Pluto conjunct North Node.

Frisiangal

In another thread, Lori wrote:

one definition that I read many years ago about having Pluto conjunct the N. Node being a sign of a violent death. Yeah, that's stuck wtih me, and probably will always be there in the back of my mind. Even though, I've since read many things to dispute that fact.

I have Mars and Pluto, although not conjunct each other, either side of my 11th house NN....AND Mars rules my 8th house of 'death and rebirth'!!
Yes; I underwent a 'violent death' when progressed Mars finally conjoined natal Pluto, intercepted ruler Scorpio in my 3rd house. My mother was suffering from the long-term effects of a smog-filled London (at the time). There was a chance to move to one of the new towns being developed out in the sticks of the countryside 50 or so miles away, maybe more. My parents decided to move. We uprooted and settled elsewhere; I was just 15 years old.
I lost all but one (fellow Taurus) of the friends of my childhood and never made 'staying' new ones. The move placed a strain on the 'love of my life' relationship (fellow Taurus!), that died 3 years later when the progression to Pluto was completed and Mars went on to activate the 9th house Mercury-Venus in Taurus that closely squared Pluto. By the time the progression to the square was finally over, I had met my foreign husband during a holiday, married several years later, left England to settle and make a new life abroad, where I have lived, still married, for over 42 years. In this country I 'fought' for my freedom to be myself. It was here that I discovered astrology that changed the course of my life yet again.
That may never have happened had we remained in London. My mother may have died within the year and not enjoyed 15 more years of extreme happiness. I may never have met anyone else, married, had children, grandchildren etcetc., and, if I had, might have lived with, and under, the traditions and rules of an English society.

I once read that Pluto to NN means a complete transition to another way of life; in effect, an old way 'dies', possibly 'violently' in the metaphorical sense if there are harsh aspects to Pluto. A 'new' life develops that is the path towards fulfilling the meaning of the NN. Better to have the conjunction to NN than to SN, I'd say. It's better to be drawn towards the new way than remain obsessed by an old pattern, isn't it?;)

I also read that Pluto to the NN can actually mean the transition from male to female, or vice versa. I must have been male before :D . But maybe that's because my NN is in a masculine sign. Be interestesting to read what others experience.

So don't worry about that Pluto to NN any longer. It will probably be the making of you.:)

F.

Missa

Frisiangal said:
I once read that Pluto to NN means a complete transition to another way of life; in effect, an old way 'dies', possibly 'violently' in the metaphorical sense if there are harsh aspects to Pluto. A 'new' life develops that is the path towards fulfilling the meaning of the NN. Better to have the conjunction to NN than to SN, I'd say. It's better to be drawn towards the new way than remain obsessed by an old pattern, isn't it?;)

Well thank you, I have Pluto in Scorpio conjunct South Node. You seem to know a lot about the subject, could you tell us something more about it? ;)

Frisiangal

Hi,
I know as much about nodes as I have read.:) You might care to look up Jeff Green's 'Pluto; The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul', which offers great insights into the Pluto and nodal axis combination. Martin Schulman's 'The Nodes' has practically become my bible over the years.

Somewhere in the threads there is a post written not too long ago that also provides excellent insights into the nodes per aspect. Perhaps you can check back ?

The Scorpio-Taurus nodal axis appears to be one of the combination between deep emotional values and physical values. Pluto to SN in its (modern) ruling sign is obviously going to intensify the emotional values and it depends upon its aspects as to whether these are easy to live with or not. Pluto's influence can include so much, from criminal activity to biological research to trans-sexuality, yet compulsion and obsession towards the circumstances of the house of the SN would undoubdtedly be strong. There is usually a theme shown elsewhere in the chart that is indicative of the path of the nodal axis.

F.

Claire19

How close in orb is that Pluto to NN and you dont mention what sign or where??? Pluto deals with much more than violent death which really belongs to Mars. Pluto is more secret and insidious....

We need more aspects in any case to predict a violent death and why dwell on it??? Death is not a subject that an ethical astrologer addresses....

T

Teb

On the 6th pluto and NN will conjunct at 3* in cap. Mines is in the 12th house. However my asc is at 8* cap, I know that is a large orb.

Caro

When pluto transited my natal SN in Scorpio, I went back to college studied Environmental studies - which i think links into my taurus NN.

Ashkada

F.,

A 'new' life develops that is the path towards fulfilling the meaning of the NN.

I like that. I currently have t. Pluto conjunct my North Node. Your
example from your life is that difficult journey.

I have a cancer reoccurrence. Am moving mountains to use alternative
methods - so far exhausting but very effective. Scary. Loss. The threat
of loss. I would not candy coat this one. In order to get to the other
side...you have to go through it.

Hopefully, I let go enough to ease the pain. I know that the more
one let's go of whatever one is holding on to - the better. The middle
ground however feels a bit tricky. I mean I have to fight to get rid
of this cancer whatever I do but the letting go?....Well fear is non-productive
in this situation and the bar is raised pretty high to "let go of fear".

Ash.

waybread

Frisiangal, thanks for telling your story.

I haven't experienced the conjunction, but about the time of my opposition (Pluto in Libra) my daughter was born and my mother died.

I'm not a big fan of death prediction in astrology, because I think that, for the survivors, their experiences are not identical. For the deceased, I think it's a birth into a new dimension, since people die every second. Also, even looking at prognosticative methods applied to the birth chart, they're not all the same. For example, Jupiter was prominent in my chart when my brother died.

However, my mother was a sun Scorpio. Somewhere I once read that when a Scorpio dies, a new child will be born in the family, within a year before or after the death. This happened with my mother's death and daughter's birth.

Whatever happens, Pluto asks us to go very deep.

magnolia8

Interesting story. I only have Pluto parallel NN. I don’t know whether it’s this placement that brings about moments in life that could be considered crossroads. Faced with extreme pressure to evolve or die. It’s terrifying, particularly when you see yourself succumbing to old ways. Anyway, I, too, have Mars as the ruler of my 8th. I thought that was a positive, LoL.

Frisiangal

Ashkada,
So very sorry to read of your illness issues and wish you every strength in overcoming it.

In my years of working with astrology, all the people with whom I have spoken who have battled with this disease and overcome it said that their lives took on a new meaning. The rotting process of an old pattern of life occured and was allowed to die with the 'I'll never do/feel/go through that again' emotional transformation that saw a new …. and untried ….way of living.

As you wrote, 'to let go of fear' ….first in the possible consequence of the disease, and then to start life anew after conquering it.

Good luck to you.