Those Darned Nodes

blacksun?

The NN and SN are among the most imprenetrable things. I have Chiron on the SN in the first house Aries, opposed midpoint Pluto/Uranus - so that is my NN, in Libra.

Ive noted that people that I love, or am drawn to by fate, like my father and also my current business partner, they have important things like moon or ascendant or sun on my node.

My ex also had her NN on my Sun.

Could the nodes point to people we are karmically attracted to?

muchacho

The nodes are a connection to the deeper layers of our existence. Some may call that karmic others may call it mystical or magical or existential. Whatever we call it, the true meaning of the nodes can't really be grasped intellectually. So it's often an area of confusion.

blacksun?

The nodes are a connection to the deeper layers of our existence. Some may call that karmic others may call it mystical or magical or existential. Whatever we call it, the true meaning of the nodes can't really be grasped intellectually. So it's often an area of confusion.
I get the same feeling.

What would be your 'nonintellectual' or maybe poetic interpretation of SN Chiron, and especially a 27 Libra NN exactly between Libra Pluto and Uranus Scorpio?

Witchyone

I'm having a difficult time understanding how these work as well, perhaps because I'm trying to "understand" intellectually.

I have NN in Sagittarius in the 7th house, and Jupiter is in Pisces in the 11th. It seems my purpose is to assert my independence, but to figure out how to do that within the confines of relationships. I also have a Yod that seems to point to the moon in Pisces in the 10th House, which by one interpretation could indicate a need to posit myself in the world through nurturing. Highly confusing.

blacksun?

I'm having a difficult time understanding how these work as well, perhaps because I'm trying to "understand" intellectually.

I have NN in Sagittarius in the 7th house, and Jupiter is in Pisces in the 11th. It seems my purpose is to assert my independence, but to figure out how to do that within the confines of relationships. I also have a Yod that seems to point to the moon in Pisces in the 10th House, which by one interpretation could indicate a need to posit myself in the world through nurturing. Highly confusing.

By your name it seems youve already found your calling though.

If Moon in 10 is anything its witchypower.

If descriptions of single aspects or positions confuse, they arent seen wholly ... no aspect is ever single.

Last edited:

david starling

I see the Nodes as describing the manner in which our emotions affect the collective version of Reality. So, it's a South to North flow of emotional waves outward, into the collective consciousness.

D-Rok

The nodes represent places where things increase and decrease. Try to look at it on a practical level rather than a rainbow-butterfly level — it makes it easier to digest.

As a rule, the north node (NN) will typically give increase to whatever house it is in. The south node (SN) will give decrease to whatever house it is in — good or ill.

Also, the NN is exalted in Gemini and the SN is exalted in Sagittarius (according to Ptolemy). I have no idea why.

Let’s take mine for example. My NN is in the 1st in Aquarius. So it increases 1st house stuff. Too bad it’s not conjunct any good planets, it would increase their good. Anything close to the NN is increased, whether good or ill.

And my SN is in my 7th house, conjunct Mars by a wide 7-8 degrees, but still conjunct. SN will probably corrupt/reduce some 7th house stuff but seeing as my 7th house is ruled exclusively by the Sun I’ve been hoping he can stave off some of its badness.

Another cool thing. NN increases stuff, SN decreases stuff. So let’s say NN is conjunct Mars, it will make his...nastiness far more potent. But if it was conjunct Jupiter it would make his goodness more potent.

Likewise, the SN reduces. So it being conjunct a good planet reduces its goodness (depending on the distance. Ben Dykes claims the further away it is the less effect it should have, but it’ll still affect whatever house it is in, same goes for the NN). For me, my angular Mars is considered conjunct the SN, which actually reduces his nastiness.

So basically the NN is benefic with benefics and malefic with malefics, while the SN is malefic with the benefics and benefic with the malefics.

david starling

D-Rock, I really like this analysis. I'll just add, that the flow of emotional energy (which is what the Lunar nodes are about) is from SN to NN. Therefore, emotional energy will be taken from the House the SN is in (a decrease) and given to the House the NN is in (an increase). Likewise, any planets involved with the SN will "donate" the nature of their emotional effects to the NN House and its planets (Transits included) increasing their emotional influence. So, in your case, your H1 is emotionally activated by Mars, giving you the ability to engage in direct action and go straight to the heart of the matter.