What aspects can indicate older/mature/strict parents?

Forgotten Warrior

I believe it can be Scorpio or Capricorn IC,or important aspects to Saturn and Pluto(especially to the Moon or Sun).Or heavy Saturnian/Plutonian influence.
What do you think?

Hkk

Account Closed
I believe it can be Scorpio or Capricorn IC,or important aspects to Saturn and Pluto(especially to the Moon or Sun). Or heavy Saturnian/Plutonian influence.
What do you think?

I have older parents and my mom was always stricter on me than my siblings. I'm the youngest so I was probably the 'last chance to get it right' lmao! and the only girl!

I have Saturn in my first along with Jupiter and Pluto at 24 degrees. I have IC Cap with Mars ........Mars square pluto. My mom controlled me and protected me too. I still have to remind her that she's controlling me lol and then she backs off. Despite this we have a great relationship!

Reading your thread, for me personally, the older parents must be having Cap IC. Does anyone else have any ideas. Saturn in the first opposite DC can give you a mature partner but not sure about parents..

Forgotten Warrior

I have older parents and my mom was always stricter on me than my siblings. I'm the youngest so I was probably the 'last chance to get it right' lmao! and the only girl!

I have Saturn in my first along with Jupiter and Pluto at 24 degrees. I have IC Cap with Mars ........Mars square pluto. My mom controlled me and protected me too. I still have to remind her that she's controlling me lol and then she backs off. Despite this we have a great relationship!

Reading your thread, for me personally, the older parents must be having Cap IC. Does anyone else have any ideas. Saturn in the first opposite DC can give you a mature partner but not sure about parents..
She wants to protect you,but she doesn't realize she's controlling you...It also depends on her chart,though.
Mainly Capricorn IC & Scorpio IC/Saturn or Pluto on the IC or 4th house as it deals with parents...
What's the difference between a planet on an angular point(Asc,MC)and a planet on an angular house(1st,4th,7th,10th),anyway?Just curious.:)

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

She wants to protect you,but she doesn't realize she's controlling you...It also depends on her chart,though.
Mainly Capricorn IC & Scorpio IC/Saturn or Pluto on the IC or 4th house as it deals with parents...
What's the difference between a planet on an angular point(Asc,MC)and a planet on a angular house(1st,4th,7th,10th),anyway?Just curious.:)

What about my Pluto in 4th (21' Libra) conjunct IC (3' Libra)...opposite Venus in 7' Aries? Does it indicate a strong, smothering and stubborn mother figure? Note Venus represents the sign of Taurus and it happens to be her sun sign... also the ruler of Libra.

Forgotten Warrior

What about my Pluto in 4th (21' Libra) conjunct IC (3' Libra)...opposite Venus in 7' Aries? Does it indicate a strong, smothering and stubborn mother figure? Note Venus represents the sign of Taurus and it happens to be her sun sign... also the ruler of Libra.

Yes,this strongly indicates a Venusian-like mother,but I believe she's showing its(Venus') negative traits more often because of Pluto in the 4th (and Aries Venus to a certain extent),and she mostly shows them in the family,even getting acknowledged for them for the relatives.
This is your chart,but it can also show the relationship with your parents.
Of course,a synastry chart will show much more,as it takes account of many aspects.
Isn't the orb way too big for Pluto to conjunct IC?Pluto is at 21° Libra,IC is at 3 degrees of the same sign.Maybe I'm just wrong,so correct me if you feel like it.

Last edited:

greybeard

Sun and Moon are the natural Father/Mother. Moon is always a reliable indicator of Mother.

In my personal chart, Placidus, Moon is intercepted Libra 4th. She habitually isolated herself in her bedroom and wrote poetry. We were not in touch (interception...the intercepted sign is "out of touch" with house cusps). The astrological picture is vivid.

For the Father I usually consult both Sun and Saturn (father in role of authority, restraint, preparation for life in "the real world".)

The 4-10 axis is the parental axis. A long time ago I attended an astrological convention, and one of the lectures was titled "Planets on the Angles". When the speaker came to Neptune on the 4th Angle (present in my chart) she said "Mama was a space cadet." I laughed so hard I cried.

Saturn, in my experience, is important in understanding the relationship with Father. Not just aspects, but sign and house position, motion (dir. or rx), general strength, etc. must all be examined. The Sun must not be ignored.

The signs of Cancer-Capricorn have to do with "parenting" energies. Planets in those signs signify. If Cancer, for example, rises, you might expect a "mother complex" of some sort; a deep and vital attachment to the mother, for good or ill. Remember, the whole life is depicted at the Ascendant.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Yes,this strongly indicates a Venusian-like mother,but I believe she's showing its(Venus') negative traits more often because of Pluto in the 4th (and Aries Venus to a certain extent),and she mostly shows them in the family,even getting acknowledged for them for the relatives.
This is your chart,but it can also show the relationship with your parents.
Of course,a synastry chart will show much more,as it takes account of many aspects.
Isn't the orb way too big for Pluto to conjunct IC?Pluto is at 21° Libra,IC is at 3 degrees of the same sign.Maybe I'm just wrong,so correct me if you feel like it.

18* is too wide, it may indicate a different level of strictness and seriousness she has for me as her son. I read my 29 degree Leo/Aquarius nodes indicates the type of people I would relate the best with. My Mom's best family friends were similarly Pisces sun (same year, different birth dates Feb 22-husband and Mar 2, 1963-wife with different moon signs: Cap/Aqua cusp for husband and Gemini/Cancer for the wife, and rising sign is Leo my opposite cusp Virgo their sun sign opposite). Knowing my own father, the husband was a better male role model to me and the wife was my special ed. teacher in elementary school when she met my Mom. I love my parents, but I wish they weren't hard on me and themselves: Sagittarius father (Dec 17, 1946) with Libra moon and Aries ASC.

Forgotten Warrior

18* is too wide, it may indicate a different level of strictness and seriousness she has for me as her son. I read my 29 degree Leo/Aquarius nodes indicates the type of people I would relate the best with. My Mom's best family friends were similarly Pisces sun (same year, different birth dates Feb 22-husband and Mar 2, 1963-wife with different moon signs: Cap/Aqua cusp for husband and Gemini/Cancer for the wife, and rising sign is Leo my opposite cusp Virgo their sun sign opposite). Knowing my own father, the husband was a better male role model to me and the wife was my special ed. teacher in elementary school when she met my Mom. I love my parents, but I wish they weren't hard on me and themselves: Sagittarius father (Dec 17, 1946) with Libra moon and Aries ASC.

I'm sorry if you had any hard time with your parents.
You consider your mom's friends kinda like "spiritual" parents because they had the gentleness and kindness that your parents seemed to lack(as they have fiery and airy placements?)

Forgotten Warrior

Sun and Moon are the natural Father/Mother. Moon is always a reliable indicator of Mother.

In my personal chart, Placidus, Moon is intercepted Libra 4th. She habitually isolated herself in her bedroom and wrote poetry. We were not in touch (interception...the intercepted sign is "out of touch" with house cusps). The astrological picture is vivid.

For the Father I usually consult both Sun and Saturn (father in role of authority, restraint, preparation for life in "the real world".)

The 4-10 axis is the parental axis. A long time ago I attended an astrological convention, and one of the lectures was titled "Planets on the Angles". When the speaker came to Neptune on the 4th Angle (present in my chart) she said "Mama was a space cadet." I laughed so hard I cried.

Saturn, in my experience, is important in understanding the relationship with Father. Not just aspects, but sign and house position, motion (dir. or rx), general strength, etc. must all be examined. The Sun must not be ignored.

The signs of Cancer-Capricorn have to do with "parenting" energies. Planets in those signs signify. If Cancer, for example, rises, you might expect a "mother complex" of some sort; a deep and vital attachment to the mother, for good or ill. Remember, the whole life is depicted at the Ascendant.

Yes,Sun,Saturn and Moon represent the parents in various ways,it all depends on the chart.
And,yes,IC and MC show that too.
I heard that Venus and Mars can also represent parents,but they focus more on the relationship between them.
Personally,I'm a Scorpio Asc...Does that mean I'm to be feared the rest of my life?

greybeard

You also have Pluto angular, near Midheaven. Pluto also forms one leg of the yod focused on the severely afflicted Capricorn Moon.

So the Scorpio/Pluto factor is a powerful element in your makeup.

Note that all planets in the western hemisphere of your chart are retrograde. Problems in forming and maintaining close personal relationships.

The words "older, strict, mature" all belong to Saturn.

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

i have Saturn in the 4th, but from my personal experience it does not necessarily mean that the parents are older / strict / conservative. I come from an Asian background and was not subjected to the stereotypical "tiger parenting", but there were other issues involving neglect and abuse and I have no relationship as an adult with my father. I think Saturn in the IV indicates trouble in the family of some kind, and since it's square my sun these troubles held me back a lot for many years and only now am I starting to assert my identity. I have Aries at my 4th house cusp (0 degrees, I'm Sagittarius rising at 18.00 degrees) so the kind of impulsive energy that I had to deal with was far more combative and explosive than anything Capricorn-like, i.e. slow but suffocating.

I'd say some better indicators from my experience would be Moon in Capricorn (usually involves at least one parent who's quite old-school and possibly a bit harsh, since the moon represents the mother it's often the mother but Hitler had a Capricorn moon and his dad was the strict and abusive one), moon in Scorpio, Moon-Pluto etc. Also, as someone else has mentioned, Capricorn on the 4th house cusp or perhaps even Capricorn rising. Generally I'd say a prominent Saturn / Capricorn / sometimes Scorpio signature, with Saturn / Capricorn being the best indicators.

Cancer / Capricorn, in broader terms, represent the home / family / personal self in contrast with the more societal, impersonal structures that relate to how one fits into the world larger than him / herself.

Last edited: