Does the Rat is the weakest among the animal signs?

SL123

The Rat is the First sign of the Zodiac (Aries). They Are Very Smart, legend says that the Rat tricked the cat and the cat never made it into the top 12.

Then the Rat jumped onto the Ox's back and got a free ride but jumped off right before reaching the destination to get there first.

The Ox didn't mind. Rats should keep a lot of Oxen around because they always benefit from Oxen. This is true, look at the Oxen in your life :lol:

Abby83

I grew up with a large group of rats, im a pig. I found that in school and sports the rats were weak, they would run and hide from the smallest things in life and the pigs conquered. I don't see Aries qualities in them at all. Rat is equiv to sag. Dragon is equiv to Aries. Rabbit is equiv to pisces.

SL123

I meant that the Rat was the first animal of the Chinese Zodiac when comparing the Rat to Aries who is the first animal of the Western Zodiac. Rats, Dragons, and Monkeys are kinda like a Grand Fire Trine.

diamondbaby

I meant that the Rat was the first animal of the Chinese Zodiac when comparing the Rat to Aries who is the first animal of the Western Zodiac. Rats, Dragons, and Monkeys are kinda like a Grand Fire Trine.

Actually Rat is the equivalent of :sagittarius:, not :aries:. :smile:

Rat - :sagittarius: 23:00-00:59
Ox - :capricorn: 01:00-02:59
Tiger - :aquarius: 03:00-04:59
Rabbit - :pisces: 05:00-06:59
Dragon - :aries: 07:00-08:59
Snake - :taurus: 09:00-10:59
Horse - :gemini:11:00-12:59
Goat - :cancer: 13:00-14:59
Monkey - :leo: 15:00-16:59
Rooster - :virgo: 17:00-18:59
Dog - :libra: 19:00-20:59
Pig - :scorpio: 21:00-22:59

Also if you have a look at the hours ruled by each sign, you notice that the hours of Dragon (the sign associatied with :aries:) are in the morning. It makes sense: Aries/early spring/morning/beginning. :wink:

To answer the OP, Rat is definitely not the weakest sign of the Chinese zodiac.

diamondbaby

I grew up with a large group of rats, im a pig. I found that in school and sports the rats were weak, they would run and hide from the smallest things in life and the pigs conquered. I don't see Aries qualities in them at all. Rat is equiv to sag. Dragon is equiv to Aries. Rabbit is equiv to pisces.

I agree. Some people do associate the Chinese zodiac sign Rat with the Western zodiac sign :aries: (because they are both first sign of the zodiac). See this site for example: http://spirit-alembic.com/zodiac.html In my opinion it does not make sense at all.

I have dated Rat men before and I found them pretty :sagittarius:-like. However, my husband is a Monkey (the sign associated with :leo:). :joyful:

Last edited:

diamondbaby

rats aren't weak... They're real smart and sharp minded. I'd say pig and rabbit are the weakest ones

Pig? No way! The Chinese zodiac sign Pig is associated with the Western zodiac sign :scorpio:. Pig/Scorpio is far from weak! However, the equivalent of Rabbit is :pisces:, so Rabbit can be indeed the "weakest".

Rabbits aren't weak :( Linda Goodmans review on them wasn't particularly favourable either. She spent half the time complaining about her experience with an ex-rabbit friend, rather than describing the personality,

Rabbits have a penchant for self-preservation because they lack he lofty ambitions of the dragon, rat and monkey (for eh). Whilst everyone else is tiring themselves out trying to fight for top place in the rat race, come let the rabbit make you a nice pot of tea.

Slightly off topic, but my pennies worth.