Pluto Transits

Amazon1963

AquariusMoon said:
Thanks, Tim :) I hope it's helpful in some way to someone.

Hey, Amazon, when Saturn was opp Pluto - fun times - not!

Your Asc is cj my NNode, 8 Sag, which is cj Antares. Your Sun also opposes your Asc as does my Sun opp my NNode, cj Aldeberan. Perhaps being cj those fixed stars had something to do with the transit being so extra nasty. What do you think about that in relation to your transit (if you're still around)? Antares, which also cj'd my husband's Sun, the definition sounds very warriorlike to me, but is said to be a fortunate fixed star, and Aldeberan sounds super, but is said to be unfortunate.

Any comments anyone?

Well, like all Pluto and/or nodal transits, it certainly was very karmic to say the least.

AqMoon

AqMoon,
Hey, thanks for the interesting article and your input on the Pluto transits thread!

I honestly hadn't taken any of the conj's or other aspects into consideration with the Pluto transits when I started the thread initially. I have never had the opportunity to study astrology formally so most of my knowledge is gleaned from self directed study in books or online.

The last six months have been beyond busy for me with duties to both career and family (I think it might be due to trans nodes), either that or just plain old middle age and the whole sandwich generation thing. This Amazon does not have enough time for herself! I do apologize for the late reply to your posting, AqMoon.

Ok, some novice questions: approximately when was the transit of Saturn opp Pluto? Was that just a general transit or unique to our natal charts? I will tell you from around late 1994 up until this last year, nothing has been stable and certainly has been in upheaval no matter the constructive efforts put forth by myself. Late 94 thru 96 were some of the worst! Divorce, financial upheaval, name it, it was there. Even managed to get arrested and broke my left foot in 5 places (not on the same day tho!)...it was just a crazed time and no matter what I strived to do or accomplish, it was one thing after another after another. I dont know if this would have been around the time of the conj that you wrote of. Also, from mid fall 2002 up until around the beginning of this year, many things were again, in upheaval.

I wasnt aware that my sun opp my asc, never seen that in my chart. I knew my sun sq'd my midheaven Might as well sq the asc with all the inner challenges that go on....You know the T-shirts that say "You wouldnt be smiling if you knew what I was thinking", ya well its a maelstrom in here...

Now, astrology aside, I do see a direct correllation in what one chooses in life vs what transits are triggering in the individual's life. Hindsight is always the perfect vision of 20/20 isnt it, AqMoon? Somehow, even back 10 years ago had I known about transits and astrology, I would have most likely made some, not all, but some of the same poor choices I made then. Ego is a strong monster/motivator if we allow it to rule our decisions. Emotional maturity is the wisdom gained from those experiences. I like the idea of Western astrology being about free will and choice regardless of the transits or natal aspects. If I ***** up? I own it, deal with it, and move on to the next moment in time. Reads to me, AqMoon, that you too, are on the same track, applause to you!

I still have the transit of Pluto sq Moon going on...and ohhh hasnt it been enlightening for me! Soon, in October, Saturn square Saturn! Woohoo, cant wait! There are lots of other very positive transits going on as well and I am due for a bit of a break anyhow (I need to quit using the term, 'break' because I broke the 4th toe on my right foot about 3 weeks ago!). Then in a few years, Pluto moves on to my 2nd house for a nice long visit. I am making preparations now for the inevitable visit!

AqMoon wrote:
Perhaps being cj those fixed stars had something to do with the transit being so extra nasty. What do you think about that in relation to your transit

Fixed stars are still vague for me in terms of interpreting my natal chart placement and their transiting aspects; unfortunately for me I am unfamiliar with both Antares and Aldebaren. I had found some sites but they vary wildly in the interpretation. Lilith, for an example, yikes...lets just push my natal interpretation waaaaaay back down inside and not let her out! So, I dont have a reply for the question, sorry!

AqMoon, I am glad you learned from your Pluto transit and continue to do so. We are the sum of our own experiences and it appears you have gained much wisdom from the experience. Its just a shame that sometimes loss(s) play a heavy role in the experiences. Hey, maybe it wasnt really loss, so much as excess baggage we were carrying around for all the wrong reasons!

Again, I apologize the long period of non-response to your post, AqMoon.

Amazon1963

Arian Maverick said:
This is a fascinating story, Alice, though now I'm a bit concerned of the affect transiting Pluto will have on my Midheaven...

Arian Maverick

Yes me too, I have Cap 16 deg MC and I am very curious as to what will happen. This should be the prime of my career- hopefully it will enhance it. Also then after that, I have to deal with conj pluto to natal sun/merc.

Any info re trans pluto conj MC?

I'm scared :(

From http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/sun-cj-pluto.html

Transiting Sun conjunct your natal Pluto. During this time your focus turns to issues related to power. You may have to confront someone who is interfering with your life or who is trying to suppress your ambitions. Or on another level, you may run into an underworld element where you run into questionable or shady characters. This combination represents possible encounters with powerful, but not necessarily ethical individuals. On another level, whatever you do at this time will tend to be more intense and more deeply thought out than usual.

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

tikana

hey

i HAVE been going through Pluto ruler of my sun/moon/IC squaring my 2nd house venus for about 2 years .. another few months of this .. so far NOTHING.. absolutely freaking NOTHING.

BTW, it is transiting my 5th house

what gives?

thanks
Tik

So pluto is in the 5th (sag) transiting and all the other stuff is where? Sorry, not quite following as I know you are a scorp.

However with it going through your 5th, there should at least be a dramatic change in romance and maybe pleasures/hobbies in your life?

AquariusMoon

Hi, All! Looks like I've missed a lot on this thread and will come back when I have more time, but I found this discussion on Missing Manifestations in my Favorites for you, Tik. When I saw it a while ago, I thought of you because I know you have this complaint. For myself, I've seen transits manifest at different times, applying, conjunct or separating.

What transit do you attribute the situation with your ex and his shady friend to? Maybe you can or do keep a journal and can track the transits.

http://members.tripod.com/~junojuno2/missing.htm

Also, this article tells how the different elements, etc., deal with transits:

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/blurb.php?pn=J164&type=Excerpt

Hope this helps,
AqMoon

Last edited:

pisceskitty

What usually happens when transiting Pluto conjuncts the IC? what can one expect from a transit like that? When Pluto goes into Capricorn, i'm going to be a little worried. I have Capricorn ru;ing my IC, so does my son! I also have mars in Capricorn in the 3rd/4th.

I'd say there will be deep and far-fetching changes both in your home and the self of yours that you only expose to your family and those who are close. It will probably give you a chance to "die" and regenerate and a new and better you inside will come. Also will allow you to "see through" things to do with at home and your personality and have insight. Your son will have the same things happen to him. So I guess an alteration of relationship between you.

pisceskitty

:eek: alteration? God, please don't let anything bad happen between me and my child. I really regret asking this question. I feel really scared, and depressed right now.

pisceskitty said:
:eek: alteration? God, please don't let anything bad happen between me and my child. I really regret asking this question. I feel really scared, and depressed right now.

No, I think you read it wrongly :)
What I mean by that is that maybe this transit, since it involves pluto and would be long means maybe just a change in relationship because of your son growing up and there might be a regeneration of the relationship and the relationship will evolve. I don't say that there will be a falling out as such and losing each other. This could also apply to anyone else you are very close with and you show your IC nature too. It might also mean a change in living structure, maybe moving, adding more people, analysing the relationships you have etc. Just indicates a change of some sorts with your innner being or your home life.

FlyAway

Does anyone has experience with transiting Pluto squaring natal Pluto?
That seems to be a though transit that lasts about two years.
I'm in the midst of it although the real fun starts at the beginning of 2007.

This is one of life's challenging transits during which you are forced to reassess your past and discard any outmoded patterns which have been standing in your way. It is sometimes said to be one of the mid-life crises during which you are motivated to clear out old deeply-entrenched patterns and habits. It is a time to re-evaluate your deepest motivations and feelings. You may become more wilful, driven by deeper urges to make your life conform to your innermost desires and ambitions. You are forced out of any ruts. Pluto's energy can sometimes be ruthless and so you may feel some pain in the process of letting go and stepping out of your comfort zone. However, the process is regenerating and you will feel better able to tackle the rest of your life with the renewed vigour that comes from a lighter load. This is particularly true if you can ensure that your willpower is aligned with integrity and true spiritual purpose rather than personal, selfish desires.

This is actually not new to me because my chart is full of Scorpio energy.
I've been re-evalutating all of my life ;)
I wonder how others changed their lives during this transit and were it good changes in the end?

AquariusMoon

Amazon1963 said:
Sag 8 degrees rising here...Pluto transiting my 1st house since around 1995. Squares and oppositions: Pluto opposition Sun; Pluto square Moon; Uranus opposition Pluto, etc and so on...I dont have the author of the following...this is from early notes I made on transits:

Pluto: Pluto symbolises complete change and transformation ~ not suddenly like Uranus but slowly, profoundly and with a focus on the very depths of our beings. It brings strength and intensity to whichever area of our lives it touches. Pluto transits question the central tenets on which we have built our existence and why we behave in the ways that we do. They bring hidden psychological baggage to the surface ~ allowing us to review and to rebuild matters from a fundamental standpoint. Outmoded yet deeply conditioned psychological and emotional responses are frequently notable candidates for such.

Pluto transits often confront us with highly sensitive topics which we would rather ignore, so it's effects can be very difficult whilst we are working through them. Issues of control, manipulation, jealousy, possessiveness, dominance and power are frequent. This planet can engender a very ruthless response, so attitudes which take no account of the feelings of others should certainly be avoided. It's entry into a house is often associated with destruction and with decay, yet in time a new order will arise providing that Pluto's essential challenges are squarely addressed.

Inappropriate resistance will generally prove useless anyway. It will usually only serve to extend and to prolong this planet's more difficult effects!

PLUTO TRANSITING YOUR 1ST HOUSE (approx. 14-30 years duration)
During this period you may desire increased personal power and physical invulnerability. You may transform your personal appearance and personal expression several times. You may increase your will power, self-confidence, and personal resourcefulness through physical or competitive activities. Through stages of self-improvement you cast off your vulnerable or threatened self- image and assume a stronger, more autonomous persona.

10 years of having Pluto transiting my 1st house has resulted in an 'armed truce' with the planet. I might add its effects on my psyche, reactions, feelings and perspective have been profound (thats putting it mildly :roll: ). As a side note, it was during this time that I earned the nickname, Amazon. Yep, friends and family really do call me Amazon.

The power issues in my personal life have been about 'others', specifically their attempts to manipulate, exert control or to totally dominate me and my reactions to their efforts. I would also like to note that if you ever have to deal with some of the oppositions and squares that I have had in the last 2-3 years and are still occurring presently in my chart...May all the blessings of the universe fill you with more patience for others and yourself than you ever thought possible. Cuz yer gonna need lots of patience...

Interestingly, over the past six days or so, I have been pondering this very subject and reviewing journal entries. Had a great 'aha' moment too...I took a special work assignment in another state 2 years ago to 'get away' from what I thought at the time was dysfunctional family dynamic.

LOL! Guess what I learned? You might move or remove yourself from what you may perceive as the source, but your transits chase you regardless!! In the new state I found the same Pluto issues just with different people. At the time I was unaware of natal charts or transits and have now become aware. So it was actually the energies and reactions I carried within myself that brought out issues in another location.

You cannot change people or events. But you can change how you react to them, positively or negatively. You can change your thoughts not theirs. One of the most important lessons I have learned since Pluto came to visit my 1st house.

So, this Amazon keeps her plutonian charged arrows of assertion lightly sheathed, chooses her battles wisely, welcomes the challenge of introspection and personal growth, follows her own path regardless of what others would attempt to dominate, and realizes that a little bit of Pluto goes a very long way.

Hi, Amazon, Alice :) Great posts!

Amazon, I like your interpretation of tr Pluto in H1.

Does your Sun opp your Asc? I haven't seen your chart, so I don't know. Perhaps I misread your post, so the fixed stars may not apply to you. You'd have to check out your fixed stars to see how they affect you if at all. Mine are some of the strongest fixed stars and on an angle cj the Sun and nodes, so they make their presence known, and they're very beneficial most of the time.

Tr Saturn at 12 Gemini opp'd tr Pluto at 12 Sagittarius in late July 2001 and in May 2002 at 16 Gemini and Sagittarius. It affected anyone who had planets, house cusps or points that aspected these transits. It affected Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces by conjunction, square or opposition if they had planets aspecting the degrees held by tr Pluto and tr Saturn. There were also eclipses in Gem/Sag from 2001-2003. Now the eclipses are in Virgo/Pisces squaring Pluto, one in March and one in September. So Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces have been getting a real workout for years between Pluto and the eclipses, especially people with these signs on angles.

One thing to remember, Pisces Kitty, is that Pluto brings good things too. My husband had tr Pluto in his H4, and he grew really nice plants. Pluto rules things underground, you know. We moved a lot, but each move was better and better. Outer planet transits to the Moon or H4 always relate to moving, the home.

I gave a link earlier, on p. 4, to an essay about fearing upcoming transits, and that's a natural reaction to the outer planet transits, that or denial. But if you can overcome your fear by facing things head on, you'll probably do better with the transit. Read about tr Pluto in H4, get a pro reading, get familiar with how this transit could affect you so you'll be better prepared. At least that's what I do now because I think if I'd been into astrology when I had my hard transit, the outcome would've been much better for me materially. I found that being ignorant about a Pluto transit, fighting a Pluto transit or being in denial about a Pluto transit only makes it harder.

Also keep in mind that your Pluto transit isn't going to be the same as someone else's. There's really no way for someone to predict every little thing that is going to happen or not happen when it comes to Pluto, you can only generalize, but that is helpful so that you can nip it in the bud instead of dragging things out if you see something starting that you identify with the negative interpretations of the transit.

AqMoon

cj*

Yes, this happened to me a few years ago and after that T pluto squared my N mars, hugh.

Tr Saturn at 12 Gemini opp'd tr Pluto at 12 Sagittarius in late July 2001 and in May 2002 at 16 Gemini and Sagittarius. It affected anyone who had planets, house cusps or points that aspected these transits. It affected Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces by conjunction, square or opposition if they had planets aspecting the degrees held by tr Pluto and tr Saturn. There were also eclipses in Gem/Sag from 2001-2003. Now the eclipses are in Virgo/Pisces squaring Pluto, one in March and one in September. So Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces have been getting a real workout for years between Pluto and the eclipses, especially people with these signs on angles.

This was me also, ASC 14 deg Gem, N pluto 10 deg Virgo, N mars 19 deg virgo both in the 4th. During this time period my father died, my husband's ex decided she didn't want the kids to live with her anymore and sent all 4 of them to live with us (after 1 year of marriage). This resulted in money problems and not to mention the manipulative power plays that snuck in through my teenage stepdaughter playing daddy against me and almost breaking up our marriage.

During this time period I had T saturn in the 12th/1st and T pluto in the 7th. After this was over I got a douse of saturn conj my cancer sun and progressed asc/cancer with T pluto inconjunct. Is it over yet, no, now T saturn is conj my ic will oppose my N staurn and conjunct my progressed leo sun......when will it stop.

5th house moon

Re: Pluto Transits- TR Pluto Sq Pluto

Hi there

This is an interesting thread- thanks for sharing your stories.

I currently have transiting Pluto squaring my natal pluto in 3rd AND conjuncting my 6th house sun.

With regards to the natal pluto square, my relationships with my siblings has intensified (in a good way). My writing style has changed somewhat - I am much more particular about the was I correspond in my professional life. Two friends have commented on my clam-like manner and how difficult it is to get information out of me (!) - perhaps the Pluto/Scorpio influence. I don't think I've always been that way.

Robert Hand's interpretation of Tr Pluto Sq Pluto is as follows:

"This is a period of general regeneration, which may not be entirely pleasant. Most of us are attached to the past whether or not it is good for us. And this influence will root out precisely those elements of the past that are not good for you, even those aspects that you have forgotten about. Problems that you may have lost track of entirely but which are still working unconsciously in your life may reappear and become active now, usually but not always to your detriment.
This influence is associated with forces for change that are inherent within the hidden depths of things. Therefore you should not blame the unpleasant changes that occur now on circumstances or persons in your environment. Look within yourself to see how the groundwork for the present is laid in the past.

Many things may be destroyed at this time, and the destruction will be ruthless if you defend them with rigidity. The action of this influence upon unyielding entities is particularly harsh. Therefore you should simply allow the things of the past to fade and allow the future to be born on their ruins. If you can do this, the potential for positive change is very great.

This influence may also increase your concern about the creative and regenerative processes within the universe and cause you to become interested in the occult. However, certain aspects of the occult, such as magic, are best avoided during this time, because the energies involved will be difficult to control now. Although your conscious mind may be in control at first, you are likely to find that entirely unconscious forces within you have taken over and are running you completely. This can have disastrous consequences.

You may also get into severe power struggles with people who are trying to prevent the changes in your life or who are trying to expedite changes that you are resisting. Look very carefully to ascertain which category they are in."

FlyAway

Thanks for this article :)

I'm a little bit concerned about this transit, because it goes really really deep.
But it also could be an opportunity to change what needs to be changed,
and to let go what is no longer necessary in my life.
Somehow I think I've been doing this all of my life, so perhaps I'm more prepared.
At least I hope so.
I guess it's time for some rigorous self-therapy, which can be healthy from time to time.
In one year and a half we'll see how I did manage ;)

AquariusMoon

FlyAway said:
That seems to be a though transit that lasts about two years.
I'm in the midst of it although the real fun starts at the beginning of 2007.

This is actually not new to me because my chart is full of Scorpio energy.
I've been re-evalutating all of my life ;)
I wonder how others changed their lives during this transit and were it good changes in the end?

My ex-husband and I had this transit together, again on the angles, again with eclipses.

Him - tr Pluto in H4 cj natal NNode in Scorpio with an eclipse to the Pluto and NNode square natal H1 Pluto in Virgo.

Me - tr Pluto in H12 sq natal Pluto in H8 cj natal Jupiter with an eclipse to my H6 Sun and SNode, which opposed my Asc and NNode and which opposed his Sun/Saturn/Vertex.

He woke up one morning with a stiff neck (SNode Taurus). He went to his regular chiropractor who accidentally broke his neck, just a small bone, but it paralyzed his arm and hand. He had a very delicate emergency surgery going through his throat, which they said there was a chance he would lose his voice in the surgery, but everything went perfectly and the feeling was restored in his arm and hand. He had always been a workaholic. He told me that as he was being wheeled into surgery he was thinking about his workaholism and how he now regretted it, and how this also affected me. Before we were married I was a big skier, and I never got to go since we were married because he worked all the time and he didn't want me to go without him.

Also at this time he and his business partner had decided to call it quits, and sued each other to dissolve the partnership. His partner started playing hardball when he found out about my husband's broken neck, and he scheduled all kinds of hearings and court dates for the time of my husband's recovery, which made things very hard for my husband. Also, the assets were frozen for 6 months, so we had to use all of my resources.

Now for the good news - a few months later all the bad stuff was over and we ended up getting a lot of money. My husband, who had never been to the mountains, surprised me with a weekend cabin in the local mountains of my choice and a new SUV. I had a ski pass for many years. He completely changed his attitude about work, and became a weekend forest ranger, which he loved. In fact, he considered doing it full time, he loved it so much. A few years later we ended up moving there full time, and I quit work and skied to my heart's content and had a lot of fun.

I think with Pluto you get as much or as little as you need. It took a lot to get my husband to balance his H4/10, but even though he had to go through a lot of suffering, in the end he was a very happy and balanced person.

http://rahelio.homestead.com/Astro_Shamanism.html
I like this link. I think it fits with a harsh Pluto transit when a part of your life is being transformed.

AqMoon

Last edited:

zohra

i bring you my experiences, when pluton transited to MC, i saw a drastic changes in my life. my relationship of 18 years collapse after catching the infidelity (pluton square moon/ saturn conjunct moon), at the same time I lost my job, while trying to deal with all, I ended up fighting in the court for my children care. And while all those issues were putting great weight on my shoulder, I needed to fight for my family home which I invested but did not have my name on the deed. 1 year after, i am just resolving to buy back my house, now I have behind me all creditors trying to recoup their money.
6 months after....... my work contract is ending next week, yet there is also a transformation whether I like or not and now more risky as I just signed the house transfer with my solicitor. hence need to get a job quick

From september to december I will have pluton R MC square Pluton R NT (pluton ruler of 8 house scorpio) in the natal it is positioned M6/M7 natal. What to expect, i guess transformation the way i relate to others, as Pluto is au MC and in relation to work...

than 2007 Pluton square ascendant well wait and see, than end of of year conjunct MC Natal.

2005 to date has been tuff but unbelievable to have let go so many things behind, challenging and uncontrollable. Whether I resisted those changes, I had no choices than to accept the status quo!!!!

Last edited:

pisceskitty

These stories are amazing, and very helpful! I also have my North Node in Capricorn @14 deg.[in the 3rd house] My son's Capricorn IC is @ 15 deg!!:eek: