2 questions

DreamingTheSeas

My first is about orbs on Solar Return charts. We work like natal? For example, i take more seriously the +-5. Same for SR?

My 2nd question is : from January 30th to February to February 17th there are no retrograde planets movement. Is this something special for the people who have their birthdays that period since our SR charts are free from retrograde planets?

IleneK

Premium Member
My first is about orbs on Solar Return charts. We work like natal? For example, i take more seriously the +-5. Same for SR?

My 2nd question is : from January 30th to February to February 17th there are no retrograde planets movement. Is this something special for the people who have their birthdays that period since our SR charts are free from retrograde planets?

There are varying opinions about orbs, and you may change your orbs as you become more experienced, depending upon the planets [luminaries having larger orbs, for example]. The main point is to just recognize that the closer the orb, the greater the influence. But for now, your 5 degree orb for natals is fine.

The solar return chart is a transit chart for the day you were born each year, so I would allow the same orbs that you ordinarily allow for transits.

Regarding the retrograde free period you describe, I do not think it is unusual. The planets and their conditions manifest all kinds of combinations and permutations. I would think, though, since retrogradation is rarer than not for most bodies, that no planets being retrograde at a certain time would be more common than most or all being retrograde.