A relationship worth pursuing? Which aspects hold the most weight?

MantisCutie22

I've been studying astrology for awhile but I'm still struggling with some parts of synastry. I'm struggling to understand which aspects to take seriously, particularly in regards to outer planets. For example, I keep reading that contacts like Pluto-Venus are incredibly intense. But anyone who is born within a couple years of me puts their Pluto on my Venus(I don't have this aspect natally). Granted, I tend to go for plutonian relationships and I'm kind of an intense person, but that still doesn't apply to every single person I meet who is close to my age. And I keep following this pattern, I'll think I see this intense aspect between me and another person, yet when I compare their chart with virtually any other chart(like someone they will never even meet), the same aspect pops up for that person. So how do I know when an aspect really matters?

Which brings me to my next dilemma. I'm into this girl, I think she likes me too but might be a little hesitant, and I'm looking at our synastry and not trusting anything I see. For example, My pluto sits on her ascendant which is supposed to be really significant, but she has that aspect natally and sure enough, I've seen it pop up with every other chart I've compared hers to. So can someone look at our synastry/composite and tell me what I should take stock in?

Brief backstory, she is my roommate's best friend, her current relationship is ending, I met her when I was in a relationship but am now single. To be honest, i didnt really take notice in her at first. It wasn't until my roommate said she had a crush on me that all of a sudden it was like I was seeing her for the first time, i had a "how did I not get swept away by you in the first place" kind of feeling. Now it feels a little like we're playing cat and mouse, not sure what to do with each other kind of thing. I feel like she's afraid to be alone with me maybe? To add another layer, I'm openly gay, she says she is bisexual but I'm not sure how much experience she actually has with women.

Very curious about the Mars in 12th house on the composite as well. I just don't buy all the doom and gloom that is so attached to 12th house synastry, I experience 12th house synastry a lot and really dig the dreamy, deep vibes (Same with 6th house, I'm very 6th house dom so it's tough for me to find synastry that doesn't have any 6th house - tired of reading about how awful it is...). There's a Pluto trine Mars in our composite and some other positive Mars aspects, so I'm trying to understand what that means since it's not traditionally the so called strongest placement for mars. So if anyone can give me some clarity I would so appreciate it! She is very magnetic and gets hit on a lot, so if I'm just caught up in a fantasy I'd rather not put her through another goofball trying to cozy up.

Oh, and worth mentioning, not necessarily looking to see if we're "meant to be" or if she's my "soulmate" or anything. I dont look at relationships that way, but if there's a mutual spark I sure would like to throw some gasoline on it, if only for now. :]

Person 1(Me):
https://imageshack.com/i/poHjZJWhj

Person 2:
https://imageshack.com/i/pmQdLRZIj

Synastry:
https://imageshack.com/i/plOCgd1cj

Composite:
https://imageshack.com/i/po0LFGdrj

Thanks so much!!

Last edited:

Amit89

Her venus in sag is square your venus in virgo and sagg. her sun is also squaring your sun.

Her moon is sextile your Uranus and Neptune, which gives excitement and some charisma to the relationship.

This is what I've looked so far in your synastry chart.

Nice mars aspect can add to the magnetism of the relationship.

MantisCutie22

Her venus in sag is square your venus in virgo and sagg. her sun is also squaring your sun.

Her moon is sextile your Uranus and Neptune, which gives excitement and some charisma to the relationship.

This is what I've looked so far in your synastry chart.

Nice mars aspect can add to the magnetism of the relationship.

Thanks for the response! I noticed those squares, although the chart on astro says our suns are a very distant trine(9 degrees). how would you interpret that based on the rest of the chart? Personally I've noticed that with any of my close relationships there are a lot of squares, I seem comfortable with stressful energy haha.

There's a lot of opposition with my mars in Gemini. Platonically I tend to get along very well with sag, but have never had a more intimate relationship with sag placements, so I'm wondering if my attraction is one sided. Opposites attract, no? She has some trines and squares to her mars in sag I believe, and our mars' have 7 degree opposition.