Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Baby Shower-Should I cancel? Will the event be a success or shame?

So, yeah, I'm getting near the date where my daughter is supposed to be born (mid-end of April). A friend of mine a couple of months ago got me interested in doing a baby shower. Since with my first baby could not have the oportunity, well, I got behind the plan. So, my friend since then have had multiple of health crisis, and, I decided to keep ahead with the plan. Would have loved to have more support doing this, but, hey, at least someone was kind enough to think of me. I am almost always alone in a lot of things, so I'll take what I can. And maybe, this is one of the reasons behind the party: I WANT ME AND MY BABY TO FEEL LOVED AND APPRECIATED AND I WANT TO MAKE **** SURE TO THAT PEOPLE REMEMBER AND MAKE SOME KIND OF GESTURE TO US. Pretty pathetic, I know, but whatever (talk about issues of self worth-Cancer/Asc. Virgo/Saturn 10th). That and the hope for an ideal beautiful family moment to remember (and all the ideas/creativity involved, which
I have enjoyed).

So right now I still have a couple of things I have not finished, with a posibility of rain and thunder on that day (the event is supposed to be outside, in a near park) and it seems that I just slightly injured my back.

My questions:

-Should I cancel, leave this event for another time in the future?
-As things are right now, the event is planned to take place on March 06, 2011, at 1:30 pm. How does a chart for that event reads? Succesful? Will it rain, other problems, health & baby ok, etc?

It is curious that when I made the chart for the event and for the horary question, the ascendant of both is the same as my solar sign (Cancer).

On the day of the event, the Moon is in the 10th. So this is without doubt a "mommy" question/event. However, on the horary, the Moon is in the 8th house, which worries me. On the day of the event, Saturn is also opposed to the Moon. Maybe is just the stress, maybe the fear of disaster around the corner.

So, what can you tell me about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baby Shower-questions.jpg (87.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Baby Shower Natal Chart.jpg (87.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Mychart.jpg (89.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Prisma; 03-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:21 AM

Re: Baby Shower-Should I cancel? Will the event be a success or shame?

(Following might contain delineation statements not generally recognized in conventional astrological analysis)

The event chart looks favorable:
-Moon waxing and in (whole sign) 10th house of honors and glory, in Aries (= new beginnings) and being Lord of the ascendant so placed is auspicious; Moon also conjunct the benefic Jupiter up at the top of the chart in the pivotal 10th house; all quite + testimony
-Part of Fortune rising in the ascendant = + testimony
-Sun (ruler of 2nd house of gifts/$) placed in its joy (the 9th whole sign house) and flows toward Jupiter = + testimony
-Mars, ruler of 5th whole sign house (children; also pleasures) is in mutual reception with the benefic Jupiter
-Venus disposits the 11th whole sign house of friends and the Good Spirit (11th house under Taurus); Venus in applying sextile to Jupiter, Venus also disposits the 4th house of home and family, and disposits Saturn therein (showing stability) and is in mutual reception with Saturn: indicates lasting impressions of the event
-the star Mirzam is longitudinally conjunct the ascending degree: a constructive, benefic star of Venus quality = + testimony

I would have to say that, from my perspective, the baby shower event for the date and time given looks very beneficial and auspicious.
Unread 03-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Thank you, dr. farr!

Last edited by Prisma; 03-05-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Unread 03-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Baby Shower: How it went:

Despite pronostics, it did not rain, it was sunny (yeah!)

But... I ask for sun, never though of wind.... The event was outside, on a near park, and most of decorations, especially hanging ones, ended up flying or falling apart. It was funny and pretty, still, after all the stress and everything, people care for me and my family, we are healthy and alive, and that what's important. (Also, who knows, a little of a humility lesson here and a little joke from above...). I should have more faith in the good things to come too, not worry so much.

A lot of peple did not show up, but with the ones that came we had a good time. Next rule of tumb, when planning and event (at least in mine): to the final head count, subtract 15-20 people.

Other lessons learned:
-The cake was a mild disapointment, so I do not think I will be ordering another hugely important cake there. It tasted good, but colors were wrong, among other things. At least it was for a good price.

-Be better organized. Not to leave some things (like party favors & guest games) until the last day.

-I do not think I will be having another baby, but for those who read these, I recomend not to plan a Baby shower for more than 16-24 guests.

Other details:

-None of the neighbors invited, for one reason or the other, showed up.

-Also: nor my mother or brother or one of my sisters came (but her children were brought by my father). Another sister showed up and helped me, but had to go early. My father helped me a lot, but had to go early too.

-Most of the guest that arrived: the family of my husband.

If someone cares to examine the chart, it would be nice and helpful to learn how these details are represented in the charts.

Regarding Astrology:

-I ended up taking charge of the event, (ASC. Cancer?).

-The theme of the party: "Princess on board"- On event chart: Can this be represented by Aries on the 10th, Jupiter and Moon in the 10th on Aries?
Edit: Also: 11th house-Taurus. There was A LOT OF FOOD for the people.

-Guests:
--Jupiter on 10th, event chart-Maybe this explains also that the family of my husband (Sag) was from were most of guest were from.

--Also intrigued by all the planets on Pisces and the fact that the lord of 3rd house (siblings, etc) is in the 9th, although in a late degree. My brother (Pisces) could not attend the party. One sister (Virgo) did not attended, My father (Virgo), did came and help out as much as he could,

--My mother, claiming an ailment on her leg, kindly refused the invitation. On the event chart: Capricorn (which in my chart is the 5th house), is empty. The ruler in the 5th house on the event chart, Saturn, is in the 4th house in Libra. My mother is Libra. This Saturn is squared with: North node, which is squared by MC, Moon and Jupiter, which is in square with ASC, and the Asc. , in turn, squares Saturn. Saturn opposes also Moon and Jupiter. My husband has been also kind of distant of my mother, because of previous stressfull situations. So I invited her, but it was not meant to be. At least there is peace, among the differences, as far as I can tell.

--Finally, the friend who, although could not do much of the planning, ended up making all the food and helping me a lot on the party: An Aries. Another one who was not in the planning details, but helped a lot: my husband: (Sag).

--Also, the baby and event was from me & my husband: Jupiter & Moon on the 10th.

So, if someone cares to coment about these insights and other aspects on the charts, etc, it will be apreciated.

Regards;
Prisma

Edit:
PS: Just hope that everything keeps been ok with baby!

Last edited by Prisma; 01-07-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Add comments, grammar
Unread 03-08-2011, 04:14 AM

Do you consider that the baby shower turned out as a success, or otherwise?
Unread 03-08-2011, 05:26 AM

Well... someone wiser would maybe reply in turn: Define success.

Maybe the Virgo and the insecure Cancer in me can't stop analyzing the situation, what went wrong, etc. But I am also grateful. I have people that care for me, my mother, although did not attended, things are at peace with her and the most important thing: as far as I know, baby still alive. (Going to go maybe to Dr. tomorow, just in case). I also like what I interpret as a lovely "wink" from God, that, despite the wind and the weather reports (those people sometimes seems to be paid just to put people nervous), everything went ok.

It could have been better, more organized, but still, for me a failure would be having a lovely party and later, no baby to show the memories, when she is older. Maybe that is one of the lessons here.

Last edited by Prisma; 05-20-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Unread 07-05-2011, 07:49 PM

Update:
Baby was born on April 10. She has two months now, and is -oh-so-cute-pretty-a dark hair-pale-beauty-etc-etc-etc. .

Baby ended up been an Aries, Asc. Cancer.
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:00 AM

Congratulations! That is wonderful news: much health and happiness to both the baby and you!
Sincerely,
Richard L. Farr

Tags
baby, baby shower, cancel, event, shame, showershould, success, worries