get closer to realizing them.

transiting saturn is making a close square to your venus at 29 cancer at present and is really the most significant transit to your chart at the moment as i see it - ruler of ascendant and etc... i think things might have heated up for you back in sept with t pluto going direct close to your natal moon at 4 cap.. moon in the 8th area and connected via hard aspects to the strong mars/pluto opposition close to your ascendant descendant axis really speaks to the issue of sexual identity it sounds like you want to address... perhaps the t pluto moving thru this area in late september 2011 galvanized your mind towards a particular path..

t neptune was making the square to your ascendant 1 degree orb for all of oct/nov (station direct nov 9th at 28 aq 08) at the same time t saturn squared directly onto your sun (oct 20th exact).. lots going on with the outer planets and still more to come up with uranus shaking up your moon with a direct square to it exact march 15 2012.

solar arcs emphasize neptune.. sa nep to midheaven and sa sun to neptune (16th harmonic).. any confusion you have over identity and direction would be heightened with these solar arc directions in effect for this time..

i would keep an open mind to the changes you want to see happen and don't doubt your own ability to steer your boat in the right direction regardless if they are short or long term decisions you are making.. the t saturn station to your natal venus is in effect now thru til the end of february minimum.. this will dampen your enthusiasm on any path you've chosen, but it will eventually pass.. saturn backtracks to within 2 degree orb to your sun around the beginning of summer 2012 before moving forward again..

i think you will continue to question your direction up until around this time, perhaps a little less with t jupiter approaching your ascendant exact early june... you'll have a much clearer picture of yourself and where you are going with this transit as it gives greater confidence and a sense of optimism you might feel is missing at the moment... if you're in a position to put off major decisions til around then, you might want to consider it..

i do think the school thing overseas is a good idea and sounds very exciting and probably will be very rewarding too... happy trails - james

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Neptune rules Pisces and co-rules Sagittarius, as well an influential planet of Cancer and Aquarius (exaltating or fall, depends on what astrology the person uses). Neptune in my natal birth sign brings on a sensation of coming out of the water after a long swim through rough seas.

I am about age 31 going on 32, and my Saturn "returned" to Virgo, so I have another sense of rebirth and an emotional triumph of all obstacles I had in recent years of my life. Saturn "trines" Neptune in my 6th house (in Sagitarius) and connects with the sun and moon.

I expect when Neptune is in Pisces, where my natal Mercury was...and the predicted transit of Mercury into Aquarius and Pisces in coming half of the year, each month will be further easier to handle and I feel energetic to take on the day, one day at at time. :biggrin:

I need to come back later and look at your chart more.

Off the top of my head, you have natal Venus at about 29 and a half degrees Cancer, which gives its Antiscion of zero degrees and thirty minutes of Gemini, almost conjunct your Ascendant at 29 degrees Taurus.

Currently there is a big transit of Neptune at the end of Aquariius and beginning of Pisces, opposition IsisTranspluto at the end of Leo and beginning of Virgo. Added to that right now in January 2012 there is a transit of Chiron at the beginning of Pisces and Saturn in 29 degrees Libra, in fact there is more going on but too complex to go into here. This Chiron Saturn antiscion conjunction is squaring your rising Venus antiscion. As if your Venus itself were conjunct your Ascendant and being squared by a Chiron Saturn transit.

The outer planetary pattern of Neptune opposition IsisTranspluto would first square your Ascendant and then your Venus' Antiscion which conjoins your Ascendant from half a degree Gemini.

Natally IsisTranspluto, about 24 degrees Leo, aspects both your chart angles and it has recently aspected them again from around 28 degrees Leo (one degree applying to your Ascendant at 29 degrees Taurus).

I noticed your Venus before even reading much of your post, and then when I came back and read it the Venus made sense.

You also have a Solar Arc converse progression of your Midheaven to your natal ninth house Neptune. The ninth house is foreign travel and higher education. As some people here seem to know and others don't, Solar Arcs are one degree forwards or backwards for each year of your life, and they are effective from one degree applying. Personally I only use them for the chart angles.

Last edited:

kennedyrosewhith

Neptune does not contact the ascendant natally so there will be little significant effect... Maybe something with your career, your father or authority figures or your goals and confusion there.

I think i remember us talking about this before, awhile ago. That's not really my experience with transits, but to each their own!

Hi Kennedyrosewhith,

I personally do not use aspects to the ascendant except conjunct. I did notice that Pluto is having a tango with your natal Moon. Pluto's domain of transformation and destroying false foundations to allow for a new birthing sounds more like the gender reassignment.

Neptune, bah, would just wash everything away in a shipwreck after a whirlwind romance of sparkly promises and hope. Neptune and I have issues:unsure:

TK

That's interesting, i don't think i've ever come across someone who only uses the conjunct. Why do you only use that one? As for Pluto, i only use 2 degree orbs for transits, i've considered that transit over for a few months now. It seemed like the bulk of that transit was about handling my emotions better and allowing myself to have them, dealing with my past and its effects on me, and making some changes in my relationship to my mother. It was actually within a couple hours of Uranus making an exact square to my Moon that i realized i needed to transition (this was the beginning of June 2011). I thought that was a funny/strange coincidence, and certainly not what i was expecting from that transit. But Pluto was less than 3 degrees from my Moon and retrograding towards it, and Neptune was squaring my Ascendant, so i'm not sure if pinning it all to one planet is possible or sensible. Plus it's not like the outer planets don't aspect some of my personal planets, so surely transits aren't the only place to look.

kennedyrosewhith

hi,

you are quite young still.. you haven't hit your saturn return yet - around age 28-30. i think the education oversees will work out. perhaps your life is more complicated because you want to make a few major changes - move overseas, education and sex change based on decisions you made some time ago that don't feel the same way now as you get closer to realizing them.

transiting saturn is making a close square to your venus at 29 cancer at present and is really the most significant transit to your chart at the moment as i see it - ruler of ascendant and etc... i think things might have heated up for you back in sept with t pluto going direct close to your natal moon at 4 cap.. moon in the 8th area and connected via hard aspects to the strong mars/pluto opposition close to your ascendant descendant axis really speaks to the issue of sexual identity it sounds like you want to address... perhaps the t pluto moving thru this area in late september 2011 galvanized your mind towards a particular path..

t neptune was making the square to your ascendant 1 degree orb for all of oct/nov (station direct nov 9th at 28 aq 08) at the same time t saturn squared directly onto your sun (oct 20th exact).. lots going on with the outer planets and still more to come up with uranus shaking up your moon with a direct square to it exact march 15 2012.

solar arcs emphasize neptune.. sa nep to midheaven and sa sun to neptune (16th harmonic).. any confusion you have over identity and direction would be heightened with these solar arc directions in effect for this time..

i would keep an open mind to the changes you want to see happen and don't doubt your own ability to steer your boat in the right direction regardless if they are short or long term decisions you are making.. the t saturn station to your natal venus is in effect now thru til the end of february minimum.. this will dampen your enthusiasm on any path you've chosen, but it will eventually pass.. saturn backtracks to within 2 degree orb to your sun around the beginning of summer 2012 before moving forward again..

i think you will continue to question your direction up until around this time, perhaps a little less with t jupiter approaching your ascendant exact early june... you'll have a much clearer picture of yourself and where you are going with this transit as it gives greater confidence and a sense of optimism you might feel is missing at the moment... if you're in a position to put off major decisions til around then, you might want to consider it..

i do think the school thing overseas is a good idea and sounds very exciting and probably will be very rewarding too... happy trails - james

Hey, thanks for the input! I think you're pretty spot on with the first paragraph. I first made the decision to go school overseas when i was 13, and i still want to, but the circumstances i expected myself to be in at that age are definitely not the circumstances i'm in now.

Regarding your second to last paragraph, June is around the time i'd be finding out if i can even go to school in Germany, and around then i'd be deciding if i should start hormone therapy, too. Maybe if i play my cards right, both of those will work out.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
That's interesting, i don't think i've ever come across someone who only uses the conjunct. Why do you only use that one? As for Pluto, i only use 2 degree orbs for transits, i've considered that transit over for a few months now. It seemed like the bulk of that transit was about handling my emotions better and allowing myself to have them, dealing with my past and its effects on me, and making some changes in my relationship to my mother. It was actually within a couple hours of Uranus making an exact square to my Moon that i realized i needed to transition (this was the beginning of June 2011). I thought that was a funny/strange coincidence, and certainly not what i was expecting from that transit. But Pluto was less than 3 degrees from my Moon and retrograding towards it, and Neptune was squaring my Ascendant, so i'm not sure if pinning it all to one planet is possible or sensible. Plus it's not like the outer planets don't aspect some of my personal planets, so surely transits aren't the only place to look.

With the Ascendant, it is a mathematical point in the chart. It can not reflect light nor absorb light, so I don't use it in aspects other than conjuncts (nor any other math points such as lots). The spot is very sensitive... imagine a pot hole in the street. No matter how close you are, even if inches away... it doesn't effect you, but once upon it (conjunct) BAM you definitely feel it then.

The orbs used with Transits very with Astrologers. Usually if a Luminary is involved the orb range is 5 to 10 degrees. I have my Moon opposed Pluto now and Sun Conjunct, Astro. com transit report has me down for about 2 years of being effected. :andy:

TK

kennedyrosewhith

Do you do the same for natal charts? Because i sort of agree. It's a point in the chart, so i personally consider aspects made TO the Ascendant, not FROM it. So say, if someone could only have a grand trine if the Ascendant was one of the corners, then i wouldn't consider it a grand trine since the Ascendant can only receive and not give. But i don't know. I can't test the whole conjunct-only thing for myself straight away, because the only thing aspecting my Ascendant is Venus. And Venus also rules my Ascendant, so...

That's interesting, i don't think i've ever heard such wide orbs being used, maybe a maximum of three. Although i have heard that some astrologers widen the orb depending on the planet. I don't think it's unusual for Pluto transits to last a couple of years. What with it moving so slowly, and frequently going into retrograde (well, as frequently as Pluto can do it), depending on where the planet is that it's aspecting, it can hover around for a bit.

sandstone

Banned
this is an interesting conversation about aspects and the ascendant..
my impression is that the angles of the chart are the most critical points in a chart and are as significant- possibly more, then the position of the planets.. well, the position of the planets hinge on the angles - the ascendant and midheaven axis being the angles...

ascendant goes with descendant as well... opp asc is conj descendant... same deal midheaven... close aspects to these axis i consider critical! as for the bugaboo on orbs - the smaller the better... 1 or 2 degrees are the best...however, midpoints with other planets will bring stuff in a chart together that doesn't look immediately connected sometimes...

in is an interesting approach to a chart wintersprite!